Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
It's not directly speedrun related but has anybody else been watching streams of I wanna kill Kamilia 3? This poo poo looks stupid difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I downloaded K3 and died 600 times on the first screen then quit. The last jump on that screen appears to be pixel perfect and you have to get to it first which isn't easy.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Nativity In Black posted:

It's not directly speedrun related but has anybody else been watching streams of I wanna kill Kamilia 3? This poo poo looks stupid difficult.

I've been watching Denferok (Kamilia 2/Boshy/possibly other fangame player) and Shadowlink (plays a ton of fangames) trudge through it and holy poo poo does it look difficult in all the worst ways.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best
Hottest runner at AGDQ revealed

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

CVagts posted:

I've been watching Denferok (Kamilia 2/Boshy/possibly other fangame player) and Shadowlink (plays a ton of fangames) trudge through it and holy poo poo does it look difficult in all the worst ways.

I've been switching around channels on The Wannabes page favoring Den, Shadow, and CosmicSense (who has the second best Boshy time) and I can't imagine normal people playing this game. When it takes people who play fangames constantly 8-16 hrs to beat the second boss you know it's ridiculous.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Isn't that that thing that AVGN reviewed once and determined was irredeemable poo poo? :allears:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

AnonSpore posted:

Isn't that that thing that AVGN reviewed once and determined was irredeemable poo poo? :allears:

Ahhahahahhahh dipshit, that's a ROB - the device that SAVED CONSOLE GAMING - holding a robot designed to feed NES and SNES hardware TAS inputs.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

Yes, except it's been granted a new, nobler purpose: Playing TASes on real hardware using that Raspberry Pi it's gripping.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

AnonSpore posted:

Isn't that that thing

It has happened. I am now officially an old.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

No it's Pat the NES Punk's sidekick.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

King of Solomon posted:

HE ACTUALLY FINISHED. He beat Yotta blindfolded. Goddamn, Marksel is good at Dustforce.

What in the gently caress.

AnonSpore posted:

Isn't that that thing

What in the gently caress.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Does the ROB itself do anything or is it only a holder for the Pi + cables?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hey there SpeedRunsLive runner. I can't sleep and want to watch your speedrun, even if you sound kind of nasally. But that's not why I closed the stream and felt ill. I did that because you kept wetly, loudly, gaspingly breathing directly into your microphone, triggering some weird nausea reflex in me. Please God stop doing that, I want to see your speedrun but can't. Sincerely, August.

Otherwise, I can't wait for AGDQ 2014. Hopefully I can catch most of it live.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Nativity In Black posted:

I've been switching around channels on The Wannabes page favoring Den, Shadow, and CosmicSense (who has the second best Boshy time) and I can't imagine normal people playing this game. When it takes people who play fangames constantly 8-16 hrs to beat the second boss you know it's ridiculous.

I put Den's blind run stage 1 on in the background while I was doing stuff and kinda back-and-forth watching it and yea, you definitely have to be a certain type of person to play fangames.

Also somewhere in there he says that Love Trap's final boss is literally impossible for a human and that some guy has put 400+ hours in on it and not even gotten to the hard part :staredog:

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

...I don't think he knows what TL:DR means.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Pneub posted:

...I don't think he knows what TL:DR means.

I think he just put the truncated version of it at the top of his post rather than at the bottom like everyone's used to when they use that term.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

I put Den's blind run stage 1 on in the background while I was doing stuff and kinda back-and-forth watching it and yea, you definitely have to be a certain type of person to play fangames.

Also somewhere in there he says that Love Trap's final boss is literally impossible for a human and that some guy has put 400+ hours in on it and not even gotten to the hard part :staredog:

On the upside if you don't ever want to spend money again but feel the need to play video games I have a hobby with a nearly limitless supply of enraging "entertainment" for you.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.twitch.tv/iateyourpie

Pie in a 6 man Toy Story for the Genesis race.

He seems to have game overed a bunch of times.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Alteisen posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/iateyourpie

Pie in a 6 man Toy Story for the Genesis race.

He seems to have game overed a bunch of times.

How is Pie so completely goddamn awful at every game he doesn't run :psyduck:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
To be fair Toy Story is pretty poo poo.

And hard as gently caress to.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

Ahhahahahhahh dipshit, that's a ROB - the device that SAVED CONSOLE GAMING - holding a robot designed to feed NES and SNES hardware TAS inputs.

drat think you're being harsh at all?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Alteisen posted:

I'm certain if the goal of the game was to breathe he'd find a way to magically suffocate and explode.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

fleshweasel posted:

drat think you're being harsh at all?

He's the dude who argued for pages about emulators not being emulators and he uses caps lock for emphasis, just ignore him.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Alteisen posted:

But I mean, he can pull off 100 super jumps in Mario RPG no problem, then he plays Mario 3 and does about as good as I did as an 8 year old.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

AnonSpore posted:

He's the dude who argued for pages about emulators not being emulators and he uses caps lock for emphasis, just ignore him.

This is one case where he's right though.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
The Soul Blazer / Illusion of Gaia / Terranigma relay started, I hope you are watching!

http://www.twitch.tv/puwexil

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green
In about 30 minutes (noon EST) Indextic will be restreaming a small-ish 100% MM+OOT race here

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Man I loved Soul Blazer. It was probably my fav SNES game back in the day, I still have the cartridge. It took me hours to make progress and this guy finished it in 2 hours. Ugh.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
What run of Dark Souls is the current world record and does anyone have a link to it?

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

kaujot posted:

What run of Dark Souls is the current world record and does anyone have a link to it?

Santzo has both All Bosses and Any% WR right now, and you can find them as highlights on his twitch channel

vv It's a new route which relies on a Black Knight Greatsword drop and an Estoc moveswap to double-hit and poise break bosses. It also uses Black Firebombs to kill Ingward and skip Bed of Chaos.

Gamma Nerd fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 29, 2013

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Speaking of Dark Souls, what does "Optimelle" mean?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Garfu posted:

Man I loved Soul Blazer. It was probably my fav SNES game back in the day, I still have the cartridge. It took me hours to make progress and this guy finished it in 2 hours. Ugh.

This is how I feel about Lagoon. I could never get past the snow boss and then I watched PJ do the whole thing in under 2 hours. After watching the rest of the game though, there's no way I could've beat it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Ramadu posted:

Speaking of Dark Souls, what does "Optimelle" mean?

Optimal Melee? I have no idea but that's what it sounds like.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Gamma Nerd posted:

Santzo has both All Bosses and Any% WR right now, and you can find them as highlights on his twitch channel

vv It's a new route which relies on a Black Knight Greatsword drop and an Estoc moveswap to double-hit and poise break bosses. It also uses Black Firebombs to kill Ingward and skip Bed of Chaos.
It's a black knight halberd - not sword, and he uses normal firebombs to kill Ingward both of which aren't new tricks nor routes. The estoc moveswap is just minor boss optimisation at this point - it's also conveniently on the way to the red tearstone ring which was part of the route anyway. He doesn't skip Bed of Chaos so much as use a better boss fight technique involving black firebombs. If I sound annoyed its due to the guy calling people trying to hand him usable information trolls. I can't wait until the Japanese runners reappear when Dark Souls 2 comes out. :colbert:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I believe the Bed of Chaos optimization was the most recent breakthrough (Or at least I think so?). It's really crazy how optimized that game is now and how hard it is to complete a run.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Genius. Run up to around the base of the tree, throw a bomb each to hit the roots and then get in, smash the critter and done.

Getting the BKH drop is the hardest.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

It's a black knight halberd - not sword

Nope. The weapon he's using to kill the bosses in the current WR video looks like a greatsword to me :colbert:

I sound like an insufferable autist by making this distinction but hey.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Gamma Nerd posted:

Nope. The weapon he's using to kill the bosses in the current WR video looks like a greatsword to me :colbert:

I sound like an insufferable autist by making this distinction but hey.
Oh you were talking All Bosses there, I thought you meant the any% one.

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
Dark Souls all bosses routes are notable for their stupid nicknames - see also Blacklemage, Crapplemage and Pretty Princess. Crapplemage is especially notable because for a while it was the fastest route and it didn't rely on a random drop, but then Optimelle came along and ruined it.

BTW this is the Dark Souls version of deertier: http://www.speedruncharts.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/1tvq75/i_very_recently_got_a_new_wr_in_links_awakening_dx/

There's a new LA:DX world record, if anyone's interested in that game. There hasn't really been any competition in the game for a long time, and it's an interesting run + Leon's a pretty cool guy. Worth a watch, for sure.

• Locked thread