Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Why are developers so reluctant to put downtime announcements on the game launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face

Cool Blue Reason posted:

You can't claim it because it's still on cooldown. The crash is a bug, but it only happens(at least from what I've seen so far) if you try to claim one before time's up. It seems like there are a ton of little interface bugs like that, one being that a lot of your chat options are reset every time you reload the ui, but I guess things still in better shape than most mmos are at launch.

Did you do anything besides quest because there is a ton of other entertaining poo poo to do, and there are group dungeons and group adventures every 5 levels until cap so you're just flat out wrong there. There are also fun world bosses that require a raid in every zone.

There are only 4 group dungeons in the game meaning challenging for a full party. Ship hand and over world bosses are cake for stalker. That's my biggest beef with this game, it's tuned for solo.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

sinewave posted:

There are a total of four 5 man dungeons in the game.

Ship hand and overland adventures are easily soloable. What's the point of getting a group together in the time it would take you to complete it yourself. My biggest issue about this kind of content is that during beta people bitched about it being too difficult when you could easily cheese it on several classes.
Uhhh, aren't the Adventures also 5 man only? They don't scale down like the shiphands do as far as I'm aware.

sinewave
Aug 29, 2005

space face
Nope, incredibly easy.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Riot in the Void was the only soloable adventure and that was back before it got buffed. Dude is talking out his rear end~

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I stumbled into Ship Hand on a lark, and to my pleasant surprise, unless I was a colossal moron with pulls that would have gotten me killed in the overworld anyways, it was really easy. I was popping face-huggers like they were soda cans on a fence :hellyeah:

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

panda clue posted:

:dogout:
Are all gamers this stupid, or just goons?

This games fans are essentially a cult.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
I feel so helpless when healing dungeons, watching dumb DPS stand in a four second cast telegraph. :(

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
The game rules. First Dominion adventure was hard. Took awhile pug to understand the vark boss. After about 7 wipes we managed to kill that piece of poo poo. Was long time ago i was addicted to a mmo

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Apparently stone people have areolas and can't find bras that fit.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

sinewave posted:

Nope, incredibly easy.

Shiphands are soloable (and designed to be so). Adventures are no longer soloable, so you either haven't played Riot since it was buffed or you're talking out of your rear end. You might be able to cheese the trash somehow, but the bosses absolutely require a full team (and a decently coordinated one).

I am kinda disappointed that there are only a handful of 5-mans - although they do have two difficulties. Hopefully we'll see a stream of them coming in post-launch updates.

Shiphands are my favorite thing so far, by the way - I feel like they're what WoW's scenarios should have been. If they all are at the quality level of the first dominion shiphand, then I think they would be a great alternative to endgame content for solo/casual players. I would be absolutely fine with raids being the "hardcore" end-game if they have a system where Shiphands + 5-mans creates a rewarding elder game for players who don't want to cat-herd 40 people.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Just wanted to post about how absolutely loving hilarious I think I am naming my female Mechari Engineer SAdOS (Something Awful dumbass Operating System).

:getin:

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Also, I know the OP reccomends Steer for your mouselooking needs, but I couldn't stand how the mouselook turned off when you weren't moving. Deadlock is a similar program that keeps the mouselook on and has a toggle and does a decently good job of bringing the cursor back when needed (like opening your inventory or when talking to an NPC).

Might be worth checking out if you have the same pet peeve I did.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Again, was a solution ever figured out to the "person who preordered keeps getting treated as a Guest" thing? I keep worrying I'll either get locked out of worlds or never actually get my preorder bonuses.

The Gate posted:

Might be worth checking out if you have the same pet peeve I did.

Thanks -- I couldn't stand the inconsistency and ended up having to turn Steer off. I'll check this out though :)

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Help me decide Goons. Spellslinger or Warrior? I can't decide. I've played both for a few hours. How is Warrior in PVP? Haven't had a chance to give that a shot yet.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I did one battleground as warrior and ended up with 0 kills, 12 deaths and top damage done, but we won. Take that as you will.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

sinewave posted:

Nope, incredibly easy.

Adventures...soloable...haha...sure, back in January they were

Most of the outdoor primes, group quest mobs and rare spawns are soloable (though I wouldn't exactly say they're "easy")
They've been buffed since earlier in beta, most of the rare spawns were solo mobs, and most of the group bosses used to only have a single interrupt armor, but for any of the ones where someone else didn't jump in to help in the middle, I've been able to take out on my own without too much of a struggle on my Esper with clever kiting and cooldown rotation.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Adventures...soloable...haha...sure, back in January they were

A year ago Warriors had a 20% chance to proc huge lifesteal on every hit and Whirlwind was the most damaging ability in the game. You could solo Stormtalon's Lair at level ~20ish with the right gear. :getin:

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

Just made a thread in the off forum for you EU Goons to let the rest of us know in which server are you playing alts when you cant get into Hazak. Please check it and update it. TIA.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I just play other games while queueing.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

PaganGoatPants posted:

Help me decide Goons. Spellslinger or Warrior? I can't decide. I've played both for a few hours. How is Warrior in PVP? Haven't had a chance to give that a shot yet.

Only did random bgs so far but they perform well there. With the tools/AMPs they have (a slow on hit, knockdown, pull+root and a -40% heal debuff) I think they are handsdown the best efc hunter in the moodie mask bg. They make good carriers as well with the -50% dmg taken cd from tank stance. Don't go near the middle of any big brawls because you'll go down like a sack of poo poo. Just leap over the action to behind their lines and pick off some squishies.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

One thing I do like about this game from a PvP perspective is that there's no really long ranged class, even the longest ranged medic/spellslinger abilities put you pretty close to the action and well within a warrior's Grapple range so you can easily get yanked into the flurry of death.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Anyone have some skill build recommendations for leveling an Esper? I'm level 11. Was just reading about how immobile I guess they are, but I didn't have anything to compare it to so didn't realize that.

Medics didn't sound that interesting (boring name) and a ways back in the thread people were saying they are tough to heal with. Their name alone makes it seem like they would only be healing but I see someone just said their DPS is actually great fun. Plus they don't wear light armor.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
I mailed some money and decorations to a level 1 alt after I deleted a level 9 character (I was changing classes and wanted to free up the name). Is there no mailbox at all in the tutorial zones? Do I literally have to quest for an hour or two to get to the first town or can I run past everything?

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Took the plunge last night, hoping A) this is a fun game & B) I can finally play like an adult and not poop sock so hard it ruins other aspects of my life.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient
Where the hell is the renown vendor in Illium?

And how come I can take stuff from Goon Squad guild bank, but can't put stuff in? :psyduck:

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
I also keep getting a red text warning me that as a guest i only have limited rights. My first guess was that they actually treat me as a guest even tho i put 50€ on the table prerelease. I would like for this to be fixed, would also explain the queues of 2000 people.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone have some skill build recommendations for leveling an Esper? I'm level 11. Was just reading about how immobile I guess they are, but I didn't have anything to compare it to so didn't realize that.

I just hit 11 on my Esper as well and unlocked Psychic Frenzy. It's a short range melee attack that does decent damage and allows you to be a lot more mobile while building up psychic combo points. I almost gave up on my Esper after trying a Spellslinger, but I'm glad I didn't.

I'm really enjoying my mobile "melee" build: Frenzy as a builder, Mind Burst as spender, Crush for interrupt/CC, Bolster for a little bit of healing on the run, and then Concentrated Blades and Blade Dance when I need them.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

FunkyFlashman posted:

I also keep getting a red text warning me that as a guest i only have limited rights. My first guess was that they actually treat me as a guest even tho i put 50€ on the table prerelease. I would like for this to be fixed, would also explain the queues of 2000 people.
Everyone gets that message even if you're not a guest. Nobody should be a guest user at this time since only pre-orders have access to the game until tomorrow.

There used to be an issue with people getting treated as guests but it's allegedly been fixed. You notice it pretty quickly if your queue number keeps rising instead of going down.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

I did one battleground as warrior and ended up with 0 kills, 12 deaths and top damage done, but we won. Take that as you will.

In the first tier of BGs I always had the most damage taken and the most mask caps, but low range damage dealt and kills. Soon as you unlock Tremor and start picking up T4 abilities your burst skyrockets and your mobility only gets better. Warriors are a top tier PvP class end game currently and bring a lot of tools to both Arena and BG.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

FunkyFlashman posted:

Everyone gets that message, no one is actually a guest. It's only for informative purposes.

EDIT: Curse you slow mobile typing skills :saddowns::arghfist:

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

KingKapalone posted:

Telekinetic Strike
Mind Burst
Crush
Concentrated Blade
Bolster (somewhat constant HOT + free PP)
Restraint
Geist
(Spectral Swarm/Ill Blades/extra utility spell) - at 30

Best way to handle it is to stagger Restraint, Geist and your innate, so that the mob has very little time where it is actually hitting you
edit: note, this build becomes INCREDIBLY powerful for soloing primes/group mobs at 45+ when you get the Geist threat transfer

Deceptive Thinker fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 2, 2014

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I've fallen into the pit of being unable to decide which class I want as my main. Guess I'll just go round in circles until one really grabs me.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Taear posted:

Sorry, we're there.

I feel like them only making an ENG/DE/FR set of servers is the ultimate in americanisms, like they just don't realise that an ENG PvP server in the EU basically means "Are you from anywhere that is not France or Germany? Then come here!"

gently caress it, they're like 20 levels above me now because I didn't have time to play. If I'm going to be solo leveling I might as well do it with a race I actually want to play. I'll apply to the guild shortly.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Windchilla posted:

In the first tier of BGs I always had the most damage taken and the most mask caps, but low range damage dealt and kills. Soon as you unlock Tremor and start picking up T4 abilities your burst skyrockets and your mobility only gets better. Warriors are a top tier PvP class end game currently and bring a lot of tools to both Arena and BG.
This was at level 14 iirc and I didn't bother to change my spec or abilities before joining the BG so I just went around leaping and whirlwinding into the clump of enemies. :black101:

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
I would love more over the top hairstyles for female Cassians, theres not enough of em. Preferably a cashshop extra deluxe haircut please going with my imperial fashion accessoires(by the way, where are they?!aurin slippers,bags etc). It must be a cash shop haircut so i can feel special. Thx~

:homebrew: :retrogames:

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jun 2, 2014

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Middle of the day on a work day and the queues on Hazak are still well over a thousand people. :-(

I think I will stick with this RP server instead.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Bauxite posted:

That's only for dominion warbringer people, correct? So if I'm exile on evindra I shouldn't do that?

That's for everyone

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

CrashCat posted:

All y'all should bookmark wsstatus.com. Maybe even put that poo poo in the OP.

That is what we use in wildstargoons.com

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

KingKapalone posted:

Medics didn't sound that interesting (boring name) and a ways back in the thread people were saying they are tough to heal with. Their name alone makes it seem like they would only be healing but I see someone just said their DPS is actually great fun. Plus they don't wear light armor.

Espers are not THAT immobile. You have to stand still for Telekinetic Strike, but pretty much everything else is mobile and you have a bunch of other ways to generate psi points. Part of the challenge of the class is casting TKS as much as possible while still using dodges and positioning to stay out of trouble. For a change of pace you can switch out for Psychic Frenzy, for leveling it shouldn't be that much slower if you do it right (see my previous post in the thread).

Deceptive Thinker already listed out a good build, but as far as rotation, your main combo is obviously TKS (or PF) plus Mind Burst. Mash Concentrated Blades/Bolster (2 charges of each = 4 points) and throw out a TKS, then MB as soon as the blades hit. Make sure you're familiar with the CB telegraph, if you miss you won't get the blades but the skill will still go on cooldown.

After that initial burst it kind of depends on what telegraphs you can dodge and how soon CB/Bolster charges are coming up. A lot of times I like to pop my innate (since its on such a short cooldown) and just tank whatever comes and mash TKS to get another fast mind burst. Crush is invaluable for triggering moments of opportunity, which is when you interrupt a mob while they're casting a telegraph. Its health bar will turn purple and your skills will do extra damage for the duration. If possible you want to line this up with your 5-point Mind Bursts.

Also, there's a great DPS Esper guide here, it's definitely worth reading: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/29593-break-them-with-your-mind-a-dps-esper-guide/

It also has AMP locations for all the purchasable esper amps.

cathead fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 2, 2014

• Locked thread