Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Jp's patch doesn't normally take seven hours right? Hello stones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

opaopa13 posted:

...rewarding the dolphins....

Dolphins. I love it :v:
Like when I was calling myself a weekend warrior with the drugs [weekends lasting about 6.5 days by the end] OK, 7 days

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Yermaw Zahoor posted:

Dolphins. I love it :v:
Like when I was calling myself a weekend warrior with the drugs [weekends lasting about 6.5 days by the end] OK, 7 days

I freebased magic stones for a short time, but after a bad experience I've limited myself to just the occasional snort.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Well gently caress I am so glad I spent all those stones on super gold's to level up apollo two days ago

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Munkaboo posted:

Well gently caress I am so glad I spent all those stones on super gold's to level up apollo two days ago

Definitely wish I'd known about the evo mat skills coming before I fed away all my Extreme Kings yesterday :v:

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Munkaboo posted:

Ouch. This is why I held off leveling Ares. I'm not using him now, and I knew skill up materials were coming eventually. Good news with Apollo is that Grimoires and Hera Sowilo both drop evolved Cyclopes. Now get ready to skill up all your Greeks just in time for their awoken evos to be announced.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Munkaboo posted:

Yeah I just did the same for mine, AND threw away 15 extra cyclops I had left over from skilling him up.

:negative:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

opaopa13 posted:

Not many people have to, if the ones who DO outspend what the rest would have. You've seen the monster boxes with too many +297 ROdin to fit on one screen -- these people exist. But absolutely agreed the way things have turned out is better -- the incentive to run descendeds you might otherwise just write-off (screw you, Zeus-Vulcan), to figure out where and when to farm for Spirit Jewels, etc., while still rewarding the dolphins who happen to have duplicates by letting them have both a normal Ultimate as well as the Awoken form; there's no chance in hell I'm going to awaken my max-skill Anubis when I have a spare in my box.

During PAD's first year, after people got banned for leveling up alts to 20 to exchange presents, GungHo decided to have the first of those godfests where every pull gave you a +egg. JP Whales were more than happy to spend $5 dollars per + to +297 multiple monsters.

Never underestimate the power of whales.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I keep having a issue where the game will force close itself when in the middle of a dungeon and then when I open the game it goes the the title screen wasting the energy consumed to start the dungeon. Then it tells me that I've unlocked coin dungeons, 7th team slot, second friend helpers etc. The first time it happened was when I was at Hera on my first Descended after chipping away at it off and on at work for 5 hours :suicide:

Any advice on how to fix this?

Andante
Jul 3, 2008
Finally finished the Hera challenge! This is the first time I've finished every single level in a challenge dungeon. The team I used to take down the final Hera rush was:
Ronia (Hypermax) // Ronia (Max skill, +0), Haku (Hypermax), LuBu (Hypermax), Hades (Max skill, +165) // Beelzebub (Hypermax)

Considering the number of pluses and skill levels, I think it probably speaks to my lack of puzzling ability that it took me this long. But I got there!

barge
Jun 12, 2006

Qylvaran posted:

Ouch. This is why I held off leveling Ares. I'm not using him now, and I knew skill up materials were coming eventually. Good news with Apollo is that Grimoires and Hera Sowilo both drop evolved Cyclopes. Now get ready to skill up all your Greeks just in time for their awoken evos to be announced.
what are you guys talking about?

Apze
Jul 4, 2014

barge posted:

what are you guys talking about?

Super king dragons will skill up their correspondingly colored Greek 2.0 (Ares, etc) soonish.

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

Apze posted:

Super king dragons will skill up their correspondingly colored Greek 2.0 (Ares, etc) soonish.

Here's a full list:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=244

Pengdra get Guard Stance (toy dragons, Parvati), Kings get Dragon Strike Stance (the Dragon Knight series), Super Kings get Double Attack Stance (Greek 2.0). Mystic Masks get Solar Laser (Ra), Rainbow Keepers get Armor Break (Light/Dark Golem), Dubmythlits get Evil Nova (Bad Luci).

Izanagi, you're great, but the thought of feeding you five ExFat dragons for a rather good chance at a skill-up is painful. Not going to happen.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Well gee, I'm sure glad I ran the last Batman collab 3000 times to stock up on the 90 Grundys it too me to max my Hermes, it was way more fun to do that (and collect the Evo mats to get Grundy to his second form) than to just grab a bunch of Kings that would've also been useful for leveling Hermes.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Inverse posted:

Jp's patch doesn't normally take seven hours right? Hello stones.

Not normally, but the length of time was announced in advance so no stones probably.

barge
Jun 12, 2006

Oh that's pretty cool, I can finally get rid of the 20 unevolved grundys that have been sitting in my box since the batman collab first came around. It's still going to be pretty spendy to max skill any one of those though isnt it

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dragon enthusiast posted:

Not normally, but the length of time was announced in advance so no stones probably.

They are taking longer than expected so they'll probably throw the customary 1-2 stones at us.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Yay for skilling up artemis!

Now they need to change the evo mat skills back. I want to ult my Ronia =/

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Ironsolid posted:

Gimme some more time to skill up my Urd, come on. :(

Shevmo
Jan 19, 2015
Oof. Looks like JP updated the client. Time to wait for someone to upload the new one. Probably won't take long.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
JP is "up" but I wasn't able to connect at all for a few minutes and trying to launch a dungeon took like 30 seconds.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
JP is up, I am trying to collect a few extra stones before the FF collab starts. But, quite frankly, the mons are kinda underwhelming (compared to the absolute OP BS we have been getting lately).

Still, there is a good chance that Cloud and his boyfriend will get some DBZ-style further evolutions when this thing inevitability comes back with new gold monsters from FFIV or whatever.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

opaopa13 posted:

Here's a full list:

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=244

Pengdra get Guard Stance (toy dragons, Parvati), Kings get Dragon Strike Stance (the Dragon Knight series), Super Kings get Double Attack Stance (Greek 2.0). Mystic Masks get Solar Laser (Ra), Rainbow Keepers get Armor Break (Light/Dark Golem), Dubmythlits get Evil Nova (Bad Luci).

Izanagi, you're great, but the thought of feeding you five ExFat dragons for a rather good chance at a skill-up is painful. Not going to happen.

Oh thank loving christ

Goodbye, wicked ladies

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't know who to +297 next. I got LuBu Hypermax, and I recently got a Ronia. She's already often overkill on LuBus team, though I guess some harder stuff is doable with your own ronia on deck. I thought about L Kali, since she could potentially be on a few leads if I ever get them. She's great and all but it's a toss up if she's useful or worthwhile in things. I've got a superb Urd team, so maybe on Kagu it'd be nice. Then again I'm also just a shitload of tamadra from a really great verdandi team, so Lui Bei might be smart too. I'm also looking to get on the Awoken Parvati train. Maybe I should just add up all my potential teams and throw em on whoever pops up most.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Been running Grimoires all day in an effort to remain 6 months ahead of NA releases, and my skill bind immune Bastet team is showing a 100% success rate with all three bosses. I need two more jewels to have enough for Susano, Parvati, Bastet, and Genbu (Susano's a recent addition to that list, since it would be nice to have him as an attacker in my new GZL's team). No Grimoire skill ups yet, but I'm in no hurry. Also, the fairies from round 3 are an extremely rare drop, it seems.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Ironsolid posted:

Yeah just do it now. I waited like that once and got the predictable no skill ups. If you could use her now, just go for it. Hell, you'll get a skill-up now just because gently caress you that's why.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I forgot Siegfried takes 1.6 MILLION XP to level up. loving heartbreakers. Oh well, took advantage of Super Sapphires and leveled up Sieg, Noah, and even Zeus. Missing the Super Metal Dragons for Zeus but Noah and Sieg are not ready for Lakshmi. Next Super Emeralds I catch I'll do the same with CuChu and Parvati. I'll probably skip this next goofiest entirely to keep stoning for stamina since we have overflow now.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I forgot Siegfried takes 1.6 MILLION XP to level up. loving heartbreakers. Oh well, took advantage of Super Sapphires and leveled up Sieg, Noah, and even Zeus. Missing the Super Metal Dragons for Zeus but Noah and Sieg are not ready for Lakshmi. Next Super Emeralds I catch I'll do the same with CuChu and Parvati. I'll probably skip this next goofiest entirely to keep stoning for stamina since we have overflow now.

A max level Awoken Parvati requires the most xp of any monster in the game, I'm fairly certain. Cu Chu and Cauchemar both need 1.6m to hit level 70 and evolve.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Welp, after a bunch of tries, I think my non-max-level (except for Ronia) Ronia/db vamp/evo mini lubu/evo sleeping beauty/evo red chester/HypermaxRonia or Beelz team just isn't gonna beat Grimoires, stone or no stone. If I can barely make it to the blue chick, and only have a vague shot of beating Michael, and basically just want the green orb because gently caress it I want to actually use the athena I just got, it's just not gonna happen.

Hoping I can beat satan for some light orbs. Sigh. Just feels like progression in this game is gated by either whaling or getting lucky at the REM, neither of which I've done.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

silvergoose posted:

Hoping I can beat satan for some light orbs. Sigh. Just feels like progression in this game is gated by either whaling or getting lucky at the REM, neither of which I've done.

Grimoires Descended is one of the harder dungeons, and your team isn't even max level. You have a Ronia, so most of the game will be open to you soon enough.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I could probably beat the grimoire descend but I'm too stingy with skills and refuse to drop a gravity on michael out of principle. :argh:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Qylvaran posted:

Grimoires Descended is one of the harder dungeons, and your team isn't even max level. You have a Ronia, so most of the game will be open to you soon enough.

That's good to know... there's no real way to tell what's easy at a glance. Does being max level add that much? For, say, the subs I mentioned or replace chester with echidna, say. Some HP, some attack, but not that high a percentage, I'd think, they're mostly in their 70s.

Really, just want to make sure that when you say most of the game, you mean descends will start being doable beyond the very, very occasional one.

Waldean
Apr 27, 2005

Qylvaran posted:

A max level Awoken Parvati requires the most xp of any monster in the game, I'm fairly certain. Cu Chu and Cauchemar both need 1.6m to hit level 70 and evolve.

Sonia Gran has Parvati beat. 5x Dragons to evolve, mats to evolve them, and on a 6m exp curve.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

silvergoose posted:

That's good to know... there's no real way to tell what's easy at a glance. Does being max level add that much? For, say, the subs I mentioned or replace chester with echidna, say. Some HP, some attack, but not that high a percentage, I'd think, they're mostly in their 70s.

Really, just want to make sure that when you say most of the game, you mean descends will start being doable beyond the very, very occasional one.

I have no Ronia, and I haven't really leveled my Beelzebub yet, so I'm no good for Ronia advice, but things definitely get easier once you max out a team, and Ronia can go a long way on farmable subs.

Plus, if you wait for some easier dungeons or pal luck, Athena is a great way to take out stuff you can't with Ronia.

Re: Sonia Gran. You're right, I'd forgotten her.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Qylvaran posted:

I have no Ronia, and I haven't really leveled my Beelzebub yet, so I'm no good for Ronia advice, but things definitely get easier once you max out a team, and Ronia can go a long way on farmable subs.

Plus, if you wait for some easier dungeons or pal luck, Athena is a great way to take out stuff you can't with Ronia.

Re: Sonia Gran. You're right, I'd forgotten her.

Guess it's the long haul for me, but I do like me a grind, so I guess that's okay. Just having box envy I think.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
JP News:

Just-enabled F / D Cao Cao's leader skill: 0x ATK when using an active skill :lol:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mezzanine posted:

JP News:

Just-enabled F / D Cao Cao's leader skill: 0x ATK when using an active skill :lol:

We're back into maintenance. Hello stones!

Meh, I don't have the mask to ult. evolve durga. It'll be great having her covering blue in dungeons without binds.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Verdandi is love, Verdandi is life.

Cleared Grimoires Legend twice on by hobo Verd team, got blue (stashed away for later) and green (going to enhance every orb on the screen for that burst). Stoned once on the green run because devils are jerks with their fire binds.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
On the US version I had my Horus teamed up with Isis all day every day. The friends would be different, but it was usually Isis.

Because of Chiko and his beautiful Goku on JP I have a shortage of PAL points. But I don't mind. Because Goku is amazing.

But it also means I won't get those drat Angelits for Horus until I can actually beat the dungeon.

cryptoclastic fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Apr 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

Khanstant posted:

Yeah just do it now. I waited like that once and got the predictable no skill ups. If you could use her now, just go for it. Hell, you'll get a skill-up now just because gently caress you that's why.

I have eight fruits waiting. That's bound to give me no skillups like whoa!

• Locked thread