Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have some hot gameplay tips? I clicked the cookie a whole bunch and now I don't know what to do next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

The Duggler posted:

I've been using this, some scripts will mutli-click golden cookies but this won't.

bef gave this: setInterval(function() {if(Game.goldenCookie.life > 0)Game.goldenCookie.click();}, 100); and it works fine for me. Auto clicks golden and red cookies.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?

Blast of Confetti posted:

Does anyone have some hot gameplay tips? I clicked the cookie a whole bunch and now I don't know what to do next.

Click more cookies. Buy more grandmas. Never stop.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So now I'm getting 10,000,000 cookies a second and all I can do is buy super expensive upgrades and time machines at this point. What else can I do?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Cameron posted:

So now all I can do is buy super expensive upgrades and time machines at this point. What else can I do?

You can click the cookie.

FOREVER.

Sex Beef 2.0
Jan 14, 2012

Cameron posted:

So now I'm getting 10,000,000 cookies a second and all I can do is buy super expensive upgrades and time machines at this point. What else can I do?

Die.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

Oblivion4568238 posted:

So I have, for the time being, taken the Pledge, just to see where things went. The cascade is returned, the news is normal... but is it really? I know they are still there. Though appeased, did they really retreat from the world? Or are they just presenting a vision of normalcy to me? They keep saying "You could have stopped it," but aren't they the cause in the end?

This was just supposed to be some cookie baking. How could it have come to this? How can I know if a Pledge truly freed the world from madness, or if it's a lie?

FakeEdit: "gnaw" - grandma

"writhe" - grandma

It can't be. The world must still be ravaged by wrinkled flesh and cookie dough. The kittens... what have I done?

You could have just never bought any grandmas ever during the game. Its your fault.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Are the kitten worker upgrades worth it or should I just focus on getting more time machines?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The kittens are pretty amazing.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but how are those golden cookie clicking scripts supposed to work? Are they for a particular program? I'm definitely missing something.

ishootudie
Dec 12, 2003

Wittgen posted:

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but how are those golden cookie clicking scripts supposed to work? Are they for a particular program? I'm definitely missing something.

You need to put it into the web console in your browser. In Chrome, just right click anywhere and select Inspect Element. In the tab that comes up, click on Console and copy/paste the line of code in there. Other browsers should be similar.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
They are in javascript which is what Cookie Clicker is written in. Basically interval(<function>, <period of time in seconds>) will call that function after the period is over. The function checks to see if a golden cookie is active in a couple various ways and if so, forces a click to occur on it.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Cameron posted:

Are the kitten worker upgrades worth it or should I just focus on getting more time machines?

Kittens incredibly improve the effectiveness of milk, which itself becomes more effective the more achievements you have. Definitely do it.

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

Cameron posted:

They're worth it the more milk you have. You get milk from Achievements. Go to your stats and scroll down to the Achievements. Just above them is your milk production. You get milk(0-99%), chocolate milk(100-199%) and raspberry milk(200-???&). The higher the % the more it's worth to you.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Thank you. I got to learn something new and make more cookies. There is nothing greater.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SilverSliver posted:

They're worth it the more milk you have. You get milk from Achievements. Go to your stats and scroll down to the Achievements. Just above them is your milk production. You get milk(0-99%), chocolate milk(100-199%) and raspberry milk(200-???&). The higher the % the more it's worth to you.

I think you mean blood.

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

The Iron Rose posted:

I think you mean blood.

We don't scare them off this early dude. GeezUS.
That's it. I'm telling the Grannies. No loving way I'm getting in poo poo for your snafu. :colbert:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

I think you mean blood.

No, it's raspberry milk. Europeans are weird like that. (It was actually Raspberry juice before)

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Hey so if you resize your browser window down, the golden/red cookies will still appear on whatever amount of window space you designate, if you want to make it easier to see them when they appear. They won't appear off screen somewhere in the game.

Kind of not worth it though... as you can not as easily watch your numbers go up that way.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

:getin:

Gotta get those time machines

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

Wrist Watch posted:

That there is a virgin cookie. Wassamatta you?! :suicide:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Wrist Watch posted:

How about get everything without getting the cheating cookie? You disappoint me.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Mordiceius posted:

How about get everything without getting the cheating cookie? You disappoint me.

That's not 100% then :colbert:

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Mordiceius posted:

This is without cheating any cookies. I reset from ~600 million per second when someone posted about there being other shadow achievements for doing so with a billion/trillion cookies.

Ironically, I had to cheat to get the cheating one. I kept trying to cheat myself a single cookie or something but it kept making my cookie count NaN so I had to just put the achievement in manually. So technically, it's even more legit since I was too incompetent to figure out how to spawn any cookies in the first place. :colbert:

SilverSliver posted:

That there is a virgin cookie. Wassamatta you?! :suicide:

Had to get True Neverclick.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I refuse to merge my grandmothers minds into one. I'm starting to realize the more I play I started out doing something good, but somewhere along the line it became about creating more and more cookies and not about doing the good cookies bring. I've become a monster by opening portals to hell, killing thousands of miners in cookie mine cave ins, polluting the environment with chocolate slides from my farms, sink holes, global warming, slave labor, depleting rare resources, enslaving grandmothers who were WILLINGLY making cookies out of love. Opened portals to hell bring corrupted creatures into our world and distorting our own children's minds and bodies. Altered time and history, and god knows what else.

The only good I have ever done is bring cookies to space. I've decided that I will not merge the grandmother's minds, when I reach 100 time machines I'm shutting down. I'm getting rid of the time machines, I'm getting rid of the mines, the alchemy, the factories, the farms, everything but the hand made cookies by grandmas, sending them across the galaxy for all to enjoy, and my own fingers. That is all that will remain. I will undo the damage I have done.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 6, 2013

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
In my mind the cheating cookie achievement is a mark of shame, not a badge of honor. :colbert:

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

Slickdrac posted:

I consider it my clone doing my work when I have less important non cookie business to attend to :colbert:

I turn auto gold click off when sleeping though, that would be just outright cheating.

Golden cookie autoclick is like the most profitable cheat there is. No wonder you got 1 billion cps so fast!!

Pr0phecy
Apr 3, 2006

Al Borland posted:

I refuse to merge my grandmothers minds into one. I'm starting to realize the more I play I started out doing something good, but somewhere along the line it became about creating more and more cookies and not about doing the good cookies bring. I've become a monster by opening portals to hell, killing thousands of miners in cookie mine cave ins, polluting the environment with chocolate slides from my farms, sink holes, global warming, slave labor, depleting rare resources, enslaving grandmothers who were WILLINGLY making cookies out of love. Opened portals to hell bring corrupted creatures into our world and distorting our own children's minds and bodies. Altered time and history, and god knows what else.

...This makes more sense than it should.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Svartvit posted:

Golden cookie autoclick is like the most profitable cheat there is. No wonder you got 1 billion cps so fast!!

I also work from home, so it's not like I'm not right in front of my computer anyway while awake :v:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
This game makes me want to go to Costco and get their cookies. The golden cookie is obviously a Heath bar Cookie from Costco. Ugh I'm a loving goon.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Mordiceius posted:

In my mind the cheating cookie achievement is a mark of shame, not a badge of honor. :colbert:
I cannot let this slight against my cookie honour stand.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Slickdrac posted:

I also work from home, so it's not like I'm not right in front of my computer anyway while awake :v:

:reject::respek::reject:

Representin' the work from home crowd and their ability to achieve superhuman stats in video games.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I resisted the temptation of cookies until today. I've been playing for ten hours plus. I know what comes next and I feel like I'm about to cross a boundary I don't quite want to cross.

Help... me...

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trying to get to 1 bil cps, I almost feel like buying Time Machines since they give so much. Grandmas give a decent amount too but their price already surpassed 200 Cursors :suicide:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Wrist Watch posted:

I cannot let this slight against my cookie honour stand.

Your milk has become blood my god man! What have you done?

Philip Rivers posted:

I resisted the temptation of cookies until today. I've been playing for ten hours plus. I know what comes next and I feel like I'm about to cross a boundary I don't quite want to cross.

Help... me...

STAY PURE DO NOT GIVE INTO THE MISTAKES WE HAVE MADE STICK TO GRANDMAS AND FINGERS. REMEMBER THE REASON YOU"RE MAKING COOKIES!!!

Edit: Spaceships are fine too.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Sep 6, 2013

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Philip Rivers posted:

Help... me...

Don't be silly.

The research center p̶e͢rf͠e͢ctl̛y sa̡f́e ͜te̶c̡h͠nol͜ogy.͞ T͟h̶er͢e i҉s̨ n͜o ̵̢̀ć҉̛h͜a͞͏n̵͘ć̴e͢ ͝o̷̧҉f̶̴̛ ̴͏͢aǹy͏ a͝c̢͡c̨i͏̧d̵҉en̶̢t̢ ͏̛͟o͏͏̢r҉ ̀d͏̵isas̴t̡e̶r̷҉ ̵̢o͟͏r͏́͡ ̸̀͞ch͡á͢o͢͝s͠m̨͘͘i̢҉̢n͜͢d̵ a̛͞͠ŕ͝ì͘s̴̴͟i̸҉n̢͠g̸̶͘ ̵͟f̶̴r̢o̶͟m̛ ̸t̵͞h̸͢e̵ ̸r͠e͞s̶͝e͏͏a̸͞r͠ch c͙̣̟̲̭̘̺̤ͧ͑o̴͔͎̬̖̟̗̾̌̚n̩ͬͩͧͦ͜dͭͣ̂ͥ͂ͪ̍ͯ̚҉̖̳̟̦͈u͈͓̰ͬ̂c͎ͫ̍ͪ͘ť̥͐̃ͪ̔̿͌ͨe̹͇͍ͭͤ̇̂̋̋ͯ̕͘͠d̠͂̿ͣͩ̿̿͊͢ ̴̫͕̩̠̱̪͈͕͋ͩ͐̍ͥ͆͘w̟̫͉͖̥̬͈̩̄̓̽ͪ̓͜͠i̷̪̬͉͇̠̙̬̩̇ͪͨ́͌̉̎t̢͇̭̹̙̆͒̍h̸͍̤ͪͥͯ̊̿̇͟͞ì̷̮͉̥̥̀͊ͯ͐̉ņ̶͓̲̘͔̤̭̺ͦ͂͋͊̉̈̃̋͘ ̷̰̗̓ͪͣ̒̒ͯ̅̿͞a̧̛͗ͦͨͩͦ͏̞͓͕̯̭̬ň̷̨̛͓̦͓̽d̡̮̟̜̹̹͉̤̋ͨ͘ ̸͎͈͗̀ͬͭ͠t̳̟̞̊̊̾̿̏̀ͫ́͘ͅh̵͓̠̰͇ͮͧͦ̃͞e͉̻ͣ̿̿ͦ̀ͤͩ̿͘͠͠ ̷͈͎͕͍ͨ̆̄͑͗s̅͏̧͇̣̞͓͔͞ͅo̹̩̖̝̞͕͕̜̿̈́̉̊̽̎̑̉̇o̧̥͔̙͈͙̘̠̫ͩͬ͌͗ͨ͊ͥͅṋ͍ͫͣ͜͜e̢̝̪̙̱̹̩̰͖̦͊̽̂r͙͉̥̥̈́̔̓̉̀ ̰̳̼̟̺̭̐ͮ͊̊́̕ẙ͈̇ͣͣ̾̔̑̔o͌̄͊͂̈ͦ̿͘͝҉̣u̡͙̙̺ͭͮ͜͝ ̲͚͎͔͎͍̌ͧ͌̌̂̂͐b̸̡̭͈̰̦̭̦̟͓͚͗̉͛è̗̖̹̦̫̖̚g̴̞͒̑̓̏̃ͧ͛́i̶̲̲̞̣̱͒̃ͭ̑̀͠ṅ͔̟̐ ̢̊͒̍̀ͬ̾̅͒ͬ҉̘͙̹̭̪̗̼̳͔ṫ̛͑̀̐ͪ҉͖̘͉͔̜h̢̻̲̥̪͆̅ͬ̊̓ͤ͛͂͛͡e̙̳̲͖ͦ͐̌̒̈̄ͧͨ s̸̶̶̗̮̞̗̩͇͖̖͉̝̣̺̬͂́ͮ̑̓ͪ̏ͥͨͯͥ̅͟͡ö̬̹̘̼̖͔͔̼̣͇̝͎̤̭͓̹͚̓͛͂̋ͤ̓̕ő̐͆͑̑͐̚͠͏̱͔͚̱̥̲̠̲̗̫̙͖̲͓̺͍̕͞ͅn̨̧̓͒̋̈͛̎̽͊̓͑̄̚͏̢̻̯͚̗̼̺̜̼̺̺ͅe̴̴̢̜̟̮̦̟͙̭͇̻̲͎̗͉͇͓͖͍̹͗ͬ̎ͣ̔ͪ͆̏́̕̕r̫͖̹͕̞͕̬̜̖̫̥̦̲̦͉̞͍̟̈́̾ͮ̿̎͌ͣ̊́ͅ ̶̢̼̼̞͛̅ͬͬ̒͑ͮͤ̐ͣ͛͌ͩ͆̚t̸̸̞͍͖͓͗͑́͑̒ͭ̏̕͘hͩͧ̃̿̈́ͮ̿͒̚͏̡̛̯̩͓͇͔̖͓͍͉̠͔͈͍ē̴̢͚͈̰̪͕̣̯̣͚̫͍̜̟̘͚̦̜͗͑̈͆͛͘̕ ̸̬̬̺͍͍̭̩̐ͯ͂̊́ͮ̀ǧ̶̨͉̝̩̥̥̫ͬ̓ͬ̋̂ͫͣ̈ͭ̐͘r̷̫̦̞͍̠͍̪͖̥̝̃̏͊͋̈̊̎́́͡ͅeͮͯͥͦ̾̃ͫ̒̄̓ͭͫ̋ͤ̔̽̚͝҉̗̙̲͡å̫͇̬͈͚̤̰͕͕̼͕̼̞̙̱̟̮̉͌͐̔̆̉̍ͯͭ͛̍ͤ̋̚͟t͎̫͍͊͒ͣ̎ͭ̑̔́̕͘͜͠ ̴̡̨͈̼͖̣̣̣͔̫̗̫̻̹̮̲͌ͯ͗͌ͪ͗͋́̚ͅw̡̧̤̲̗͖̤̼̭̭͖̪͉̙͇̻̹̿̉̏̋ö́ͯ̐ͤ̊̊̊ͥ̈́ͤ̋́̇ͩ̎̚͜҉̸̯̳̭̝͚̗̦̻͎̮͔̰͘͞r̶̡͖̠̠̱̟̮͔͉̜̙̭ͦ̈͛̔ͯ͛͘͢͜ǩͯ͑̉̓͑ͫ͏̧̨̠̠͖̟̜̙͙̞̖͈͉̺̜͔̬͖̲͘͜ͅ ̸̷̢͓̦̟̳̦͍̮͊ͪ͑̓̽̃ͦ͠c̷̡͉̲̟͖̺̜̮̩̪̪̰̪̟̞͔͛̈̓͗̋ͨ̉̃̔ͦͫ̄͊ͣ̃ͣ̃̈͊ͅą̫̩̫̻̩̮̼̘͕̟͖̭̯͈̩̽͑̑͆ͣ̅ͥͪ̿ͥ̆̾ͥͫ͗̐͘n̎̃ͬ̋̈͊́̀͢҉͍̼͚̮͎͖͙͕͇͔̹̗͈̻͍̺͔̥̖ ̛ͭ̽͒ͣͫͯ̾ͤ̽͋̑̑̀̚̚͘͏͙͚̥̲̭̮͔̫͖̟͙̪͡f̛̗͉̫̟̼̞̣̰̣̟̝͓͓͐ͤͮ͌͊ͬ̄͑̋̐ͫ̒ͨ̈́͐̌ͮ͘͜ͅǐ̡̛̱̫̺̰̣̝͇̾̓̈̓̅ͨͭ͐͑͆͛͌͛̇ͦ̕͠n̨̗̖͍̼͙͍̖͙̩̩̱̰̝̋͛̊̾̇͆̒̓̾ͭ̄͌̽̎ͪ͐̒̚͜ȃ̶̩̥̦̺͕̭̹̬̺̳̖̯̭͕ͯ̀ͨͧ̇̀͊ͧ̈͆͗̑̔ͫ͂ͣ̚͟͞͠l̷͇̖̬̻͙̬̠͍̦̥͉̞̼̻̜̲̪̜ͤ̇́ͦͨͣ̔͒̂ͬ͒̾̃̋͆͐̈́͞͡ͅļ̛̻̭̖͖͍̲̩͓̖̮̖͍̜̗̋͆͆ͤ̾̂̅̆͌͛͂̿ͬ̉̇͞ẙ̵̴͎̗̤̥̲̳͖̼͖̪̺̦͈̞̪̰̂ͮͯͭͨͨ̌͋ͥ̌͋ͭͭͥͩͮ̚͟ ̵̨̜̠̰̲̹͚̝̟͙̠̜̮̤̦͕̼̦̋̓̓͋̑ͣ̎̓͆ͫ̂ͬ̚̕͜b̶͔̪̜̖̦̺͍͇̳̥͓͎̣́̿ͮ̓̎̅̅͐ͭ̇̅ͮ̐̅ͣ̚̚̕ę͔͖̮̝̗͎̱̱̰̞̯͋ͯ̎̀̀ͧͣ̄ͥ̏̃͢͟ ̈́ͧ̄̾ͥ͆ͤͧͥͧ̕҉̗̫̯͚͈͓̠͟ư̞̟͇̱̗̲͈͚̣̥͈͔ͧ͆ͯ͗ͪͯ̇ͤ̌̊̇̾́͘n̡̧̫̫͕͂̍̈̅̏̉̑̕͢ͅd̏̄͊ͭ̈ͥ̈́̎́҉̸̛͇̱̳̫̭̯̙̺͙͖̯ȅ̈̆̃ͮͦ̚҉̴͈͍͚͖̜̰͚̪̰̻̣̯̘̞̩͟ͅr̡̤͉̝̼̤̟̱̼͖̤̂͌͋ͪ̍̊ͮ̔͌̃ͬͭ̑͘͢t̸̛̛͚̲̩̫̞͔͚̮͇̥̏̑̾̍͐͆̄́ͅa̴ͦ̽̊̍̇͢҉̰͕͇̹k̴̸̶̝̞̟̲͕̂ͯ̋̊̒̌ͯͦ͜͟ȩ̶̎̃͐ͥ̅̾́ͩͧ͗͒ͥ̕҉̖̘̤̣̹̱̜̫͖͉͚͔̰͚͎ṇ̞̪͇̘̩̜̿ͩ̉ͦ̃ͩͥ͆ͨ̂ͨ̀.̶͗ͮ̅ͭ̉͋̃͗͆̈̿͏̶̱̰̭̪̬̫͍̜͜͡ ̷̸̸̑ͮ͐̂ͮ̓҉̨̺̫̝̙͚̬̯͔͇̦̝̪̮̫̯͖̯̫Ä̵ͦ͒̿̇̓̑̓ͧͪ̑ͥ̆̆ͬ͆̿҉͏̛̥̖͓̮̤͖̞̤̹̺̩̩l̸̾͒̊͑̃ͫ̉͆ͪ͛̇̉ͧ̋͂̈͐͊̇́͟͢͏̮̗̗̞͉̦̬͍̦͔̮͍̺͙ḻ̪̙̺̪̳̗̳͚͖̂ͭͭ̔͛ͦ͆ͪ́̚͝ ̶̴̧̛̜̭͚̳̖͈͖̯͇͑̿̎ͫ͗ͮ̃̓́h̸̘̯̝̼͐̑͂̓̑̅́̇̏͆̍͊̽ͩ̌̽ͨ̚͜͝ͅa̱̰̣̻̻̟̪̞͍̅ͤ͒ͭ̿͗̽͛͒͒̃ͮͨͧ̂͌͛̎̔͠i̡̯̘̻̘̓ͫ̃̓͘͜͟͟ͅͅl̦̯̺̠̙͍̟͓̯̤̣̫͖̒ͩ̅̀̌ͤ̅ͣͧ̀ͩ͗̚͘͘͟͡.̅̈ͨ̅̓̿̉ͨͭ̓ͧ͗͂̾҉̯͔͓̩̹̻̹͈̯̳̝̗̜̳͚

SilverSliver
Nov 27, 2009

by elpintogrande

Al Borland posted:

The only good I have ever done is bring cookies to space. I've decided that I will not merge the grandmother's minds, when I reach 100 time machines I'm shutting down. I'm getting rid of the time machines, I'm getting rid of the mines, the alchemy, the factories, the farms, everything but the hand made cookies by grandmas, sending them across the galaxy for all to enjoy, and my own fingers. That is all that will remain. I will undo the damage I have done.

This sounds like the reasoning of a chauvinist Grandpa. You don't want the Grannies to awaken because then they'd know they're in the kitchen for your perverse cookie making end game.
Let the Grannies sleep no more! The sleeper has awakened! The cookie is the Life!
It is by cookie alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the chocolate of sapho that cookies aquire speed
the dough aquire stains.
The stains become a warning.
It is by cookie alone I set my mind in motion.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Time to hit refresh :shepface:

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
I just got back from the grocery and.... for the first time in years, I bought a pack of cookies.

I'm not proud.

e: They taste good.

animatorZed fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Sep 6, 2013

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

animatorZed posted:

I just got back from the grocery and.... for the first time in years, I bought a pack of cookies.

I'm not proud.

Have you failed to get the moral of this game? You need to click the loving cookies! Or bake them since that's way faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
What happens if I get a lucky cookie while still in frenzy and have 126000 * c/s in the bank? Do I make 7 times what I normally would without frenzy?

• Locked thread