Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I thought the thing with the BlazBlue anime was that they covered the first game entirely in two episodes.
okay i only watched two episodes because the animation was bad

did they move on to continuum shift after?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think they did.

I dunno, I only watched one episode.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Whoa, more so than Mahouka?
I did not watch any of Mahouka.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Are there at least any decent action sequences in Kancolle? If I'm gonna watch war crimes, they'd better be cool war crimes.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

big anime fan here, dick spacious cpa
You need to reverse the names. Dick Spacious CPA isn't angry enough to be Piccolo

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The first episode of Kancolle definitely felt really first episode but it was still good and I am definitely looking forward to more.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Are there at least any decent action sequences in Kancolle? If I'm gonna watch war crimes, they'd better be cool war crimes.

They were okay I guess? Nothing too spectacular, but not terrible. Though speaking of the animation the way they move around on water looks goofy as hell.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

This is how i feel about dick spacious's posting

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Wow lot of posts itt since the last time I looked so what's up in anime today?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I hope whoever is directing the show has a secret vendetta against the rise of militarized nationalism in japan and ends the show with summary court martial and execution of all the ship girls for war crimes.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The cgi was obvious and a little jarring but I liked seeing the abyssal destroyers animated with it.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I hope whoever is directing the show has a secret vendetta against the rise of militarized nationalism in japan and ends the show with summary court martial and execution of all the ship girls for war crimes.

People probably venerate the Japanese Navy because they fought American warships valiantly instead of slaughtering Chinese peasants and raping their daughters, so...

coathat
May 21, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

That's stupid.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

coathat posted:

That's stupid.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i support the militarization in japan and my future job as military anime advisor in japan just like that guy who advised on girls und panzer

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

i support the militarization in japan and my future job as military anime advisor in japan just like that guy who advised on girls und panzer

I wish I lived the life of the dudes who advises on metal gear solid, cause he ran away from home and became a mercenary or something, according to himself.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

He moved to the US from Japan so he could join the army, and did.

Badass.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Effectronica posted:

People probably venerate the Japanese Navy because they fought American warships valiantly instead of slaughtering Chinese peasants and raping their daughters, so...

Yeah, it was just American captives that the IJN rapemurdered. A number of them were from hospital ships that they deliberately bombed, too. Guess AHS Centaur-tan will be tsundere towards the main cast until I-177-tan melts her heart (and her engine room, if you know what I mean) with a well-placed torpedo salvo.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Sharkopath posted:

He moved to the US from Japan so he could join the army, and did.

Badass.

He also claims to be trained in CQC as a martial art, and to have learned/taught it when teaching SWAT teams in Japan.

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, it was just American captives that the IJN rapemurdered. A number of them were from hospital ships that they deliberately bombed, too. Guess AHS Centaur-tan will be tsundere towards the main cast until I-177-tan melts her heart (and her engine room, if you know what I mean) with a well-placed torpedo salvo.

Bombing/torpedoing hospital ships and ships recovering people from the water was something every single major combatant did in WW2, so that isn't exactly a fiery condemnation of the IJN there. Maybe you should have used their brutality towards their own sailors as a second example instead, since that's genuinely unique.

Effectronica fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 8, 2015

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I want to be the new adtrw mod so I can usher in a new wave of terror when I ban and probate literally everyone posting in a thread other than a Jojo thread

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

mr. stefan posted:

I want to be the new adtrw mod so I can usher in a new wave of terror when I ban and probate literally everyone posting in a thread other than a Jojo thread

Including the LOTGH thread?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
The Kantai Collection thread will be back.

I guarantee it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

BTW apparently Scarlett Johansson will be playing the MC in a predictably lovely Ghost in the Shell live adaptation.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

BTW apparently Scarlett Johansson will be playing the MC in a predictably lovely Ghost in the Shell live adaptation.
get steven seagal to play batou so the circle can be complete

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Kancolle may be dreck, but I don't think that's a reason to make its anime thread Kill-On-Sight. It's not offensive, it's just dumb. Let it die when people realize there's nothing to talk about.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

hosed up how that KanColle thread got gassed but the lesbian rape bear anime thread is standing strong, in my opinion.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

HellCopter posted:

Kancolle may be dreck, but I don't think that's a reason to make its anime thread Kill-On-Sight. It's not offensive, it's just dumb. Let it die when people realize there's nothing to talk about.

zorak's last action was a post in the mod forum saying "never allow the kancolle thread"

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Grouchio posted:

You missed the last thread about this, didn't you

HellCopter posted:

You missed the last thread about this, didn't you

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AnacondaHL seriousposting in a modlike way.

Is he the chosen one???

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Is it DRRR time yet?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Namtab posted:

AnacondaHL seriousposting in a modlike way.

Is he the chosen one???

I- I'm that unfunny? :smith:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

nuru posted:

Is it DRRR time yet?

It's always DRRR time

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

hosed up how that KanColle thread got gassed but the lesbian rape bear anime thread is standing strong, in my opinion.

That's because the lesbian rape bear anime is ART.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Hey all, is there a ship tiddie thread yet? First ep of KanColle was pretty good and I'm interested in the opinions of others.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Kancolle, Kadokawa betting huge with the budget? Because that was surprisingly well-done, I expected something at the level of the official manga.

Meanwhile, Shinmai Mao Testament etc in measures of trainwrecks is a train of kittens and puppies crashing into a train loaded with chemicals and you're in a protective bubble at the center of the twisted and mangled carriages cages and corpses watching every living thing come to an end slowly and painfully.

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog
i just started watching kancolle. so far i'm rooting for the abyssals who look cooler than the shipgirls.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Jesus Christ.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

xylo is going to kill us all

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Jesus Christ.

There's an anime about that.

It's quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Endorph posted:

xylo is going to kill us all

• Locked thread