Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

vyst posted:

So excited.

I am not at all excited, but it's because my matchup is vs Appalachian State again.

A matchup nobody wanted or needed. Thanks, Dave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

I am not at all excited, but it's because my matchup is vs Appalachian State again.

A matchup nobody wanted or needed. Thanks, Dave.

Yeah, it's simply a game to be endured, hoping we don't get humiliated. Winning will bring no joy, only relief.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I feel lied to

Come again?

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

D.N. Nation posted:

Behold! A visual compendium of Georgia and Auburn ruining each other's lives:

You were at too many away games. Only the retarded, obnoxious, extremely fat, dumbass fans travel with the team. Coallage Sports is all about cheering on the home team and having fun with friends. No one wants to here your dumb Boomer Sooner over and over again in their home stadium.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

limeincoke posted:

Just rewatched that Auburn-Georgia play. On like the 10th replay of it they show a side view where you can see the whole field. Despite having 8 DB's there was a Auburn receiver by himself like, 3 yards past the 1st down since they were playing 3 deep and all 3 safeties followed Louis. Good thing for everyone Nick Marshal didn't see him, otherwise we would have been denied the greatest ending.

That was the true definition of "Third and Grantham." I had a good view of the play setting up from one of the end zones and was freaking out how UGA had set up, until Marshall chucked it deep. Then I thought we were in smooth sailing.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

anne frank fanfic posted:

You were at too many away games. Only the retarded, obnoxious, extremely fat, dumbass fans travel with the team. Coallage Sports is all about cheering on the home team and having fun with friends. No one wants to here your dumb Boomer Sooner over and over again in their home stadium.

no one wants to hear boomer sooner anyway

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Oh god Scionix is here.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Chump Farts posted:

I do, because everyone else gets so mad about it.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, it's simply a game to be endured, hoping we don't get humiliated. Winning will bring no joy, only relief.

Alabama.txt

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Are you strong enough to be an Alabama Michigan fan?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Deteriorata posted:

I'd rather play Slippery Rock.

Edit: I'd rather play Alabama in Dallas for no good loving reason again

Neodoomium fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 26, 2014

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Former Iowa State RB Hiawatha Rutland drowned in Lake Erie this past weekend.

Third former ISU RB this century to die well before his time (Ennis Haywood, Stevie Hicks).

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

anne frank fanfic posted:

Traveling to see football is pretty fun. You should try it some time. If the away team is having that much fun don't suck as much. Hope this helps.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Chump Farts posted:

I kinda like to hear boomer sooner tbh. I'm very excited to hear it on saturday.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Real Name Grover posted:

Former Iowa State RB Hiawatha Rutland drowned in Lake Erie this past weekend.

Third former ISU RB this century to die well before his time (Ennis Haywood, Stevie Hicks).

Both Running Backs from the 2003 team are gone now. One from suicide, one from drowning.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

AIRBHG gets em all eventually. :smith:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Speaking of Iowa State, have we discussed this yet?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

beards are too small

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I choose to believe that is not real. Apparently that was tweeted out by the "Cyclone Uniforms" twitter, some guy not affiliated with ISU with too much time on his hands who spends time photoshopping alternate ISU uniforms

Thoguh fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Aug 26, 2014

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
On the other hand at least half the crowd for any given games seem to think those are official school colors so it's pretty believable.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

MourningView posted:

On the other hand at least half the crowd for any given games seem to think those are official school colors so it's pretty believable.

Isn't some team doing a Camo out this year?

Edit: Yup, ULM. http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/8/8/5982321/ulm-wake-forest-camo-out-quack-quack

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Farking Bastage posted:

Ramik Wilson is NOT listed as a starter on UGA's chart. He missed most of Fall practice with a concussion. He's healthy now, but Pruitt doesn't appear to think he's ready to start.
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/geo/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2014-15/release/release_20140825aaa.pdf

Yeah this doesn't surprise me. Out of camp season, he was out for about 10 days. I suspect that he'll be starting soon enough, he is a super talented guy so I hope this isnt too much of a setback.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

MourningView posted:

Counterpoint: Iowa's wrestling team had multiple athletes get arrested for hunting rabbits on campus last year.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Now I wanna see a jort out.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
In honor of the renewing of the MSU/USM on Saturday, I present to you the best mascot photograph ever

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

KKKLIP ART posted:

beards are too small

I think that the mullet on the one in the center makes up for the relative dearth of beard.

Also

Breaky posted:

AIRBHG gets em all eventually. :smith:
I keep misreading this as "airbag' the first time I see it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

USC DB Josh Shaw jumped out of a 2nd story window to save his drowing 7 year-old nephew. :toot:

EDIT: Also take some time and look through Bucknell's roster photos. They're almost all trying to make goofy faces and it's great. One guy is trying to do The Rock's eyebrow thing.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 26, 2014

BunLengthHotDog
Jun 30, 2003

Good Game

KKKLIP ART posted:

Yeah this doesn't surprise me. Out of camp season, he was out for about 10 days. I suspect that he'll be starting soon enough, he is a super talented guy so I hope this isnt too much of a setback.

Wilson is statistically a superstar, but under closer examination he has some glaring weaknesses. He had a ton of tackles, even led the SEC I believe, but most of his tackles are well into the defensive backfield...typically 3 to 4 yards deep. He has issues attacking and getting off blocks, he even seems to prefer letting the runner come to him. He did well when on a designed blitz, which accounts for his high TFL stat, but reading a play and filling a gap close to the LOS is not his forte. His injury certainly didn't help, but this move is more about playing the best folks... Kimbrough and Carter have had a good camp by all accounts. Ramik will get a ton of snaps, but he could very easily get beaten out by an underclassmen that plays the position the way Pruitt wants it played.

Speaking of Pruitt, I love the changes he has made. He immediately made it clear that every single position, on every level (starter, backup, 3rd team) was an open competition. Starters from 2013 were not penciled in like they were with Grantham in years past...if Grantham liked you it was pretty much smooth sailing. He really did not adapt his NFL philosophies, at all, to the college game... running a system far too complicated for kids who get a finite amount of time to study the playbook (which was enormous). Pruitt has completely changed the way UGA does things from top to bottom, even changing the way practices are run the first day he stepped on campus. He even has Richt considering over-signing a few kids if need be (a huge departure for Richt). We have a ton of offers out instead of banking on big names that bolt on signing day. His impact has been huge, we will see how it translates on the field.

If our D is just marginally better we will be tough to beat, unless we lose our entire O to injury again.

BunLengthHotDog fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Aug 26, 2014

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
Was ready this weekend; now I'm really ready:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hGa-g6BZUo

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I wonder what her husband thinks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

C2C - 2.0 posted:

"LSU, I smell a corndog."
This is better than her original videos.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I think some of Wilson's issues could probably be coached, some, not all, but some. I think if he gets his poo poo together he could end up a monster, but yeah I do see your points.

As far as Pruitt, he totally came in to do work and I totally appreciate that. I also appreciate what you said about him letting it be known that the best players start, not whoever started last year. I like his overall philosophy and he comes from a great coaching tree. Unless something is up, I expect he leaves for a HC job somewhere within the next few years. I even said it last year, if we were decent, not even great, we win against Mizzou, Vandy, and Auburn and the season totally changes for us. I don't super worry about the defense at this point, as long as Mason doesn't collapse I think we will be fine on the offense. We are a bit thin on TE, but I can't really thing of any place where we are in danger if we bang up a few guys. Are you excited to see what Hicks can do as H-back because I am after seeing him become a bulldozer last year :getin:

I am also looking for a new avatar, I need help.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I have no idea why but I had a feeling it was this lady before I clicked the link. I wasn't disappointed. I'm really worried about that game this year, because we have a bad habit lately of playing like a hot turd against Arkansas.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

USC DB Josh Shaw jumped out of a 2nd story window to save his drowing 7 year-old nephew. :toot:

EDIT: Also take some time and look through Bucknell's roster photos. They're almost all trying to make goofy faces and it's great. One guy is trying to do The Rock's eyebrow thing.

Hahaha that first comment.

quote:

Well the Trojan is broken, but at least he pulled the little guy out in time

Nailed it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Fluffdaddy posted:

Now I wanna see a jort out.

Fundamentally indistinguishable from any other WLOCP

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

This is old, but, South Carolina got a number one vote in the Coaches' Poll? This hurts my head in so many ways.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Gorelab posted:

This is old, but, South Carolina got a number one vote in the Coaches' Poll? This hurts my head in so many ways.

they threatened to take Spurriers vote away when he was giving #25 to Duke, so now he is on another plane of trolling.

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

Quandary posted:

I kinda like to hear boomer sooner tbh. I'm very excited to hear it on saturday.

hell yeah :respek:

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.

Gorelab posted:

I assume it is all the right ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

I'd rather play Slippery Rock.

Edit: I'd rather play Alabama in Dallas for no good loving reason again

Thank you for reminding me that that game happened.

• Locked thread