Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastlyn
Jul 23, 2003

Stars, hide your fires; Let not light see my black and deep desires.
<Out of Character> is now accepting members on Evindra for those who are interested in Dominion RP-PVE.
There has of yet not been a queue to log in to the server. :)

Hit up kernelangus, ceruleane, or zookwik for an invite.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kastlyn fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

Dumb question, but does Wildstar supporting binding to mouse buttons that are not LMB and RMB? I kind of want to get a (cheap) gaming mouse like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104838

With Steer I think it could make the game really enjoyable.

It does, I have my two most-used attacks bound to the side-buttons on my mouse (almost exactly the same as the one you linked as it happens) and it's very useful.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So I learned a few things that made me think this game is pretty loving awesome today.

1. Engineers suck balls. The speed with which I kill stuff as a Spellslinger is absurd when compared to them. Their rapid fire skill is :black101: as hell too.

2. Taking the Levian Bay route Dominion side leads you to Ellevar, which while seemingly having a slower progression rate is infinitely more entertaining. Some of the quests i've had involved me taking over Spiderbots (As in, a unique character.) to infiltrate a hive, running around literally lighting a forest on fire (complete with the appropriate level of mayhem) and more. The quest depth is way better than Deradune if you're looking for unique stuff. It's probably around Pandaria levels of uniqueness once you're past the requisite kill quests.

Also, those loving Pell won't shut up every time someone poisons the supplies, leading to the western half of the zone constantly being bombarded by squawks asking some space god to murder the Dominion soldiers. The thing is almost meme worthy in how obnoxious it can get.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 2, 2014

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The level 15 adventure is no joke. My goon group ( -1, we had a pubbie DPS medic) wiped about 3 times, and took home a bronze. It was fun, but not something I would want to PUG. Also the trash seemed buggy - there were two points where we got absolutely swamped with infinite trash, and I'm not sure it's supposed to work that way.

This is the prison riot adventure, on the dominion side.

erazure
Oct 23, 2005

VanillaGorilla posted:

The level 15 adventure is no joke. My goon group ( -1, we had a pubbie DPS medic) wiped about 3 times, and took home a bronze. It was fun, but not something I would want to PUG. Also the trash seemed buggy - there were two points where we got absolutely swamped with infinite trash, and I'm not sure it's supposed to work that way.

Yeah, it's tough. I've had some pubbie groups want to just stand there and fight the waves, apparently thinking that's what's supposed to happen. The adventure does tell you to keep moving, that things will keep spawning and will likely overwhelm you, though.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I had better luck with pubs than with goons during open beta for that adventure. I think a lot of it is not realizing that now it's your biggest job to not die instead of letting the healer hold your hand through instances in wow. If everyone in your group isn't trying to get out of telegraphs, you're going to wipe a lot.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

erazure posted:

Yeah, it's tough. I've had some pubbie groups want to just stand there and fight the waves, apparently thinking that's what's supposed to happen. The adventure does tell you to keep moving, that things will keep spawning and will likely overwhelm you, though.

At the penultimate "hold the gate" step we got completely swarmed within 30 seconds and we definitely weren't supposed to move then, but before that yeah I think we should have just kept going forward.

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

Eve Goon. Interests: Small scale PVP / Solo PVP / efficiency.
Battleclinic: https://bit.ly/1azneoH
Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/18Mbael
Partner (SA sponsor for GSF) Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/57sdlAE

Archonex posted:

So I learned a few things that made me think this game is pretty loving awesome today.

1. Engineers suck balls.

I disagree with this statement. Sure they don't grind mobs and clear things as fast as a pure DPS class, but combo'd with a medic who reduces enemy tech resists on top of medic heals and AoE, you can bulldoze your way through anything. A friend of mine got server first lv50 on Pago doing that.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

HFGoliath posted:

I disagree with this statement. Sure they don't grind mobs and clear things as fast as a pure DPS class, but combo'd with a medic who reduces enemy tech resists on top of medic heals and AoE, you can bulldoze your way through anything. A friend of mine got server first lv50 on Pago doing that.
Also if you use the full shotgun single target build (which starts to work really well at level 25 when you can make Bio Shell instant but it works okay from 13 onwards) you can absolutely mow through mobs. You can even sub in Electrocute instead of Bolt Caster to retain some AOE capability although it's harder to keep your volatility in the sweet spot that way.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.

VanillaGorilla posted:

The adventure is the same on both factions, I think. vvv nvm you're right. I misread something.

Also, it is supposed to work that way; you're supposed to keep moving and dodging their telegraphs as you run towards the next objective.

I rolled on Evindra/Dominion cause some of my friends were going there, but I have friends on the Exile side, too. Is the exile guild going to be that much more populous? I'd rather switch now than at 50.

Also: every single class seems really fun, so does anyone have any thoughts on which ones are going to be the top performers for various roles? So far I've heard that Espers and Spellslingers top DPS charts, depending how much movement is required on the fight, and that Engineers are not the best for tanking because their attacks slow them down, so they have to dodge roll to avoid damage while still keeping up threat, which means dodging out of healing aoes.

Spellslinger healing is pretty fun and challenging. The band-aid is effective and easy for healing up the chippy damage on the tank, but keeping in a good position and using the cone support abilities (when your Pubbie Scum fails at dodging) gets tricky, especially with trying to predict how your allies are going to move.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 2, 2014

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Clairetic posted:

The adventure is the same on both factions, I think.

Each faction seems to have its own adventures - at least at level 15. When I played Exile during the beta, the adventure had you running around Hycrest.

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

Eve Goon. Interests: Small scale PVP / Solo PVP / efficiency.
Battleclinic: https://bit.ly/1azneoH
Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/18Mbael
Partner (SA sponsor for GSF) Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/57sdlAE

Clairetic posted:

Also: every single class seems really fun, so does anyone have any thoughts on which ones are going to be the top performers for various roles? So far I've heard that Espers and Spellslingers top DPS charts, depending how much movement is required on the fight, and that Engineers are not the best for tanking because their attacks slow them down, so they have to dodge roll to avoid damage while still keeping up threat, which means dodging out of healing aoes.

DPS: Esper does the most by far, but they rely on being able to stand still do dish out most of their damage and if you have done any of the low level dungeons, even in those standing still is not an option unless you like dying a whole bunch. Spellslinger will probably be the most picked option because they're versatile with both heals and dps while maintaining their mobility which is key. Since we haven't seen any completely minmaxed builds yet it's hard to say but my guess is that the SS might be slightly ahead of the rest. I don't know much about warrior/stalker dps but I'd assume that due to their lower range and that the arc on their abilities is also smaller it will be hard for them to reach their maximum potential without risk taking excessive amounts of damage in return. Other classes bring buffs and such to the team which is why, for the most part, everything seems relatively balanced at the moment.

Tank: I would probably say the Engineer but only because being a ranked tank that can still generate threat as well as a warrior is kind of insane. They dish out massive AoE damage while being as tanky as a traditional warrior. A warrior will never be a bad tank and they also have ranged abilities with their arm cannon, but their range and AoE is worse than an engineer and with threat being totally different from other MMOs I don't know how well they can hold aggro on packs of mobs/adds.

Heal: Espers, I believe, have the best burst healing but still have many of the downsides that come with the DPS spec of their class. Their relatively low mobility means that if you're going to play an esper in the end game, you gotta be drat good at rolling and knowing the encounters. Medics have some pretty insane AoE healing and also their ability to reduce technology resist makes the raid they're that much more potent, even on a healer.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

TyrantWD posted:

Each faction seems to have its own adventures - at least at level 15. When I played Exile during the beta, the adventure had you running around Hycrest.

Level 15 adventures are faction specific, all the rest are faction-neutral, as I understand it.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Smith Comma John posted:

At the penultimate "hold the gate" step we got completely swarmed within 30 seconds and we definitely weren't supposed to move then, but before that yeah I think we should have just kept going forward.

I ran it a few times today and I've never not wiped during that step. My framerate also takes a nosedive during that step, it's fine everywhere else.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

HFGoliath posted:

DPS: Esper does the most by far, but they rely on being able to stand still do dish out most of their damage and if you have done any of the low level dungeons, even in those standing still is not an option unless you like dying a whole bunch. Spellslinger will probably be the most picked option because they're versatile with both heals and dps while maintaining their mobility which is key. Since we haven't seen any completely minmaxed builds yet it's hard to say but my guess is that the SS might be slightly ahead of the rest. I don't know much about warrior/stalker dps but I'd assume that due to their lower range and that the arc on their abilities is also smaller it will be hard for them to reach their maximum potential without risk taking excessive amounts of damage in return. Other classes bring buffs and such to the team which is why, for the most part, everything seems relatively balanced at the moment.

Tank: I would probably say the Engineer but only because being a ranked tank that can still generate threat as well as a warrior is kind of insane. They dish out massive AoE damage while being as tanky as a traditional warrior. A warrior will never be a bad tank and they also have ranged abilities with their arm cannon, but their range and AoE is worse than an engineer and with threat being totally different from other MMOs I don't know how well they can hold aggro on packs of mobs/adds.

Heal: Espers, I believe, have the best burst healing but still have many of the downsides that come with the DPS spec of their class. Their relatively low mobility means that if you're going to play an esper in the end game, you gotta be drat good at rolling and knowing the encounters. Medics have some pretty insane AoE healing and also their ability to reduce technology resist makes the raid they're that much more potent, even on a healer.
From the DPS reports in beta of the raids, Stalkers were usually top (if they were able to stay behind the boss) followed by Warrior, Esper and Engineer at roughly the same (in some fights Warriors were up around Stalker DPS) with Spellslinger and Medic lagging behind the rest. Early game is a really bad indication of how classes perform later as the scaling on abilities shifts more towards Assault Power as opposed to flat damage (which the early game favours).

I believe that Tank wise Warriors are the lowest as far as threat generation goes but all three work pretty well and are better at different things. Even as an Engineer the mobs will mostly be up in your face all the time despite being ranged.

Healing wise Espers are the most versatile (mix of targeted and telegraph with smart heals) with Spellslingers being more tuned towards ranged burst and Medics tuned towards short ranged sustained (and shield) healing.

Black_Plague22
Apr 4, 2006
JA?!
From what I've done of the prison adventure, Medic DPS owns bones. AOE is fun as hell and the abilities are all snazzy looking. It was also nice being a bit of self sufficient by running dual shock, and constantly keeping myself topped up on HP.

However, that adventure had some serious issues when we ran it in regards to the graveyards. Half the group would die outside, and rez inside the dome right on top of the boss. :stare: We wiped there 5 times because we couldn't run to the wall fast enough and get out of range.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
I raided my tradeskills bag for gold at level 15 and got myself a sweet bike. I won't be able to craft for a bit, but a one-wheel hoverbike owns bones.

LordTraktor
Nov 12, 2012
So the only EU guild is still in the unclimbable mountain that is Hazak?

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."
Guild online/offline notification blocker now available on the offsite forums.

http://www.wildstargoons.com/index.php?threads/guild-online-offline-notification-blocker.184/

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Is there anyway to search guilds through an addon or site or even through /who?

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

straw man posted:

Guild online/offline notification blocker now available on the offsite forums.

http://www.wildstargoons.com/index.php?threads/guild-online-offline-notification-blocker.184/

Thank you!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Do most Esper skills require you to be standing still? If so, that is not so appealing to me.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
This game is a tonne of fun. If you liked Vanilla WoW, give it a shot. (Careful of the queues).

Time Spent Leveling: Almost a day
Time Spent in my house customizing: Almost a day

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Heliotic posted:

I don't know. lovely frame rate on medium with a new card is poor optimisation.

The way you described it just sounds like you need to buy a new video card.

I have an nvidia card from about 5 years ago and I went from 30-40 on medium to 50-60 on high between beta and release so there has been some work done. The biggest increase came from the new nvidia drivers that came out a week ago.

I have an HD 7770, which is old but not that old. The game looks really nice, but it seems like it should run better.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

VanillaGorilla posted:

I was just in a PUG that couldn't get past the first boss, I'm not looking forward to dungeons lol.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is anyone having the audio delayed during cutscenes? Like the first 10 secs or so is dead air, then the audio plays and catches up to the cutscene? That is sort of annoying to me.

Ktzi
Aug 1, 2006

There are plenty of spiders!

Mercurius posted:

From the DPS reports in beta of the raids, Stalkers were usually top (if they were able to stay behind the boss) followed by Warrior, Esper and Engineer at roughly the same (in some fights Warriors were up around Stalker DPS) with Spellslinger and Medic lagging behind the rest. Early game is a really bad indication of how classes perform later as the scaling on abilities shifts more towards Assault Power as opposed to flat damage (which the early game favours).

From what I understand, warriors are actually way better than you'd think, too. Solid DPS, but more importantly they provide raidwide DPS and survival buffs and debuffs, and usually pack enough CC to punch through 2 interrupt armor and still pull off a stun -by themselves-. Their earlygame leveling is annoying, though, because they don't feel sufficiently punchy.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Unlucky7 posted:

Do most Esper skills require you to be standing still? If so, that is not so appealing to me.

Heal-spec is pretty mobile unless you're going full Mind over Body spam which isn't a good idea anyways. DPS-spec is pretty stationary as of ~20 unless you pick the mobile builder, but you also get a lot of tools to make sure you can stand in one spot and tank through a fight - Phantasmal Armor, the class special, the stun/root combo, etc.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
During the Open Beta, I played on the Nexus server, and for most of the time I spent there, my in-game ping was sitting at a comfortable 150-160 ms range. Now, while this isn't ideal, I was able to compensate for it and dodge out of telegraphs just fine. And then one night, my latency suddenly hit the 230-270 ms range and wouldn't budge out of it. Thinking it to be an issue on my end, I restarted my connection, unplugged my router, changed my IP and even disabled all addons. None of it accomplished anything. This persisted for several days.

Then on a whim, I made a test character on the Pergo server, and lo and behold, my ping was back to the exact same 150-160 range. Even outside of the tutorial area, the average latency was the same. I then tried creating a new character on Nexus as well, just to see if maybe it was an issue with the later zones. Sadly, I was still stuck in the 230-270 range, no matter whether I was in the tutorial area, newbie zones, Illium or inside instances.

Now cut to the head start. Riding the server's opening with some friends, we picked Evindra, and much to my relief I was playing at the same solid 150-160 ms I had before, even during the heavy load of the server's opening rush...

...until this afternoon that is. Despite there being no changes to my connection, a simple relog was all it took to spike me back up to the 230-270 range. And now several hours later, I logged back in and much to my dismay I find out that's still the case. Just to test it out, I once again made a throwaway character on another server, (This time Avatus, another realm with High population, like Evindra.) and sure enough, I was staring at the lower range of 150-160 again.

This is extremely bizarre, seeing as the servers are all apparently in the same data center. It was just a matter of relogging and suddenly finding out I had 100 ms added to my average ping for no discernible reason. Anyone have any ideas about this? I dread even thinking about the first boss in Stormtalon with 250+ ms, as even with 150 it was challenging enough to get out of his telegraphs on third phase.

Pivit
Oct 14, 2012

And the Itsy Bitsy Spider
went up the spout again.

Got to play quite a bit today. This was the best part.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Ktzi posted:

From what I understand, warriors are actually way better than you'd think, too. Solid DPS, but more importantly they provide raidwide DPS and survival buffs and debuffs, and usually pack enough CC to punch through 2 interrupt armor and still pull off a stun -by themselves-. Their earlygame leveling is annoying, though, because they don't feel sufficiently punchy.
Yeah, Warriors are great because they don't need to sacrifice personal DPS to bring interrupts and great raid utility. That, and they changed whatever the first spender you get to be called Rampage and sped up how fast it attacks and made it so you could just hold the button down for the multi tap at the end of open beta and it's so much more fun now. Also, because of the naming system I was able to make my warrior named HATREDCOPTER so I'm happy.

Sophism posted:

During the Open Beta, I played on the Nexus server, and for most of the time I spent there, my in-game ping was sitting at a comfortable 150-160 ms range. Now, while this isn't ideal, I was able to compensate for it and dodge out of telegraphs just fine. And then one night, my latency suddenly hit the 230-270 ms range and wouldn't budge out of it. Thinking it to be an issue on my end, I restarted my connection, unplugged my router, changed my IP and even disabled all addons. None of it accomplished anything. This persisted for several days.

Then on a whim, I made a test character on the Pergo server, and lo and behold, my ping was back to the exact same 150-160 range. Even outside of the tutorial area, the average latency was the same. I then tried creating a new character on Nexus as well, just to see if maybe it was an issue with the later zones. Sadly, I was still stuck in the 230-270 range, no matter whether I was in the tutorial area, newbie zones, Illium or inside instances.

Now cut to the head start. Riding the server's opening with some friends, we picked Evindra, and much to my relief I was playing at the same solid 150-160 ms I had before, even during the heavy load of the server's opening rush...

...until this afternoon that is. Despite there being no changes to my connection, a simple relog was all it took to spike me back up to the 230-270 range. And now several hours later, I logged back in and much to my dismay I find out that's still the case. Just to test it out, I once again made a throwaway character on another server, (This time Avatus, another realm with High population, like Evindra.) and sure enough, I was staring at the lower range of 150-160 again.

This is extremely bizarre, seeing as the servers are all apparently in the same data center. It was just a matter of relogging and suddenly finding out I had 100 ms added to my average ping for no discernible reason. Anyone have any ideas about this? I dread even thinking about the first boss in Stormtalon with 250+ ms, as even with 150 it was challenging enough to get out of his telegraphs on third phase.
Honestly this sounds like something's weird with your internet connection rather than the game. Have you checked to see if other people on your ISP are having problems? I sympathise though, because us poor oceanic players are going to be stuck with 200ms+ latency all the time :australia:

Mercurius fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jun 2, 2014

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I messed something up, where's the quest in Galeras that will take you to the next zone?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
How much of a handicap is it for Warriors and Stalkers to have to be in melee range to do their thing in group content/dungeons/raids?

Ktzi
Aug 1, 2006

There are plenty of spiders!

Mercurius posted:

Yeah, Warriors are great because they don't need to sacrifice personal DPS to bring interrupts and great raid utility. That, and they changed whatever the first spender you get to be called Rampage and sped up how fast it attacks and made it so you could just hold the button down for the multi tap at the end of open beta and it's so much more fun now. Also, because of the naming system I was able to make my warrior named HATREDCOPTER so I'm happy.
I managed to snag the name Aggrotech for a Mechari warrior which is absolutely perfect and I'd play in an instant if I didn't hate Mechari animations.

One day I'll play a Dominion race that isn't Draken. Maybe when Chua are warriors.

But yeah, Rampage is fantastic now. And at 50 with proper AMPs and tiering Rampage hits like a TRAIN and barely has a cooldown. It's awesome.

WarLocke posted:

How much of a handicap is it for Warriors and Stalkers to have to be in melee range to do their thing in group content/dungeons/raids?
Not that terrible. Being in melee means they can dodge through enemies to avoid telegraphs, and they're usually tough enough and mobile enough anyway to eat the occasional stray cleave or go in and out as needed.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Clairetic posted:

I rolled on Evindra/Dominion cause some of my friends were going there, but I have friends on the Exile side, too. Is the exile guild going to be that much more populous? I'd rather switch now than at 50.

Exile goon guild is currently running about 200 members and between 50-60 online. You can't swing a bat without hitting a goon out in the wild.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Quitting game. Can't name my house "Best Little Whorehouse in Nexus".

p.s. Game owns bones.

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009
Any chance of getting an invite to the Dominion guild on War? In game name: Aspergers.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Ridinspinnaz posted:

Any chance of getting an invite to the Dominion guild on War? In game name: Aspergers.

Any chance of you reading the OP?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If I wanted to play just damage with long range which class should I play? And I assume medic is the best for healing or is it Esper? Which one uses shields because those guys I hate in PvP and I can't even kill them 1v1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Doublestep posted:

Any chance of you reading the OP?

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Screenshots?select=Screenshot+2014-06-01+23.50.47.png

This is what comes up when I try to jump through the linking hoops. No idea

• Locked thread