Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol

I would highlight something but the entire article is hilarious

I do have some doubts about its accuracy because La Canfora seems to get Dolphins stuff wrong all the time, but this just seems so accurate.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24728031/divide-between-philbin-front-office-has-dolphins-on-path-for-more-turnover

quote:

A year ago, the alliance between powerful Miami Dolphins executive Dawn Aponte and coach Joe Philbin, and general manager Jeff Ireland's growing rift with Aponte, led to a front office overhaul. Now, according to several sources with knowledge of the situation, Aponte's fraying relationship with Philbin is at the core of the team's prevailing issues and leading to a sense that more change will be coming in 2015.

Philbin further angered upper management and alienated the locker room last week by failing to acknowledge recent first-round pick Ryan Tannehill remained his starting quarterback, despite Tannehill continuing to take the first-team snaps. That created an awkward climate as the team departed for London to face the Raiders with a 1-2 record.

Players are expressing significant concerns with Philbin, and his coordinators, behind the scenes, sources said, and Aponte's hiring of longtime confidant and former Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum as a consultant has also added to the tension-filled climate, as Tannenbaum's primary job is as an agent representing coaches, including Seattle defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, who interviewed for head coaching jobs last year and is likely to be a strong candidate again this season.

The environment in Miami has been toxic for years, which has been well documented and came to a head last season after starting tackle Jonathan Martin went AWOL and the team made international headlines with the Martin/Richie Incognito allegations and the forthcoming Wells Report by the NFL into the team's locker room, coaching staff and locker room culture and led to owner Stephen Ross forming a committee to try to clean up his organization. But sources said Ross remains largely an absentee owner, issues of daily control and structure remain a question and Aponte continues to wield heavy authority.

Tannehill was drafted to be the face of the franchise as it struggles to solve its stadium issues, and he's now caught in the cross-hairs of these macro issues, sources said. With former offensive coordinator Mike Sherman, Tannehill's college coach at Texas A&M, let go, Philbin has been increasingly intrigued by the prospect of veteran backup quarterback Matt Moore running his offense. The idea dates back to the end of last season, according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation, and, toying with the idea of playing Moore has only further added to the rift with the front office, who have sold Tannehill as the future of the franchise at a time when the Dolphins are struggling for their place in the local sporting economy.

Given the issues last week, following an uninspired loss at home to previously winless Kansas City, and the long-running climate of dysfunction under Ross's tenure, it's difficult to envision the Dolphins not dealing with these undercurrents for this season. Several league sources said that Ross is covertly working to be positioned to potentially trade for 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh – like Ross a prominent Michigan alumnus – at the season's end, with Philbin and first-year general manager Dennis Hickey in essence lame ducks.

the idea of trading for Harbaugh is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

nrr posted:

someone hosed up setting their half time alarm

nrr posted:

because, you see, they don't wake up and start playing until haaaahhhhhh forget it.

loving amazing.

Ehud posted:

the idea of trading for Harbaugh is hilarious

I think Harbaugh might have tantrum'ed himself right out of the NFL, once he's inevitably fired by the 49ers.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 28, 2014

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

davecrazy posted:

Whitehurst is getting the start. Adjust your fantasy teams accordingly.

Just learned that I'm going to this game. This is my first NFL game and I'm so pumped to see Crackhouse Charlie wingin' it and having a good ol' time out there.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

surf rock posted:

Just learned that I'm going to this game. This is my first NFL game and I'm so pumped to see Crackhouse Charlie wingin' it and having a good ol' time out there.

I had to google what team Charlie was even on.

God drat Titans, sort your poo poo out.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Realtalk, as soon as we know the status of Vernon Davis somebody plz post it. I need to know for...certain reasons.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

davecrazy posted:

Realtalk, as soon as we know the status of Vernon Davis somebody plz post it. I need to know for...certain reasons.

Subtle.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

davecrazy posted:

You know we have a whole fantasy forum...

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ehud posted:

You know we have a whole fantasy forum...

He is actually trying to swindle his really lovely bookie.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

davecrazy posted:

Rapoport says hes "good to go."

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Harbaugh showed him his rear end so he's gonna suit up now

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Who doesn't need a little glimpse of gluteus to get going in the morning?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Showed him his rear end? Harbaugh shows US every week that he IS an rear end, if you ask me. Thank you

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I bet his butt has its own wardrobe of khakis and black shirts, roflmao

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I've heard of being a hardass but this is ridiculous!!! - Vernon Davis tapping on Harbaugh's rock-hard rear curiously

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
If less than 6 plays had gone differently Harbaugh could have gone to 3 straight Super Bowls and he is such a jackass he is probably going to be gone at the end of the year. That is downright amazing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Yeah but gently caress the 49ers, real talk

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ribsauce posted:

If less than 6 plays had gone differently Harbaugh could have gone to 3 straight Super Bowls and he is such a jackass he is probably going to be gone at the end of the year. That is downright amazing.

And yet Rex Ryan still has a job.

Somehow.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

I'd rather see harbaughs pasty white rear end on the sidelines for 3 hours than his spittle covered beet red tantrum face gnashing it's teeth at me

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Josh McCown has a torn ligament in his thumb and should have surgery but he's going to try to play through it before deciding whether to get it or not.

That's just fantastic, because an even less accurate Josh McCown is clearly going to get that offense clicking. Just get the surgery, collect your 10 million dollars and gently caress off Josh.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jim Harbaugh is a good football coach and yall just need to embrace the douchiness.

Buncha jive turkey gobblers up in here.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

ayn rand hand job posted:

And yet Rex Ryan still has a job.

Somehow.

imagine not thinking rex ryan is an amazing coach

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Whoever thinks he isn't a good coach is kinda dumb.

He won at USD for christ sakes

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Jim Harbaugh is a good football coach and yall just need to embrace the douchiness.

Buncha jive turkey gobblers up in here.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think Rex is a really good coach who is absolutely abysmal at managing the offensive side of the ball.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

wheez the roux posted:

wasn't there some university a couple years ago that had to cancels classes for weeks, if not months, because one rear end in a top hat who knew how to properly use tor, VPNs, and proxies kept sending anonymous untraceable emails with bomb threats

It was the University of Pittsburgh, I worked/took classes there at the time, and it was extremely loving annoying. It ended up being well over a hundred threats over the course of a semester. The first ones were actually written on the walls of bathroom stalls.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
never noticed he grabs his dick at the end of the tantrum

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Kalli posted:

I think Rex is a really good coach who is absolutely abysmal at managing the offensive side of the ball.

Rex with Norv as OC would be too beautiful for TFF to handle.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Who's got it better than us? Nobody!

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

ive watched this dozens of times but never looked at the refs' faces

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MonsterWalk posted:

Rex with Norv as OC would be too beautiful for TFF to handle.

Oh, what could have been....

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
News: Chili's on and should be ready for Minnesota - Atlanta

Views: At least the chili should be good

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Harbaugh will look great in maize & blue next year (one can only hope)

N: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11605592/ndamukong-suh-likely-bolt-detroit-lions-season (might be old news to some)

V: I know my feelings on the Lions have shifted in recent years because my first thought was "why would you rather play for either New York team right now?" Dumb penalties and "dirty player" narrative aside I would miss Suh.

VV Ha!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@AdamSchefter
A quarter way through season, the Lions are preparing to lose free-agent-to-be DT Ndamukong Suh and he is preparing to move on, per sources.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bjay9 posted:

News: Chili's on and should be ready for Minnesota - Atlanta

Views: At least the chili should be good

Goddamn right. Your lunch should be good too.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

@AdamSchefter
A quarter way through season, the Lions are preparing to lose free-agent-to-be DT Ndamukong Suh and he is preparing to move on, per sources.

So which team makes him the next Albert Haynesworth?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

I hope Dimitroff and Smith get over their collective selves and make him the next John Abraham.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kalli posted:

No way. He went through life developing the toughness that can only be gotten by a boy named Suh. He'll be dominant til he's 40.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Redskins, probably.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

DeimosRising posted:

It was the University of Pittsburgh, I worked/took classes there at the time, and it was extremely loving annoying. It ended up being well over a hundred threats over the course of a semester. The first ones were actually written on the walls of bathroom stalls.

Hail to Pitt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Kalli posted:

I think I'd enjoy him on my team but the biggest need/desperation/incompetence is probably the Raiders.

edit: no idea what the Raider's DL situation is or even if they're 4-3 but I assume that it is bad

Moxie fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 28, 2014

• Locked thread