Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
^^ a brilliant move on the part of vs by establishing themselves as a brand that fat people cannot wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

You're a former Navy officer, right? You guys are always fat

You're thinking of CPOs.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Miltank posted:

^^ a brilliant move on the part of vs by establishing themselves as a brand that fat people cannot wear.

Think of all the money they're saving on cloth and heavy tensile strength underwire.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Applewhite posted:

You're thinking of CPOs.

Oh I know about that. Just seems like every retired Navy O I've known gained 40 lbs and grew a gnarly beard within 2 months of getting out

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Booblord Zagats posted:

Oh I know about that. Just seems like every retired Navy O I've known gained 40 lbs and grew a gnarly beard within 2 months of getting out

It's tough to stay thin enough to fit through a scuttle for 20 years.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Booblord Zagats posted:

You know a lot about the proper way to wear women's swimwear.

Not really, but I know a thing or two about women. :dukedog:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

But it's a bad idea in the long run as the not-fat market will become a smaller and smaller niche and eventually be devoured entirely by the fat market.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

i feel bad for the models they just doing their job jeez

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

david... posted:

i feel bad for the models they just doing their job jeez

being held up for ridicule and public shaming

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
"eat a sandwich!" - something that would be shouted at a super thin model
"stop eating sandwiches!" - something that would be shouted at the ugly fat people that smell like garbage

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot
Im chill with fat ladies but i dont understand why i have to want to gently caress em? if you wanna feel sexy and stuff go ahead. I dunno i read that tumblr post "10 reasons why you must find me loving attractive" and she said she gets triggered when men arent turned on by her supergenius superfat transethnic multiple systems headmatestuff. But then i think that hey, some people are turned on by fats too, so whats the problem? and if im drunk enough id have sex with a fatty anyway. but of course i would romantically disregard a fat bae for a thinner one which is probably pretty bad, but at the same time i was pretty fat myself and no girl would touch me. some would talk to me and even worse, some women would feel good about themselves when they talked to me, like they gave me some time of day and that would make me happy. I dont go around screaming that women are shallow because they wouldnt gently caress me when i was fat, i was fat, and i was terrible at taking care of myself, i didnt eat properly or wash properly or anything.

but i dont like fat shaming either, because that leads to stuff like eating disorders among women (and men), which is like a billion times worse than being fat. being unhealthy isnt good. but you shouldnt be ridiculed for it. fat women are women too, but i dont think excess fat is attractive, so i wont like treat you worse i just wont flirt or be attracted i guess? whats the problemo?

puke pentagram
Jun 12, 2015

Blurred posted:

I know it's not the same, but a sense of humour, for example, is seen as important in a man, but do I really think it would benefit me - as a man of average comedy ability - to criticise professional comedians for setting unrealistic standards of comedy, and to then record a bunch of lovely, cringe-worthy jokes in protest? Wouldn't that just get more people to judge me according to my unfunniness?

Yep. I find it fascinating that since "equality" has become such a huge issue these people feel like they have a safe platform with which to complain and seek validation for things they either have no control over or can change themselves. It's almost like they're creating excuses so that they may continue being fat and gross.

Indubitable Leg
Aug 9, 2013
Yeah really, imagine just doing your goon job when some fatass rolls in, says "Oh so you think only you can do your job!?" Then puts on your clothes and rub themselves all over your monitors and poo poo and then rolls back out.

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's

Buschmaki posted:

In Men's Warehouse commercials it's, "You're gonna like the way you look, I guarantee it," for women's warehouse commercials it's, "Unless you look like this you are a fat piece of detritus dragging down this beautiful animal we call society."

men aren't going to buy something if you call us names were going to punch you in the dick. women will buy stuff if you make them question their self worth. I believe this is called Negging.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Booblord Zagats posted:

Looks like Grimace's sex change is going better than expected

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
I actually think the suits were good choices for all the body types. No one was falling out anywhere, and the big girls weren't in string bikinis. Nope they aren't models (the gal with just her back to us is cute) but the suits are appropriate.

gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

Certain women look good with a little chub because of fat ratio across their body. Some guys do too. However, fat people are gross and stop trying to force me to find you attractive with Jedi mind tricks and skinny shaming blogs.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Buschmaki posted:

In Men's Warehouse commercials it's, "You're gonna like the way you look, I guarantee it," for women's warehouse commercials it's, "Unless you look like this you are a fat piece of detritus dragging down this beautiful animal we call society."

this dad bod campaign is extremely harmful to hefty women

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

Blurred posted:

I can understand the logic of a stunt like this - that women are disproportionately judged according to their appearance rather than any other personal qualities, and that this isn't okay - ]

why is this not ok? am I allowed to judge someone on how they act, or is that not ok? or how smart they are? you have very little say in how literally smart you are yet its used a metric every single day to make or break decisions about someone. if im not allowed to say that the fat person in a swimsuit is less attractive than the model in the same swimsuit i think you need to check yoself

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
they should make those people wear a burka instead of a swimsuit since they are so disgusting plus they probably smell like old cheese

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Honestly that's pretty flattering on her.

I was gonna say maybe she should stand with her legs farther apart so as not to have that weird flesh press but then I realized she's already doing that.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Phobic Nest posted:

Honestly that's pretty flattering on her.

I was gonna say maybe she should stand with her legs farther apart so as not to have that weird flesh press but then I realized she's already doing that.

i think the one on the left is a lot hotter than the other one personally

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

they're fat and ugly

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Cowman posted:

they're fat and ugly

as are all women

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It's rare for advertising to call women names either. For both genders marketing tends to show an image of an attractive person wearing the company's clothes, with no attached message beyond our clothes look attractive on this person, you're unlikely to see anything that actually says if you don't look like this person you look like poo poo. That message is something that is perceived and that is where the gender difference lies, alongside differences in generalised anxiety, body anxiety, and sensitivity to perceived conformity pressures. The source of those internal differences is up for debate, but not on the internet where debating it will get you straight lynched.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i think the reason hot models get laid so much and people buy them things is because guys fantasize about having sex with "hot" babes a lot more then they do with "ugly" fat scumbags

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

dad gay. so what posted:

i think the reason hot models get laid so much and people buy them things is because guys fantasize about having sex with "hot" babes a lot more then they do with "ugly" fat scumbags

Enough about your sex life already

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

dad gay. so what posted:

i think the one on the left is a lot hotter than the other one personally

Yeah but there's something refreshing about seeing someone that shape who isn't trying to look like Snookie or making some other terrible fashion choice to be "fierce."

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Moon Atari posted:

It's rare for advertising to call women names either. For both genders marketing tends to show an image of an attractive person wearing the company's clothes, with no attached message beyond our clothes look attractive on this person, you're unlikely to see anything that actually says if you don't look like this person you look like poo poo. That message is something that is perceived and that is where the gender difference lies, alongside differences in generalised anxiety, body anxiety, and sensitivity to perceived conformity pressures. The source of those internal differences is up for debate, but not on the internet where debating it will get you straight lynched.

Or you just know you look like poo poo and that makes you sad and you lash out

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Phobic Nest posted:

Yeah but there's something refreshing about seeing someone that shape who isn't trying to look like Snookie or some other terrible fashion choice that will surely make you "fierce."

i think nicer, more expensive clothes are always going to make you look better than cheap kmart crap even if you are a disgusting piece of blubber that smells like raw sewage

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bPVT7azFEM

Really makes you think.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

that guy looks like chris farley in the gap skit

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Fierce is a good word to start using to describe physical appearance because it implies aggression, like their appearance is an assault.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Fat people are gross and probably have bad personalities to match, quite the opposite of fit people who are all pretty good all around

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

After reading this poo poo I get the impression that too many fattys are "smart, beautiful and interesting on the inside". There must be a real shortage of 'em that are terrible on the inside as well.
Where is the outrage?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bitch be lookin' like

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

You can not chose those glasses but she did, those are some fierce glasses.

e: She's the rarer kind of fat girl that wouldn't look way better if she lost the weight too

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I bet the models would be very nice to engage in polite conversation, the fat women would likely have little of interest to talk about and would quickly try to turn the conversation towards the latest hashtag based social justice campaign they're obsessed with

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Aralan posted:

I bet the models would be very nice to engage in polite conversation, the fat women would likely have little of interest to talk about and would quickly try to turn the conversation towards the latest hashtag based social justice campaign they're obsessed with

They might talk about cake. I like cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Aralan posted:

or food lol

edit: beaten

• Locked thread