Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The only time I felt engrossed was ironically in the very meta "game within a game" segments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
Again, you may look upon life as an unprofitable episode, disturbing the blessed calm of non-existence. And, in any case, even though things have gone with you tolerably well, the longer you live the more clearly you will feel that, on the whole, life is a disappointment, nay, a cheat.

If two men who were friends in their youth meet again when they are old, after being separated for a life-time, the chief feeling they will have at the sight of each other will be one of complete disappointment at life as a whole; because their thoughts will be carried back to that earlier time when life seemed so fair as it lay spread out before them in the rosy light of dawn, promised so much — and then performed so little. This feeling will so completely predominate over every other that they will not even consider it necessary to give it words; but on either side it will be silently assumed, and form the ground-work of all they have to talk about.

He who lives to see two or three generations is like a man who sits some time in the conjurer’s booth at a fair, and witnesses the performance twice or thrice in succession. The tricks were meant to be seen only once; and when they are no longer a novelty and cease to deceive, their effect is gone.

Ocean Book fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 18, 2015

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Nice graphics, boring gameplay.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

bradzilla posted:

no you see the sequel starts 20 - 30 years into the game, the game's goal changes to making the sequel the best it can possibly be, and the sequel still doesn't take precedence over the original for another 30 - 50 years after that

uhhh i would much rather not have a sequel. let's just work on improving the original game and releasing add-ons for the next 60 years.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
from levels like 1-22 there are tons of fun quests but no good loot. from 22 on the quests suck but the loot gets better and better.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

from levels like 1-22 there are tons of fun quests but no good loot. from 22 on the quests suck but the loot gets better and better.

eventually you marry a fat princess or go to prison and get hosed in the shower every day by bowser

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Great mini-games, I swear I play those more than the main game.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Too many bugs.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Bug #1

Socks are definitely disappearing when I put them in the wash. Haven't been able to methodically replicate yet, but I'm positive this is happening. Lost one of a +5 business sock pair the other day that I paid a lot for; really peeves me!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Bug #2

testicle sag

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

A misanthrope posted:

Bug #2

testicle sag

That's not a bug it's a feature.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Applewhite posted:

That's not a bug it's a feature.

*looks at the back of the box*

well whaddya know

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A misanthrope posted:

uhhh i would much rather not have a sequel. let's just work on improving the original game and releasing add-ons for the next 60 years.

Have you seen the end game content it's pretty loving grim.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Have you seen the end game content it's pretty loving grim.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Guys, remember that spending gold on vehicle upkeep is actually really essential. My girlfriend says she ignored the flashing spanner on her HUD and eventually crashed.

She's now grinding "minimum wage" again which I hear is much worse since the "poo poo Boss" dlc was released.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
do you mean writing a fluff piece giving it 9.8 because ad money is actually your paycheck or farting out a negative review as fast as possible in a desperate attempt at controlling the narrative or what, op

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
save and load functions critically broken, impede progress 0/10

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
As much as I appreciate the thoroughness of a Sim I really don't see the point in having to smell your own poo poo. It was funny at first but the whole process of eating only to poo poo it out later seems like a cheap way of creating a content cycle. It's just unnecessary micro management.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.
No story. The open world would be great if there weren't so many micro transactions. Wondering when I get to the first save point already so I can take a piss it's been like 25 levels. I mean you can't even pause this wtf

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Fired this up again today to check it out after the new patch. As far as I can tell I completed all the daily quests, but didn't get any quest rewards. Game continues to be buggy horseshit, DO NOT PLAY

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
You can stick your dick into basically everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

It's impossible to win unless you roll good stats in the beginning.

• Locked thread