Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

apostateCourier posted:

Did you do all of the side levels?

Yes, unless there are hidden ones I don't know of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Yes, unless there are hidden ones I don't know of

Did you buy all of the bomb upgrades?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

Did you buy all of the bomb upgrades?

Yes I think its just a glitch

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

After beating new game + is there a way to play the normal levels on the same file?

There should be a way to just play whatever. I want to play the boss rush again but can't get to it without dying 200 times

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

African AIDS cum posted:

After beating new game + is there a way to play the normal levels on the same file?

There should be a way to just play whatever. I want to play the boss rush again but can't get to it without dying 200 times

Only way I can think is start a new file and leave a save with everything beaten but Tower 3.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Speed running with PK is really fun. There's so many places where the levels really make you appreciate PK's strength in vertical movement over Shovel Knight, and it really lets you do some funny shortcuts.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Martman posted:

Speed running with PK is really fun. There's so many places where the levels really make you appreciate PK's strength in vertical movement over Shovel Knight, and it really lets you do some funny shortcuts.

Don't make the mistake I've made and attempt running Pandemonium%. That loving cloak plus the bullshit that is Tower2 NG+ is going to be the end of me, I swear.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

apostateCourier posted:

Don't make the mistake I've made and attempt running Pandemonium%. That loving cloak plus the bullshit that is Tower2 NG+ is going to be the end of me, I swear.
It's hard to read this as anything other than a challenge.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Martman posted:

It's fun, but I also couldn't beat tower2 ng+

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Shovel Knight's making a cameo in Indivisible, an RPG by the Skullgirls devs that's being crowdfunded right now: http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/3/9666784/lab-zero-indivisible-shovel-knight-super-time-force-guest-characters

The retail game's out in NA now, by the way. Colour manual, 40+ pages for all versions (PS4, Wii U, 3DS, PC if you're in Europe).

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Shovel Knight's making a cameo in Indivisible, an RPG by the Skullgirls devs that's being crowdfunded right now: http://www.polygon.com/2015/11/3/9666784/lab-zero-indivisible-shovel-knight-super-time-force-guest-characters

The retail game's out in NA now, by the way. Colour manual, 40+ pages for all versions (PS4, Wii U, 3DS, PC if you're in Europe).

Is there a way to transfer my save to the cart on 3ds?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Probably not.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

I pre-ordered a copy at a GameStop in NA, and that was literally the only copy that they received... bloody Nintendo.

The manual is nice, though... I miss the days when games had those.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Which version should I buy?

I like playing games on my 3ds the most. I like Battletoads. The Wii U is nice for having multiple screens. If I get a Vita, I can do the same thing with the PS4 and hey..PS4.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If you plan on buying the Amiibo, the Wii U version will have the most Amiibo features, most notably local co-op.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Does this have a really small print run? None of the BBs near me have the 3ds version and the bone version has been removed from their website already. At least new is gone.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Probably, they're self-publishing, more or less.

There's no retail XB1 version anymore, they cancelled it due to MS fuckery.

I don't think the retail PS4 version has cross-buy like the digital version, either.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Probably, they're self-publishing, more or less.

There's no retail XB1 version anymore, they cancelled it due to MS fuckery.

I don't think the retail PS4 version has cross-buy like the digital version, either.

So the ones that are still in stores are the only ones around? I checked BB yesterday and it was in stock. E: It must have been a server error.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Waltzing Along posted:

Does this have a really small print run? None of the BBs near me have the 3ds version and the bone version has been removed from their website already. At least new is gone.

My local gamestop, a big high-volume store, had only one copy, which was the one that I had pre-ordered. I'm tempted to agree and say "small run", but it could be a major fluke. The store manager said "That's Nintendo, you have to pre-order", which is both inaccurate and kind of creepy since the company basically brainwashes them to tear your throat out for preorders.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

JustJeff88 posted:

My local gamestop, a big high-volume store, had only one copy, which was the one that I had pre-ordered. I'm tempted to agree and say "small run", but it could be a major fluke. The store manager said "That's Nintendo, you have to pre-order", which is both inaccurate and kind of creepy since the company basically brainwashes them to tear your throat out for preorders.

I just ordered it from BB. $21 shipped after tax.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
It's amazing how Plague Knight goes from stupidly slippery and awkward to control to pure easy mode. I was dying to dumb poo poo constantly at the beginning. Now I barely touch the ground. I was dreading NG+ boss gauntlet given that I read you get so few full heals, but that was before I learned how to abuse leech liquid and beat it on my first try, compared to Shovel Knight which took me a good 2 hours worth of trying. I had more trouble with the ascending part of the level, before I realized my beloved component powder was making it much harder than it needed to be.

My only complaint with PK's repertoire is that I don't see any reason to ever switch out the float burst (except to use the ice one for a couple of bosses). I wish there was more options. Maybe the vat should have been worked into a burst instead so you can't use both.

Going through don't die/kill checkpoints run now and don't expect much difficulty. I'm plotting my under-90 minute run and I know I'll get the vat, but I wonder if it's worth getting leech liquid (doubt it) or the cloak that makes you not fly back when getting hit (maybe...)

edit: I also didn't realize there was a trick to the last boss keeping his weak spot open until NG+. No wonder it was so hard the first time.

ultrachrist fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 10, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
God I loved Plague of Shadows, maybe more than the main game. Only downsides are that a few sections or boss battles are either way harder or easier than they were originally. I think the only boss I died against was Spectre Knight, and that was only because I didn't think to switch to Lob casings to hit him in the air. With Life Leech you can basically fight for an infinite amount of time during the boss fights and not die. It seemed to me that Bounce and Lob were by far the most useful casings, with Impact or Remote being the best fuses depending upon the situation. I'd occasionally use Component powder though if I wanted to try to nail an enemy on the other side of the room.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It might just be a coincidence (it's not) but Yacht Club has a Reddit Q&A scheduled for right around the time of the upcoming Nintendo Direct...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

It might just be a coincidence (it's not) but Yacht Club has a Reddit Q&A scheduled for right around the time of the upcoming Nintendo Direct...

It's either Shovel Knight for Smash, or the 2nd DLC pack.

Or possibly just a hard US release date for the amiibo.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Propeller Knight's stage is horrible without checkpoints, especially given that prop knight himself is a motherfucker. Ughhh

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
No spending money, no using other bomb/arcana parts, no potions, and under 90 minute feats all got on the same run :smug:

You don't notice when using all of PK's gear, but the basic bombs often kill things the fastest. Game is dramatically harder without float burst but also quicker in some places.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I actually like Float Burst the least, but that could be because I'm a filthy cheater who enjoys flying with the two-buttons trick.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

alcharagia posted:

I actually like Float Burst the least, but that could be because I'm a filthy cheater who enjoys flying with the two-buttons trick.
Didn't that get patched out?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Zereth posted:

Didn't that get patched out?

Probably! v:v:v

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Is there anywhere I can buy a Wii U Shovel Knight download code? I want to gift the digital version to someone.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Martman posted:

If you (or anyone else) wants to do this, I would love to watch it. It's beyond me, I'm afraid.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Cicero posted:

Is there anywhere I can buy a Wii U Shovel Knight download code? I want to gift the digital version to someone.

I did a quick search and it doesn't look like it.

Amazon has the physical version for $20, if that's good enough.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Amiibo trailer and release date: December 11 for Europe, January 8 for NA! Look at all that wacky bullshit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRYWXanFRnw

Article/FAQ: http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/12/amiibo-preview/

quote:

You may be wondering why the Shovel Knight amiibo is coming out so much earlier in Europe! It was an agonizing decision, as production difficulties forced us to choose between rushing to ship a tiny, insufficient number of amiibo units before Christmas, or ship a good healthy supply of stock to North America just after Christmas. We’ve received hundreds of emails bemoaning the difficulty in finding some of your favorite amiibo, racing for a pre-order window, issues with scalpers, having trouble unlocking the new features you want to play; so, we made the decision to launch the amiibo in January so there would be enough units available. Hopefully, this later date will make buying a Shovel Knight amiibo easy and fair for everyone. So just be sure to save up that Christmas money for the new year!

On that note, if you’re interested in picking up the Shovel Knight amiibo, then we’d like to implore you to wait for it to release in your territory. There will be plenty and it will not be a limited run, so please don’t feel pressured into importing or buying from scalpers. Don’t spend more than the retail price! Also, keep in mind the new Shovel Knight amiibo features will not function on your game system in your territory until the listed release date. Thank you everyone for your patience!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Look at all that stuff Steam will never get! Awesome!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Amiibo trailer and release date: December 11 for Europe, January 8 for NA! Look at all that wacky bullshit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRYWXanFRnw

Article/FAQ: http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/12/amiibo-preview/

Man, I can't loving justify buying this game a third loving time on top of buying an overly-expensive toy but I really want to.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Now that that's out of the way....Plague Knight amiibo when?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I saw Shovel Knight amiibos go up for preorder on amazon a couple weeks ago so I snagged one. If Yacht Club is trustworthy in saying they will be plentiful... I should probably cancel it to save on shipping.

I hope they're right. :ohdear:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

ImpAtom posted:

Man, I can't loving justify buying this game a third loving time on top of buying an overly-expensive toy but I really want to.

Do it. YC needs the money to fund shovel knight 2

I bought Shovel Knight on 3ds originally and loved it a lot so I talked my then-girlfriend into buying it. Then Plague of Shadows came out and it was awesome but I decided I wanted to pay YC for the huge amount of content in plague of shadows so I bought it again on wii u.

If they keep making stuff for this game I'll keep giving them money for it. I believe in shovel knight, it's the true successor to the throne of Mega Man.

Sade fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Dec 5, 2015

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I wonder how big the print run for the 3DS version was. Some 3DS games get really hard to find if you miss them in stores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'm bummed the coop is only on Wii U, what bullshit. Wonder why they couldn't do it on 3DS... even if it's local play only you can still do that on 3DS with local wifi.

• Locked thread