Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

So I figured I would quickly post in here since it is the only forum I am known on. My brother and I are on a 10-week tour with our duo band right now. I have never met any of you fuckers. If you're into coming to a show, we really don't suck (really). We might be looking for a place to crash on certain nights too. But I figured this would be a cool opportunity to meet some of the people I've been talking hockey with for 5-6 years.

Our itinerary is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1427017710912767/. I don't want this to become a derail, you can check out the dates and shoot me a PM if you wanna see a show. We are in Cleveland tomorrow night and off today.

Also, for hockey talk. Has anyone discussed the Rangers signing Matthew Lombardi? Does he have anything left? Had a nice year in Swiss-A.

EDIT: Nooooo I just saw all of the Lombardi posts!

I recently moved to Salt Lake City so I'll probably come to your show... I'm always looking for things to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Man I kinda wanna move to SLC, I grew up around there. Too bad they don't have a hockey team anymore though

e: wait I'm a dumbass, they Grizzlies still play around there, down in West Valley, but they're ECHL

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Anders posted:

The Swiss league pays a lot better than the AHL - especially for the best players. I assume the salaries are around what they make in DEL and SM Liiga. I remember seeing data on it once. I'll try to find them again.

I think they're higher than the SM Liiga. I read that the SM Liiga trails the SEL and NLA.

The highest paid SML player last year was Corey Locke, at just under 400k, if I'm not mistaken. (Might not be Locke, but should be googleable.)

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

If this is true I will love it.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hi guys I must have missed all the posts about PK Subban getting signed because it's July the 16th and there is no conceivable way that Goldblum hasn't signed him to a contract of his choosing yet.

So please quote me all the relevant posts so I can catch up TIA!!!

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

I think they're higher than the SM Liiga. I read that the SM Liiga trails the SEL and NLA.

The highest paid SML player last year was Corey Locke, at just under 400k, if I'm not mistaken. (Might not be Locke, but should be googleable.)
Actually, according to Ilta-Sanomat, a tabloid with a credible sports section, compiled a list before the start of last season and Jere Karalahti was the highest paid guy:
http://www.iltasanomat.fi/sm-liiga/art-1288598428681.html

Look at this list and say "oh, I remember that guy!" to yourselves:

1. Jere Karalahti, Jokerit         320 000 €
2.   Eric Perrin, JYP                    290 000 €
3.   Ville Peltonen, HIFK            280 000 €
4.   Niklas Hagman, Ässät         275 000 €
5.   Ossi Väänänen, Jokerit       270 000 €
6.   Matti Kuparinen, HIFK         270 000 €
7.   Mika Pyörälä, Kärpät          270 000 €
9.   Petteri Nummelin, Lukko    270 000 €
10. Riku Hahl, Jokerit               260 000 €

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I remember reading an article about Eric Perrin joining the Lightning in 2006 after a successful stint in Switzerland. He was supposed to provide solid scoring depth and possibly rekindle his superb chemistry with former college buddy Martin St. Louis from a decade before. I am not so susceptible to reclamation project hype anymore.

On a completely unrelated note, can somebody convince me that Petri Kontiola is a good top 6/top 9 forward?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Martytoof posted:

Hi guys I must have missed all the posts about PK Subban getting signed because it's July the 16th and there is no conceivable way that Goldblum hasn't signed him to a contract of his choosing yet.

PK was too busy pondering hypothetical alien abductions to sign any contracts.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

^^^^

quote:

The one thing you’d take with you:
If I could take one thing with me, I’d take Beyonce.

The gift you’d offer up to your abductors:
I’d probably offer them Beyonce.

Haha

Martytoof posted:

PK Subban signed a contract alright. With the Bruins.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jul 17, 2014

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

yellowcar posted:

PK was too busy pondering hypothetical alien abductions to sign any contracts.

quote:

Words of wisdom you’d leave behind for future generations:
“Get out while you can!”

Sorry for your loss, HAS.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Eric Lindros was a massive dick: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-201122297.html

Doctor Butts posted:

If this is true I will love it.

Finally, the Neon Green which is the color of Stinger's skin has some relevance in Columbus.

e- The fourth ASG t-shirt from the left toward the bottom of deafmute's link (the CCM one) rules and I would like to purchase one (1) of these.

Levitate posted:

Man I kinda wanna move to SLC, I grew up around there. Too bad they don't have a hockey team anymore though

e: wait I'm a dumbass, they Grizzlies still play around there, down in West Valley, but they're ECHL

As an individual wearing a Dayton Bombers 2007 American Conference Champions t-shirt as I post this, I can say that the ECHL is a redneck good time.

RIP Dayton Bombers. You guys had a cool team and I got a kick out of seeing Trevor Frischmon play there and eventually make his NHL debut for the Jackets.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 17, 2014

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Eric Lindros was a 19 year old who had a lot of adults acting like loving morons and assholes about him from the time he was 15 (and younger).

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Jordan7hm posted:

Eric Lindros was a 19 year old who had a lot of adults acting like loving morons and assholes about him from the time he was 15 (and younger).

And don't forget he was a massive dick.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

mcvey posted:

And don't forget he was a massive dick.

Maybe. I'm willing to cut a 19 year old (who I don't know, who all I know is from stories of people who legit sound like they have axes to grind a lot of the time) some slack.

Like seriously, holding a grudge about something someone did 25 years ago when they were 19? It's a bit strange.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/poboxscore.cgi?H19920682

I'm guessing 19-year-old Lindros thought Stewart was full of poo poo based on those first five minutes

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Poonerman posted:

I'm guessing 19-year-old Lindros thought Stewart was full of poo poo based on those first five minutes

Hahaha

PHI - Lindros 0:02

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Lindros also tangled with Scott Stevens at 8:56 of the 2nd. If only he knew.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

Maybe. I'm willing to cut a 19 year old (who I don't know, who all I know is from stories of people who legit sound like they have axes to grind a lot of the time) some slack.

Like seriously, holding a grudge about something someone did 25 years ago when they were 19? It's a bit strange.

gently caress Scott Stevens. :colbert:

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

The year is 2014

the Lindros articles haven't slowed, like everyone always thought they would

Hope grows ever dimmer

Poonerman posted:

And Lindros still had the most shots of anyone there and a point that day, haha

Vicas fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 17, 2014

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
19 year old kid who grew up with the people surrounding him telling him he's maybe the best hockey player ever for his whole life is a dick to referee, news at 11.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Gord Dineen is the new Marlies head coach. Gord. Gord good gord gourd.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Jordan7hm posted:

I went an revisited the numbers, and Bern has twice the budget than any club in the SHL, and would have the 7th highest budget in the KHL if they played there.

... Bern also has twice the budget than any other club in the NLA too though

The numbers I use for reference were gathered in 2011

http://puckprat.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=734 (in Norwegian)

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Furnaceface posted:

gently caress Scott Stevens. :colbert:

gently caress You. :colbert:

I'm glad he knocked him the gently caress out.

e: Also, where are these Flyers thirds?

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jul 17, 2014

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Any Lindros conversation is really weird as a Dallas fan because that experience is just "Oh, that old guy we signed that was always puzzled looking?"

In actuality if he could have stayed out of the box he probably would have gotten offered another year. He was developing a dish game near the end of the season until, well, Lindros...

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

eXXon posted:

On a completely unrelated note, can somebody convince me that Petri Kontiola is a good top 6/top 9 forward?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM5YUE4B7Xc
v:shobon:v

Real answer: He's always had pretty drat good hands but in recent years he has gotten a work ethic matching those hands. His skating, while still not spectacular in any way, has also been improved while playing in the KHL. He put on one of the most dominating world championship efforts in Finnish history in 2013, only rivaled by maybe Saku Koivu's 1995 tournament.

Kontiola is the type of player that feeds off of linemates who think the game the same way as him. In 2013 he had Juhamatti Aaltonen (the epitome of a floaty Euro) and Janne Pesonen(the main target player on the line, still floaty as gently caress) as his linemates and the chemistry, especially with Aaltonen, was astonishing. If you have him with just two straight-forward, north-american, hands-of-stone, gotta-punch-guys type of players, I'd wager he'd have a tough time making something happen. So to me it's a complete toss-up. With linemates that compliment his skills, sure, he'll be a really drat good 3rd line player who can put in shifts on the 2nd line now and then.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Stickarts posted:

Lindros also tangled with Scott Stevens at 8:56 of the 2nd. If only he knew.

He beat the poo poo out of Stevens

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

Lindros was a piece of poo poo

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Lindros is back baby!

DyneAvenger
Aug 26, 2005

Bru-Tang Clan member:
Nose Face Killah
"Woah, that guy tore up a bunch of posters that were being used for charity? This Lindros fella sounds like a real bozo!"

~ Eric Lindros

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I hope people tore up any get well cards he received whilst undergoing evaluations for post concussion syndrome.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Diet Crack posted:

gently caress You. :colbert:

I'm glad he knocked him the gently caress out.

e: Also, where are these Flyers thirds?

Scott Stevens was also a giant piece of poo poo

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Levitate posted:

All hockey players are giant pieces of poo poo except for Butch Goring and Ryan O'Reilly.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
as a literal piece of poo poo, this discussion is very upsetting to me right now

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

ThinkTank posted:

All hockey players are giant pieces of poo poo except for Butch Goring and Ryan O'Reilly.

And possibly a certain tall, thin white guy with a big smile, a monotone voice and a hundred thousand dollars to burn.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Levitate posted:

A first ballot hall of fame piece of poo poo, thankyou very much.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Poonerman posted:

Hahaha that's hilarous. I would have done the same poo poo as Lindros if the ref that did that to my team tried to bilk autographs off of me afterward.. Also, this is taking this ref at face value that he was going to donate some or all of those posters to charity, which I don't believe for a second considering the way he approached getting them signed.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Spezza must have a huge soft spot for Heatleys.

ginc
Mar 25, 2007

Blatant Daniel Alfredsson apologist

Vicas posted:

Ottawa now needs to get another player named Karlsson just for the sake of trading a Karlsson again
Why settle for just a Karlsson when you can get another Erik Karlsson who also played for Frolunda
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=9392

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Paulocaust posted:

Hahaha that's hilarous. I would have done the same poo poo as Lindros if the ref that did that to my team tried to bilk autographs off of me afterward.. Also, this is taking this ref at face value that he was going to donate some or all of those posters to charity, which I don't believe for a second considering the way he approached getting them signed.

Yeah, calling a penalty on Lindros when he did illegal stuff was a big no-no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, calling a penalty on Lindros when he did illegal stuff was a big no-no.

I would love to see the game to see what warranted three penalties and a game misconduct to a star player in the first 2:24. Also, again, that ref was almost certainly skimming money from those posters or not donating them at all.

• Locked thread