Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I finally took my super spirit bomb spam Charles Barkley online. Turns out ssb is super easy to dodge and I just get timed out. Striker build Ike works way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Wow fighting Beerus and Whis at the same time is hard. Trunks is also water trash.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

dr.acula posted:

Wow fighting Beerus and Whis at the same time is hard. Trunks is also water trash.

I just got up to the Beerus saga because I don't get a lot of free time to play and I am not looking forward to that fight. On the plus side, I heard it's the toughest in the game so it's easier from there on out.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

So any word on whether or not these DLC packs will include Yajirobe's costume and wig for my Majin.
Or at least Tao's cyborg head. Either one will do.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Covok posted:

I just got up to the Beerus saga because I don't get a lot of free time to play and I am not looking forward to that fight. On the plus side, I heard it's the toughest in the game so it's easier from there on out.

Nah its pretty easy if you equip the right skils for a 2 on 1 fight.

People need to understand what presets are for. Use them so you have different set ups for different situations!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Beerus/Whis fight wasn't too bad. I had more problems with any Parallel Quest where it tags Gohan and Goku together, as they spam Kamahama Ultimates at you in a chain.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I'm on pc and every time I try to join an online parallel quest my connection drops. Anyone else experiencing this?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The toughest fights in this game are unanimously the ones where you have to fight an endless procession of Frieza lackeys, because they'll always outnumber you and there's no way to thin out their ranks so it's just a constant test the entire mission

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

-Fish- posted:

I'm on pc and every time I try to join an online parallel quest my connection drops. Anyone else experiencing this?

I am as well. I'm guessing the servers are acting up.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

-Fish- posted:

The servers started shakey but they fixed them with a patch. However they're getting a bit wonky again due to the up coming patch, so that might be it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Veg posted:

People need to understand what presets are for. Use them so you have different set ups for different situations!

So, out of curiosity, what are those skills per say?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Veg posted:

The story mode doesn't let you change presets.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

It just kind of started working for me again out of nowhere. Also, was challenged by someone who had cheated to give themselves infinite Ki. (constant Ultimate spam despite not being Super Saiyan). Somehow still managed to stomp their rear end.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm making a list of all the special lines when a character fights another. I'm only at Goku and I already found an error, impressive. When Goku fights Krillin, his starting line is "I have a full belly and tons of power! Just like the old days, right Yamcha?". Either Goku's gone insane or they really gave Yamcha's line to Krillin.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Covok posted:

So, out of curiosity, what are those skills per say?

Ultra fighting bomber. Blue hurricane. Gravity impact.

Use invincibility frames and aoe attacks to your advantage.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
:catstare:

Assault Rain is stupid. I just Z-ranked PQ 51 (the one with Brolly at night) without even getting the ultimate finish.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Veg posted:

Ultra fighting bomber. Blue hurricane. Gravity impact.

Use invincibility frames and aoe attacks to your advantage.

Do you buy those or train with people?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Do you buy those or train with people?

That or you do what I did and just build a character you like and then you figure out the way you like fighting the best and then you go after the Dragon Balls a few dozen loving times until you get your stats just right and then you just punch everyone to death because now you're an invincible super punching Kamen Rider and

Uh maybe don't do what I did.

Covok
May 27, 2013

To be honest, my play style is a little too simple. I'm basically a super hercule: I just punch things really hard till they die. Sometimes, breaking the metaphor, I go Kaioken x 3.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

To be honest, my play style is a little too simple. I'm basically a super hercule: I just punch things really hard till they die. Sometimes, breaking the metaphor, I go Kaioken x 3.

What race and gender are you, assuming gender applies?

I might have some tips because that's exactly what I do with my main goku

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
All the attacks veg listed EXCEPT gravity impact I believe are from missions. I KNOW Blue Hurricane is and its always either easy or impossible to get. I got it first try the people I play with tried to get it for days. Gravity Impact is a Cell move I think. It shoots a VERY short ranged barrier that cancels out basically everything Ki related. It turns off Beerus and Frieza's giant death ball things really easy at the least. For that matter outside of Blue Hurricane is your lord and savior in multibattles I use 'NO MORE GAMES!!!' and Perfect Kamehameha from Cell since the z-soul makes you entirely invincible while using that ultimate and it takes longer then other Kamehameha ultimates so you can functionally beam battle by just taking it in the face and firing back while taking no damage.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Burkion posted:

What race and gender are you, assuming gender applies?

I might have some tips because that's exactly what I do with my main goku

I don't have a Goku, I have a Piccolo:

and these are his stats:

I know that they are kind of messed up.

Edit: Didn't realize it wasn't listed, I am level 46, going on 47.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

I don't have a Goku, I have a Piccolo:

and these are his stats:

I know that they are kind of messed up.

Edit: Didn't realize it wasn't listed, I am level 46, going on 47.

Uh, oh. I'm sorry.

Uh, mostly rely on the fact that you have regeneration, get whatever helps boost that, Kamicolo soul helps that, and do not expect to be doing that much damage.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=402071160&insideModal=1

I am so sorry.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Burkion posted:

Uh, oh. I'm sorry.

Uh, mostly rely on the fact that you have regeneration, get whatever helps boost that, Kamicolo soul helps that, and do not expect to be doing that much damage.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=402071160&insideModal=1

I am so sorry.

That bad, huh? Guess the "Super Hercule" metaphor is apt then.

Edit: In my defense, despite me being so far behind, I actually had this game since launch. I've just been busy and only played on occassion with big breaks. What I mean is that there wasn't, to my knowledge at least, guides on charbuilding then...or there was and I have no excuse.

Edit Edit: On a scale of 1-10, how badly should I go collect the dragonballs again and wish to redo my stats?

Covok fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 13, 2015

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

PoptartsNinja posted:

:catstare:

Assault Rain is stupid. I just Z-ranked PQ 51 (the one with Brolly at night) without even getting the ultimate finish.

I love Assault Rain. Using the Human Extinction Attack to pummel jackasses is great, and it does a lot of damage too. It outperforms Sphere of Destruction (which has been rather disappointing so far sadly) and Perfect Kamehameha in my experience.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

For anyone that cares, I've compiled the quotes from Goku to every other character on 1 on 1 battles here.

tl;dr version: "I have a full belly and tons of power! Just like the old days, right Yamcha?" - Goku, to literally everyone.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Honestly the stats aren't TERRIBLE. They don't help you at ALL for multi-target battles though since most your damage is going to come from punching things and while you are doing that you are going to be hit from behind. The best area of effect ultimate for you at this point would be Blue Hurricane due to your strike points and getting some armor that buffs your strikes might be helpful. I don't have much experience with namekian attacks (made human, buu, then frieza, then Saiyan I've not made a namekian yet) but setting up ways to punch people despite that but the only thing I've really heard of is Pose K if you can get it(Has been trying and NONE of the poses from that mission will drop for him.) outside of building the person I'd mostly just hope that Trunks survives long enough that you can weaken one of the two. If you get lucky he can last for awhile though he won't scratch his target and if you get unlucky he doesn't even hold agro and gets hit and killed by a Beerus ult he aimed at you.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Well, I do plan on grinding to 60ish before starting the Beerus saga. I heard that's a good level for that saga. Also, yeah, I hate multi-battles because of how easily I get double teamed.

Edit: It wasn't that bad. I grinded a tad and defeated all the matches on my first try. Beerus and Whis were, honestly, not that hard. I just had Trunks distract Whis until Beerus was down then floored Whis.

Covok fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 13, 2015

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Roland Jones posted:

I love Assault Rain. Using the Human Extinction Attack to pummel jackasses is great, and it does a lot of damage too. It outperforms Sphere of Destruction (which has been rather disappointing so far sadly) and Perfect Kamehameha in my experience.

The best part of Assault Rain is that th animation makes your Goku do the same creepy pose Buu used in the series.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

I really wanna get Assault Rain soon because I always liked the move, but is it gonna be better than Giant Storm?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Szmitten posted:

I really wanna get Assault Rain soon because I always liked the move, but is it gonna be better than Giant Storm?

A rough equal, it just has a longer startup. It lasts longer though, so if you are with a friend who also has Assault Rain, you can fire yours and he fire his alternatively, so you can stunlock whoever you want, such as boss Goku under a flood of pink rain.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The RNG grind finally got me in trying to get Videl's I'm Okay to complete Gohan's training. They really need to have getting Z rank unlock most, if not all the things a Parallel Quest lists as there really isn't any other point to get a high rank unless you want speed through training sans the fetch me poo poo part.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
So I've been vaguely tempted by this game but heard some very discouraging things about connectivity at launch, as well as it being extremely grindy. Is there a particularly bad grind? Have the online issues been resolved? And is this an okay game to just pick up and play every now and then, or do you kind of have to commit yourself to it?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Backhand posted:

So I've been vaguely tempted by this game but heard some very discouraging things about connectivity at launch, as well as it being extremely grindy. Is there a particularly bad grind? Have the online issues been resolved? And is this an okay game to just pick up and play every now and then, or do you kind of have to commit yourself to it?

The connection issues got sorted out pretty quick. We're having some minor ones now, but that's because of a massive update about to drop.

The game can be unforgivably grindy if you're looking for very specific moves or costumes, but it can also be super forgiving because it runs on the RNG system. Honestly if you ask around, and are on PC, there's a thing that will just let you hack your save to get what you want.

And this is, in my opinion, a perfect game you can just pick up and play whenever. So long as you don't plan to take part in any serious PVP bullshit and you really shouldn't, you should be just fine dicking around with friends as you feel like.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Backhand posted:

Connection issues seem fixed to me, I jumped in after they patched so I didn't experience them myself.
It's pretty grindy cause it has an unforgiving RNG that likes to gently caress you more than anything, thankfully the game is really fun to play so the grind is pretty tolerable I think!

Definitely a game you can play to jump in and kick the poo poo out of dudes for 10 minutes and then jump out, most of the PQs and story quests last about 10 minutes tops in my experience so I think it's perfect for jump in and jump out play.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Awesome. Sounds like exactly what I was hoping for, then. Thanks!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

So I guess it's pretty safe to say the last DLC is just going to be recolored Goku, Freiza (and possibly Vegeta) with Jaco added in there. I guess unless they announce a second season of DLC there go my hopes of having any other characters. Really would have liked to have seen Uub or Cooler or y'know anybody else that isn't just a new form of a pre-existing character. :sigh:

I'll take the Shenrons and baddies though! And with two more DLC maybe we'll get more wackiness like Ginyu Force Nappa. :toot:
Some old Japanese article mentioned the pre-order bonus as well.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Beat the game so I was finally able to make a new character. Man...I bet this is common knowledge, but Saiyans Ki Users are easy mode especially with Super Vegeta 2. I felt like an unbeatable god at level 1. True, I wouldn't have so many ki powers at level 1 if it wasn't new game+, but it does show how strong they eventually grow.

Infinite Ki in Super Saiyan is waaay much especially since no one else gets anything similar.

Also, for my Namekian, any advice of keeping Bardock alive during that terrible mission in the Bardock Saga?

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Best way to keep Bardock alive is to use Hercule taunts to pull aggro and then hit them with a big fuckoff AOE move like Ultra Fighting Bomber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Baby Babbeh posted:

Best way to keep Bardock alive is to use Hercule taunts to pull aggro and then hit them with a big fuckoff AOE move like Ultra Fighting Bomber.

Like "The Savior Has Come," right? Alright, I'll give that a shot, thanks for the tip.

• Locked thread