Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Knifegrab posted:

They nerfed magnum ammo :qq:

I guess they really do want to make snipers worthless in this game.

Yeah, all they have is the Scout Elite which has PDW highfire, super high velocity and the fastest rate of fire of a bolt action in any BF game. Snipers gonna be so trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

SwitchbladeKult posted:

How good is the G36C? I never got to try it during the beta. My two favorite guns from the beta, the M416 and the AKM, are now criminal only and that is kind of a bummer. I guess I'll be playing criminal for a while until I get those weapon licenses. :jihad:

G36c was the worst Operator weapon to me, by far in fact. SG553 felt far better, and the AKS-74u even more so.

They should've definitely brought in a G36k or the G36e as a burst-only rifle a la BF2 (both of them wrecked faces pretty well in BF2) instead of reusing the G36c.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 12, 2015

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

My question is what police force uses the Swedish K? That seems like it would make more sense as a criminal weapon.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

various cheeses posted:

My question is what police force uses the Swedish K? That seems like it would make more sense as a criminal weapon.

None, they moved it for balance purposes because all of the Criminal Engineer weapons were garbage except the P90 so they gave it one slightly less useless PDW (the UMP-45) in a trade with the Swedish K. Didn't really do anything, because only the P90, K10, and MPX are really worth using.

It is, however, pretty neat to hear that they made it so you can get the full stock and full barrel on the double-barrel shotgun.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
So which is it? Is the G36C good or bad? Dammit Goons! I need to know how to most optimally spend my Halo dollars! :argh:

Also, I know we have established the CUM Police but what are the criminals called? The CUM Pack?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i like the g36 but like, playstyles differ

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

The Good Guys having the UMP makes no sense because the UMP is pretty much like the signature SMG of cops in real life so it's weird for them not to have it. And yeah, I can't find anything about any US law enforcement agency using the Carl Gustav. Popular with Egyptian cops though!

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The Good Guys having the UMP makes no sense because the UMP is pretty much like the signature SMG of cops in real life so it's weird for them not to have it.

I'm guessing you meant that the Cops should have the UMP? Yeah, probably, but they should also probably have the P90 to be fair, but then the Criminals would be stuck with all lovely Engineer weapons until you got 1250 loving kills with your decent PDW of choice.

Edit: I really want an MP5A3/4/5, it's like the forgotten SMG of this era, everybody throws in an MP5k and forgets all about the classic.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you can now access the hardline battlelog

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!
I sperged out again.... I got drunk last night and returned my digital deluxe battlefield hardline and then purchased the digital Ultimate Hardline Edition....

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

shankerz posted:

I sperged out again.... I got drunk last night and returned my digital deluxe battlefield hardline and then purchased the digital Ultimate Hardline Edition....

Premium only loses value the longer you wait, I guess, so if you're going to buy it you might as well do it now.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I preordered this game just now and will preload prior to release because it's been way too drat long since I gamed with goons. I remember we all had fun with BC2 back in the day (yes, it's been that long). Now I just need to get a gaming headset (yay for payday tomorrow).

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

shankerz posted:

Welcum to the club bro

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
How did I become retarded when playing this type of game on a console? I can't aim for poo poo.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

suddenlyissoon posted:

How did I become retarded when playing this type of game on a console? I can't aim for poo poo.

Might have something to do with consoles being retarded and playing on one is retarding you.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

suddenlyissoon posted:

This is not a console game. Every time I see console footage of any BF game my first thought is "oh this is what it would be like if fat 10-year-olds went to battle"

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

PRE-LOAD!!! Ugh.. 60 gig download this afternoon...this is gonna suck.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
60 gigs

:yikes:

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Wait, mine said 30GB

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CopnypCFIo

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Giant Bomb Quick Look is up, btw, if you care:

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-battlefield-hardline/2300-10017/

They seem generally unimpressed by the campaign. IDK, it looks marginally more interesting than your average AAA multiplayer shooter campaign. More stealthy. Bad acting. Stylish and dark.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Drivable couch, GOTY 2015.

Edit: Also, from the console peasant gameplay I've seen, the ACWR (that is given to either all pre-orders or all purchases, guess we dunno yet) looks like a really good weapon, people will probably not even be using the R0993 at the start of the game because they will all the the ACWR which looks to be a good bit better. Fire rate seems to be lower than its BF4 counterpart, though.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 13, 2015

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

quadrophrenic posted:

They seem generally unimpressed by the campaign. IDK, it looks marginally more interesting than your average AAA multiplayer shooter campaign. More stealthy. Bad acting. Stylish and dark.

Who expects any battlefield game to have a decent campaign ?

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

quadrophrenic posted:

Why are we still paying these clowns to play movie directors in 2015

Just sell me the multiplayer game and keep your bloated hollywood-derived weak rear end campaign to yourself.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
their overlords demand a single player campaign

if Call of Duty has a campaign, you can bet your rear end Battlefield is gonna have one

It isn't about being a CoD killer, but I know they feel like they at least have to have a showing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:siren: precision battlepack has circuit board camo :siren:

i may now continue on just as I did in planetside 2 with the best camo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also rattlesnake

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

drivable couch is possibly maybe worth 60 bones

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Icept posted:

Why are we still paying these clowns to play movie directors in 2015

Just sell me the multiplayer game and keep your bloated hollywood-derived weak rear end campaign to yourself.

If they kept the tone of the Bad Company campaigns (maybe moreso the first one) they could at least differentiate themselves better. But noooooo, CoD takes itself very seriously so they must do so as well.

At least it manages to sneak into the multiplayer in the form of Megalodon and the alternate reload animations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKEZn9hLMiI

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Battlefield Hardline: Hold X to Enter the American Dream

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the gbs cop killing thread would probably love this game because they could kill cops and never leave the couch

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
quad post

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
If you ordered from gmg you should have gotten your key.

We've only seen 40 minutes of the campaign so I'm still holding out some hope that it gets Real Dumb. Can't be worse than BF4 campaign.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it has mocap Benito Martinez

no way its not going to be stupid and maybe pretty stupid in a good way

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Eonwe posted:

it has mocap Benito Martinez

no way its not going to be stupid and maybe pretty stupid in a good way

I just want speed or bad boys the game okay??

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
do a mashup of need for speed with battlefield

it would own

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Eonwe posted:

do a mashup of need for speed with battlefield

it would own

See: Hotwire

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Amazon still hasn't given me my key. This is horseshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dvsilverwing posted:

See: Hotwire

im talking about for a single player campaign

also like a car crash game mode

• Locked thread