Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Elysiume posted:

Isn't Pit Lord like 7+ years old?

Apprently came out in 6.44 which came out 7 years and 12 weeks ago.

Which brings up another question of why the hell did it go from 1.00-6.44 in like 7 years and 6.44-6.82 in the same amount of time. Where is my version 7.00 icefrog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Isn't Pit Lord like 7+ years old?

He's pretty old that's for sure. Also pretty boring to play. Although he got remade so maybe he's better now?

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

drunken officeparty posted:

Apprently came out in 6.44 which came out 7 years and 12 weeks ago.

Which brings up another question of why the hell did it go from 1.00-6.44 in like 7 years and 6.44-6.82 in the same amount of time. Where is my version 7.00 icefrog

7.0 comes out when all heroes are ported to dota 2 (which is never :rimshot:)

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Asuron posted:

He's pretty old that's for sure. Also pretty boring to play. Although he got remade so maybe he's better now?

I was all about the pit lord model in WC3. Love my demons. That said he wasnt amazing/game changing when he was introduced.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

Blink Dagger nerf (yeah, sorry): it is split into two items, when you have only one piece it only travels a fourth of the distance.

Better build-up for the heroes that want it, but heroes that get 6-slotted (NP, Tinker, etc.) will not want to make the inventory space investment.

Also it is very DOTAesque in how random a mechanic it is ;)

I didn't think we could get worse suggestions than the previous few pages, but there we go.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I think the rest of the roster will probably be in by early next year. Techies before the end of the week, a hero or two for Diretide, a hero or two for the Xmas event, and then whatever's left if anything for spring. Pit Lord will probably be after Techies given that he doesn't seem to have any glaring balance issues.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.
A day or so ago people in some Twitch chat were discussing some fake patch notes. Anyone got a link to them?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Carados posted:

A day or so ago people in some Twitch chat were discussing some fake patch notes. Anyone got a link to them?

lol

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Carados posted:

A day or so ago people in some Twitch chat were discussing your posts.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Hey man, "fake patch note discussion" is way better then "why do they never release new dudes" and "x is op, here's some way overblown nerfs"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Fake patch notes are fun and cool to read because you can play the "which one of these will come true" game, like with plague wards getting Veno's sting.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm totally down for some fake patch notes, since inevitably something in them ends up being real, and even the fake stuff is amusing, like poison nova working on towers.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

TOOT BOOT posted:

I'm totally down for some fake patch notes, since inevitably something in them ends up being real, and even the fake stuff is amusing, like poison nova working on towers.

That'll never happen.

Asuron posted:

He's both boring and bad now.

Mr Wikstroem
Nov 22, 2007

And now you read this in a seally Svedisch accent Jå?

Anatharon posted:

He's both boring and bad now.

Don't say such things. I have fond memories of playing pit lord in old rear end wc3 dota and having a blast so if it turns out that the years have not been kind to the old lug then I'll be sad. :smith:

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
lmao @ the last page of retards dogpiling the noob posting his scrub tier build game

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TOOT BOOT posted:

-AA now rides his ult ala major kong

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
-Grandmother's web now slows enemy heroes attack speed and creeps by 2%/4%/6%/10%

Tsolum
Jun 12, 2013

Grapplejack posted:

-AA now rides his ult ala major kong

When Spirit Breaker charges, he can grab allies for a charge train similar to Tusk snowball.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tsolum posted:

When Spirit Breaker charges, he can grab allies for a charge train similar to Tusk snowball.

-Spirit Breaker given Duel as ult

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Just lost a sure win game after getting megas cause Necro aghs ulted 3 people in a row and we couldn't buyback with 5k+ gold :thumbsup:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Elman posted:

Just lost a sure win game after getting megas cause Necro aghs ulted 3 people in a row and we couldn't buyback with 5k+ gold :thumbsup:

Probably the first time in dota history where a necrolyte caused a comeback.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can see a surprise double-ult if he just snagged a Refresher or something and you didn't know.

But a triple-ult? How does that work?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Elman posted:

Sounds like someone got outplayed

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

You were expecting...Sandy Claws?

Fun Shoe

Pureauthor posted:

I can see a surprise double-ult if he just snagged a Refresher or something and you didn't know.

But a triple-ult? How does that work?

A level 25 player getting killed with Aghs Reaper's Scythe will be down for 130s, scythe cooldown is 70. With Refresher, there's still maybe 30-50 seconds of 3 dead and no buyback. Lategame, that's enough.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Elman posted:

hahahaha holy poo poo dude you got peeped

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

It was hilarious cause at the end we were about to save the game and I was defending at low HP cause I had no time to heal, Necro was dead and I could buyback anyway. Dude bought back, boots of traveled to me and ulted me again :saddowns:

e: Yeah I didn't mean 3 ults in a row or anything, just that we hosed up once and after that the lack of buybacks was the nail in the coffin.

vvvv 859153555

It was a really even and fun in game all in all, despite the really frustrating end :shobon:

Elman fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Aug 27, 2014

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

Elman posted:

Post that poo poo I love seeing comebacks from Megacreeps.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Peanut President posted:

Who said mocking? I was laughing at the fact that we were carried by a Sven.

edit: if dota had a gibus like TF2 does I would have one that's how bad I am. But I had fun and got to build a bunch of stuff and I loved it. I'm proud of the first good game I've had.

Sven is literally a carry

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Peanut President posted:

Who said mocking? I was laughing at the fact that we were carried by a Sven.

edit: if dota had a gibus like TF2 does I would have one that's how bad I am. But I had fun and got to build a bunch of stuff and I loved it. I'm proud of the first good game I've had.

you died well enough

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

People look down on Sven a lot but he's still a pretty okay carry with his crazy damage and fast stack clearing. I'll probably take him over a carry Alchemist or Luna, and you see those often enough.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Elman posted:

People look down on Sven a lot but he's still a pretty okay carry with his crazy damage and fast stack clearing. I'll probably take him over a carry Alchemist or Luna, and you see those often enough.

He's just vulnerable to getting kited but looking at that game I don't think that was a danger.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Sven is a good 1. position carry when your team has 4 dudes setting you up for the Huge Cleaves.

Otherwise he's kinda garbo as a 1

I also pick him as a melee support, which he can do pretty well with his recently buffed base damage and armor. Basically just dive towers without a fear and stun dudes. Later on he can transition into a semi-carry with blink BKB.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
is zet out yet

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Liu posted:

is zet out yet

You don't want Zet to be out.

Trust me

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Sven is fun because you can build a heart and still get +120 damage from it.

Longtiem
Feb 9, 2010

Elman posted:

I still hate luna and i have no idea why. Theres nothing about her that screams "bad" but it just never seems to work out.

Evfedu
Feb 28, 2007
Sven is my favorite carry. If you can get good farm and support there's just nothing they can do vs heart daed ac bkb blink.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

You don't want Zet to be out.

Trust me

nah I like spamming Spark Wraith and winning my lane with no effort whatsoever.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Just pick sven because he's cool and fun to play at every stage of the game. Round out that perfect item build (4 S&Y, 1 blink dagger, 1 MoM) with a 7 slot refresher orb for "ultimate > feed > buyback > refresh > ultimate > feed" combos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
So who are the upcoming and rumored announcer packs in the future? I heard something about Rick and Morty being a thing. I would pay for that.

• Locked thread