Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i cannot believe roh brought back red scorpion and greywolf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I saw them in wheeling last year and it ownedddd

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

TUS posted:

If Regal was there then they were definitely scouting SOMEONE because....

https://twitter.com/DeathToAllMarks/status/624800844672823296

At CWF Mid-Atlantic tonight they ended the show with a tribute to Andrew and Trevor and basically told us that soon we wouldn't be seeing them anymore.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

I saw them in wheeling last year and it ownedddd

I was gonna say I know I saw them at a ROH show once, that was it.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

DM Punk posted:

I found a team on the indies more of a LOD rip off than the Ascension is. I give you the Bloodbound Warriors:

They look cool as hell

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
The guy on the right has quite the 80s muscle gut physique.

A look that is sadly missing in wrestling today.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

DM Punk posted:

I found a team on the indies more of a LOD rip off than the Ascension is. I give you the Bloodbound Warriors:

Pixels 2: Rise of Fire Pro.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Listening to Meltzer talk about Threemendous, and I love how hard he was repping Bailey vs Hero. That was one of the best matches I have seen all year. It built so perfectly, and by the end the place was totally on their feet for Mike Bailey. It seriously got so drat loud in there. It really shows how much of a pro Hero really is.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

They look cool as hell

The dude on the left, Grey Wolf, nearly killed Mark Briscoe when he dumped him over the top rope to the floor. They won me over at that moment.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The_Rob posted:

Listening to Meltzer talk about Threemendous, and I love how hard he was repping Bailey vs Hero. That was one of the best matches I have seen all year. It built so perfectly, and by the end the place was totally on their feet for Mike Bailey. It seriously got so drat loud in there. It really shows how much of a pro Hero really is.

Loudest I've heard that building pop (except for Super Dragon's return, but I really don't count that) since the ACH/Omega match at BOLA. It was so, so good, definitely my MOTN which is saying something because Tozawa/Ricochet and Evans and Angelico/Young Bucks were both also fantastic. Is that a subscriber-only podcast or is there a way I can listen to it, I'd love to hear Big Dave's thoughts in depth in comparison to the quick-and-dirty writeup he did on F4W right after the show.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Loudest I've heard that building pop (except for Super Dragon's return, but I really don't count that) since the ACH/Omega match at BOLA. It was so, so good, definitely my MOTN which is saying something because Tozawa/Ricochet and Evans and Angelico/Young Bucks were both also fantastic. Is that a subscriber-only podcast or is there a way I can listen to it, I'd love to hear Big Dave's thoughts in depth in comparison to the quick-and-dirty writeup he did on F4W right after the show.

Yeah it's subscriber only. I am sure there will be a write up or something. He didn't talk too long though. He just said that he had an awesome time, loved the crowd. He said if you like big fast spots then Angelico/Evans vs the Bucks was match of the night, but it sounds like he favored Bailey vs Hero. He thought that Angelico was an awesome worker, and he said he wants to try to go to more shows in the future. He also said he wants to try and be at Bola night 1.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Speedball was an unannounced opener for Beyond Wrestling and its gotten better from there

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

How was the match? He faced Danny Cannon correct?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Match was good and yes it was against Cannon. Crowd was hyped since Bailey wasn't scheduled.

I'll let Durk do the full review but Americanrana was awesome!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Americanrana was very fun with some short unpromoted matches that were basically cameos.

Surprise Match: Speedball d. Danny Cannon **½
Good opener but short.

The Kingdom d. Biff Busick & Drew Gulak *
Very short with a ref distraction finish. If Biff couldn't go he should have been replaced or worked around it. Drew seemed fine. This was a lovely compromise.

Corvis/Qwest d. Stone/Kaye, Symbiote, and Da Hoods ***
Good action. Insane top rope rana to the floor. Short Symbiote cut his head open. Shocked that Stone and Kaye were not the dumbest people in a match for once.

David Starr d. Gargano **½
Starr is bad but the match got good toward the end. Then came the ref bump finish.

Beaver Boys d. Brian Myers & Ryan Galeone ***
John Silver's tiny strongman gimmick never gets old.

Casket Match: Matt Tremont d. Stockade ***½
They had a proper casket and not a shameful indie version. Water jug on a stick is the funniest weapon. Gross bumps onto cinder blocks and some construction materials that were basically cheap yardsticks with tacks in them.

Surprise Match: Unmasked Silver Ant d. AR Fox. ½*
Super short but a free AR Fox match is always cool.

Best Friends d. Dan Barry & Dick Justice ***½.
Very good. Bill Carr broke his foot in Reseda. Great sequence of Dan teaching Dick how to wrestle. Chuck said we were all his best friends but nothing about retirement. Dan Barry was murdered by Darius Carter and henchmen after the match.

Donovan Dijack d. Brian Fury ***½.
Started slow but built perfectly even after a dumb ref bump (the same guy!). I guess they wanted Dijack to be a heel even though he was doing moonsaults and kicking rear end. Blew away my expectations.

Team Pazuzu d. Nick Fuckin' Gage, Shynron, Da Hit Squad, & Eddie Kingston ****
Crazy brawl. There was a lot of cool stuff in the ring I missed because Dickinson and Jaka reignited their war against merch tables and tried to kill everyone on the bar side. I missed a Pazuzu guy climbing to the balcony and saw Shynron go up and return as a different person. Not enough Gage and Shynron teamwork but they are my tag team of the year on paper.

Kimber Lee d. Heidi Lovelace ***
Good. Went just the right time. False finishes were kind of meh since Heidi was obviously going to lose.

Death By Elbow d. The Young Bucks ****
Chris Hero is fantastic. There was a funny sequence where everyone tried a people's elbow but got cut off by the next guy. Mediocre Davey Richards promo by Hero but he won me over by requesting Mmmbop to close the show.

Next Providence shows are 8/30 and 9/26. Beyond debuts at the armory outside Boston on 9/27.
XWA announced their November card. Biff (not signed to NXT I guess) vs. AJ Styles. Team Tremendous vs. The Wolves. Also lots of ROH invasion bullshit.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Pretty much agreed with all the above. I missed Tracy Williams vs Ar Fox since I was still outside so sounds like I didn't miss anything. Very fun show worth checking out that's for sure.

Davey Vega (I think I said Danny on twitter) did the Rana to Chris Pyro and Davey smashed his head on the ring steps on his way down. Very nasty and scary.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Americanrana was very fun with some short unpromoted matches that were basically cameos.

Good opener but short.

Very short with a ref distraction finish. If Biff couldn't go he should have been replaced or worked around it. Drew seemed fine. This was a lovely compromise.

Good action. Insane top rope rana to the floor. Short Symbiote cut his head open. Shocked that Stone and Kaye were not the dumbest people in a match for once.

David Starr d. Gargano **½
Starr is bad but the match got good toward the end. Then came the ref bump finish.

Beaver Boys d. Brian Myers & Ryan Galeone ***
John Silver's tiny strongman gimmick never gets old.

Casket Match: Matt Tremont d. Stockade ***½
They had a proper casket and not a shameful indie version. Water jug on a stick is the funniest weapon. Gross bumps onto cinder blocks and some construction materials that were basically cheap yardsticks with tacks in them.

Surprise Match: Unmasked Silver Ant d. AR Fox. ½*
Super short but a free AR Fox match is always cool.

Best Friends d. Dan Barry & Dick Justice ***½.
Very good. Bill Carr broke his foot in Reseda. Great sequence of Dan teaching Dick how to wrestle. Chuck said we were all his best friends but nothing about retirement. Dan Barry was murdered by Darius Carter and henchmen after the match.

Donovan Dijack d. Brian Fury ***½.
Started slow but built perfectly even after a dumb ref bump (the same guy!). I guess they wanted Dijack to be a heel even though he was doing moonsaults and kicking rear end. Blew away my expectations.

Team Pazuzu d. Nick Fuckin' Gage, Shynron, Da Hit Squad, & Eddie Kingston ****
Crazy brawl. There was a lot of cool stuff in the ring I missed because Dickinson and Jaka reignited their war against merch tables and tried to kill everyone on the bar side. I missed a Pazuzu guy climbing to the balcony and saw Shynron go up and return as a different person. Not enough Gage and Shynron teamwork but they are my tag team of the year on paper.

Kimber Lee d. Heidi Lovelace ***
Good. Went just the right time. False finishes were kind of meh since Heidi was obviously going to lose.

Death By Elbow d. The Young Bucks ****
Chris Hero is fantastic. There was a funny sequence where everyone tried a people's elbow but got cut off by the next guy. Mediocre Davey Richards promo by Hero but he won me over by requesting Mmmbop to close the show.

Next Providence shows are 8/30 and 9/26. Beyond debuts at the armory outside Boston on 9/27.
XWA announced their November card. Biff (not signed to NXT I guess) vs. AJ Styles. Team Tremendous vs. The Wolves. Also lots of ROH invasion bullshit.

oh man i should have looked harder for goons!

i was there took a bunch of pics and shot the poo poo with chuck and speedball for a while. So tired, voice is dead.

I think all of your ratings are pretty spot on, and holy poo poo chris hero's offense looks so loving painful in person. It sounds bad on tape but holy loving poo poo he is amazing.

Donovan Dijack d. Brian Fury <--- my match of the night aside from the main and the crazy rear end brawl with kingston and everyone.

It was kinda confusing because Dijack was working super heel but also hitting amazing spots. It was the match with the best story of the night, and Dijack is a huge huge man.

Also that casket match exceeded all expectations. Two giant hosses that barely looked like they could move tore the house down with a main event caliber match. There were some sickening bumps and spots all over the place.

bean mom fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 27, 2015

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

that casket was the real fuckin deal

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

Pretty much agreed with all the above. I missed Tracy Williams vs Ar Fox since I was still outside so sounds like I didn't miss anything. Very fun show worth checking out that's for sure.

Davey Vega (I think I said Danny on twitter) did the Rana to Chris Pyro and Davey smashed his head on the ring steps on his way down. Very nasty and scary.

someone said Silver Ant's match was basically him squashing AR Fox.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

someone said Silver Ant's match was basically him squashing AR Fox.

that that's pretty accurate.

the entire match was Ar fox throws him outside, does three dives, they get back in the ring, ar fox gets rolled up for the 3

also ar fox has good after show :catdrugs: :ninja:

I chatted up whoever was free after the show. I told Chuck Taylor that he was swell and told Trent that he's alright. Asked them about the Teddy Hart Best Friends Show and got :stare:. "on a scale of 1-10 how terrified were you during that shoot. 'Trent:"11 and for the record I didn't even want to do that show but I was drunk" They were amazed I had watched it all the way through, because they can't bring themselves to watch it.

Also its a little weird standing next to Chris Hero and being taller than him :aaa:

Speedball is the nicest little canadian dude. Really humble and we talked karate for a bit. Also he is a tiny, tiny man.

bean mom fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jul 27, 2015

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm surprised to hear Carr broke his foot on Friday, that match was so short I have no idea when he would have even done it. Maybe they went home early because he was hurt, but unless he broke it doing the Destroyer I can't even think of any moves he did that would have put much stress on his foot in that match.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

I'm surprised to hear Carr broke his foot on Friday, that match was so short I have no idea when he would have even done it. Maybe they went home early because he was hurt, but unless he broke it doing the Destroyer I can't even think of any moves he did that would have put much stress on his foot in that match.

Either way, we got a Dick Justice Kipup which might have been one of the highlights of the night

(a three man assisted kip up but he got back to his feet!)

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

also a lot of really good wrestlers need to up their tshirt game, most of their designs were horrific would never wear.

I got the obligatory Bullet Club T shirt but got both Matt and Nick to Sign on the white part which is cool.

I told them if they remember, to tell Kenny Omega that I think he's my spirit animal.

Probably the best shot i got all night

bean mom fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Jul 27, 2015

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If I realized goons were going to be there and chatting up wrestlers I would have told you to congratulate Speedball and Hero on their amazing match for me. I don't stick around post-show at PWG because I have to drive for two hours to get home. I also feel really weird approaching wrestlers at shows but maybe I'm just neurotic, the only time I've ever done it was to Zack Sabre at BOLA last year because his style was just so unlike anything I'd ever seen before that I just had to tell him how much he impressed me that weekend.

Does Speedball even have merch yet? I've never seen him selling any in Reseda.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Grozz Nuy posted:

If I realized goons were going to be there and chatting up wrestlers I would have told you to congratulate Speedball and Hero on their amazing match for me. I don't stick around post-show at PWG because I have to drive for two hours to get home. I also feel really weird approaching wrestlers at shows but maybe I'm just neurotic, the only time I've ever done it was to Zack Sabre at BOLA last year because his style was just so unlike anything I'd ever seen before that I just had to tell him how much he impressed me that weekend.

Does Speedball even have merch yet? I've never seen him selling any in Reseda.

I did that for their matches tonight! I haven't seen Speedball vs Hero yet and I'm excited to hear about it

I talked to Speedball about merch, I was like "let me give you some money some how" and he mentioned how his visa and the border make things complicated merchwise.

Also Beyond announced a companion to BOLA with the BONER, The Battle of New England: RhodeIsland

And a girl planted in the crowd that seemed like a waitress who I was going to order a drink from interfered in a match and got burning hammered after an unsuccessful bop to the head with her serving tray. The idiot next to me thought it was a shoot, and I was like yeah, Im sure

bean mom fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jul 27, 2015

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Stockade brains Tremont with the jug on a stick. With sound!
http://webm.host/eda7e/

Balcony dives are interesting when you're watching from under the balcony.
https://gfycat.com/CarefreeEmbellishedCricket
https://gfycat.com/IdolizedMeatyIceblueredtopzebra

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Stockade brains Tremont with the jug on a stick. With sound!
http://webm.host/eda7e/

Balcony dives are interesting when you're watching from under the balcony.
https://gfycat.com/CarefreeEmbellishedCricket
https://gfycat.com/IdolizedMeatyIceblueredtopzebra

ha i can see myself in the jug webm

i have video of the balcony dive whenever it uploads

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2rZUmzIkX4zUmdBbmNGUkRkZTA/view?usp=sharing

sorry for my nasal NO NO NO WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS

bean mom fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jul 27, 2015

Cultlife
Jan 1, 2012

Good opener but short.

Had Drew been hurt? He seemed to somewhat disappear off the shows he's usually on after the latest WWE Tryouts, I'd assumed he'd decided to take some time off or something.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Drew seems fairly active still. He did a few interviews pluggin CZW Gym Wars:
http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=2921&page=4

Reading twitter the Chuck Taylor retirement and the NXT rumours seemed to have felt some of the fans yesterday confused.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

rovert posted:

Drew seems fairly active still. He did a few interviews pluggin CZW Gym Wars:
http://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=2921&page=4

Reading twitter the Chuck Taylor retirement and the NXT rumours seemed to have felt some of the fans yesterday confused.

NXT rumours?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gargano, Busick, Gulak and Chuck were all at the May tryout. Rumours abound. Their statuses haven't been reported by a PWInsider or Wrestling Observer yet.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

rovert posted:

Gargano, Busick, Gulak and Chuck were all at the May tryout. Rumours abound. Their statuses haven't been reported by a PWInsider or Wrestling Observer yet.

What about TMDK?

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Chuck Taylor is the best. When I went up to his table, he busted out WWF Trivial Pursuit and asked a couple questions. (Fun Fact, neither Chuckie T nor Trent knew who Arnold Skaaland was)

It was weird having the wrestlers come out from the other end of the venue from last time, But the makeshift walking paths were well done, except the 2 or 3 times, the little "pocket" I was in couldn't decide where to be so I end up just standing in front of a couple wrestlers like an rear end in a top hat.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Davey Vega ended up getting 18 staples on his head after that rana last night.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Davey Vega needed EIGHTEEN staples. After he rolled in the ring to take the fall, you could see a flap of skin with hair swinging around, like he got scalped. I even saw Page say "It's bad" after the match.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

What about TMDK?

Rumor was they did really well and got offered a deal, but that hasn't been confirmed by anybody yet and Shane Haste hurt his knee at a NOAH show a few weeks back so it could be a Willie Mack situation where their contract gets pulled over medical issues.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Grozz Nuy posted:

Rumor was they did really well and got offered a deal, but that hasn't been confirmed by anybody yet and Shane Haste hurt his knee at a NOAH show a few weeks back so it could be a Willie Mack situation where their contract gets pulled over medical issues.

It certainly doesn't help to get hurt but I think that medical has more to do with degenerative/reoccuring injuries than Haste tearing a ligament or whatever.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Rich Swann is going to NXT, so there's that.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Jubs posted:

Like, to the taping, or he actually got signed? His tryout was a long time ago iirc so it would be strange if they just got around to offering him a contract now. Good for Rich if that's the case though, will he still be at BOLA or will there be a replacement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jubs posted:

Yeah it is one of those worst kept secrets things. Wish someone official would report it.

"No"s don't really get reported but according to people at the Beyond show yesterday and me cross checking it Biff, Gulak, Gargano, Ciampa and Taylor aren't being signed by WWE. I am still hearing mixed reports about Biff, Gulak and Gargano though. WWE in the rejection emails state that WWE is still interested in booking them for dark and enhancement matches.

rovert fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 27, 2015

• Locked thread