Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

WHY YES YES IT IS LET'S TALK ABOUT THAT INSTEAD WHO'S YOUR FAVORITE I LIKE MAKOTO AND REI

Bishies are passé. The real fashionable thing is having a crush on a grandmother who is secretly an oni.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Davin Valkri posted:

Why yes yes it is let's talk about that instead who's your favorite I like Makoto and Rei

I keep trying to ask my friends if this show actually has a plot or it's just a vehicle to stare at half-naked bishie boys and they basically stammer, "Uh, well, you see...there's SWIMMING...and...they have to fix a pool?

Did I mention swimming?"

So now, Davin, I pose this question to you. :v:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Davin Valkri posted:

Why yes yes it is let's talk about that instead who's your favorite I like Makoto and Rei

Which one is the one who tries to swim in any pool of water greater than ankle deep? I like that one.

E: And the answer to that is "do any of those shows about this exact thing except they're cute girls in a club instead of cute boys have a plot?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Spincut posted:

I keep trying to ask my friends if this show actually has a plot or it's just a vehicle to stare at half-naked bishie boys and they basically stammer, "Uh, well, you see...there's SWIMMING...and...they have to fix a pool?

Did I mention swimming?"

So now, Davin, I pose this question to you. :v:

You ever see a sports anime where someone in the group of friends joins the bigshot rival team, and the rest of the friends make their own team to win the big tournament and win their friend back? It's kinda like that.

Mors Rattus posted:

Which one is the one who tries to swim in any pool of water greater than ankle deep? I like that one.

That's Haruka.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Davin Valkri posted:

You ever see a sports anime where someone in the group of friends joins the bigshot rival team, and the rest of the friends make their own team to win the big tournament and win their friend back? It's kinda like that.

That's Haruka.

Okay. That's fair.

Also I'm totally okay with it being a vehicle for staring at half-naked bishie boys! If I end up watching it, that will probably be why, cause I couldn't care less about any sports. :v:

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

FewtureMD posted:

Are bears on the table too? But re:bishies, that Free! show is pretty great.

can we talk about actual bears and/or everyone's favourite erotic actual bear fiction anthology and/or my baller rear end new av

I tried to come up with a bear pun for this post but no luck :sigh:

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Ningyou posted:

can we talk about actual bears and/or everyone's favourite erotic actual bear fiction anthology and/or my baller rear end new av

Real bear erotic fiction? Sounds pretty grizzly.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Ningyou posted:

Your av is super cute, yes, what is it from?

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

Spincut posted:

dsfjsfGOD loving DAMNIT

gnome7 posted:

Your av is super cute, yes, what is it from?

It's a Madoka thing! One of the clara dolls from Rebellion.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Spincut posted:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Hey dork, you got picked to be an anime mouse girl, go post about connections so we can get this poo poo rolling.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
fyi effectronica you sound like a literal murderer

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

What tabletop game has the most bishies in it and why is no one recruiting for it right now???

KirbyJ
Oct 30, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

What tabletop game has the most bishies in it and why is no one recruiting for it right now???

You could do it in GURPS

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

KittyEmpress posted:

Hot guys making out

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
ITT Effectronica loses his loving mind apparently

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

KittyEmpress posted:

Monsterhearts is the most likely candidate, I think.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Wraehthu, of course.

Wait, where are you going?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Alright, so history lesson: The chat thread was nominally set up for two reasons: As a place for derails to go (especially grognards.txt derails) and because TG has a lot of separate groups (D&D, wargamers, mafia, poker etc.) and it gave them all a place to hang out and chat to each other.

These days though I feel like the chat thread is mostly a place for shitposters and a goony TTRPG clique to post at each other. So, let's try an experiment!

No more chat thread.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Breakfast Cult closed at $15K so I am in a good mood. Yes more chat thread!

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Was it my fault? It was my fault, wasn't it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ettin posted:

Congrats Ettin. :golfclap:

Now then, screw this school stuff, when can I expect the Retrocausality KS? :colbert:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Now then, screw this school stuff, when can I expect the Retrocausality KS? :colbert:
Two years ago.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Congrats Ettin. :golfclap:

This.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is the failed timeline where the Retrocausality KS never happened

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Congrats, Ettin! It looks fun.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

Tollymain posted:

Sheeeiiiiit

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
I really, really wanted to back Breakfast Cult, but I just have no money right now. Definitely going to buy it once it actually comes out.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Tollymain posted:

Truly the Darkest timeline.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.
So I have an encounter for my fantasy game that I want to run, where a famous researcher bard is trying to reconstruct the true happenings of an ancient battle/siege. He has commissioned a powerful spell that will allow him to look through a specially prepared lens and see what the things/places on the other side looked like in the distant past. I wanted to set this up as a fun investigative scene and use props for it but I don't quite know if what I want exists.

I was thinking that I could draw or print something up on a big sheet of paper with some kind of ink or preparation that makes it invisible to the naked eye, and then create some kind of like round "lens" that has a type of filter of some kind that reveals the hidden ink/drawing when it's placed over top of it/looked through.

Kind of complicated for an encounter but I thought it could be neat if I could figure out how to do it. Does anyone have any ideas? I considered that whole lemon juice/invisible ink stuff but it doesnt work with a filter. I tried searching around and found a few things (some "cheat a poker!" stuff on ebay) but it didn't seem like it was real. I'd be fine with it being monochromatic since in my head that's how it feels like it would have to work. Anyone have any experience with stuff like this, or any ideas? I could easily have overlooked a more elegant/simpler solution.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tollymain posted:

GREAT SCOTT! We've got to go back!!!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Galaga Galaxian posted:

GREAT SCOTT! We've got to go back!!!

"Heavy..."

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 27, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ettin posted:

Is it coming after Exalted 3e or far west?

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
"Something." - A famous guy

Darius099 posted:

So I have an encounter for my fantasy game that I want to run, where a famous researcher bard is trying to reconstruct the true happenings of an ancient battle/siege. He has commissioned a powerful spell that will allow him to look through a specially prepared lens and see what the things/places on the other side looked like in the distant past. I wanted to set this up as a fun investigative scene and use props for it but I don't quite know if what I want exists.

I was thinking that I could draw or print something up on a big sheet of paper with some kind of ink or preparation that makes it invisible to the naked eye, and then create some kind of like round "lens" that has a type of filter of some kind that reveals the hidden ink/drawing when it's placed over top of it/looked through.

Kind of complicated for an encounter but I thought it could be neat if I could figure out how to do it. Does anyone have any ideas? I considered that whole lemon juice/invisible ink stuff but it doesnt work with a filter. I tried searching around and found a few things (some "cheat a poker!" stuff on ebay) but it didn't seem like it was real. I'd be fine with it being monochromatic since in my head that's how it feels like it would have to work. Anyone have any experience with stuff like this, or any ideas? I could easily have overlooked a more elegant/simpler solution.

Maybe you could work something out with a blacklight? Light you attach a blacklight flashlight to a box, and they have to look through that box to see what you wrote with a UV marking pen or something.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Gao posted:

Maybe you could work something out with a blacklight? Light you attach a blacklight flashlight to a box, and they have to look through that box to see what you wrote with a UV marking pen or something.

Man I don't want to bring a blacklight to some gamers basement, that way lies horror and madness.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Winson_Paine posted:

Man I don't want to bring a blacklight to some gamers basement, that way lies horror and madness.

seconded, try lemon juice and a candle.

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

Gao posted:

That's a good point, I could probably build a kind of box with a blacklight. I think that's probably the right avenue to go down for this, then, since I don't want any sort of heat activation or anything like that. I really want it to feel like a magic lens is being used to see. Thanks for the suggestion!

Winson_Paine posted:

Thankfully, I have a dedicated gaming room on the ground floor that's kept very tidy and not some kind of dusty cave full of old socks and japanese love pillows.

Darius099 fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Winson_Paine posted:

White crayon and water colors.

Maybe a color change marker of some sort.

• Locked thread