Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
is there any advantage to messing with FoV slider or should I leave it at default?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

#commitment.jpg

Can we focus on the real problem? Why do clan roberts exist in this game?... besides to print money of course.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

FARTSTAR posted:

is there any advantage to messing with FoV slider or should I leave it at default?

It increases how much you can see to your sides. So far I've only found that it makes poo poo look really wierd. But then again, my resoluteion already gives me almost 180 degree view.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

armchairyoda posted:

#commitment.jpg

Can we focus on the real problem? Why do clan roberts exist in this game?... besides to print money of course.

Because this isn't gundam or whatever game it is that you wish this was.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
4x uac10 dire feels like cheating.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Quick question robot shooters, can other people see what you name your mechs yet? Like when you press Q ?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Things you can do in Battletech: The Kickstarter with damaged mech components:

Do Nothing: Sometimes, it just doesn’t make financial sense to repair a component right away, or at all. You can always choose to send ‘Mechs into battle with damaged or even broken components.
Repair it: The number and experience level of the MechTechs in your outfit will determine the cost and duration of component repairs.
Jury-Rig it: You may be able to have your Mech-Techs jury-rig a component, getting it back in working order quickly and less-expensively, but at the cost of some reliability.
Replace it with a New Component: Just as most current automobiles are constructed from parts manufactured around the world, most ‘Mechs are constructed with components manufactured across the Inner Sphere. Not all parts may be available in all areas of the Inner Sphere, but if you can find a new part, your MechTechs can install it.
Replace it with a Salvaged Component: Since you may not always have access to new components, salvage may sometimes be your only source for working parts. But salvage may also be your best source - because if a salvaged component is sufficiently old enough, its technology and manufacturing methodologies mean that it may outperform current day new components.

:roboluv:

Make replacement parts of Clan mechs in MWO cost money you need to grind out since you need to import bits from the clan holdings. Timber Wolf blown up? Go back to grinding in your IS mechs for a couple days :v:

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Make replacement parts of Clan mechs in MWO cost money you need to grind out since you need to import bits from the clan holdings. Timber Wolf blown up? Go back to grinding in your IS mechs for a couple days :v:

Because if there is one thing this game really needs it's more grind

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Salvage and repair/rearm was in the closed beta at one point . It was unfun loving gsrbage and throwing it away was an actual good thing. Balancing clans by making them really unfun is probably a bad idea, they'd be better removing them than that.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

checks out

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Fil spitting truths as always.

I did have a bit of fun in my 3 matches this week with the EBJ I bought. 2 LPL 4 ML can do some work.

Also, NKVA you guys are like hipster MWO goons at this point, all of your complaints have been filed and noted before, it is nothing new.

This game is like 3+ years old.

A lot of us already aired the same complaints in previous iterations of this thread.

We get it, game bad,no money PGI etc etc.

Don't pick on 19 for his involvement though, it's just tacky.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Fil5000 posted:

Salvage and repair/rearm was in the closed beta at one point . It was unfun loving gsrbage and throwing it away was an actual good thing. Balancing clans by making them really unfun is probably a bad idea, they'd be better removing them than that.

Salvage as in items found after battle or salvage as in cbill payout?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

ArchangeI posted:

Salvage as in items found after battle or salvage as in cbill payout?

Cbills. You had to pay out for your armour and ammo too, so it just pushed the energy meta even harder. It really was poo poo.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Fil5000 posted:

Cbills. You had to pay out for your armour and ammo too, so it just pushed the energy meta even harder. It really was poo poo.

On the other hand, it meant our teams of 8 xl awesomes could stomp through and cause massive financial damage with almost no risk. Good times.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

F.A.G.G.O.T. posted:

People leave SA because it's a dead website that lost all relevance years and years ago and because of draconian moderation (where have I seen this before?), not because somebody said some mean words about a bad videogame and implied that hey, maybe the dude you thought was "one of the good ones" is actually a 12 year veteran of this bad video game company that has been producing shovelware and fleecing people of their money for the same period of time. Click the video I posted and check the credits.

I make fun of this game and the devs and the playerbase all the time. But I don't try to run a good dude who actually tries some outreach and news of this game to us and maybe even tries to let his bosses know wtf is up as opposed to them listening to NGNG who mostly just suck them off like they are a meth addicted 2 dollar hooker. ( Well NGNG is a whore but that's beside the point...)

Also maybe this over moderation here you speak of is perhaps more because people such as yourself can't behave in even a passably sensible manner. Not being a ragey weirdo is a good start. You might want to try it!

-------------------------------

But Greatbeer didn't XL engines have a god awful repair cost? I could have sworn they did and it made the things even assy than they already were for most IS builds?

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Oct 10, 2015

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

Captain Rufus posted:

I make fun of this game and the devs and the playerbase all the time. But I don't try to run a good dude who actually tries some outreach and news of this game to us and maybe even tries to let his bosses know wtf is up as opposed to them listening to NGNG who mostly just suck them off like they are a meth addicted 2 dollar hooker. ( Well NGNG is a whore but that's beside the point...)

Also maybe this over moderation here you speak of is perhaps more because people such as yourself can't behave in even a passably sensible manner. Not being a ragey weirdo is a good start. You might want to try it!

You'd think after the 14+ years of getting burned by being trusting and believing the other party online has the best intentions goons would be a bit more cautious about trusting strangers but I guess that's why this site is in the condition it is today.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Scoops posted:

You'd think after the 14+ years of getting burned by being trusting and believing the other party online has the best intentions goons would be a bit more cautious about trusting strangers but I guess that's why this site is in the condition it is today.

No, you see, he's a real cool guy and good friend of goons everywhere because he posts a bunch of meaningless bullshit and empty platitudes.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

XL engines could put your repair and rearm costs well above your match earnings, yeah.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

The XL costs didn't matter so much as Mawesomes were so goddamned broken that everything in front of them just melted. SRM splash damage was the best.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

TeeMerk posted:

Quick question robot shooters, can other people see what you name your mechs yet? Like when you press Q ?

As far as I can tell, this was always there and on by default. If it was different at one point, it was before I joined.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Fil5000 posted:

The XL costs didn't matter so much as Mawesomes were so goddamned broken that everything in front of them just melted. SRM splash damage was the best.

I still have my Mawesome. I had too much fun with it to let it go. :(

Splatterpults were also pretty solid, and I miss being able to shoot a couple of IS AC/20s at once on other robots.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

hopterque posted:

No, you see, he's a real cool guy and good friend of goons everywhere because he posts a bunch of meaningless bullshit and empty platitudes.

well if we banned everyone who posted meaningless bullshit and empty platitudes no one would be allowed to post

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

ArchangeI posted:

well if we banned everyone who posted meaningless bullshit and empty platitudes no one would be allowed to post

yeah but most people aren't trying to sell the drat product.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

hopterque posted:

yeah but most people aren't trying to sell the drat product.

lol if you think 19 is here to try and secure the coveted goon playerbase

They literally blamed us for the transverse fiasco

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

ArchangeI posted:

You have to excuse him. The tard wrangler at his facility is new and hop is just clever enough to evade him for a few minutes to shitpost on SA.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

ArchangeI posted:

Woah weird but people in this very thread spend and have spent insane amounts on this game, hmm, I wonder if that might be something they're interested in.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

hopterque posted:

Woah weird but people in this very thread spend and have spent insane amounts on this game, hmm, I wonder if that might be something they're interested in.

double lol if you believe Goons need to be subtly seduced away from making sound financial decisions

Like, have you even seen the Star Citizen thread? Have you noticed that goons vomit money over every lovely free2play game on the market despite telling each other how much it sucks? Do you really believe they need to have a guy from the developer swing by every couple of days and make a post to convince themselves to light a pile of money on fire?

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money

Finster Dexter posted:

Holy loving poo poo if Paul doesn't know why CW is dead there went any hope of CW being anything better than it was when it first launched.

I'm guessing that they probably know why it's dead, but commitment to M.V.P. means that it's easier to just hand out 4 million c-bills for a Davion vs Kurita event every few weeks than it is to improve the game mode. Actually making CW better would require some thought, acceptance of feedback, competent programming work, and enough players to actually populate some planets. All of these things seem pretty unlikely to happen.

Personally, I'm looking forward to buying more lunch truck horns when the Chinese holding company takes over operations.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

ArchangeI posted:

double lol if you believe Goons need to be subtly seduced away from making sound financial decisions

Like, have you even seen the Star Citizen thread? Have you noticed that goons vomit money over every lovely free2play game on the market despite telling each other how much it sucks? Do you really believe they need to have a guy from the developer swing by every couple of days and make a post to convince themselves to light a pile of money on fire?

Not to contradict you, but at this point in the hot garbage process that is star citizen, any money put into the game is derided. We were encouraged to sell ships on the grey market to get out. Now the OP has steps to get your money back from CIG directly.

I will agree though, goons and f2p get along like pigs and poo poo.

F.A.G.G.O.T.
Mar 29, 2007

Scoops posted:

Guys Derek Smart raises some really good points about Star Citizen, you know.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

ok

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Libluini posted:

As far as I can tell, this was always there and on by default. If it was different at one point, it was before I joined.

I think he means the actual custom name you give your robert inside the mechlab. That doesn't pop up in game I'm sure. The only names you see are the official models. If that model is a hero, it wil display the name of it.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Games>MechWarrior Online: Unknown failure

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

WebDO posted:

Games>MechWarrior Online: Unknown failure

Anita Dickinme posted:

MechWarrior Online: Customer Appreciation Ends Soon

:colbert:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I forgot about that one so why not just slap an OR between them?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mindblast posted:

I think he means the actual custom name you give your robert inside the mechlab. That doesn't pop up in game I'm sure. The only names you see are the official models. If that model is a hero, it wil display the name of it.

No, while playing in my time zone it displayed some really weird German names, including the name "Dohle" for my Raven. (It's a Raven pun.)

None of these names are names of official or hero models.

I guess most people just aren't really creative enough to try naming their mechs.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

How is it taking 5-10 minutes to find a match on a Saturday?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Devorum posted:

How is it taking 5-10 minutes to find a match on a Saturday?

Because this garbage game is finally near the end of its miserable life for good.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
hopterque is a cool guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

teepo posted:

hopterque is a cool guy

I am pretty cool, thanks for noticing.