Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Bort Bortles posted:

Gotta stick to tabletop rules**

**that suit us! (and we dont give a poo poo about the players)

This was the best loving thing as a Founder with a bunch of good mechs. Holyshit was it fun.

Trick was to pilot a jenner those fuckers still feel broken.

I have debated re-downloading this game although I quit playing around the time clan poo poo came out.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Oct 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyphen-B
Nov 28, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

DancingShade posted:

Nah, dropships should be loaded with guns.

But you should be able to blow them up :black101:

I really like that idea, let's compromise. No weapons and you can blow them up

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

SuitDude posted:

Dropships should not have any weapons at all. Please remove the lasers completely.

Someone's got a beef with those MW4 overlords.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

hopterque posted:

this thread is constantly like "pgi is garbage as hell, except you number 19, you're a goon and would never do anything to hurt us and are great" when all he's doing is rolling out posts full of inane pandering horseshit to try and keep whatever sad sacks itc still play spending money. He's the same as everyone else at that company.

We have actually played the game with him. 19 is a good dude. Please remove your tinfoil hat.

YOUR KIND OF poo poo IS WHY NOBODY STAYS AT SA. Quit trying to run every developer, celebrity, or geek entertainment employee off the loving boards. Christ.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Scoops posted:

It's makes me feel kinda nostalgic to see goons still being suckers even today.

It honestly blows my mind.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

SuitDude posted:

Dropships should not have any weapons at all. Please remove the lasers completely.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004
what clan mech should I buy next, I have all TBR and SCR mastered. What clan mech plays like a LPL BLR-1S?

FARTSTAR fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 9, 2015

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

FARTSTAR posted:

what clan mech should I buy next, I have all TBR and SCR mastered. What clan mech plays like a LPL BLR-1S?

arctic cheetahs are probably the next best clan mech out of all of them. you could maybe make some LPL Warhawk but i've never played around with them

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

FARTSTAR posted:

Either the warhark, or the executioner. Neither of those mechs is particularly awe inspiring.

F.A.G.G.O.T.
Mar 29, 2007

Captain Rufus posted:

We have actually played the game with him. 19 is a good dude. Please remove your tinfoil hat.

YOUR KIND OF poo poo IS WHY NOBODY STAYS AT SA. Quit trying to run every developer, celebrity, or geek entertainment employee off the loving boards. Christ.

People leave SA because it's a dead website that lost all relevance years and years ago and because of draconian moderation (where have I seen this before?), not because somebody said some mean words about a bad videogame and implied that hey, maybe the dude you thought was "one of the good ones" is actually a 12 year veteran of this bad video game company that has been producing shovelware and fleecing people of their money for the same period of time. Click the video I posted and check the credits.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

F.A.G.G.O.T. posted:

People leave SA because it's a dead website that lost all relevance years and years ago and because of draconian moderation (where have I seen this before?), not because somebody said some mean words about a bad videogame and implied that hey, maybe the dude you thought was "one of the good ones" is actually a 12 year veteran of this bad video game company that has been producing shovelware and fleecing people of their money for the same period of time. Click the video I posted and check the credits.

same, but ironically.

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only

F.A.G.G.O.T. posted:

People have to make a living somehow. Check yoself before you shrek yoself.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

F.A.G.G.O.T. posted:

:pgi: was paid to do shovelware. They delivered shovelware. MWO is a big step up from their previous games. At one point of it's development the mechanics of shooting and balance (damage getting lost due to netcode) made it one of the best/most fun FPS/shooty games that I've played. Then :pgi: hosed it up. And they can't pin their horrible balancing on IGP.
I don't anyone having fun in this game in its current state. I think if they can do a nice 4vs4 (or 2vs2) mode for Solaris I might play it again too.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

FARTSTAR posted:

I'm digging the shadowcat. Ecm and 2 large lasers, fill the rest with heatsinks and just run around being a dick.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

FARTSTAR posted:

Hellbringer or Ebon jag are your options. hellbringer is my preference because i like it's high torso energy hardpoints and ecm. ebon jag can mount more stuff, however, because the hellbringer doesn't have endo or ferro to save weight.

everything else is sub-par until the cheetah comes out (buy the cheetah immediately when it comes out for c-bills)

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

I'm digging the shadowcat. Ecm and 2 large lasers, fill the rest with heatsinks and just run around being a dick.

I'll second this. I really enjoy the shadowcat. I haven't found a lot of builds that work on it due to limited hardpoints/weight, but it can rock 2 c-LPLs with ECM. Relatively fast, jumpjets, and MASC enable it to be very mobile as well. I just kind of wish it was slightly smaller in size, since it is somewhat fragile.

Honestly I've had success playing it like a Raven-3L, just with clan weapons.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Really wish they would go back to 8v8 and balance long range vs short range. It can't be that hard.

FARTSTAR
Jun 28, 2004

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Hellbringer or Ebon jag are your options. hellbringer is my preference because i like it's high torso energy hardpoints and ecm. ebon jag can mount more stuff, however, because the hellbringer doesn't have endo or ferro to save weight.

everything else is sub-par until the cheetah comes out (buy the cheetah immediately when it comes out for c-bills)

noice thank you

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Internet Explorer posted:

Really wish they would go back to 8v8 and balance long range vs short range. It can't be that hard.

Honestly, these two things alone would be all I need to consider MWO a game worth recommending to others.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Internet Explorer posted:

Except the game that PGI acquired to build upon came with 8v8. PGI (Russ/Paul) decided they would rather have 12v12. There is no going back because that would mean admitting that they were wrong.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Tim Pawlenty posted:

While I don't really care what he does I would recommend he find new employment since he seems like a decent person caught working at a horrible company.

The great thing about horrible companies is that they occasionally pay well and have medical insurance out the rear end. You just have to subvert them from within, one sugar packet at a time.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Bort Bortles posted:

Except the game that PGI acquired to build upon came with 8v8. PGI (Russ/Paul) decided they would rather have 12v12. There is no going back because that would mean admitting that they were wrong. buying more servers.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

veedubfreak posted:

Except the game that PGI acquired to build upon came with 8v8. PGI (Russ/Paul) decided they would rather have 12v12. There is no going back because that would mean admitting that they were wrong. buying more servers.
That too.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Although, I guess with like 75% of the playerbase having left, they probably have enough servers now.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

Paul makes thread asking why CW is dead. We post saying that draconian moderation kills player-versus-player rivalries. All posts are removed, Paul ignores everything except what he wants to hear. Good poo poo.

e: this post was removed by paul, along with probably 20-30 others

A Curvy Goonette fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 10, 2015

F.A.G.G.O.T.
Mar 29, 2007

Colon Semicolon posted:

People have to make a living somehow. Check yoself before you shrek yoself.

A lot of devs work for a lovely company at some point or another. It's a rough business and I wouldn't wish that sort of thing on anybody, but a lot of people will go through it anyway.

When people who care about the content they're producing acknowledge the lack of professionalism in their company, they look for other opportunities instead of sticking around for 12 years and participating in scam after scam.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Paul makes thread asking why CW is dead. We post saying that draconian moderation kills player-versus-player rivalries. All posts are removed, Paul ignores everything except what he wants to hear. Good poo poo.

gah. gently caress

F.A.G.G.O.T.
Mar 29, 2007

Tank Boy Ken posted:

:pgi: was paid to do shovelware. They delivered shovelware. MWO is a big step up from their previous games. At one point of it's development the mechanics of shooting and balance (damage getting lost due to netcode) made it one of the best/most fun FPS/shooty games that I've played. Then :pgi: hosed it up. And they can't pin their horrible balancing on IGP.
I don't anyone having fun in this game in its current state. I think if they can do a nice 4vs4 (or 2vs2) mode for Solaris I might play it again too.

The foundation is admittedly very solid. It helps that it was built by professional cryengine devs who were hired to build the game for PGI in its stead.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

F.A.G.G.O.T. posted:

A lot of devs work for a lovely company at some point or another. It's a rough business and I wouldn't wish that sort of thing on anybody, but a lot of people will go through it anyway.

When people who care about the content they're producing acknowledge the lack of professionalism in their company, they look for other opportunities instead of sticking around for 12 years and participating in scam after scam.

Great user name + post combo.

F.A.G.G.O.T.
Mar 29, 2007

Let me be totally real. I probably won't stop playing until the game shuts down. I love shooting robots with lasers and laughing with the boys at stripping the last mech of all its components and airstriking it to death. I've dropped my money on the game and frankly I regret it, so I'll vote with my wallet as The Gaming Audience is supposed to and won't drop another cent on the game. I will also continue to voice concerns, complaints, and general feedback regarding this game and its developers because it's a good exercise in recognizing what makes good games good and bad games bad, and I'm a stupid moron who likes videogames enough to concern myself with that sort of thing.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
What I'm saying is it was a piece of poo poo post by a piece of poo poo poster.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

Pycckuu posted:

please stop describing youre posts

F.A.G.G.O.T.
Mar 29, 2007

Pycckuu posted:

I'm gay.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Pycckuu posted:

hello piece of poo poo poster

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

A Curvy Goonette posted:

please stop describing youre posts

kill you are self.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
CW is bad for more than just baby-sitting moderators.

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

hopterque posted:

hello piece of poo poo poster

I've been re-watching Fist of the North Star recently. Don't make me own you back to your board game playing days.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLlZh9yelk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Holy loving poo poo if Paul doesn't know why CW is dead there went any hope of CW being anything better than it was when it first launched.

• Locked thread