Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I see rated battlegrounds, but how do you access battlegrounds solo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Thyrork posted:

This sounds like the best plan. 'Specially since i just got into Hazak. :unsmith:

And i seem to be on the OFFWORLD Loading screen forever. :unsmith: Ah, MMO launches.

Yeah don't alt-tab during loading screens, that fucks my poo poo up :v:

Martout posted:

My main concern is that if the queues don't stabilise and we decide to switch come tuesday instead the confusion and teethgnashing will be much greater.

e: I'm not about to do anything stupid, rolling a mordesh medic on Ravenous :)

You can /w Kayh to get invited to the Goon circle on Exile/Ravenous (Which is just a chat channel afaik, best we have until someone can spew up 10g for a guild))

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Aside from the problems obviously caused by the release rush the game still seems to run as badly as it did in the beta for me. My rig isn't the most beefed up one (Asus G75 with GeForce GTX 670M), but it sure has played a bunch of much prettier games with no issues - I had to put on the downsampling option to keep FPS above 30 here. Now it's mostly around 50-60, but dips occasionally and looks like rear end.

It's quite playable like this, but if anyone knows any tips (besides the "update drivers" + "turn everything low"), I'm all ears! Fun fact, turning texture quality from low to high didn't seem to do squat to FPS one way or the other. Might be wrong, but it seems it's the particle effects (campfires, dudes welding things etc) that are causing the framerate to screetch to a halt for some reason.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

The lack of mobs for challenges is way more apparent than it ever was in open beta or the weekends. Jeeze.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Guess I'm playing this tomorrow, bandwidth caps and all that. :smith:

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

I'd like to just say that I still think the switch to Warbringer at 2am so Carbine can quarantine us in what is probably a backwater server is hosed. The queues would stabilize and not be ridiculous eventually anyway. But I'm already playing on Warbringer so I guess I don't really care?

Baiku fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 31, 2014

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Dropbear posted:

Aside from the problems obviously caused by the release rush the game still seems to run as badly as it did in the beta for me. My rig isn't the most beefed up one (Asus G75 with GeForce GTX 670M), but it sure has played a bunch of much prettier games with no issues - I had to put on the downsampling option to keep FPS above 30 here. Now it's mostly around 50-60, but dips occasionally and looks like rear end.

It's quite playable like this, but if anyone knows any tips (besides the "update drivers" + "turn everything low"), I'm all ears! Fun fact, turning texture quality from low to high didn't seem to do squat to FPS one way or the other. Might be wrong, but it seems it's the particle effects (campfires, dudes welding things etc) that are causing the framerate to screetch to a halt for some reason.

My game is running fine on ultra but also just dips from time to time freezing for like 1 sec or 2. Even turning options down does not seem to change poo poo that much.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Pound_Coin posted:

Such gameplay for the last 7 hours :smith:

Hey buddy I had the same problem and the only thing that fixed it was uninstalling and completely reinstalling WildStar, enjoy!

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Phrasing posted:

I'd like to just say that I still think the switch to Warbringer at 2am so Carbine can quarantine us in what is probably a backwater server is hosed. The queues would stabilize and not be ridiculous eventually anyway. I'm already a higher level there now I guess so whatever.

So basically what you are saying is we should all just waste the weekend in queues for no reason? To maybe play into your speculation?

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

I said come in! posted:

I see rated battlegrounds, but how do you access battlegrounds solo?

Practice Battlegrounds

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
Also just an FYI for people saying Warbringer is a backwater - it's currently full with a 1k+ person queue. :smith:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

wtfmoses posted:

So basically what you are saying is we should all just waste the weekend in queues for no reason? To maybe play into your speculation?

This, also, is what bothers me about Hazak :) I want to play my Chua now, not in three days "when the queues are probably fine".

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

wtfmoses posted:

No I'm just being a bitch.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Mad Wack posted:

Also just an FYI for people saying Warbringer is a backwater - it's currently full with a 1k+ person queue. :smith:

It's one of 4? PVP servers at launch. Think Illidan, Mal'Ganis, Blackrock etc. All still high pop servers. Roll warbringer. Don't complain.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

wtfmoses posted:

Ehhh, I have exactly no faith that any pvp server other than pergo will end up as anything other than a backwater. What can I say? It's what all my past experiences playing these games tells me. :shrug:

I just hope they have server transfers up and running before things get dire, hopefully for free. :sigh:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Warbringer is literally a server made because of goons. It's OUR server. It was made for us.

DRR DRR DRR

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

:frogsiren: :pcgaming: :frogsiren: :pcgaming: :frogsiren: :pcgaming: IF YOU ARE ON WARBRINGER DOMINION AND WANT TO HELP GET THE GUILD GOING ASAP, SEND STRAWMAN A TELL IN GAME AND ASK HIM HOW MUCH MONEY HE NEEDS, AND IF HE NEEDS SOME SEND SOME :frogsiren: :pcgaming: :frogsiren: :pcgaming: :frogsiren: :pcgaming:

Or get in mumble or something

Barfolemew
Dec 5, 2011

Non Serviam
Finally got to the char screet just to see there is nothing there just a empy screen and alt+f4 only way out. And now im back in 3000+ que. Going to try again tomorrow. EU Hazak.

Barfolemew fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 31, 2014

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.

Spacedad posted:

Warbringer is literally a server made because of goons. It's OUR server. It was made for us.

DRR DRR DRR

It was made for us to rule over the pubbies. Thanks Carbine.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

In case anyone was wondering, this WILL run on an early 2008 Macbook Pro running Windows 7 through bootcamp.

It won't run well, but it'll run.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah don't alt-tab during loading screens, that fucks my poo poo up :v:

Made another character to grab another name, problem fixed itself. :iiam:

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
My wife has logged me in to hazak while I head home on the bus. If I'm not in (or close) when I get home, 45 minutes after I called her, I'm cutting my losses and rolling on the pve realm unless we get a consensus on a (EU) pvp dominion server without ten year queues.

The fact some people have exiles on one of them probably means we should head to the other? Zhur I think it's called?

As a heads up rumour is Zhur and ravenous are both currently based in the USA too. But will be migrated to the eu data center ASAP. So anyone not on hazak will be getting transatlantic pings :-(

Here's hoping my queue has popped.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Ehhh, I have exactly no faith that any pvp server other than pergo will end up as anything other than a backwater. What can I say? It's what all my past experiences playing these games tells me. :shrug:

I just hope they have server transfers up and running before things get dire, hopefully for free. :sigh:

Ugh don't be dumb.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I got into Hazak earlier today and should never have logged off. This morning I got a ridiculous estimate of wait time, that quickly changed to something much more reasonable. The estimated time changed a lot but I only spent around 40 minutes to get in. Then I had to relog because of empty character screen. After deleting Wildstar folder in appdata I got back in instantly (after several login attempts). Now I'm trying again it it really does seem like the wait time is ridiculous. It hasn't changed at all, unlike last time.

Also I can't decide whether I should be a Draken Spellslinger or a Chua Medic. I first rolled Spellslinger in the beta and loved it, but I think the Medic spoiled me somehow. It's just so annoying to manage the camera when your character is so short, I can't get used to it.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Holy poo poo you goon. It's full, it has a queue. This is not a backwater server. This wasn't a server that was made a month into launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strategy posted:

Practice Battlegrounds

These give close to 25% of your experience.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
EU Goons, hear me now!

I've made a poll on wildstargoons about switching server.
http://www.wildstargoons.com/index.php?threads/so-about-our-server-choice-poll.170/

Cast your votes, call me an idiot, do whatever.

If the queues are still a hassle tomorrow morning I'll roll my litter of Chuas on Zhul regardless of how the poll goes.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

dreffen posted:

Holy poo poo you goon. It's full, it has a queue. This is not a backwater server. This wasn't a server that was made a month into launch.

To be fair, 90% of SWTOR's servers were full on the release day. Within 3-4 months they ended up almost all empty and needing to be merged.

Fears of these servers going the same way aren't unfounded. But yeah, no real reason to complain about it. Play with goons if you want, don't play with goons if you don't want. Fun times for all.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Took an hour for me to get in past auth morning, along with some friends. Played an hour and a half after that, smooth as butter. Got back up two hours ago, logged in instantly, been playing since. This is probably one of the smoothest MMO launches I've encountered in a very long time, not counting WoW's expansion launches. Seriously, an hour of getting stuck because of a supposed DDOS? That's nothin'.

Assuming the server doesn't burn down over the next few days.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Martout posted:

EU Goons, hear me now!

I've made a poll on wildstargoons about switching server.
http://www.wildstargoons.com/index.php?threads/so-about-our-server-choice-poll.170/

Cast your votes, call me an idiot, do whatever.

If the queues are still a hassle tomorrow morning I'll roll my litter of Chuas on Zhul regardless of how the poll goes.
You're an idiot.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Collateral Damage posted:

You're an idiot.

Okay :)

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Why the hell does my level 9 medic have random stacks of seeds and power cores and cloth taking up space in his inventory? I thought all that crap went into the tradeskill materials panel?

Also, regarding pre-order/beta bonuses. I assume the title can be claimed on all your characters, but what about the Highwayman costume and the 10-slot bag and that junk? One-time use or one for every character?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Mad Wack posted:

Hey buddy I had the same problem and the only thing that fixed it was uninstalling and completely reinstalling WildStar, enjoy!

Trying this now except now Wildstar.exe won't launch. :pcgaming:

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Well good thing I checked the forums after waking up than going straight into game. Regardless of the reasoning switching servers last minute is kinda skeezy.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Things this thread can't handle:
1.) the game -- in its entirety
2.) servers

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

dreffen posted:

Hopefully it'll be successful because it's pretty cool

B-b-but switching servers on launch why are we going to a dead server!?

Wildstar: B-b-but switching servers on launch why are we going to a dead server!?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

..Looks like the patch servers are only giving me 9.8mb of Wildstar.exe rather than 11.whatever.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

WarLocke posted:

Why the hell does my level 9 medic have random stacks of seeds and power cores and cloth taking up space in his inventory? I thought all that crap went into the tradeskill materials panel?

Power Cores don't because they can be salvaged, seeds don't because they need to right clicked to use them in your farm but cloth should be unless you've hit the cap for that particular cloth type.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

wtfmoses posted:

Ugh don't be dumb.

How is trusting my past experiences dumb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Any way to resize chat font? Chat window size? Holy poo poo it really was made by the original WoW team. At least I found the profanity filter.

p.s. I know there is probably a mod for it.

• Locked thread