Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
and Lee had just barely started getting into ground fighting right before he died so that argument is out too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Look what that slick shit bought ya
A first class ticket to Lucifer, real name Christopher

proof of concept posted:

weight classes exist for a reason OP

I agree, dog. Counterpoint: several posters insisting that Bruce Lee would whip Tyson's rear end.

Suck a dick.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

proof of concept posted:

and Lee had just barely started getting into ground fighting right before he died so that argument is out too

That is so fascinating. I just can't get enough information about Bruce Lee, you kmow!?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Cold and Ugly posted:

That is so fascinating. I just can't get enough information about Bruce Lee, you kmow!?

the "arm bar" at the beginning of Enter the Dragon tells the whole story re: Lee and ground fighting, you know?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cold and Ugly posted:

You're like the third of fourth loving dude to mention Ali in this thread. I don't really have any opinion about him. Just know that he's a stone cold retard now, and Mike Tyson is at least semi coherent. Even has hobbies like pigeons and acting in Adult Swim cartoons and poo poo. So it kind of sounds like Tyson could dodge punches better.

Ali turned out to have a genetic predisposition towards Parkinson's, which was greatly accelerated due to his fights. it's why he never wanted his kids to box, even though his daughter did anyway and owned hard (but got out before her brain turned to shaky pudding):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW6NSe3U6JU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Mike would win because Bruce would take the dive money.

Oh wait I mean uh because boxing is totes real and not fixed, nope no established history of Don King paying fighters to take dives to see here, move along now.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
See the thing is if you add Micheal Myers to the equation he won't accept any dive money and the fight can't be fixed anymore because the other opponents would be fighting for their lives

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
professional boxing turns you into a slurring, mumbling, child retard. there was this documentary about frazier's relationship with ali and in the interviews with frazier in 2000-something he came across as a committed retard idiot like his whole face and mind got smeared with numbing gel. he could barely focus his eyes he was so permanently concussed

Rainbow Bells
Oct 10, 2010

You Cussin' with Me?
Don't see too much kung fu in mma. I'm thinking there's a reason for that.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Because their illegal techniques are too deadly.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Here is a clip where a still mostly-coherent Ali is on Arsenio and they spring a surprise appearance from Mike on him, check out his reaction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIIqgr1XO8M
really the insight from that is that Mike respected Ali (obviously) but Ali also had lots of respect for Mike. Mike had his weaknesses as a boxer, even before Don King got his hooks into him and made him start to believe his own press, but in his prime Tyson would be an opponent that no boxer in history could safely look past, period.

So since Ali was scared of young Mike, and since Bruce Lee said he thought Ali would kill him then by the transitive property of MMAth Tyson would punch Lee into custard
QED

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I liked the Balrog vs Fei Long comparison. After all those two fighters were modeled after tyson and lee.

Let's take some bets and then run a ten match simulation? I'll put a platinum upgrade on Fei. Long if someone will put up a sixer of Swami IPA behind balrog.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Ali turned out to have a genetic predisposition towards Parkinson's, which was greatly accelerated due to his fights. it's why he never wanted his kids to box, even though his daughter did anyway and owned hard (but got out before her brain turned to shaky pudding):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW6NSe3U6JU

That loving sucks, man.

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

Orkin Mang posted:

professional boxing turns you into a slurring, mumbling, child retard. there was this documentary about frazier's relationship with ali and in the interviews with frazier in 2000-something he came across as a committed retard idiot like his whole face and mind got smeared with numbing gel. he could barely focus his eyes he was so permanently concussed

Thanks for your insightful commentary.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
There's a famous photo of Bruce Lee throwing a kick at the camera and you can clearly see the guy's shoe size(37) which is like 6 in America. lol Dude was baby sized. If he threw a kick at me I'd catch his leg and caber toss his tiny rear end across the room. If Tyson was coming after me, I'd cry and pee....

Cold and Ugly
Jun 1, 2006

ZombieParts posted:

There's a famous photo of Bruce Lee throwing a kick at the camera and you can clearly see the guy's shoe size(37) which is like 6 in America. lol Dude was baby sized. If he threw a kick at me I'd catch his leg and caber toss his tiny rear end across the room. If Tyson was coming after me, I'd cry and pee....

Hhaahahahah.

The Core
Feb 17, 2011
I think we all know what would happen, they'd be fighting and then this will be played suddenly during the fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guG9cVs3ms4

And Hulk Hogan would come out and cool both of their asses with a folding chair.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
I remember having this exact discussion on GameFAQs in 2000. I forgot who we decided would win though.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Mike Tyson within like two seconds

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Network Pesci posted:

I remember having this exact discussion on GameFAQs in 2000. I forgot who we decided would win though.

gamefags lol

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I love the idea that ~king fu magic~ or whatever could take Tyson down before he broke your brain beyond repair. The best boxers are loving quick too. YouTube Ali in his prime and just watch his feet.

Bastastic
Jun 20, 2010

Conor McGregor would have knocked them both out in the first round

Hydrocodone
Sep 26, 2007

Lee because sweep the leg.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Start at three minutes info this: Ali dances around Liston almost taunting him and does matrix style dodges and just puts a few devastating punches in to win. He's just as quick as a mystical oriental. I don't know Tyson as well but all good boxers focus on movement and footwork a ton. Bruce lee would get owned http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n_0oTlgcjfE

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

If it was a fight in a ring and with rules I'd expect Mike Tyson to win. If it was some kind of no-holds-barred brawl I'd expect Mike Tyson to pass bits of Bruce Lee's hair and teeth with his next bowel movement.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bishop posted:

Start at three minutes info this: Ali dances around Liston almost taunting him and does matrix style dodges and just puts a few devastating punches in to win. He's just as quick as a mystical oriental. I don't know Tyson as well but all good boxers focus on movement and footwork a ton. Bruce lee would get owned http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=n_0oTlgcjfE

that was no phantom punch either
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prxnGjKjxoo
he planted his back foot an nailed Liston with a textbook cross counter while Liston was moving forward which is a recipe for a KO no matter how you slice it

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

proof of concept posted:

that was no phantom punch either
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prxnGjKjxoo
he planted his back foot an nailed Liston with a textbook cross counter while Liston was moving forward which is a recipe for a KO no matter how you slice it

It looks so...

I don't even have a adjective.

Like he barely loving touched him and then totally missed what should have been the KO punch.

Pecked To Death
Jun 27, 2004

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
He more then barely touched him, you can see the guys head jolt when he connects

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
list of bruces that would wreck iron mike:

lee
le
lei
leh
li
liu
willis

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

It looks so...

Like he barely loving touched him and then totally missed what should have been the KO punch.

the KO punch already happened, look at how Liston's head gets rocked, and the shock wave it sends down Liston's back and also down Ali's right arm and pec. The fight was done, he didn't need the second punch he threw reflexively at Liston's collapsing form and happened to whiff

e. also if you watch the original full speed broadcast you can clearly hear the impact of the punch over the crowd noise, it was a hell of a shot

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 18, 2015

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Cold and Ugly posted:

I think probably Bruce Lee.

yea he will probably be broken into pieces

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

VendaGoat posted:

It looks so...

it's so quick I had to watch a couple of times to catch it. He just loving devastated him

Point being if a dude from Louisville Kentucky has the Kung fu magic gene then we know what the answer to this thread's question is

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Don't misunderstand me here. I get it was a devastating punch. It just doesn't look like one.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
What if Miyamoto Musashi joins in and all fighters get access to swords (or machetes)?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
And only because every time I talk about Ali this runs through my mind, I have to post this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Marciano
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LPddiQXD9c

He beat Joe Lewis' rear end
____________\

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat posted:

Don't misunderstand me here. I get it was a devastating punch. It just doesn't look like one.

if you mean in real-time, I agree
if you are talking about the slow motion vid I posted then you are off your drat rocker
I like your av a whole lot

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Dresh posted:

What if Miyamoto Musashi joins in and all fighters get access to swords (or machetes)?

Meyers has a good shot at taking down Musashi, unless oars are an option.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

proof of concept posted:

if you mean in real-time, I agree
if you are talking about the slow motion vid I posted then you are off your drat rocker
I like your av a whole lot

Thank you.

Tell you what. Chalk it up to me not having enough experience with boxing to notice a KO punch when I see one.

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003
it would be a massacre. bruce lee's blood and guts everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yeah, Ali was insane. Possibly the best athlete humans will ever see. Unlike Tyson, Ali would fight the best boxers of all time, fighters that are still revered as greats, and Ali would go full on matrix bullet-dodging on their asses. Please stop comparing him to Tyson, that makes me weep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezXbEL4hB7A&feature=youtube_gdata

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jan 18, 2015

• Locked thread