Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Every once in awhile my brother and I play Final Fantasy VIII and it is refreshing to see that some guy broke down SeeD rank so much, he can tell you how many steps it takes to get paid and how many monsters you have to kill, and how, to make sure that your ranks stays the same or goes up, all of which are hidden numbers that could not possibly be determined except by somebody who was completely obsessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I see people saying you can play morrowind without mods, which is true, but the most fun part of elderscrolls games is the modding

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
The morrowind graphics overhaul is really good at least, everyone should use that.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
but if you used it you would be playing morrowind which would be a bad thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Third World Reggin posted:

Im watching you outlander

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

to be honest only Skyrim was good and even then that's debatable

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

did you escape from trolling classes early again

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Virtually nobody who played 3 knows it either because it's only for ultra spergs who read in-character posts from developers on forums.

Most of the basics are in the 36 Sermons of Vivec. Reading all the Sermons in-game is difficult, though, because they're hidden all over the place.

:getout:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

:agreed:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Without modding/cheating Morrowind very quickly becomes a selling things to Creeper simulator which isn't terribly fun. Morrowind is still probably the best at what it does in the whole medium but that's almost entirely in spite of its gameplay

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

When the best thing you can say about an entire line of games is that you can download mods to make them not quite so terrible, then well..

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Clean faces or GTFO.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I don't like morrowind and I didn't enjoy endlessly missing things when it was released. It also was a clunky pile of poo poo.

Probably some good stuff in it but nope can't be bothered.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

exquisite tea posted:

When the best thing you can say about an entire line of games is that you can download mods to make them not quite so terrible, then well..

only retards who can't enjoy video games say that.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

agreed, even though STALKER is a great game

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I also had Marrowind on console so

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Bunch of loving scrubs. Can't play the game right, can't enjoy the game without mods, and they don't even read the dialogue or books in-game. This is just sad.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress books of I wanted to read a book I'd open one with pictures

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

hey don't even read the dialogue or books in-game.

lol if you actually do this

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Without modding/cheating Morrowind very quickly becomes a selling things to Creeper simulator which isn't terribly fun. Morrowind is still probably the best at what it does in the whole medium but that's almost entirely in spite of its gameplay

That's kinda my issue -- Morrowwind easily has the best plot line / setting of TES, but the gameplay mechanics are unpolished. In comparison, Oblivion had better mechanics but a garbage plot (and garbage enemy scaling in order to support the plot). Skyrim was halfway between the two and tolerable without being stellar.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

oblivion was total garbage

Two Worlds was much better

shame about the sequel

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I bet all of the games are actually good and that many of you are in fact Grumpy Guses.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I don't know anyone who can defend the bad lore or bad combat of morrowind.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I don't know anyone who can defend the bad lore or bad combat of morrowind.
Try meeting people.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

shame about the sequel

Did anyone ever mod 2 worlds to make it playable or less unplayable? The controls are so bad and the enemies at the beginning are so tough.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

kalstrams posted:

Try meeting people.

"wtf is a morrowind?"

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

kalstrams posted:

Try meeting people.

I met plenty of people who try to defend it but they don't actually do that. It turns out they just like really bad combat systems.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I loved the Dwemer area in Skyrim that looked like a giant underwater cavern. I wish it had more stuff like that.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

SunAndSpring posted:

Most of the basics are in the 36 Sermons of Vivec. Reading all the Sermons in-game is difficult, though, because they're hidden all over the place.

Also it involves reading an in-game book for what I'm guessing is like 50+ IRL pages rather than off a nice page or kindle screen or whatever. I read that poo poo off my TV on my Xbox because I first played Morrowind on console and it was garbo. Also the books aren't clear on what's a metaphor and what's literally true and what's a bunch of nonsense and stuff, it's not like it just tells you "Well you see CHIM is like console commands..."

Morrowind owns, the graphic overhaul makes a weird looking game look somewhat weirder but with pretty sunsets, and rather than play Oblivion just play Morrowind and then Gothics 1 through 2

Skyrim is fine, someone new to the series might actually want to play it first so they aren't let down by it later

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

shame about the sequel

Finally a sensible opinion.

Two World is legit a better game than Oblivion in virtually every way.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Also the books aren't clear on what's a metaphor and what's literally true and what's a bunch of nonsense and stuff, it's not like it just tells you "Well you see CHIM is like console commands..."

That's true of a lot of Oblivion and Skyrim too, but that's the point.

Some people are pretty liberal with the word garbage, I think.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
Well I'm not saying that as a criticism, just noting it as a reason some people(actually, I'm guessing 99.9% of people) who played Morrowind never even heard of CHIM

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

A reminder, chim is told in a long volume where the ending is it is all useless why did you read all of this you idiot and people love it.

And then there is this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLpDDjGI8bM

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't read any of the in-game books in Elder Scrolls, except for the occasional quest diary. Once in a great while I feel like it and just read it on the UESP, where I can read it in actual print.

I did read all of the in-game books in Uru, which I fully admit is a pretty poorly designed game that I just loved anyway. Do not read all the books in the Uru.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Myst series fans are crazy people. Somebody once physically attacked me for insulting Myst.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

FactsAreUseless posted:

Myst series fans are crazy people. Somebody once physically attacked me for insulting Myst.

ya. it was me. and i will do it again bith

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kewpuh posted:

ya. it was me. and i will do it again bith
I'd laugh this off, but the only thing that keeps me safe is an elaborate series of clocks, locks, gears, pulleys, and lights.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
ive never played myst except for one time when i was like 12 maybe and it was christmas at my half jew cousins house and they obviously had a pc but he was a shithead and his name is seth and he dunked me in a pool once because he said that i scratched him but he wouldnt show me how to play it so gently caress it i guess

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Wasn't Myst just a bad old version of Five Nights at Freddy's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

A reminder, chim is told in a long volume where the ending is it is all useless why did you read all of this you idiot and people love it.

And then there is this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLpDDjGI8bM

Why is it so hard to grasp that if the green bar is low, you miss a lot and should probably drink a potion to get it back up?

• Locked thread