Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

SteamyV posted:

With all the talk of last minute rewrites, I'm starting to worry the decision to go with Reigns wasn't just incompetence. Maybe WWE isn't confident Bryan's injury is as healed as he/his crystal healer have suggested.

Then you have Ambrose and Ziggler right there as an audible. Didn't have to ruin everything. Chose to, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/26/arnold-schwarzenegger-wwe-hall-of-fame-wrestlemania/

welp

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SteamyV posted:

With all the talk of last minute rewrites, I'm starting to worry the decision to go with Reigns wasn't just incompetence. Maybe WWE isn't confident Bryan's injury is as healed as he/his crystal healer have suggested.

If anything, I'm sure the last minute changes had more to do with who was left at the end with Roman and less to do with the actual winner.

My guess is they were originally dumb enough to have Bryan reversed with one of Ambrose or Ziggler, thinking the sack of potatoes elimination would get heat on Kane/Show they could transfer to Reigns but when the crowd proved to be as smarky as we all expected, they made an 11th hour change to try to get Bryan out early and it failed.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Um... who'd he ever beat?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would imagine this will be announced on the 9th as Raw will be in Columbus that night.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Reigns should have just superman punched the rock at the end because he doesn't need any help he is a rather large dog and this yard is his property

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I think they cancel RAW tonight. With a travel ban after 9pm the people wouldn't be able to leave even after the show is over. Plus I don't think the WWE wants the bad press of several frozen corpses with RAW tickets in their hands.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I genuinely thought Arnold was already in the HOF.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

sportsgenius86 posted:

If anything, I'm sure the last minute changes had more to do with who was left at the end with Roman and less to do with the actual winner.

My guess is they were originally dumb enough to have Bryan reversed with one of Ambrose or Ziggler, thinking the sack of potatoes elimination would get heat on Kane/Show they could transfer to Reigns but when the crowd proved to be as smarky as we all expected, they made an 11th hour change to try to get Bryan out early and it failed.

When Rey won the Rumble, he was in a final four with RVD, Orton, and HHH IIRC. It was a nice spot where RVD and Rey kept their eyes on the heels, and did a little handshake/hand touch thing to show they were willing to work together.

That might've helped here, had you had Bryan/Reigns/Bray/Rusev.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

projecthalaxy posted:

I genuinely thought Arnold was already in the HOF.

Same here.

They did give him some honourary "box office champion" world title anyway.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I desperately hope the WWE has to cancel Raw and decides to air Rumble in its place.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

sportsgenius86 posted:

I desperately hope the WWE has to cancel Raw and decides to air Rumble in its place.

I hope they just run the $9.99 music video on loop.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I think the only way they could've booked the Rumble worse is if Bryan had been a comedy 1 second elimination.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Thing is that I actually do like Roman Reigns, he's a very rough diamond in the making. The guy still needs his Austin 3:16 moment to make him go over with the crowd, currently he's a strong babyface with a couple of cool spotlights, but little character or depth. And giving him lovely promo lines like vs Rollins is not going to help with that.

Guy needs a good long feud with an experienced heel to go over, stretched out over several RAWs. But Big Show is barely mobile, Kane can still wrestle but corporate Kane is more annoying than threatening, Orton is nowhere to be seen and will probably feud with the authority once he comes back, Bray is a sure-fire way to lose all heat. Where have all the great heels of the past gone....

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I hope they show The Marine 3 with special sneak previews of the Marine 4 instead of RAW.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Unless the swerve is to insert Orton into Brock/Reigns. ugh

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They're gonna run the Rumble on USA tonight with the crowd reactions edited to pops for Reigns.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think Reigns either forgot what to say or froze and Rock had to pick things up unexpectedly

This isn't the first time he's straight up forgotten what to say and froze.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

Orgophlax posted:

I think the only way they could've booked the Rumble worse is if Bryan had been a comedy 1 second elimination.

Bryan takes a rough ryder over the top rope to eliminate them both.

So what are they going to do with Orton now?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

They're showing the Wrestlemania 30 special from NBC that left out both Bryan matches.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chromatic posted:

I don't know if The Rock looks embarrassed to be there or if he's just tired as hell. Dude is working on 4 movies at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgvrOVH2Erc

I think it's the strain of having to put lipstick on this pig. Them being so antagonistic towards the interviewer, and not really in a usual 'Rock busts on Cole/Coach' way, comes off as awkward as hell.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
So apparently local ads in Memphis have the Fast Lane main event as Reigns vs. Big Show in a last man standing

:allears:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Blast Fantasto posted:

So apparently local ads in Memphis have the Fast Lane main event as Reigns vs. Big Show in a last man standing

This is going to be the most heat-free PPV of all time.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

When I think "Fast Lane," I think of Paul Wight lumbering to his feet to beat the 10 count, over and over again

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

bartok posted:

Am I the only one genuinely interested to see if WWE sticks to their guns or goes into full panic mode? I haven't been this excited for a Raw in awhile.

In many ways WWE is in panic mode- Network numbers aren't what they should be still so I think they're still losing money on it.

This is starting to resemble them in the mid-90s I think. Reigns may end up being the next Diesel.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
^^^^^Now we just need some crazy billionaire to buy up some indies and try and get in the wrasslin' business^^^^^^^

Is Lesnar at Fastlane? He was in the promo package for it. Just do Bryan v Lesnar at that so I can watch it. And then my network sub will run out so I can ignore Wrestlemania completely and just watch NXT on Hulu.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think it's the strain of having to put lipstick on this pig. Them being so antagonistic towards the interviewer, and not really in a usual 'Rock busts on Cole/Coach' way, comes off as awkward as hell.

That might be it. All reports say Rock was pissed at all the rewrites at the last minute and the clusterfuck at the end of the show.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I suspect somehow the Wrestlemania main event is going to be Seth Rollins(c) vs Roman. Brock will be gone before Wrestlemania.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Last night was basically "18 seconds" stretched out to 40 minutes. Real shame if we are robbed of a proportional crowd reaction the night after but peeps gotta stay safe.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Static Rook posted:

Is Lesnar at Fastlane? He was in the promo package for it. Just do Bryan v Lesnar at that so I can watch it. And then my network sub will run out so I can ignore Wrestlemania completely and just watch NXT on Hulu.

Bryan wasn't in the Fastlane promo sorry!

At least I heard he wasn't, I wasn't really paying attention.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Blast Fantasto posted:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Orgophlax posted:

Unless the swerve is to insert Orton into Brock/Reigns. ugh

Randy has always delivered great matches when he was motivated and up against interesting opponents, and I think Orton-Brock could be great. But no wonder that he just called it in when they asked him to do Cena-Orton #999

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

super macho dude posted:

I suspect somehow the Wrestlemania main event is going to be Seth Rollins(c) vs Roman. Brock will be gone before Wrestlemania.

There is no way Brock is missing out on a Wrestlemania payday.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Chromatic posted:

I think they cancel RAW tonight. With a travel ban after 9pm the people wouldn't be able to leave even after the show is over. Plus I don't think the WWE wants the bad press of several frozen corpses with RAW tickets in their hands.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a live Smackdown on Thursday though, hopefully poo poo will be cleared up by then.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Chromatic posted:

That might be it. All reports say Rock was pissed at all the rewrites at the last minute and the clusterfuck at the end of the show.

Thing is, I don't believe that much of anything involving Bryan, Reigns, or that finish was a last minute rewrite. This seems to have been their plan all along, which is even more depressing because they should've anticipated this.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

reposting from twitter thread but the key to fixing everything lies in the fact that curtis axel was never eliminated, so suck it reigns.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I"m sorry but I just can't get into Daniel Bryan anymore. The underdog stuff doesn't hold my attention anymore. Very hard to believe him as a underdog now that he has won the title. Not to mention the fact that he has become nothing more than a walking catch phrase. Him having to work YES into every loving promo is getting annoying. I'm at the point where I really don't even want to see him on my screen anymore. They have ruined DBry for me.

In a weird way, this stuff remains the best thing that could ever happen to his career. Every time this stuff happens it just adds to his lore.

I also don't think this is all about Daniel Bryan . I think it's about WWE trying to artificially create stars as opposed to letting it happen organically with the fans.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax
Also this makes getting rid of Elimination Chamber even dumber because it would be the perfect next step for Lesnar The Unstoppable Monster.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Roman's show opening promo tonight: Hickory dickory dock, now I've ruined The Rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Does J.R. still mention the WWE in his blogs ? I wonder what he will write about the Rumble...

• Locked thread