Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KOMI posted:

Haven't played the Beta yet and I didn't have much luck on google, but any chance of my PS3 dongled THQ fightpad working with this? Otherwise I'll have to look at getting the new PS4 fightpads but the D pad on those looks iffy to me.

it will work on pc but not ps4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The madcatz fight pads are a big step up from Xbox that's for sure, but they're pretty mushy and weird.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Gutcruncher posted:

The madcatz fight pads are a big step up from Xbox that's for sure, but they're pretty mushy and weird.
I have one of these and they feel absolutely nothing like the saturn pads they are trying to emulate. completely awful comparatively.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hori all the way for cheap pads

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Real hurthling! posted:

hori all the way for cheap pads

seriously the fc4 is a good pad at a decent price

KOMI
Sep 21, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Looks pretty nice, at least the D-pad looks a bit better than the madcatz PS4 fightpad.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Is it made for baby hands like the FC3?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Joe Man posted:

Is it made for baby hands like the FC3?

its not huge for banana fingered people no

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

KOMI posted:

Looks pretty nice, at least the D-pad looks a bit better than the madcatz PS4 fightpad.

yeah it is

its really nice and i find myself playing with it more often so i dont have to lug my te2 off the shelf

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I'm really salty that I have to shell out $200 for a PS4 stick. I was such a piece of poo poo in the beta trying to do ANYTHING with a pad.

I mean I can't really fault Mad Catz and Capcom from a business standpoint, but I miss the halcyon days of TEs when I was able to get two TEs for $150.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

cloofish posted:

I'm really salty that I have to shell out $200 for a PS4 stick. I was such a piece of poo poo in the beta trying to do ANYTHING with a pad.

I mean I can't really fault Mad Catz and Capcom from a business standpoint, but I miss the halcyon days of TEs when I was able to get two TEs for $150.

You could just get a new PCB, providing you already have a stick. Probably be a hell of a lot cheaper than $200.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Sarchasm posted:

You could just get a new PCB, providing you already have a stick. Probably be a hell of a lot cheaper than $200.

Yeah but apparently any new PCB on the market has a timeout every 8 minutes so I'm probably better selling my old TE and buying a PS3/PS4 compatible one. Unless there's some super-secret PCB I'm missing?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

cloofish posted:

Yeah but apparently any new PCB on the market has a timeout every 8 minutes so I'm probably better selling my old TE and buying a PS3/PS4 compatible one. Unless there's some super-secret PCB I'm missing?

There's been some PCB chat in the general fighting game thread lately. Someone there mentioned a Brook PCB that's PS3/PS4/PC compatible and doesn't have the 8-minute timeout. And according to a post on SRK's Tech Talk, a solderless version of that board goes on sale tomorrow at Paradise Arcade Shop. I plan on grabbing one ASAP since I'll be playing mostly on PC but my locals will be running on PS4.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

nah really its just the ps360+, which the dude was supposedly working on (probably as a board attachment) but i havent been on SRK tech talk in months to see if there's any updates

you can reset the board by pressing MP+MK+Start, then the PS button to reattach at least. Takes like 4 seconds. i have a se stick that i threw it into and it works ok

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

http://www.focusattack.com/brook-ps3-ps4-fight-board-pcba/

No timeout. Hori FC4's are also easy to padhack. Brook also makes USB converters. There's plenty of old thing -> PS4 options out there now.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Mattavist posted:

http://www.focusattack.com/brook-ps3-ps4-fight-board-pcba/

No timeout. Hori FC4's are also easy to padhack. Brook also makes USB converters. There's plenty of old thing -> PS4 options out there now.

Awesome, thanks! You just saved me $160!

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

cloofish posted:

Awesome, thanks! You just saved me $160!

This is the board I was talking about. The solderless version should be up for purchase today.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

nah really its just the ps360+, which the dude was supposedly working on (probably as a board attachment) but i havent been on SRK tech talk in months to see if there's any updates

it's been a year since their last status update

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

There is a downside to the brook boards. They're not a licensed product, so they tend to break after ps4 system updates and need to have their firmware updated to get around the 8 minute timeout. They've been really fast about getting updates out, but who knows what the future holds?

I'm still getting one, but my main stick has an FC4 pad in it.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Sarchasm posted:

This is the board I was talking about. The solderless version should be up for purchase today.

Gonna check Paradise Arcade Shop later today then, solderless is pretty :krad: because even though I've had my stick for over 4 years now and my 360 sticks for even longer, I've never tried modding them. With how much cash you can save though, there's definitely incentive to learn how! Thanks for all your advice Sarchasm, I'm feeling significantly less salty now. :)

But yeah, really hoping they stay on top of updates.

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 13, 2016

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
modding with solderless boards is piss easy. some sticks, like the Fightstick Pro don't have a good place to mount them so you've got to make some pilot holes and that's as difficult as it gets.

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

I'm using a ridiculous setup with a CronusMax converter, a USB hub and plugging a PS4 controller and a PS3 stick into specific slots on the hub. It took some fiddling, but it works great now, no time outs.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Does anyone know what this 3 Gig SFV beta update is all about? I just got home and turned on my PS4 and it's updating...

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
They're adding good normals for all the cast.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Weird to even update the beta at all, maybe they'll make it a demo so you won't cancel your pre-order.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
But yeah as I said before they did technically have time to squeeze one more beta in, lets see what happens

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nice

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sotogrande posted:

I'm using a ridiculous setup with a CronusMax converter, a USB hub and plugging a PS4 controller and a PS3 stick into specific slots on the hub. It took some fiddling, but it works great now, no time outs.

there's no way this isn't laggy as hell.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Is there a new beta test? Is it only for PS4?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Golem II posted:

Is there a new beta test? Is it only for PS4?

New patch for ps4 for beta but no dates given. No word on if pc gets one too

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

Real hurthling! posted:

New patch for ps4 for beta but no dates given. No word on if pc gets one too

Ah, I haven't had a chance to play yet and I've been watching videos online.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am looking for to the beta two weeks out from the game's release at which point it will be a 60 dollar beta

Unless you ordered it digitally then it was always a 60 dollar beta

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

This probably isn't a first, but it is the first I have seen anyway.

SF5 guide coming in a hardcover edition, pretty crazy. Near 500 pages and comes with a code to get an app that updates the frame data as the game goes on.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Nice. The Ultra guide was pretty awesome

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Nice. The Ultra guide was pretty awesome

the ultra guide was fantastic and hopefully they do more of that for SFV

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
How big is the font to squeeze 500 pages of info out of this game.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Hoping for a sequel to this vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ40YT4c5Ik

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Who's writing it?

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

Gutcruncher posted:

Who's writing it?

It's a Prima guide.

And it's $33 at Amazon currently as a pre-order promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

gently caress. on one hand its Prima, but on the other hand Joe Epstein is credited as the writer.

Didnt Prima buy Brady? Is there a chance that this will in reality just be a Brady guide with a Prima logo?

• Locked thread