Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Crabtree posted:

Its just a dumb name I threw up for being on a power level par with post Battle of the Gods Goku and Beerus. Let every type of CAC have it as its basically Kaioken but with red hair if they don't want to share Potential Unlocked.

I really hope they officially trim down SSGSS to just True Super Saiyan God in the dub. We'll still have Cyan and blue jokes, but for the sake of the voice actors alone they should probably cut out some of the redundant poo poo.

What, you don't think Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Son Goku, or SSGSSSG for short, is great?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I hope everyone just pronounces the acronym as hissing erratically. "Goku's gone beyond Super Saiyan God! Now he's a hszzsshhz... s?"

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Exercu posted:

What, you don't think Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Son Goku, or SSGSSSG for short, is great?

This is my favourite thing since Hunter Triple HHHaitch Hurst Helmsley

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What would King Kai have left to teach you? You've already got all his moves.

Kinda funny that this new blue haired SSJ God SSJ is just going to get their poo poo kicked in by a random time patroller.

I've got way too much going on with GTAV to play this update right now. drat shame. New computer is on the way, so maybe after it's here, I'll jump back in with the third patch.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
My favorite is still "Oh my god, he's gone Super Cyan!"

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

I wouldn't be surprised if Old Kai doesn't give you anything for his first three missions and just tells you to be patient.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Emong posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Old Kai doesn't give you anything for his first three missions and just tells you to be patient.

He'll probably just give you some bad jokes instead. Maybe his fetch quest will be to collect a bad joke from someone else. Have to talk to the other masters until one tells you a bad one.

The maps get redesigned so his training quests are just chasing around Bubbles and Gregory.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

King Kai would teach you hilarious jokes.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

So apparently the second DLC is out and I can't find any new quest markers. What's the deal?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

NomChompsky posted:

So apparently the second DLC is out and I can't find any new quest markers. What's the deal?

The Time Patrol quests come from the new robot Spots, who sits outside the Time Scroll chamber next to the robot who gave you the quests for DLC1.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Potsticker posted:

The Time Patrol quests come from the new robot Spots, who sits outside the Time Scroll chamber next to the robot who gave you the quests for DLC1.

Turns out I just didn't download it because I assumed if you have a season pass it just automatically installs. :downs:

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Goku really let himself go after losing two tournaments and seeing Krillin die

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

mabels big day posted:

King Kai would teach you hilarious jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9Avxg2tPyw

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm reading Jaco for the first time after a friend insisted I did (and he was right, this is great), and I found something. If Jaco's clothes get in in the next DLC, we can totally make this guy!

I'd make a Namek if he could be a Super Elite Galactic Patrolman.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How much of Jaco is on Comixology?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there somewhere online that has a list of all the secret items? The items you can only get in PQ's but don't appear on the loot lists, like the Mustache Glasses?

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Rirse posted:

How much of Jaco is on Comixology?

There's only 1 issue. So either all or none.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

zelah posted:

There's only 1 issue. So either all or none.

It's the whole thing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Exercu posted:

I don't think anyone could say it fast enough unless they were part snake god.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
2Super 2Saiyan God Goku

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Did they ever fix the audio desync for videos in this?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Modding scene is finally doing cool poo poo. Most non-colorable armors now have colorable versions, and new/previously-unavailable-for-CaC hairstyles are being swapped in. So far as I can tell nobody's come up with a way to add to existing content though, only replace.

http://dbxvmods.freeforums.net/

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

-Fish- posted:

Modding scene is finally doing cool poo poo. Most non-colorable armors now have colorable versions, and new/previously-unavailable-for-CaC hairstyles are being swapped in. So far as I can tell nobody's come up with a way to add to existing content though, only replace.

I wish I understood how to get these things in my game. Especially the ones from this thread, being able to recolour every outfit is basically the one thing I want. Also Bardock's bandanna, I'm surprised that wasn't in to begin with and I'm fully willing to sacrifice Gohan's dorky glasses for it.

The tutorials on the site only confuse me more, I'm not sure which I'm meant to follow.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

-Fish- posted:

quote:

You do not have permission to access this board.

A DBZ forum with its poo poo set to private certainly brings back memories

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I wish I understood how to get these things in my game. Especially the ones from this thread, being able to recolour every outfit is basically the one thing I want. Also Bardock's bandanna, I'm surprised that wasn't in to begin with and I'm fully willing to sacrifice Gohan's dorky glasses for it.

The tutorials on the site only confuse me more, I'm not sure which I'm meant to follow.

The process essentially breaks down to this

1)Use the unpackager to unpack data2.cpk
2)You'll get a "data1" and "data2" folder, move them into an empty folder.
3)Throw your poo poo into the appropriate folder in data1
4)Use the packager(?) to pack up the folder containing data1 and data2 into a new data2.cpk

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't find data2.cpk at all. And reading the posts in the tutorial thread (the ones I could read anyways, since most are either in really bad English or italian or Portuguese), people are getting some really bad side-effects from this (like the game not loading at all), so I'm not even sure if it's really worth it. I do want to be able to edit the colours of all clothes, poo poo.

What would Mr. Satan do?

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I can't find data2.cpk at all. And reading the posts in the tutorial thread (the ones I could read anyways, since most are either in really bad English or italian or Portuguese), people are getting some really bad side-effects from this (like the game not loading at all), so I'm not even sure if it's really worth it. I do want to be able to edit the colours of all clothes, poo poo.

What would Mr. Satan do?

Should be in the root folder of your Xenoverse directory. I've had a couple of the symptoms they experienced, they come from doing it wrong. As long as you keep a backup of data and data2 you'll be fine.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

-Fish- posted:

Should be in the root folder of your Xenoverse directory. I've had a couple of the symptoms they experienced, they come from doing it wrong. As long as you keep a backup of data and data2 you'll be fine.

Like he says, just make sure to keep a backup and you'll be fine. You can just put them back if anything and be back to normal. Same as any other mod for any other PC Master Race game.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Not to mention verifying your game integrity on Steam should put everything right back where it was.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Okay, I followed the tutorial here on unpacking the files, that's easy enough. Now, data1.cpk (and the folder it created, now DataBackup) is gigantic (over 3 GB) while data2.cpk and its created folders, Data and Data2 are small, but I'm meant to be editting Data, despite having much less in it?

Also I can't find where the created character clothes are meant to be in at all, and I'm mostly looking to add Bardock's bandana and recolour-able clothes (and maybe Yardrat Goku, I've always had a fondness for that one). This is confusing.

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008
If every item is actually recolorable I don't understand why we're not allowed to recolor every item. Hell they could have bundled the ability to do that with a unique wig or two and called it digital dulux edition.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mimsy posted:

If every item is actually recolorable I don't understand why we're not allowed to recolor every item. Hell they could have bundled the ability to do that with a unique wig or two and called it digital dulux edition.

It could be a licensing issue. If they designed every item to be recolorable, and then the licence owners go "well we don't want people to be able to change the colors of iconic outfits or accessories that belong to canonical characters" then the guys who make the game just kind of have to shrug and go with it.

The capability is clearly there, these items were made with this in mind, but we're not allowed to do it and that's the only reason I can think of.

It's why, for example, Sonic's alternate colors in Smash Bros Brawl were all blue, and why Pac-Man's alternate colors in Smash 4 are all just different gloves and boots. Can't change the iconic colors for perceived marketing reasons.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

-Fish- posted:

Well I know what I'm going to be hopelessly trying to learn today.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Goddamnit. The only thing I want, ONLY THING, is the Great Sayiaman Helmet to be colorable and that's not even one of the things they've done yet!

Come on modders, help a toku hero out!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Man, I really should have gotten this game for Steam instead of PS3.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Kelp Plankton posted:

It could be a licensing issue. If they designed every item to be recolorable, and then the licence owners go "well we don't want people to be able to change the colors of iconic outfits or accessories that belong to canonical characters" then the guys who make the game just kind of have to shrug and go with it.

The capability is clearly there, these items were made with this in mind, but we're not allowed to do it and that's the only reason I can think of.

It's why, for example, Sonic's alternate colors in Smash Bros Brawl were all blue, and why Pac-Man's alternate colors in Smash 4 are all just different gloves and boots. Can't change the iconic colors for perceived marketing reasons.

In Ultimate Tenkaichi almost all create-a-Goku clothing options were pre-established and it allowed you to change anything's colour.

That doesn't invalidate the licensing explanation, it's just unusual it would come up a few games later.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Utgardaloki posted:

In Ultimate Tenkaichi almost all create-a-Goku clothing options were pre-established and it allowed you to change anything's colour.

That doesn't invalidate the licensing explanation, it's just unusual it would come up a few games later.

It might have to do with the franchise being alive now. When Ultimate Tenkaichi came out, the movies weren't being made and they didn't even make Yo! Son Goku and Friends Return yet. Goku was still a marketing icon, but he was just that. This probably also lessened how much the license holders felt the game would even sell. You can have a Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta in a tiny game only a couple thousand people will buy and it won't dilute the image of Vegeta. Dragonball Heroes runs on that logic.

Now, there is a series of films, the entire cast got redesigned, and the series is very much in the limelight. While this game was much more successful than hoped for, they probably still expected it to sell better, didn't want to dilute the images of the characters as the audience is now adjusting to their official redesigns, and want to keep a tighter grasp on the franchise since it's source is moving and developing. As such, they didn't want anything iconic about the characters hosed with. Their purple-evil-Demigra versions were probably as far as they were allowed to go.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
Would the recolored outfits appear the same color for others that have modded their files in the same way? Would the default color for that outfit show up on others if you've modded?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is there a z soul that increases the damage of majin buu attacks? I'd like to get assault rain powered up a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Finally got Spirit Sword. Its really cool and powerful, when it actually hits 1 out of 10 times.

• Locked thread