Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

01011001 posted:

i actually did like this game, minus the part where the pc port is real bad

what was wrong with it? i remember running it on high settings without any issue. it has controller support and you can turn off the voice commands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

oraga land shusai - best farmer shuukakusai is a pretty ballin game

you battle farmers to see who can meet their shipping quota first

the best part is where you throw rocks at kids who are tryna gently caress with your poo poo

it's pretty great

also the final boss is god, i'm not kidding

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 23, 2014

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Stink fag posted:

loving's Field IV

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Azraelle posted:

motherfucking Binary domain bitches, rear end-cool loving robot shooting gently caress poo poo simulator rear end loads loving yes murder suck my cock slut you know you want it

Mother-poo poo Yes!

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Azraelle posted:

motherfucking Binary domain bitches, rear end-cool loving robot shooting gently caress poo poo simulator rear end loads loving yes murder suck my cock slut you know you want it

o_0

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i often enjoyed playing snow bros, a fun arcade game in the vein of mario bros or bubble bobble. most of the fun was me and a friend fighting each other than fighting the enemies but that is just exciting emergent gameplay.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Mr. Pumroy posted:

i often enjoyed playing snow bros, a fun arcade game in the vein of mario bros or bubble bobble. most of the fun was me and a friend fighting each other than fighting the enemies but that is just exciting emergent gameplay.

There was a laundromat near me that had a Snow Bros. machine when I was a kid. It was the best thing when I actually had quarters to play it.

Me and my fiancee played for like six hours one day via MAME netplay. Our relationship was tempered in the fires of Snow Bros. intense PvPvE gameplay.

Snow Bros. is super good.

Phil Tenderpuss
Jun 11, 2012
stinking friend of the family nuts the movie: the game

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
loving ghost squad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTqONEwvsFs
because you have to break up all the wii zombie shooters with a wii soldier shooter once in a while

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRgCYOYjIN0

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH5_h5iowgc

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW4CDWyhxLw

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaFnWjqMkJA

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
jfk reloaded, you get to shoot the poo poo with a major president

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I used to play this game called Mendel Palace on NES and it was really fun and I feel like maybe not many people know about it. Basically you are Anime Mario and Princess Girlfriend is kidnapped and to get her back you have to shuffle the card floor at your enemies to smash them against the wall. There can be power ups hidden under the cards, as well as enemy generators and sometimes locks that make the cards unshufflable. Each world has a specific rad gimmick enemy like a sumo dude who stomps the cards in a line towards you or swimmer dudes who swim through the cards or artists who draw on the cards to lock them or create enemies. I believe there was a co-op element and you could choose the order you fought the enemies Mega Man style. Also this is its awesome commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JzGuhXqdRY

And now I'm totally going to buy this cart on Amazon and spend a lot of time trying to beat it, thank you that is my effort post of the month :)

EDIT: ALSO THE WORD gently caress A BUNCH :mad:

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Pookum posted:

Giants: Citizen Kabuto

bad rear end graphics that could barely run on most computers when it came out. its sort of like a first person RTS game with massive open levels. One guy plays a huge monster that eats other players. I wish the multiplayer wasn't dead because it is neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Sh_VuxYqBY

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I've beaten Aidyn Chronicles: The First Mage on n64 10+ times. That game had a lot of potential but was probably overambitious for the platform. The graphics are kinda lo-res, even for n64, because the gameworld was so huge they had to minimize the space textures used on the cart. I've never played a game with a battle and leveling system like it had. It had a lot of depth in terms of how you could develop characters and the story was decent for a late 90s RPG. Everyone should play it.

the gamefaqs message board for it is just one huge social thread for the 10 people who've ever gone there because nobody has heard of/played this game. Personally, I rented it from blockbuster as a kid and then just never returned it until they went out of business. Sometimes I think about learning how to decompile/rewrite n64 code and graphics to give that fucker the HD remake it deserves.

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
Obviously, none of you loving jerks ever played Rocket Jockey:

You are a dude riding on a motherfucking rocket. You throw out grappling hooks to latch on to objects to turn.

Sounds boring? Well, how about using your grappling hooks to grab other riders off of their rockets and drag their asses around as they helplessly flail about :

How about some kick rear end Dick Dale guitar riffs while you are flying on your motherfucking rocket?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZIWbfOkw34

The game ran like poo poo when it came out, and it had to get a patch for multiplayer. But, Jesus Christ, I remember playing it with four of my buddies and it was awesome as hell. Someone needs to remake this.

Dec 26, 2012

Silver Striker posted:

what was wrong with it? i remember running it on high settings without any issue. it has controller support and you can turn off the voice commands.

there was some weirdness with setting controls with keyboard and certain settings like turning off controller auto-aim wouldnt stick

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
rhythm heaven

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

SnotGrumble posted:

You are a dude riding on a motherfucking rocket. You throw out grappling hooks to latch on to objects to turn.

Sounds boring? Well, how about using your grappling hooks to grab other riders off of their rockets and drag their asses around as they helplessly flail about :

How about some kick rear end Dick Dale guitar riffs while you are flying on your motherfucking rocket?

The game ran like poo poo when it came out, and it had to get a patch for multiplayer. But, Jesus Christ, I remember playing it with four of my buddies and it was awesome as hell. Someone needs to remake this.

Holy poo poo! gently caress yeah!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Personally, I rented it from blockbuster as a kid and then just never returned it until they went out of business.
U are the reason they went out of business (good job)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*Begins coolly typing in a motherfucking space ship flying towards the sun on God drat hell fire about obscure video games that kick your prissy boy rear end here to Timbuktu*

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Wormskull posted:

*Begins coolly typing in a motherfucking space ship flying towards the sun on God drat hell fire about obscure video games that kick your prissy boy rear end here to Timbuktu*

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

darealkooky posted:

Azure dreams is loving sick and y'all should play it.
loving hell i went to find a youtube to see what it looks like and some crazy poo poo beat it in one four hour trip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wyww26kJkZo

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

SnotGrumble posted:

poo poo i played the demo of this for like a million hours

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Warship Gunner 2 bitches - build a bigass ship, stick a million guns on it, blast other ships, get bigger guns, repeat forever. its good

Metal Max - kinda the same thing only its an rpg where you drive tanks. put different guns and engines on your tank, blast fools, sometimes go into dungeons on foot. the Snes one was good, the ds one is japanese only but also good. havent played the ps2 one but might be good as well

The Guild is like crusader kings only with almost no combat and intrigue amped up to 11. become wealthy and ifluential in a renaissance era city and make everyone your bitch. dont play the sequel tho, its bad and dumb

Alien Legacy a cool rear end adventure / strategy in spaec

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

grate deceiver posted:

poo poo i played the demo of this for like a million hours

wasn't this one of the games were the demo is a so good nobody feels the need to buy the rest of the game?

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

i dont really to this day know how the full game looks like but the demo was basically three small maps each for a different game mode i think. i dont know if theres a career mode or if you upgrade you equipment or whatever, i spent hours just throwing dudes off their rockets, tieing them to stuff and setting up wicked traps

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

wasn't this one of the games were the demo is a so good nobody feels the need to buy the rest of the game?

hosed up if true
this game deserved people's money

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Phil Tenderpuss posted:

licensed games always suck tho

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

did anybody ever play gun valkyrie on xbox? it was pretty cool but I couldn't beat like the third level or something. thanks for listening

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
culdecept

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat these games are loving excellent! And yet, hmm... most are kind of obscure?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Awesome Welles posted:

project eden was a really weird third-person shooter with puzzle solving but it also had four-player co-op and you could grief the gently caress out of one another, those two points alone make it excellent

this was the first PS2 game i got as it was like $20 when I bought the console. it was a pretty cool game. i never beat the campaign due to getting stuck on some part with an elevator and, despite walkthroughs, not figuring out how to continue. I still think maybe the game was buggy and just broke.

the multiplayer was pretty fun too, driving the little robot thing around and owning your friends with it was rad

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ralp posted:

drat these games are loving excellent! And yet, hmm... most are kind of obscure?

Has someone been reducing the size of your avatar by like 5% every day for a month or something.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Has someone been reducing the size of your avatar by like 5% every day for a month or something.
eventually itll just be a single pixel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
T his thread has a lot of naughty swears

• Locked thread