Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

BWV posted:

Anyway, put Kyle and Kemba in the backcourt and stream a second game on twitch for all the 13 year olds voting Trae and Kyrie in.

13 year olds watching: *waiting for tacko fall to do the thing where he holds kyrie by the forehead and kyrie starts running in place*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Zogobot, who is the player that made an allstar team with the worst team record?

Love would be a real likely recent candidate.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

The 17 win season was a decade ago, father time is undefeated

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Billy won coach of the month!!!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Tae posted:

Didn't Darren Collison willingly retire? Why suddenly come back, did his religion require more blood money

churches are expensive, and based on the teams he wants to go to he’s trying to attract some celebrity investors

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Darren Collison is a bad guy

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

straight up brolic posted:

Darren Collison is a bad guy

sure he beat he wife but that was four years ago and he never admitted fault for it, so basically it’s like it didn’t happen and he shoots 40% from three so it’s all good

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Why is Trae Young getting votes at all?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Declan MacManus posted:

churches are expensive, and based on the teams he wants to go to he’s trying to attract some celebrity investors

LeBron joining a cult would be very apropos for our time.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Because he's scoring nearly 30 points a game

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1212866529433391107?s=19

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

The same reason why other non deserving players are

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
But at least the other non deserving players were good at some point or on a good team

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Lmfao this guy

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

But at least the other non deserving players were good at some point or on a good team

??

He's a high scoring, high assisting guard who is efficient and produces a lot. He's pretty good. Jabari Parker is the 2nd best guy on his team so I don't really know how many wins a player like him should get you when he's pretty much completely by himself.

But yeah, I have no problem with him getting decent amount of votes. East Guard lineup is not deep.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Some people mostly watch their own team. For example, I saw an undefeated Hawks team barely lose to my preseason pick for ECF champs and I thought Trae Young looked like a future MVP candidate.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Trae is really good

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Trae has been really good and should be an all-star

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The fans need to respect the fact the All-Star Game is for winning players on teams in the playoff hunt, such as Zach LaVine

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

Anyway, put Kyle and Kemba in the backcourt and stream a second game on twitch for all the 13 year olds voting Trae and Kyrie in.

Hey that sounds good to me. Kyrie would be 15 pounds overweight and lumbering up and down the court like he just smoked a pack of pall malls

Lockback posted:

??

He's a high scoring, high assisting guard who is efficient and produces a lot. He's pretty good. Jabari Parker is the 2nd best guy on his team so I don't really know how many wins a player like him should get you when he's pretty much completely by himself.

But yeah, I have no problem with him getting decent amount of votes. East Guard lineup is not deep.

Excuse me. JOHN COLLINS is way better than Jabari Parker!

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hey that sounds good to me. Kyrie would be 15 pounds overweight and lumbering up and down the court like he just smoked a pack of pall malls

Especially when he on that sauce

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

Maybe, but I'm not sure how much help he's been this season since he's mostly been in a suit behind the bench.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Maybe, but I'm not sure how much help he's been this season since he's mostly been in a suit behind the bench.

Nobody on that team has been much help considering they've won like 2 games. And now they will roast the Celtics tomorrow night to smite me

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jabari Parker and Chandler Parsons collecting those checks in Atlanta

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Why does your mom hate kissing?

She's seen the long term consequences it can lead to up close.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

colachute posted:

This is so STUPID. Fans should NOT VOTE ON THE ALL STAR GAME. Tacko does NOT belong anywhere NEAR an all star team. This is so DUMB!!!!

*a month and a half later*

What the gently caress the score was 217-195??? Players need to take this poo poo more seriously what the gently caress!!!?

The actual game is whatever but getting voted in does matter for contract incentives and dumb legacy poo poo so it is pretty dumb if Tacko gets in over a real player

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MelancholyMark posted:

The actual game is whatever but getting voted in does matter for contract incentives and dumb legacy poo poo so it is pretty dumb if Tacko gets in over a real player

They already fixed it so the fan vote doesn’t really matter

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

MelancholyMark posted:

Its just the fan vote man Tacko isn't making it anywhere near the ASG

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

Its just the fan vote man Tacko isn't making it anywhere near the ASG

Have you SEEN his per 36 numbers???

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You can thank Zaza for changing the fan vote mattering

nut
Jul 30, 2019

How much of Kendrick Nunn’s domestic battery charges contributed to him going undrafted? Just curious since I’m getting tired of him being referred to some magical undrafted find next to my beloved raptors, full of real hidden gems

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

nut posted:

How much of Kendrick Nunn’s domestic battery charges contributed to him going undrafted? Just curious since I’m getting tired of him being referred to some magical undrafted find next to my beloved raptors, full of real hidden gems

It was a significant issue iirc. He was a serious prospect in high scool.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm betting my life on a steven Adams tipoff

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Nunn is also 24 years old. He's been a very good rookie and it's a nice find but he's not some huge oversight. He's 5 years older than most of the guys who went in the first.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

morestuff posted:

They already fixed it so the fan vote doesn’t really matter

O yea I forgot about the Zaza disaster, carry on

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MelancholyMark posted:

The real measure of the best players in the league is all-nba teams anyway. The all star game is purely put on to entertain and take dollars from fans. Tacko isn't getting in anyway, fan vote is only 50%. The players and media vote will prevent him from getting in. IMO, the media shouldn't get a vote and it should be coaches (or a combination of coaches and gms.) Media guys do stupid things like prevent LeBron from being the first unanimous MVP because of feelings. Their opinions should be lumped in with the fans. Simply typing a bunch of stories about basketball and getting paid to do so doesn't make someone's basketball opinions better than the average poster here.

If I was a player that was on the fringe of getting voted in(or their agent), I'd pay a several grand for a Chinese click farm to vote the player in. I'd also pay off a few random lower tier media guys and players. I wonder what the punishment for getting caught would be. I don't think there are any rules against this currently.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 3, 2020

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Clarkson has been a god send to the Jazz bench lol, god they should have gotten rid of Exum so long ago

I'm sorry I kept believing in him

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Lowry looks like he hurt his ankle bad enough to rush to the locker room before a timeout even got called cut my life in2 pieces

Edit: it was his knee and he’s also back in court this is my last resort

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

my man alex caruso in a solid 8th place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
An 84-76 final? In this economyNBA?