Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm playin with Buhbuhj online right now and it's fun and the netcode is miles better than Aquapazza's was, praise the lord of animes.

PC release when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Dumb anime games are fun but not socially acceptable, like weed, dank memes and arguments about favorite waifus.

Also, I came across this and you know what that's a cool vanity stick.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Saber combo list when?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

TheManSeries posted:

Saber combo list when?

Never, because there's all of about two people who play her, and her Mizuumi and JP NPB wiki pages are both forever blank.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Never, because there's all of about two people who play her, and her Mizuumi and JP NPB wiki pages are both forever blank.

why does nobody play her? from just fiddling around with her she seems pretty strong damage-wise and her moves are so big... but maybe that's just everyone in this game

edit: oh on the custom vanity stick subject has anyone seen these yet? http://www.b15sdmdesigns.com/
and are there any other custom stick makers left? not just vanity sticks but customs in general. srk was just filled with dead threads.

Zand fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 3, 2016

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
somebody post that tweet with the touch of death saber combo or whatever

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Zand posted:

why does nobody play her? from just fiddling around with her she seems pretty strong damage-wise and her moves are so big... but maybe that's just everyone in this game

Honestly? I've got no clue. From what I've picked up from super scant JPBBS translations and english language stuff, a lot of it might have to do with her coming out so late in arcades, and the JP stuff I've read says her super heavy hitting combos are really impractical apparently? She ranks around mid in the tier lists despite everything though so I couldn't give you hard reasons besides hearsay.

dragon enthusiast posted:

somebody post that tweet with the touch of death saber combo or whatever

That's the thing though, pretty much everyone has touch of death combos.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So far I'm really liking playing Saber, Homura and Chainsaw lady.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
Don't forget to get the Nitro+ characters that are free on the playstation store while they are free by the way ya'll

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

edit: oh on the custom vanity stick subject has anyone seen these yet? http://www.b15sdmdesigns.com/
and are there any other custom stick makers left? not just vanity sticks but customs in general. srk was just filled with dead threads.

I think I saw that one, if I'm not mistaken they also did this dumb arcade pad thing. On the subject of customs all I can remember is Giantsword and the guys that did the one I just posted, EFighters (They are/were Keoma's sponsors, local to Brazil obviously).

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Somebody link a nitroplus blasterz video that will help me determine whether or not I would actually enjoy this game

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

inthesto posted:

Somebody link a nitroplus blasterz video that will help me determine whether or not I would actually enjoy this game

It's not what you're asking for really but I was gonna link this anyway, it's a small playlist of videos for some of the characters with combos. Some of the videos are more worthwhile than others but it should help be a springboard for learning and figuring out poo poo to try with the characters I have videos in there for. I don't seem to have Saber vids in there for the people asking about her, but I have seen a few, just search Youtube for Nitroplus Saber or something:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSX83mAZE66trjn9h40JRb0Sk2II4kLim

Edit: Found and added some short Saber combo videos to the list.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 4, 2016

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Saber is cool and Homura is cool and Ethica is cool and I need a ps4 stick.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

uncleKitchener posted:

Play DOA, it's good and fun.

Speaking of, Bass was apparently in Tampa.
http://i.imgur.com/kFzCP5w.jpg

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Neo Helbeast posted:

Speaking of, Bass was apparently in Tampa.
http://i.imgur.com/kFzCP5w.jpg

Checks out. Shoulda picked his chainmail viking costume tho

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Is there any reason to own the PS4 version of nitroplus over the PS3 one seeing as one is 10 dollars cheaper, do they both run about the same

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mintergalactic posted:

Is there any reason to own the PS4 version of nitroplus over the PS3 one seeing as one is 10 dollars cheaper, do they both run about the same

I read here that it was solid on both

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It's by the Arcana Heart people, AFAIK, they know how to program the PS3, and the PS4 should be fine obviously.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

inthesto posted:

https://youtu.be/0_UgATKBKuw?t=28m5s

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

whelp time to dehumanize mylsef

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Pomp posted:

whelp time to dehumanize mylsef

Speaking of Sonico...

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Sonico is silly in the best way in Nitroplus Blasterz. Also, she gets 7.1k damage for one meter off her 5A which seems pretty good to me:

5AA(4 hits) 6A jc. j.A(2 hits) dj.A(2 hits) XX j.421A, land j.A(2 hits) dj.A(2hits)A~j.5B XX j.623B(2 hits) XX 421A+B

I found out the hard way that this combo drops on Homura at the j.5B part (she falls too fast). However, you can change the ender to j.2C XX j.421AB and it'll work on her for not much less damage.

I also played around with that combo and the Althea assist and found this pattern that seems to work on everyone and does 8169 for one bar or 9144 for two bars:

5AA 6A jc j.A(2) dj.A(2) XX j.421A, land j.A(2) djA(2)A~j.2C XX Althea, dash, 236A XX 421AB or (C+E~mash A) [8169 or 9144]
- Do 236A as second hit of Althea connects, cancel into either super as third hit of Althea connects

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007
If anyone was wondering if the Mad Catz FightStick Alpha moves around when you use it:

https://twitter.com/MadCatz/status/695040405616734208

This is why arcade sticks with small cases are bad. It's not very stable even when it's played on a desk. Look at how it bounced when he did Kazuya's CD+3 (the flying kick), which is basically a DP motion.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Atlanteans perfected the arcade stick in 1000BC and the VSHG was based on stolen plans from the and that's why they don't make them anymore

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Fayk posted:

Atlanteans perfected the arcade stick in 1000BC and the VSHG was based on stolen plans from the and that's why they don't make them anymore
Only place the VSHG hosed up was not being carved from glowing, runecovered stone.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Whats with the ripple effect that was going on, it looked hella strange even for a game where I can't tell 95% of what is happening.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
One of the assists was doing that. The ripples appear for a few seconds, and then those spots get blasted. Get away from your opponents ripples.

Pancakius
Sep 2, 2011
That assist also hits the user as well, so you can theoretically combo into one of the counter supers using it.

Unfortunately I think the placement is randomized so it's possible to get completely hosed over by RNG like a few of the other assists in the game.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

mango sentinel posted:

Only place the VSHG hosed up was not being carved from glowing, runecovered stone.

if yours isn't glowing anymore you might need to re-enchant

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I don't really get the Tekken console release strategy. It seems like they could port their current game to a console and have a Tekken that people could play on the current generation of consoles and then update that later with DLC or whatever, but who knows

It's weird to me that they wouldn't have ANY Tekken game on the PS4 for that long

Real hurthling! posted:

its kinda nice that they just release the game and you don't need to keep up with updates

Hareda gave an interview in 2012 when he said that character dlc is "against his philosophy" so he likes to put out a complete and refined package for home players after everything has been figured out in arcades.
http://www.gamesradar.com/tekken-dlc-will-never-cost-extra-new-fighters-says-harada/

he's probably leaving money on the table but its good for players and makes his budgeting easier
I believe Harada's also said in the past that the enhanced console versions are funded by the arcade versions. Like, Namco takes a cut of every coin inserted into the game in Asian and Japanese arcades, making both the case and the budget for the updated port.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Fayk posted:

The perfect arcade input device was known as the Greek Fire Tournament Edition but the ways of making it have been lost, and we still don't know how to replicate it with modern technology

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

The perfect arcade input device was known as the Greek Fire Tournament Edition but the ways of making it have been lost, and we still don't know how to replicate it with modern technology

I prefer the Antikythera board, myself. :colbert:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:allears: Harada treating the SF character better than Capcom.

Tekken 7 FR trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_stb1Tsz3Y

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 5, 2016

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Tekken 7 has more zoning than sf5

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
I really didn't expect akuma to just have a straight super meter, that's kindof awesome. Wonder if/when they'll do more character specific resources.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Tekken 7 FR trailer:

:suspense:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

looks sicks but does anyone have any idea what the new system does? I couldn't tell from the trailer, looks kinda like tekken chars get EX moves too some how

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

boxcarhobo posted:

looks sicks but does anyone have any idea what the new system does? I couldn't tell from the trailer, looks kinda like tekken chars get EX moves too some how

You spend your rage to do one attack that has different properties depending on character. Some get combo extensions others get super armor etc.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I am unreasonably excited about the character customization being back

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

Tekken 7 FR trailer:

Why is it taking so long for Tekken 7 to come to the United States? Hasn't the arcade version been out for like two years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

I said come in! posted:

Why is it taking so long for Tekken 7 to come to the United States? Hasn't the arcade version been out for like two years?

this is how tekken works, friend

we get the final version on console and it is feature complete because harada does not believe in DLC

with patience, good things come

• Locked thread