Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Segmentation Fault posted:

Take the scope off, it becomes quite reasonable with ironsights or a 1x. Same goes for the SCAR-H.

I'm having a lot of luck with using the thermal sight on both. The thing about the kick is that it's mostly vertical, so you can learn to compensate for if quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
Aim for center mass, the kick will bring it up to the head. At least it does that pretty reliably for the scar.

Also, burst. Consider switching to single-fire if you're suitably far enough. The SCAR is my favorite gun because it just kills people so goddamn fast.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
made a for real roadblock with some guys in Hotwire. The role play is real

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Put the OSW into single fire mode, treat it like a DMR, get mad kills, unlock compensator, go back to full auto.

Getting to REP4 without having someone as a hacker is loving bullshit for real.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

camera coins are just so bullshit, I've been putting them up all up in the money piles and vaults and I have zero coins, I guess I'll try a 64p server or something

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

Put the OSW into single fire mode, treat it like a DMR, get mad kills, unlock compensator, go back to full auto.

I like muzzle brake + angled for the OSW and just burst it at mid/long range and full auto at close range. I only say this because compensator negatively affects accuracy while the muzzle brake doesn't.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

ethanol posted:

camera coins are just so bullshit, I've been putting them up all up in the money piles and vaults and I have zero coins, I guess I'll try a 64p server or something

Look for that {UN} United Noobs hotwire server. You have 1500 tickets or 45 minutes to do it, and I got at least one per round.

A good spot is the bridge on Everglades. I put one on the ramp facing one way, one in the side pass next to the ramp facing the other way, and one on the edge of the bridge facing toward the water/center of the map. I got :eyepop:two:eyepop: camera coins in one round.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I saw some guy loving lock down the gas station on Everglades with a scarh with everyone else rolling RPGs if you tried to hit it by car.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

ethanol posted:

Just grit your teeth and play some TDM to get the camera coins. When I wanted to get the MAC-10, it took me 4 rounds of normal TDM to get the five coins I needed.

The MAC-10 is awesome, by the way.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Knifegrab posted:

Jump on the camping the stairs mumble and ask for me. I like playing Hacker and I can reliably grind out eight upgrades in a match.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Segmentation Fault posted:

Jump on the camping the stairs mumble and ask for me. I like playing Hacker and I can reliably grind out eight upgrades in a match.

Will do thanks bud.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Well, looks like if you hold a grenade and get killed by someone it becomes their grenade and if you happen to be on a no explosives server you'll end up getting killed or banned. At least, that's what I just got back from. Also, it turns out the Double Barrel doesn't get covered in the auto ban of non-pistol weapons on some pistol only servers so Jeremy was going to town just now.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Does the suppressor reduce your damage at range like the BF3 days?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDaOwvH4Wx8

All bat/baton and knife takedown animations. Some of these are quite brutal.

^^^^^^^ It only lowers velocity and adds extra bullet drop/

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

ethanol posted:

A lot of these challenges are obnoxious or nearly impossible to unlock some of the guns.

I dont mind having to grind to get stuff but if its an all or nothing proposition where you can slam your dick in the door all night and make 0 progress it sucks.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm the dead space marker in the mansion map

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

A lot of these challenges are obnoxious or nearly impossible to unlock some of the guns.

I dont mind having to grind to get stuff but if its an all or nothing proposition where you can slam your dick in the door all night and make 0 progress it sucks.

visceral has said that a bunch of the challenges are buggy so just wait a bit rather than getting frustrated

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Game is good but some of those challenges suck. Itd be really cool if weapon licenses were like 500-750 instead of 1250, or just cost a ton of cash.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

TubeStank posted:

visceral has said that a bunch of the challenges are buggy so just wait a bit rather than getting frustrated

So much this.

Seriously stop burning yourself out on challenges that will be adjusted and cause you guys to get butt hurt when it takes half the effort to get the 300 knockout or whatever poo poo it is your grinding. Play the game and have fun playing the class you like, you don't need every unlock in the first month the game is out. Hell I know for a fact that a lot of you don't even have all the guns unlocked in bf4 and that has been out how long? Just give it some god drat time already and stop crying like a little girl with a skinned knee.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

xyigx posted:

So much this.

Seriously stop burning yourself out on challenges that will be adjusted and cause you guys to get butt hurt when it takes half the effort to get the 300 knockout or whatever poo poo it is your grinding. Play the game and have fun playing the class you like, you don't need every unlock in the first month the game is out. Hell I know for a fact that a lot of you don't even have all the guns unlocked in bf4 and that has been out how long? Just give it some god drat time already and stop crying like a little girl with a skinned knee.

The difference is in BF: H you can run into the very real prospect of having a gun you enjoy and only getting to use it half the time. Until you finish the horrendous grinding which is pretty sucky.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I don't get why you'd go through such lengths in your fps to restrict gun usage

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

xyigx posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDaOwvH4Wx8

All bat/baton and knife takedown animations. Some of these are quite brutal.

^^^^^^^ It only lowers velocity and adds extra bullet drop/

When I watched that video, the view number was at "187" :getin:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I think you can cheat the Interrogations score by spamming the button when you've KO'ed someone instead of just holding it.
Also holy poo poo how loving far does your dude stick his elbows out when holding the riot shield? :psyduck:

Croccers fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Mar 24, 2015

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I tortured myself through like 2 hours of dying repeatedly trying to unlock everything for the HCAR, and I'll say this, with all the stuff unlocked at point blank hipfire? that thing can be a serious murder machine. I've sprayed down an entire squad of people no problem. I think it would make a good DMR too, but I'm no good at judging distances.

I'm not really going for unlocks at this point, though I love to try to complete challenges, so it's hard to just enjoy the game and not want to cheese my way to a double barrel shotgun because holy poo poo they're OP.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Does anybody else have boosters that never seem to run out? I've set up a 30 minute 200% objective booster on my mechanic and everytime I go check it it's at somewhere around 27 minutes regardless of how long I've played. One time I checked it was at 10 minutes left, then the next game it was 27 again.

I mean it's cool and all, but I'm still also trying to figure out if it's just a UI bug and I'm not actually getting boosted because I can never tell when I am.

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
The double barrel shotgun is amazing and running around role playing Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is the best thing in this game.

Changing it to burst fire unloads both barrels at once and can do 50ish damage to a nearby car.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Smegmatron posted:

The double barrel shotgun is amazing and running around role playing Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels is the best thing in this game.

Changing it to burst fire unloads both barrels at once and can do 50ish damage to a nearby car.

At that point you could probably finish it off with a Desert Eagle as it drives away, or at least disable it.

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
What exactly are the requirements to get the double barrel shotgun? And are there any good shortcuts to it.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Kukash posted:

What exactly are the requirements to get the double barrel shotgun? And are there any good shortcuts to it.

1. Complete Enforcer Assignment 1
2. Complete Enforcer Assignment 2
3. Acquire Enforcer's gold star
4. Buy 10 Enforcer-specific weapons/items
5. Complete Enforcer Syndicate Assignment (which entails 200 shotgun/battle rifle kills, getting 15 ammo resupply coins, getting 15 ballistic shield coins, and reaching level 4 reputation 10 different times which is borderline impossible without doing it on a boost server)

Edit: Trying to get vehicle sabotages sucks, friendlies always just run up and take the vehicle after you've sabotaged it.

Dvsilverwing fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 24, 2015

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Did you just cheese the ballistic shield coins? I've never even come close to getting one in a round.

For sabotage, just try to hit the hotwire points. I've had good luck with B (the tanker) on downtown. It also helps to get the cars closer to the enemy spawn.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So I am thinking of picking this up because it looks fun. Just wondering though, are shotguns still viable like in previous BF games?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

various cheeses posted:

Did you just cheese the ballistic shield coins? I've never even come close to getting one in a round.

For sabotage, just try to hit the hotwire points. I've had good luck with B (the tanker) on downtown. It also helps to get the cars closer to the enemy spawn.

Your name is very relevant. Hop into Mumble when some goons are on and someone will meet you somewhere in the map and help you get the coins, but only do it if you know for a fact you have the Enforcer Syndicate unlocked (make sure the objectives aren't hidden when you look at the assignment in Battlelog). Basically, one or two people just get a repair torch and burn the poo poo out of your shield, it does damage at a fast rate and also doesn't break your shield like sustained fire from guns will.

jadebullet posted:

So I am thinking of picking this up because it looks fun. Just wondering though, are shotguns still viable like in previous BF games?

Yes, they are BF3 good at least, far better than BF4. In CQB maps, shotguns and super high ROF SMG's are the meta weapons.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Dvsilverwing posted:

Your name is very relevant. Hop into Mumble when some goons are on and someone will meet you somewhere in the map and help you get the coins, but only do it if you know for a fact you have the Enforcer Syndicate unlocked (make sure the objectives aren't hidden when you look at the assignment in Battlelog). Basically, one or two people just get a repair torch and burn the poo poo out of your shield, it does damage at a fast rate and also doesn't break your shield like sustained fire from guns will.

This looks hilarious in my head, but yeah I'll probably have to resort to that.

On a somewhat related note, I got into a shield duel with some guy at the very end of a round. We both ran out of ammo and slowly approached each other with our shields. Then he hit me with it and I died. :rip:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

jadebullet posted:

Yeah, they're great in this game, the enforcer/ammo class overall is good and popular

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

Yeah, they're great in this game, the enforcer/ammo class overall is good and popular

ahaha your av

I love that you made someone mad enough to spend money on a lovely unfunny red text av

:allears:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Eonwe posted:

ahaha your av

I love that you made someone mad enough to spend money on a lovely unfunny red text av

:allears:

It's definitely something

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Two follow up questions. Can you still load the shotgun with slugs and do people still accuse you of hacking and freak the gently caress out when you shotgun them at range?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

jadebullet posted:

Two follow up questions. Can you still load the shotgun with slugs and do people still accuse you of hacking and freak the gently caress out when you shotgun them at range?

The shotguns shoot too slow for slugs to be good. They were good in the beta when the shotguns shot as fast as a shotgun would shoot but not that they shoot as slow as a musket (like most video game shotguns) the slugs are rear end. And so is buckshot too I guess. Just use the SCAR or FAL if you plan on playing Enforcer.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The shotguns shoot too slow for slugs to be good. They were good in the beta when the shotguns shot as fast as a shotgun would shoot but not that they shoot as slow as a musket (like most video game shotguns) the slugs are rear end. And so is buckshot too I guess. Just use the SCAR or FAL if you plan on playing Enforcer.

The Spas-12 shoots as fast as you can pull the trigger. It's either a bug, or it was supposed to be semi-auto instead of a pump-action. Haven't tried any of the shotguns with slugs yet.

I like to have one of my Enforcer loadouts as [shotgun of choice], Bald Eagle + delta sight, ammo box, gas mask, gas grenades. Ridiculously effective anytime people cluster together. Sometimes I switch the ammo box for the shield, but I can't actually tell if it protects my back all that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The auto balance warning while you're on the winning side of a 1000 ticket beat down is like a 32 person Russian roulette

• Locked thread