Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

McKay you are a loving muppet. This Johnson Charles lad is quite entertaining, however.

E: god loving dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Who the gently caress is Ashton Ager?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Some guy that is in India to help his development or something. People seem to like him, don't really know why, maybe because it allows them to keep ignoring O'Keefe

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Semiru posted:

They started off in the 'best' way possible by doing bloody gangam style.

:ughh: a commentary box full of embarrassing uncles.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

The fielding tonight has been abysmal. A team of Haddin.gifs.

Speewah
May 28, 2011
Windies will be the first to put a cricket ball on the moon.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Props to the australian women for making their deliberate loss look convincing

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Scylo posted:

Props to the australian women for making their deliberate loss look convincing
Going from 130 for 4 to 156 all out chasing 165 is a pretty masterful piece of trolling, I have to admit.

Through gritted teeth, but I have to admit it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They'd much rather face Windies in the final and you cant blame them.

Makes the organisation of the tournament look as stupid as it actually is though. Should just be straight knock out after the groups.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

If they deliberately lost then they're genuinely a disgrace.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Pollard just Gangnam Styled haddin back to the dressing room

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel RichTea posted:

If they deliberately lost then they're genuinely a disgrace.

They could win and face either of New Zealand/England, 2 teams that could very easily beat them or lose and face West Indies, a team thats done well this tournament but aside from 2 players has no stand out performers.

What do you think they'd prefer?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I know, but it's still match fixing.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Is it match fixing if a guy who can't hit a boundary intentionally gets himself out so that someone else can bat so they have a chance of winning?

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
That'd be so disappointing if they threw the game

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

They never would have been in this position if the umpiring wasn't a complete loving disgrace.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

MacDougall posted:

Is it match fixing if a guy who can't hit a boundary intentionally gets himself out so that someone else can bat so they have a chance of winning?

Uh no because they're still trying to win the game.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's more entertaining if his team-mate does it against his wishes though.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Very nervous for this deciding game lads. Could go either way. Lots to play for.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I heard that the fate of England's test status rests on the result of this game.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

FFS Pakistan, stop being poo poo, you're meant to be the world No.1 killer not padding the loving Saffer's rating.

gently caress everyone in the SA team that isn't Amla or Philander.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Pakistan have one of the worst batting lineups in test cricket. They're even worse on any track with even the tiniest bit of seam movement.

Teams like England or South Africa running through their batters at home means very little, apart from the quick bowlers having the opportunity to shave a few numbers of their averages.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Can someone compile a graph of Steyn/Philander which shows when they get wickets compared to the age of the ball. I propose that they never get wickets when the ball is more than about 15 overs old.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Epic partnership.

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.

Quanta posted:

Pakistan have one of the worst batting lineups in test cricket. They're even worse on any track with even the tiniest bit of seam movement.

Teams like England or South Africa running through their batters at home means very little, apart from the quick bowlers having the opportunity to shave a few numbers of their averages.

This. Pretty much throughout their history, the only things that have stopped Pakistan's bowlers being an unstoppable matchwinning force have been a) Pakistan's batsmen and b) Pakistan's fielders. Well, OK, there's also c) the Pakistan Cricket Board and various other sundry distractions like getting banned for match-fixing (which you can blame the players for if you want, though if the PCB actually loving paid them it would probably happen less often).

Right now in world cricket there's sort of South Africa, who are good at everything, and then there's Pakistan who have great bowling, England who are South Africa but with spinners on their good days and Bangladesh on their bad days, and Australia who are better than you'd expect for a team that has one reliable batsman and an orthopaedic ward rather than an attack.

TobyObi
Mar 7, 2005
Ain't nobody Obi like Toby ;)
Nic Maddinson eats toasted sandwich on field mid game.

WHY IS THIS MAN NOT AUSTRALIAN CAPTAIN.

Terrible source.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is everyone AMPED for the EPIC DECIDER, in this THRILLING series?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why are the poms being so dismissive of this series? Afraid they'll lose I think.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Why are the poms being so dismissive of this series? Afraid they'll lose I think.

I'm from New Zealand.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

thehappyprince and Lionel RichTea have also been very dismissive and I'm not 100% sure but I think they're European.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

thehappyprince and Lionel RichTea have also been very dismissive and I'm not 100% sure but I think they're European.

Isn't it normal for everyone to be dismissive of t20, and then spend 3+ hours glued to their tv?

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Now that he's out, I feel safer saying that, that shot aside, I like the look of H Rutherford. How is he in the longer form?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Mister Chief posted:

tbf they are ranked 6th or 7th or something in T20s, it must be very discouraging to watch the likes of Broad and Dernbach continually lose.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its criminally depressing to watch Jade Dernbach

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Noxin of Shame posted:

Now that he's out, I feel safer saying that, that shot aside, I like the look of H Rutherford. How is he in the longer form?

Pretty good, but he seems to only really have one speed to his batting regardless of the format. With all the talk of McCullum dropping to 5 in the tests I guess Rutherford has as good a shot as anyone of opening in the first test.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Is Tredwell going to be involved in Prometheus 2 as well?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Drop Ross Taylor.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

Drop Ross Taylor.

He'd better sort his poo poo out before the tests.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Hmm, this plan of posting a big score by stealing byes through to the keeper isn't going too well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Jade Dernback looks like England's answer to Mitchell Johnson.

Dumb hair and tats. And he's poo poo.

• Locked thread