Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
If it's the same price the Origin key was I will likely snap up the KoA Steam key.

Yes, I didn't buy it just because it was an Origin key.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.

John Romero posted:

WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US TONY

Dude I'm so sorry mister Romero, I just got slammed. I'll be around more often though.

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Is one of the clarifying questions whether those of us who jumped on the Origin deal can get Steam keys? *Fingers crossed!*

I mean, I assume that's not likely but a gamer can hope.

I don't have any info around this but I do have a couple proposals around what to do for those that purchased the Origin version and want the Steam version.

I have nothing confirmed yet but am working on it.

PoshAlligator posted:

If it's the same price the Origin key was I will likely snap up the KoA Steam key.

Yes, I didn't buy it just because it was an Origin key.

My proposal is that we run a few deals on the product as soon as we get it up.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

I'm the Marketing Manager for Amazon's Digital Video Games group. Feel free to ask me questions about upcoming and current deals. We'll also be doing community giveaways, Q&As with developers, and Podcasts with ++GoodGames.
Hey guys,

This is for those who live in or around Seattle. On Monday at 4PM we'll have Major Nelson on site hanging out and playing Halo 4, he's also going to bring 5 copies of Halo 4 and 5 12 month subscriptions to xbox live gold. We're inviting 5 customers to come hang out, get free stuff, and go to dinner/happy hour afterwards with The Major and the team. If you're interested let me know, we have 4 slots left. Please don't claim a spot if you can't come as it will take up a spot someone else could have used.

First 4 replies get spots, if I don't hear back in a couple of hours I'm going to post this in a Subreddit as well.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

AmazonTony posted:

Also, are any of you jokers going to Pax East?

I am an enforcer and I am coming to Pax East. You must remind me when pax is on so I can swing by and say hello!

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

This is for those who live in or around Seattle. On Monday at 4PM we'll have Major Nelson itnging out and playing Halo 4, he's also going to bring 5 copies of Halo 4 and 5 12 month subscriptions to xbox live gold. We're inviting 5 customers to come hang out, get free stuff, and go to dinner/happy hour afterwards with The Major and the team. If you're interested let me know, we have 4 slots left. Please don't claim a spot if you can't come as it will take up a spot someone else could have used.

First 4 replies get spots, if I don't hear back in a couple of hours I'm going to post this in a Subreddit as well.

Yes, i will do this!

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Drunk Tomato posted:

Yes, i will do this!

Cool, PM me here or at Tvacgamer on Reddit so I can get you all the details. I think you're gonna have a blast.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It's not a digital deal, but is there any chance of amazon matching Best Buy's Professor Layton sale price like they're matching Paper Mario's?

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,

AmazonTony posted:

Cool, PM me here or at Tvacgamer on Reddit so I can get you all the details. I think you're gonna have a blast.

Awesome! as long as there aren't too many redditors there... :argh:

pming isn't working on the SA mobile app so I'll hit you up when i get out of work. just so i know now for planning, is this event going to be in Seattle proper or the Eastside?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Drunk Tomato posted:

Awesome! as long as there aren't too many redditors there... :argh:

pming isn't working on the SA mobile app so I'll hit you up when i get out of work. just so i know now for planning, is this event going to be in Seattle proper or the Eastside?

Haha, yeah we're capping at 5 people so there won't be "too many" of any single community there. As for location, we're in SLU.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Well, I live in Seattle and I think it would be terribly silly of me not to take advantage of this opportunity.

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

This is for those who live in or around Seattle. On Monday at 4PM we'll have Major Nelson on site hanging out and playing Halo 4, he's also going to bring 5 copies of Halo 4 and 5 12 month subscriptions to xbox live gold. We're inviting 5 customers to come hang out, get free stuff, and go to dinner/happy hour afterwards with The Major and the team. If you're interested let me know, we have 4 slots left. Please don't claim a spot if you can't come as it will take up a spot someone else could have used.

I'd be happy to go as long as its ok that I suck at Halo 4!

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

Is there still a spot for this super cool opportunity?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Factory posted:

Sorry dude we filled the last spot earlier today. I'm hoping to do more and more stuff like this in 2013 though so keep an eye out.

Gough Suppressant
Nov 14, 2008
I missed some talk earlier in the week, but is Rise of Nations confirmed as coming to digital distribution?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Ron Hitler-Barassi posted:

I missed some talk earlier in the week, but is Rise of Nations confirmed as coming to digital distribution?

You heard right! It isn't finalized yet but I'm in talks with a guy from BHG about getting Rise of Nations, Rise of Legends, and the steam version of Kingdoms of Amalur.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
Are there any interesting things going on with Dead Space 3 or WWE '13? I've been wanting to pick those up, but I haven't seen any sales, since DS3's pretty much brand new, and THQ's a bit spotty right now.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
any way you can get steam keys for stuff like this:http://www.amazon.com/Hearts-Iron-III-Finest-Download/dp/B009AYQRK4/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1361031474&sr=1-5 since a lot of us already have the prereqs on there?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I am attempting to buy AVP Digital download, Do any of you or Tony have a code to shave a few dollars off?

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

I am attempting to buy AVP Digital download, Do any of you or Tony have a code to shave a few dollars off?

Wait a couple of days and you'll be happy :).

Demitri Omni posted:

Are there any interesting things going on with Dead Space 3 or WWE '13? I've been wanting to pick those up, but I haven't seen any sales, since DS3's pretty much brand new, and THQ's a bit spotty right now.

$20 off Dead Space 3 in 2 days :).

workingdogv1
Jul 10, 2001

:catdrugs:

AmazonTony posted:

Wait a couple of days and you'll be happy :).

$20 off Dead Space 3 in 2 days :).

Yesss great news!

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Factory posted:

I'm a jerk and there is an open spot now if you're still interested, I totally mis-read someone's confirmation as "I'm coming" when in reality it was "I'm sad I'm not coming".

Let me know if you're still around and interested.

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja
Thanks again for the good times tonight, Tony! It was nice to get some faces to names.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

iloverice posted:

Thanks again for the good times tonight, Tony! It was nice to get some faces to names.

You're welcome man and thanks for coming, it was definitely a ton of fun, glad we could get some goons together. I'll post pictures and stuff soon when we're done putting them together.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Dead Space 3 deal is live, save $20, today only Goldbox Deal:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Arts-41064ead-Space-31/dp/B0088TPV54?tag=somethingawfu-20

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
i learned from last night that goons really like their boilermakers, even though we all drank then in different ways! :cheers:

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
Before last night, I was an ugly worm. After hanging out with Amazon Tony, I pupated into a beautiful butterfly!

Thanks Mr. Tony!

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Makes me wish I lived in Seattle(?).

Us UK Goons just have to hang out with AmazonDave. He is no relation to the company, he just always looks like he has come straight out of the rainforest or something. He lives in a box under the M32. We drink cider and eat fish and chips around a bin-fire.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

AmazonTony posted:

You heard right! It isn't finalized yet but I'm in talks with a guy from BHG about getting Rise of Nations, Rise of Legends, and the steam version of Kingdoms of Amalur.
Nice, Rise of Nations is a great game.

Fun fact: playing Rise of Nations has been shown to improve cognitive performance in the elderly - http://news.illinois.edu/news/08/1211gamers.html

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
yeah, i can't wait till rise of nations comes out, past aoe2 that was the only rts my friends and i enjoyed playing. and if it's on steam, we won't have to deal with all the regular multiplayer problem crap.

Hey Tony, I forgot to ask: what was the name of that beer app you were using?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Drunk Tomato posted:

Wagering on Untappd, it's the hot (sorta) new thing.

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Foehammer posted:

Wagering on Untappd, it's the hot (sorta) new thing.

Drunk Tomato posted:

yeah, i can't wait till rise of nations comes out, past aoe2 that was the only rts my friends and i enjoyed playing. and if it's on steam, we won't have to deal with all the regular multiplayer problem crap.

Untappd it is!

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Hey AmazonTony! I interviewed with Amazon today for a software developer position. Can you contact my recruiter and tell them how much of a cool dude I am? Thanks!

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

Ajaxify posted:

Hey AmazonTony! I interviewed with Amazon today for a software developer position. Can you contact my recruiter and tell them how much of a cool dude I am? Thanks!

Haha, if I knew you at all I'd be happy to drop a good word.

What job did you interview for? If it is in Seattle and you get it let me know and I'll buy you lunch your first week.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
Amazon is having a "farewell to February" sale on digital games.

hey Tony, i see both mlb 2k12 and nba 2k12 are on sale. any chance of making the combo pack on sale, too? with steam codes?

dianekwon
Sep 1, 2012
AmazonTony, can I get Steam codes for the Dead Space games?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
It was pointed out in the Sim City thread that a 25% off coupon was working to pre-purchase Sim City digital download but now it isn't working. Was that an error or is it still suppose to work?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

AmazonTony posted:

Hey guys,

I met Major Nelson at a microsoft event at Comic Con, he was really nice and having a drink with him sounds awesome. Seattle on the other hand is far, far away.

I can't wait for Rise of Nations!

AmazonTony
Nov 23, 2012

FYI just updated OP, I'm going to try and add links soon too as well.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

dianekwon posted:

AmazonTony, can I get Steam codes for the Dead Space games?

This will probably never happen, fyi. EA is pushing origin even at the cost of sales.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 for $4.50 is a good deal. I've only seen it around the same price on GOG once.

• Locked thread