Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Luneshot posted:

I'd still mark out if he comes back, but at this point I'm resigned to the fact that it probably won't be for a long time- and if he's happy and healthy, then nobody really has any say in what he does except himself. I hope he has a good life. :unsmith:

Basically this. I'd love him coming back but I really doubt he ever will and more power to him.

Also that response was about as glib as humanly possible, I wouldn't read into that particular piece of "evidence" much one way or the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

waffle iron posted:

He would come back for a contract guaranteed Wrestlemania main event and you know it. See you all in 2017.
It would take a few injuries ruining the card before Vince and HHH would agree to that.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It would take a few injuries ruining the card before Vince and HHH would agree to that.

We're halfway there already! :v:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

So did Vince and Dunn take the night off and let HHH run the show or what?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Fat Lowtax posted:

Or a huge dialing back of house show business that's probably impossible because of the shareholders

even if punk never worked house shows a guy at his level is expected to go all kinds of appearances and media dates so while his back might feel a little better he's still run ragged for years at a time

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Good Listener posted:

I must have missed something on that Raw because I did not see many positives tonight. Maybe it's because I skipped Battleground. :shrug:

There was some good stuff on it but it wasn't a great Raw by any stretch. The one after MITB was a billion times better.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

There was some good stuff on it but it wasn't a great Raw by any stretch. The one after MITB was a billion times better.

It's not that it was blowaway segment after blowaway segment, but I don't think there were any especially bad segments and I think it did a pretty fantastic job starting us on the road to Summerslam.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I am sad that we're not getting Rybaxel as PG13 in the new NOD.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Deadpool posted:

Yea I liked Ambrose-Cesaro and Miz-Ziggler but a lot of the time I was glad we were behind so we could skip through stuff. Did not need that long on the Stephanie and Brie angle.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Can I say how good of a heel Stephanie is? She is seriously loathsome. I don't even care about the bellas but I want to see them destroy Steph.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Someone gave paul heyman a mic and 12 minutes to talk about brockle snar, 10/10 Raw

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

The_Rob posted:

Can I say how good of a heel Stephanie is? She is seriously loathsome. I don't even care about the bellas but I want to see them destroy Steph.

This. Whether face or heel I despise the Bellas, but I can't help but find myself enjoying the angle and wanting to see Steph get her head kicked in, and if the Bellas are the ones to do it, well, I'll swallow my prejudice to see it happen.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The live audiences are really into this Bella Sisters angle based on their reaction to Nikki's entrance, Brie showing up and telling Steph off and Steph's arrest. AND they popped pretty good for Paige's heel turn. I think these are very good things for the Division's future. Now if Paige and AJ can just put on the match we need them to this time instead of a total pissbreak like last night...

That Miz/Ziggler match was freaking great, I don't know if it was just Ziggler being that good or if Miz really upped his game for his return, but either way I'm happy. And for once the IC Champ losing a non-title match is legitimate because Miz cheated to win it and his character is a Wimpy Self-Absorbed Hollywood Heel.

Kofi, Xavier and Big E heel turn is awesome, I'm so excited for that provided that it doesn't go into full blown Nation territory like everyone is afraid of and the fact that they're all black stays incidental. Maybe Kof-E is the team that's going to beat the Usos instead of the Ascension...

I was so happy for Zach Ryder's win. I hope he's who LayRae finally sticks with, they seem like a good fit and the poor guy deserves another shot.

This show really was all about the midcard now that I think about it, and that's awesome. I think maybe that's why people are saying how great it was when objectively it wasn't the greatest Raw ever, because it felt like something things besides the Main Event were important and getting progress.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's not that it was blowaway segment after blowaway segment, but I don't think there were any especially bad segments and I think it did a pretty fantastic job starting us on the road to Summerslam.

I agree. I think it was a serviceable Raw for Summerslam. Happy with how they are booking Paige/AJ, NewNOD, Star/Golddust, Reigns/Orton, and Lesnar/Cena. I really want them to turn Cesaro and thought it would be great if he turned against Heyman face to face, but I guess WWE had to play the hand that was dealt. Seems like they are doing what they can after making a lot of booking mistakes and with the injuries.

I feel like they were a few segments short on each feud they are building for Summerslam, but it's fine what they are doing now. I mean, with the time constraints they have leading up to the PPV, they gotta do what they can. But let's hope they execute better at Summerslam.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

I agree. I think it was a serviceable Raw for Summerslam. Happy with how they are booking Paige/AJ, NewNOD, Star/Golddust, Reigns/Orton, and Lesnar/Cena. I really want them to turn Cesaro and thought it would be great if he turned against Heyman face to face, but I guess WWE had to play the hand that was dealt. Seems like they are doing what they can after making a lot of booking mistakes and with the injuries.

I feel like they were a few segments short on each feud they are building for Summerslam, but it's fine what they are doing now. I mean, with the time constraints they have leading up to the PPV, they gotta do what they can. But let's hope they execute better at Summerslam.

I'm fantasy booking, but my hope is that Cesaro basically gets a Mankind "chosen son" type push, constantly fighting to get ahead with the Authority but never getting the respect he deserves until he finally snaps or is betrayed, finally giving him the face turn and a solid revenge angle (especially if they pair him against someone like Rollins to throw around).

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
What I like in this angle is that Steph can suffer consequences. It's not like Daniel could put her in the Yes Lock without looking like an rear end in a top hat.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Rollins getting all :saddowns: about Hunter is kind of hilarious too.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Wow he looks great. Hope he's enjoying life.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

What I like in this angle is that Steph can suffer consequences. It's not like Daniel could put her in the Yes Lock without looking like an rear end in a top hat.

Steph is finally learning from her father that being embarrassed on national television every few weeks is actually awesome

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i didn't think raw was best of the year material but it was an easy three hours to sit through with some good matches, segments and promos so i can't complain

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Deadpool posted:

I like Battleground and also that Raw

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

Steph is finally learning from her father that being embarrassed on national television every few weeks is actually awesome

She was essentially Vickie for years! Then she stopped, and went off tv forever.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Sanguinia posted:

This show really was all about the midcard now that I think about it, and that's awesome. I think maybe that's why people are saying how great it was when objectively it wasn't the greatest Raw ever, because it felt like something things besides the Main Event were important and getting progress.

I think that's why I enjoyed this Raw way more than Battlegrounds. It was refreshing in a way to see the midcard do their thing. Shocked to see how many faces WWE put on the screen without making it feel too cluttered and unorganized. Seeing Ryder, Ziggler, Ambrose, Cesaro, Miz, Kofi, Big E, Slater, Woods, Rybaxel, Gold/Stardust and even Miz do their thing was pretty great. I just hope the WWE can stay consistent with the midcard division cause it makes for good TV from start to finish even in a three hour time block.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I never knew I could love Dean Ambrose more than I did when he was part of the Shield. He's just so good at what he's doing. I do kind of wish Reigns would at least address the Rollins issue though. Even something as simple as :smug: With Ambrose after you, I don't have to worry about you.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

RacistGuidingLight posted:

She was essentially Vickie for years! Then she stopped, and went off tv forever.

pre-invasion it was basically chris jericho calling her a whore a whole lot, but her reign as GM of Smackdown was insufferable

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

oatgan posted:

pre-invasion it was basically chris jericho calling her a whore a whole lot, but her reign as GM of Smackdown was insufferable

What are you talking about? It was fascinating to watch a lady be called the smartest, most devious, sexiest toughest person ever that every woman envied and every man wanted to have sex with, every single week.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

she was pre-invasion but afterwards she was insufferable as GM of smackdown and even then it was basically two or three guys calling her a whore over and over again

Oh lord yes that was brutal. But coming off of being the butt of Vince's gross incest humiliation kick I don't blame her.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Oh lord yes that was brutal. But coming off of being the butt of Vince's gross incest humiliation kick I don't blame her.

all grown up now

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

all grown up now

I was actually lying I blame her a whole lot.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Psychlone posted:

About as clean as Zack can hope for.

At the height of his relevance a couple summers ago he jobbed to a yet to debut Dean Ambrose at a house show in Syracuse. I mean c'mon, if there's any place that Zack Ryder should have won it's a house show vs a guy that 98% of the crowd had no idea existed before that day. I felt like that really summed up the WWEs opinion of him that day.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I missed Raw, was there nothing with Swagger?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

thanks. you can make the title text

edit: hang on i wanna loving remake this again

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 22, 2014

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Today I watched Zack Ryder not only win a match, but also be valeted by two attractive women. It is the start of a new era, and hopefully he can finally afford to get his back tanned to match his front.

#wwwyki

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Cabbit posted:

Not that I remember

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Triple H is my favorite wrestler.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Zack Ryder won, A miz match got a "this is awesome" chant,BROCK LESNAR, NEW loving NATION, and the divas segments got attention and cheers. 5 star show. Midcard is ALIVE.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

RBX posted:

Zack Ryder won, A miz match got a "this is awesome" chant,BROCK LESNAR, NEW loving NATION, and the divas segments got attention and cheers. 5 star show. Midcard is ALIVE.

Really it can mean only one thing. Vince isn't alive anymore. Hopefully Bo comes out next week to a 5 minute moment of silence and then it is another good Raw.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

Not that I remember

They retconned Rusev's victory to be a tapout, so I guess that's the end of that for now.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Cabbit posted:

Off TV to sell injuries. They mentioned it when Rusev came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

If you'd like to see "No fucks to give" personified, check this out courtesy of WWE.COM

• Locked thread