Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

35 rolls on the PAL machine for rare evo materials, the best thing I got was a Rainbow Keeper. Oh, and the skill-up bird for Amaterasu, bringing her to skill lvl 5-not one has failed to skill up so far, which is pretty awesome. Still no Angelit or KoG :(

(Also, 200 days played today, rank 233, and would have been much higher if not for loving around with the old Pengdra cycle for weeks at one point)

The Hebug posted:

I vote for your list of differences between JP and NA so we can keep track of what is coming up.

And add a section for EU where it's either a warning not to bother with EU if you have other options, or just a :smith: emote

Speaking of, any EU players want a present? I think a goon sent me one recently but I don't remember who, so couldn't send mine back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
2/10 on L Kali. Sorry 0/10 dudes.

dragon enthusiast posted:

What do people run on Hathor teams? Using solely pickings from my box I threw together ults of Apollo, Valk, Yomi, and Kirin.
I used L Kali, Athena, Yomi, and Izanagi to 1-stone Vulcan the other day. Would have been no stones if I didn't gently caress up getting a Dark match on Artemis. I also have Grodin and another L Kali that may get use as I use Hathor more. edit: Also mini-valk.

Apollo makes the board non-activatable for Hathor so he's not ideal. Farmable options for Light/Red are Takeminakata and Light/Red Divinegon off the top of my head.

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 23, 2015

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

What do people run on Hathor teams? Using solely pickings from my box I threw together ults of Apollo, Valk, Yomi, and Kirin.

If I pulled Hathor my team would be Hathor/Valk/Yomi/Lkali/Purin/Hathor

Lkali is pretty great and basically makes any hathor team. I'd rather bring Take than Apollo tbh, since Apollo's active isn't doing anything for you and between two hathor's and valk you're hurting more for HP than RCV. Kirin isn't bringing much to the table aside from stats and a time awakening. I like defoud for Hathor teams to take care of jammers, but really any other single color to light changer can be pretty useful for times when you want to hit hard and heal simultaneously.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

From what I can tell, the BiS subs are:

Red: LKali
Green: Minivalk
Dark: Yomi

Blue/Light don't matter, fill in the rest with whatever based on awakenings/active skills/stats.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Well I have the wrong Kali :(

Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?
So far I've pulled all the armor knights except the healer one which is who I want. Also 0/10 on LKali. Thanks PAD.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm 1 ronia away from that Rodin/Rodin/Rodin/Ronia/Ronia/Rodin team :3

Can't wait.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Vomax posted:

So far I've pulled all the armor knights except the healer one which is who I want.

Dude, you pulled the 3 best armor knights. Why are you complaining?

The Light one's mostly replaceable by Sandalphon anyway.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

EU finally gets Challenge dungeons, beginning Monday.

BTW do JP/NA sometimes get PAL points via mail gifts? Is that a thing?

Vomax
Oct 12, 2005

?

DaveWoo posted:

Dude, you pulled the 3 best armor knights. Why are you complaining?

The Light one's mostly replaceable by Sandalphon anyway.

I mean I have a ridiculous red attacker team waiting in the wings now, but what other teams do these jerks go on if I don't have any Norns?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Battle Pigeon posted:

BTW do JP/NA sometimes get PAL points via mail gifts? Is that a thing?

Sure, we get PAL Point gifts in the mail sometimes. Just recently we got 1,000 PAL points/day for 4 days.

Vomax posted:

I mean I have a ridiculous red attacker team waiting in the wings now, but what other teams do these jerks go on if I don't have any Norns?

Green's got tons of useful Balanced mons to work with. And the Blue one's a fantastic sub in pretty much any color combo team.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
JP very seldomly gets PAL point mail; it's one of the few things NA PAD has going for it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'd basically like all of those armored knights, but I'm not sure I want to whale for them just yet.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I need a bunch of light orbs and PadGuide says they'll be in Satan on Monday. I'm going to have to find some time to stone the hell out of it.

I need one for Amaterasu, LValk and BValk. I could get one for Neptune while I'm at it, since I have 2 Neptunes, but I don't know what I'd use him for.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Did we ever get some kind of confirmation or assumption that Sonia's x1 rate was only for the previous godfest? Or is it permanent going forward.

I want to be part of the cool kids club too. :smith:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Finally got the spare mats to ult Athena, then sat staring at her in my monster box for a couple minutes thinking "welp, now I have to max skill Athena".

I remember a time when this PAD life was exciting.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
I cleared twinlits 3 times this morning with three different teams that absolutely were not geared toward twinlits, that was fun.

Not fun was going 0/6 on kali skillups

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

jerkstore77 posted:

Did we ever get some kind of confirmation or assumption that Sonia's x1 rate was only for the previous godfest? Or is it permanent going forward.

I want to be part of the cool kids club too. :smith:

The "1x rate for [Godfest God Pantheon" has been going for a while now in JP, and they rotate with every GF. It's safe enough to assume they'll rotate it in the US, too.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Finally got the spare mats to ult Athena, then sat staring at her in my monster box for a couple minutes thinking "welp, now I have to max skill Athena".

I remember a time when this PAD life was exciting.

Peh, Athena's active skill is good, but it's not what makes her great. For those times when I really actually need a shorter-CD Athena to make a dungeon work, I just pick a friend's max skill Athena. I'll skill her up someday, but between wanting to run other stuff and some bad luck, she's still sitting at SL 1 for me.

Vomax posted:

What rainbow or Blue God teams does Muse not go on? He's got awesome color coverage for Horus, Durga, Ra and Kirin, lets you build a mono-Blue Isis God team, matches U&Y's colors, could go on an Athena team if you want to splash Water, etc. There's a reason why none of the original King Slimes boosted Gods, and that's because boosting Gods is way too drat powerful.

King Slime : Muse :: ADK-Z : Athena.

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season
Two things:

I have a refreshed present that I would love to trade with another goon on NA if anyone's down.

Friend Code: 364-147-303

Second, I have a whole bunch of monsters and have been going for the Flower Dragon thing so far this week, but I wonder if anyone has any great ideas about how to get through the Flower Dragon dungeons on Master other than using my Grodin and an auto-healer friend and taking all week.

https://www.padherder.com/user/ipjones/monsters/

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
1/15 on LKali so far :unsmith:

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug

Disco Bandit posted:

I have a refreshed present that I would love to trade with another goon on NA if anyone's down.

Friend Code: 364-147-303

I'll trade with you, but you're out of friend slots. Clear one up and friend me at 355,176,208

\/\/\/\/\/ Present sent

Zeta fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 23, 2015

Disco Bandit
Nov 15, 2004

All I want for christmas is a winning season

Zeta posted:

I'll trade with you, but you're out of friend slots. Clear one up and friend me at 355,176,208

Done and done.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I wish there was some indication on the coin dungeon buying screen letting you know if you'd cleared it. I've started a list now but I wish there was some kind of in-game function for it too.

Also I thought I'd give the machine a punt. Cinderella. Grr.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
I'm having zero success with Draggie, I think maybe my batman is too low.

I'm wondering if there is there another option that I'm just not seeing?
Here's my filtered box if anyone can take a wee look.

Nah, I was thoughtlessly chasing red orbs, and there's gently caress all chance I'll manage one with the restriction.

https://www.padherder.com/user/beeboy/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,10,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0;default,0

Yermaw Zahoor fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 23, 2015

Chiminey
Sep 12, 2011

Schrodingers cat posted:

I'm 1 ronia away from that Rodin/Rodin/Rodin/Ronia/Ronia/Rodin team :3

Can't wait.

Have fun skilling it up.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
0/5 on farming Angelits so far today.

On the other hand, I'm 4/5 on Baby Tamas.

The RNG is weird sometimes.

P.S. If any folks here have a Zeus Olympios they could put up (preferably max awoken), that'd be greatly appreciated.

McDragon posted:

I wish there was some indication on the coin dungeon buying screen letting you know if you'd cleared it. I've started a list now but I wish there was some kind of in-game function for it too.

That's actually included in an upcoming patch.

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

P.S. If any folks here have a Zeus Olympios they could put up (preferably max awoken), that'd be greatly appreciated.

Hello fellow Zeus Olympios buddy :)

By the way, in your light prong zeus team for twinlits; how do you manage the 3rd round with the tama? Spike light prongs really hard to kill the dublits but not the tama?

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

WalrusWhiskers posted:

Hello fellow Zeus Olympios buddy :)

By the way, in your light prong zeus team for twinlits; how do you manage the 3rd round with the tama? Spike light prongs really hard to kill the dublits but not the tama?

I can answer that, having copied his team: you just make light prongs. The targeting system favors hitting Dark enemies with Light attacks, so it'll target both Dublits while leaving the BabyTama untouched. I feel like there's some luck in the BabyTama not _immediately_ locking down your unused orb-changers, but it's worked for me so far.

Brade
Apr 30, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

I can put a max awoken Zeus Olympios up.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

opaopa13 posted:

I can answer that, having copied his team: you just make light prongs. The targeting system favors hitting Dark enemies with Light attacks, so it'll target both Dublits while leaving the BabyTama untouched. I feel like there's some luck in the BabyTama not _immediately_ locking down your unused orb-changers, but it's worked for me so far.

Yeah, basically this. My AA Meta helps provide some insurance against being excessively bind-locked.

Brade posted:

I can put a max awoken Zeus Olympios up.

Invite sent. :)

H.P. Grenade
Oct 21, 2003

Smooth.
I'm a long way from hypermaxing or conquering a descend or having a Ronia but this week I managed to farm all the daily Expert Dungeons I needed quite easily without a Grodin buddy. Feels awesome to get off that crutch. :v:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
So, py hunting luck recently...

Left side must be cursed :smith:

In memory of poor Riddik who just got a Leilan invade in Draggie I decided to pull the REM again because I have poor impulse control:

:toot: All is well!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Oh, that's great. Thanks for the info

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

FrickenMoron posted:

So, py hunting luck recently...

Left side must be cursed :smith:

I've had the same kind of luck except absolutely nothing dropped. I'm averaging around 2000 stamina per Py right now, it's kind of absurdly bad.

Well, went 0/5 on Athena skillups but 100% Beorc drops (from Legend) and 1/2 on Skillups, so I'd say it's been a pretty good day overall. Skill Level 5, only 10 more to go!

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Refreshed mine.

3/15 on Light Kali. I don't want to talk about anything else because it's depressing.

Chewbot
Dec 2, 2005

My Revenge Meat!

FrickenMoron posted:

:toot: All is well!

I was looking up delgado after pulling one - tons of good subs for balance but are there any good leaders? This looks like a custom-made gronia sub, but I aint got one. Green/balance/dragon is such a specific combination.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

Kalas posted:

Refreshed mine.

3/15 on Light Kali. I don't want to talk about anything else because it's depressing.

3/15 is actually perfectly expected for a 20% rate...?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Chewbot posted:

I was looking up delgado after pulling one - tons of good subs for balance but are there any good leaders? This looks like a custom-made gronia sub, but I aint got one. Green/balance/dragon is such a specific combination.

Osiris, Verdandi, Ignis chu (suboptimal leader really because of 80%), Freyja if you want to get desperate.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Chewbot posted:

Delgado himself works pretty well as a leader (2x HP/ATK to Balance). You can pair him up with a G/L Freyja friend leader to make a solid 6x ATK/2x HP/1.35x RCV team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I represent the two Ronia / three Lu Bu Club. I don't know why anyone would want three Lu Bus in a team.

An amazing KOTG team.

Ronia/Ronia/Lu Bu/Lu Bu/Lu Bu/Ronia

Three Lu Bu+Ronia actives kills almost all 10 turn dungeons.

• Locked thread