Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Smarmy Coworker posted:

i like todd but i also like to poo poo on him

a weird relationship i know

its called being tsundere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

this feels like a clip from the office or something

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

rainy day posted:

the only thing this has in common with tes games is the lore which is a terrible reason to buy a game since tes lore is boring as poo poo and apparently they even hosed that up

Actually TES has some seriously kick rear end lore. The whole universe including afterlife realms and whatever else are incredibly thoroughly and vividly detailed, and there's all kinds of interesting characters, sociopolitical poo poo happening, subterfuge, and greek tragedy level stuff that goes on all the time. Hell the universe even has Chim.

The problem is that there has never been an Elder Scrolls game that has even remotely come close to being as good as the lore, Morrowind included.

Basically the Elder Scrolls series has Warhammer 40K Syndrome.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 17, 2014

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

GreatGreen posted:

Actually TES has some seriously kick rear end lore. The whole universe including afterlife realms and whatever else are incredibly thoroughly and vividly detailed, and there's all kinds of interesting characters, sociopolitical poo poo happening, subterfuge, and greek tragedy level stuff that goes on all the time. Hell the universe even has Chim.

The problem is that there has never been an Elder Scrolls game that has even remotely come close to being as good as the lore, Morrowind included.

tes lore is really good. for a videogame. also you're right in that its basically not in any of the games so i guess its not actually videogame lore

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

GreatGreen posted:

skyrim: hey lets hire a bunch of good writers to write us an epic and then get some unpaid interns to write the dialogue and quest lines

we can hire another voice actor with the money saved!!

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

GROVER CURES HOUSE posted:

skyrim: hey lets hire a bunch of good writers to write us an epic and then get some unpaid interns to write the dialogue and quest lines

we can hire another voice actor with the money saved!!
The Elder Scrools: let's blow the whole acting budget on two famous people who each voice one peripheral character so that way we're hamstrung into using three other people to record lines for all of the other NPC's in the game.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Is there a "Lusty Argonian Maid" questline?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Fried Watermelon posted:

you meet the author in morrowind iirc

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Fried Watermelon posted:

You actually meet the lusty Argonian maid. There are no loaves of bread nearby, and you must supply your own.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Has there ever been another example of the triplefuck full priced upfront, monthly sub with cash shop from day one mmo? Quadruplefuck if lifetime sub is an option?

Those poor, poor gamers. An exploited minority.

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
lol apparently broteam got banned from twitch for streaming (and making fun of) eso even though the NDA is no longer in effect.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

twitched banned my friend for posting a drawing of zeus's dick on his stream

Dredrum
Nov 21, 2013

Shoot to kill!

Dexters Secret posted:

elder scrolls combat has been historically terrible. but it oozes charm, puts you in a bigass world to explore, has a lot of hilarious glitches, and makes you feel important

so naturally bethesda decided this was the perfect game for an MMO because it's.. literally the opposite of their games?

God! Elder Scrolls combat is so retarded. I've never been able to finish an elder scrolls game... I mean had great story, heaps of side quest blah blah blah but drat I need some great combat to keep me hooked.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Dredrum posted:

God! Elder Scrolls combat is so retarded. I've never been able to finish an elder scrolls game... I mean had great story, heaps of side quest blah blah blah but drat I need some great combat to keep me hooked.
I'm nerding myself but I liked the combat in Neverwinter Nights.

Dec 26, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

I'm nerding myself but I liked the combat in Neverwinter Nights.

im a huge fan of "click target, sit back for awhile as you lob misses at each other every 6 seconds because you only control one guy" too

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
Lol if your dagger doesn't hit at 1000x a minute and drain souls/life force

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

01011001 posted:

im a huge fan of "click target, sit back for awhile as you lob misses at each other every 6 seconds because you only control one guy" too
Becoming a monk and swinging too fast for any enemy solved the poo poo out of that problem.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=50952

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I guess everyone stopped posting here because they're having such great fun with the game

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Don Tacorleone posted:

I guess everyone stopped posting here because they're having such great fun with the game

No they went to go play morrowind which is still better in every conceivable way

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
New beta test this weekend guys!

(although I won't be playing it, 'cos I uninstalled the whole thing after being utterly unimpressed with the previous beta test)

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
Yeah I saw an invite in my inbox and laughed and laughed, then closed my inbox.

(I'm not worried about saying this openly and people pm'ing me for the key because lol)

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Like someone cleverer than me said in this very thread: if I can't even be bothered to play it for free, i'm sure as hell not going to pay a monthly fee to play it.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Someone play it and stream so i can point and laugh tia.

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

kingcom posted:

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp
unfortunately I just moved and the internet hasn't been hooked up yet so I wont be able to stream this weekend. if anyone wants an invite (lol) tho hit me up

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

kingcom posted:

Yo, nerds stream this turd

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I'll find someone to stream it tomorrow. We got about 5 or 6 people who can enter pvp now.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I got a beta invite. I am definitely not paying for this poo poo. You start in a WoW-looking area and then go to more WoW looking areas with WoW-looking versions of the TES races and a bunch of dumb WoW quests. This is just a lovely generic MMO with TES's setting pasted on, except it mostly just shits all over the setting instead of being anything like it.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I took a look at a stream of ESO today and everything seems to be in coloured in different shades of brown. Coincidentally it is the colour of poop.

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box.

Agrajag posted:

I took a look at a stream of ESO today and everything seems to be in coloured in different shades of brown. Coincidentally it is the colour of poop.

It can't even disguise it's shittiness

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

is the draw distance still rear end? or will it only be improved in the magical day1 patch

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

is the draw distance still rear end? or will it only be improved in the magical day1 patch

Nah dont worry day 1 magic patch will make it the number one mmo guaranteed. You should probably buy the lifetime subscription now.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Under normal circumstances, the draw distance is perfectly fine. The issues with it were either some sort of bug, or people confusing weather-based fog with distance-culling fog. During clear weather and with long lines of sight, the draw distance pretty much extends to the map edges.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

A week ago they released a huge list of patch notes (which included "fixing thousands of quest bugs"), and then they launched this new beta event without the new patch. So if it was rear end before, it's rear end now.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

kingcom posted:

Nah dont worry day 1 magic patch will make it the number one mmo guaranteed. You should probably buy the lifetime subscription now.

Best to get in on the ground floor it only goes up up up upon release.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

is the FOV really locked to 60 if you run around in first person? goddamn thats pathetic

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

is the FOV really locked to 60 if you run around in first person? goddamn thats pathetic

Hahahahahaha

Well hey if that's the case just pick up the console vers... oh right. God if that's true what a bunch of loving idiot devs.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

lol 60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
My draw distance is still poo poo. And it rains constantly in cyrodill where I took those photos so it may just be fog all the time.

• Locked thread