Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

I'd think O'Brien would put his phaser on overload. Take out a few decks/habitat rings with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Transport the the warp core into the bridge imo

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I came here instead of the Al Borland redemption thread because Miles is a more likeable character with a better plot line.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I lived through more poo poo than any other person on this station and I still get no respect.

But I do get Keiko rear end.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
When she isn't planetside for months on end of course.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Then you get Holo-Keiko, its just like the real thing only programmed to be more frigid because Quark is a tool of the writers

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
im sure this has been explained in the thread but who is miles obrien

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

ArtIsResistance posted:

Some slob, you don't need to worry about him.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

ArtIsResistance posted:

The Star Trek universe's buttmonkey. That's all you need to know

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

good

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
There are a lot of self-hating miles o briefs in here

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

ArtIsResistance posted:

Wasn't he one of the little people?

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Arkanomen posted:

Wasn't he one of the little people?

yes he was

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Simstim posted:

yes he was

Computer load KiekoGiantessIreland.exe and disengage safety protocols. I hope that little poo poo Quark has a mop.

Arkanomen fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 6, 2014

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

what is the context of this gif, aside from Miles drinks whiskey for breakfast?

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Professor Shark posted:

bitch stepped to the O man

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Professor Shark posted:

Dax had just uncovered evidence that everything on the station works just fine, Cardie technology is build to last and Miles is faking all his 'work'

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Was that the one were they accidentally pick up an artifact with the psychic echoes of a civilization that destroyed itself in a paranoid freakout? Everyone gets involved in a huge plot against each other while Sisko goes nuts in his office building some weird alien music box.

I like to think the O' Brien you see in that episode is the real O'Brien, the one he keeps just under the surface.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
No, O'Brien is a simple man incapable of such conceit. The universe just shits on him. And he just keeps fixing the leaks.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Shoehead posted:

Everyone gets involved in a huge plot against each other while Sisko goes nuts in his office building some weird alien music box.

It's...a clock!

Also am I remembering wrong or was there a TOS episode with pretty much the same premise?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
Dax scanned the "problem" decks today and couldn't find any Cardassian vole colonies in the conduits. I swore up and down they had to be somewhere, because how else can you explain constantly frayed and melted wires requiring a one-man patch job that takes roughly four to five hours? Down where that odd EMP pulse is so strong it's hard for communicators to work? I asked her if she had any ideas or theories because I sure as hell didn't, but I did offer to go back down tomorrow and check again, this time more thoroughly.

I should probably stop by Garak's before I do and give him a piece of my mind. I specifically asked for one male and one female, dammit! Even a spoonhead should be able to tell the difference and he's supposed to be one of the smarter ones! Should have just left it to one of Quark's slimy relatives. Next time, I guess.

Howard Beale fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 7, 2014

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

After DS9, O'Brien goes back to Earth to teach at Starfleet Academy. And by teach, I mean he's the new janitor.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Automatic Slim posted:

After DS9, O'Brien goes back to Earth to teach at Starfleet Academy. And by teach, I mean he's the new janitor.

He is the teacher who does that simulated explosion test. Only it uses real explosives. And the students never rescue him.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
*smokes a blunt in the jefferies tube*
"Heh, welcome to the Miles high club."

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

skasion posted:

It's...a clock!

Also am I remembering wrong or was there a TOS episode with pretty much the same premise?

probably, there was also a similar Enterprise episode where everyone gets OCD from a black hole and Tucker becomes obsessed with making the Captain's chair as comfortable as possible

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
"Well time to get home and give the missus some miles O' Miles, if you get me, cheers!"

He turns to leave the room, for a moment the mask of glumly cheerful Miles O' Brien feels like it's about to crack. Bravely he continues on home, he knows Keiko no longer loves him, if, indeed she ever did love him. Her silent stares over replicated dinner were enough to tip his suspicion but the messages from Bashir sealed them.
Still he marches home, a coldness in his heart but a warmth in his smile for whoever he'd meet on the way. No one would know his pain, the empty throb of something that died a long time ago when he saw his first friend disintegrate on the end of a Cardassi beam, a billion miles away from Killarney.
Briefly he smiles, a rare genuine smile, remembering the look in that Cardie's eyes when he took his revenge. His trench knife wet, 4 inches deep and lodged in bone. Young Miles O' Brien had closed his eyes then, and something else opened theirs. He still had the knife, kept from his wife of course, in case she counted the notches..in case she noticed the tally growing.. "Molly" he'd named her, and she had tasted blood many, many times. Her hunger, like his was deep, so very deep and so seldomly filled lately. Miles takes a moment in the hallway to wipe the bead of saliva that had drooled down his chin. He'd let the mask drop again, lost in happy memories, but only for a moment. He fixes his face into his usual unimpressed grimace, well rehearsed and looks around.
"Home already!" He rasped as he reaches for the door controls, feeling something wet. In his hand the blood begins to seep into his pores, rivers in the cracks of his palms. He lets the giddy rush wash over him, he savours it for a moment before activating his comm badge, smearing blood across it. It was fitting.
"O'Brien to Bashir!" He lets his lack of control work the edge of panic into his voice. "Get to my quarters, Julian! Something awful's happened!"

He smiles and enters his quarters and finds them how he left them. The hunk of meat on the floor that used to be human now empty. He would get away with this, he'd gotten good at it.
His knees make a wet noise as they hit the floor, more waves hitting him as he cradles what used to be a head. He is content though, both Mollys are safe and hidden from this scene. He WOULD get away with it, until the next time.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Shoehead posted:

"Well time to get home and give the missus some miles O' Miles, if you get me, cheers!"

He turns to leave the room, for a moment the mask of glumly cheerful Miles O' Brien feels like it's about to crack. Bravely he continues on home, he knows Keiko no longer loves him, if, indeed she ever did love him. Her silent stares over replicated dinner were enough to tip his suspicion but the messages from Bashir sealed them.
Still he marches home, a coldness in his heart but a warmth in his smile for whoever he'd meet on the way. No one would know his pain, the empty throb of something that died a long time ago when he saw his first friend disintegrate on the end of a Cardassi beam, a billion miles away from Killarney.
Briefly he smiles, a rare genuine smile, remembering the look in that Cardie's eyes when he took his revenge. His trench knife wet, 4 inches deep and lodged in bone. Young Miles O' Brien had closed his eyes then, and something else opened theirs. He still had the knife, kept from his wife of course, in case she counted the notches..in case she noticed the tally growing.. "Molly" he'd named her, and she had tasted blood many, many times. Her hunger, like his was deep, so very deep and so seldomly filled lately. Miles takes a moment in the hallway to wipe the bead of saliva that had drooled down his chin. He'd let the mask drop again, lost in happy memories, but only for a moment. He fixes his face into his usual unimpressed grimace, well rehearsed and looks around.
"Home already!" He rasped as he reaches for the door controls, feeling something wet. In his hand the blood begins to seep into his pores, rivers in the cracks of his palms. He lets the giddy rush wash over him, he savours it for a moment before activating his comm badge, smearing blood across it. It was fitting.
"O'Brien to Bashir!" He lets his lack of control work the edge of panic into his voice. "Get to my quarters, Julian! Something awful's happened!"

He smiles and enters his quarters and finds them how he left them. The hunk of meat on the floor that used to be human now empty. He would get away with this, he'd gotten good at it.
His knees make a wet noise as they hit the floor, more waves hitting him as he cradles what used to be a head. He is content though, both Mollys are safe and hidden from this scene. He WOULD get away with it, until the next time.

Okay Stephen King, this is the "itt you are Miles O'Brien" thread... THIS is how you do it:

Professor Shark posted:

I'm Miles and my wife is a harpy bitch OH poo poo MY SHOULDER oh God I wish Kira would suck me

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Shoehead posted:

goldmine

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Professor Shark posted:

Okay Stephen King, this is the "itt you are Miles O'Brien" thread... THIS is how you do it:

How did I forget his shoulder!? gently caress it all gas the poo poo out of this thread

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Shoehead posted:

How did I forget his shoulder!? gently caress it all gas the poo poo out of this thread

Pretty sure he just fixed it by using a teleporter to give himself two right shoulders?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
that was great

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
First week on the ship and I came in late to Captain Picard giving a casual talk to all of us about how his homeland shaped and influenced cultural directions of all of Europe in all sorts of ways.

It was pretty informal, everyone was having a good time, so I joked with him about, "Well, one thing the English couldn't change was to get the Irish to roll over and give up our accents like they did the French, could they?"

Why didn't anyone tell me the Captain was French?! I hope this doesn't derail my career in any way...

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Shoehead posted:

Something awful's happened!

:golfclap:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

*smokes a blunt in the jefferies tube*
"Heh, welcome to the Miles high club."

*chuckles to self*

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Why is everyone acting like I'm a dick for wanting to shoot down the plane? It just crashed in the middle of Las Vegas, no way that killed less than a hundred people.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Dax does a great impersonation of Irishman's Wife

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Lord of Pie posted:

Dax does a great impersonation of Irishman's Wife

*nag nag nag nag*

*SLAP*

*Looks back over shoulder for the British*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Stardate 52500

I killed again, and this time, not a cardie.

Sisko and Bashir were transported to Earth's past because of a build up of chronitons on the Defiant's hull prior to initiating their transport to Earth. We quickly discovered that we could control this effect, so I began the search for them alone, Kira joined me later on. Most of the transports were uneventful, but one will always stick with me. I was transported to the back of a library parking lot in Maryland, in front of three teenagers, all smoking weed. A girl and two guys. The girl got up and yelled at me. Suddenly I snapped, and found my arms around her neck. The guys were too high to do anything, I brushed their limp-wristed attacks off. I choked the life out of her, I knew it was wrong, and temporally dangerous, but I couldn't stop myself. I dropped her limp body on the ground, and transported back to the Defiant. I will always wonder about the two boys, though nobody would ever believe their story.

I had to do it, in her eyes, I saw Keiko.

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 28, 2014

• Locked thread