Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Chomp8645 posted:

I'll check to make sure I'm not doing something full retard but at present I can't drop the sign, can't use orbs, and I never see a summon sign ever even if I'm embered up. I am online though, as bloodstains, messages, and ghosts are still everywhere. When I cure my hollowing it all seems to open back up.

I guess it's possible this is something changed in a patch I haven't played the game in like a month and a half

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Maybe an obvious question, but you aren't modding/cheating or anything? Under some kind of softban?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Captain Yossarian posted:

Maybe an obvious question, but you aren't modding/cheating or anything? Under some kind of softban?

No absolutely nothing like that. Playing on console. And I like I said everything works if I de-hollow myself, or at least that's what I'm perceiving. I'll do some experimenting later to make sure I'm not being colossally retarded and attributing some outside factor to the human/hollow process.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 22, 2016

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Odd. I just did some PVP last night and I'm at max hollowing

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is why pontiff is a billion times harder if you aren't parrying.

I think I got him on the 3rd or 4th try just by going light in armor and using a decent 2 hander. It took awhile though I got uner half health. But when I went back in NG+ with a parry shield, it went so much quicker. Parrying is easily the single best skill to sit down and force yourself to learn in the game

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Captain Yossarian posted:

Odd. I just did some PVP last night and I'm at max hollowing

Are there any other known factors that prevent you from engaging online interaction? If there are then I don't know them so I could be misinterpreting what's happening.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Booblord Zagats posted:

I think I got him on the 3rd or 4th try just by going light in armor and using a decent 2 hander. It took awhile though I got uner half health. But when I went back in NG+ with a parry shield, it went so much quicker. Parrying is easily the single best skill to sit down and force yourself to learn in the game

Can you really call "memorization enemy animation timing" a skill?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

Can you really call "memorization enemy animation timing" a skill?

In terms of the game? yeah. In terms of getting a job, impressing your peers or having an ability that means something in the world at large? no

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Booblord Zagats posted:

you feel like you leveled up irl when you kill champion gundyr without getting hit by parrying him.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I wish I could play ds3. Isn't there something wrong with it that'll make me feel better?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
No, it's really good

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Groovelord Neato posted:

you feel like you leveled up irl when you kill champion gundyr without getting hit by parrying him.

Oh so the Iudex has a big bro?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah one of the three secret bosses.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

you can't access any of them unless you find the coconut.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i just beat the Ancient Wyvern after doing a plunging attack on the scruff of his neck and falling to my death

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah one of the three secret bosses.

I had a harder time with Champ the first time than I did with Nameless

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Kill the monster that is a little taller than you by stunlocking him or parrying him

Kill the monster that is a lot taller than you by running behind him and stabbing him up his rear end hole

You can tell how dangerous a big monster is by how quickly he can turn around

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Champ Gundy doesn't have to turn around he horse kicks you if you get behind him lol

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I been killed by that fucken horse in the hippodrome in D2 trying to get chloranthy 2 on an underleveled character way to fucken much by his bullshit one hit backkick

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
anyone of you nerd want to help me kick the poo poo out of Anor Lando?

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

What level are you?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Darklurker still hardeest boss, I spent liek only an hour on Nameless King Goku Pants

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Playing Demon's Souls again and seriously like nine-tenths of the challenge of this series would be gone if you could just move while healing

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN-wFM4zCbA

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
The art in Bloodborne is so awesome. There are some really amazing environments in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

On paper Bloodborne should be a disaster (victorian gothic vampire werewolf Lovecraft chtulu whatever) but goddamn, it somehow manages to be the cooolest looking game ever. Bloodborne so good.

• Locked thread