Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

By that point it's time to reset and get delicious prestige.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

So I have 14 time machines, and 35 antimatter condensers left to hit 100 for each of those. They seem miles away, and yet were I to reset right now my Heavenly Chip count is less than 50.

I can afford the overseers if I sit on my hands until Thursday, but that seems so long to wait.

I hit a quadrillion cookies overnight. Should I... reset? :ohdear:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Nth Doctor posted:

So I have 14 time machines, and 35 antimatter condensers left to hit 100 for each of those. They seem miles away, and yet were I to reset right now my Heavenly Chip count is less than 50.

I can afford the overseers if I sit on my hands until Thursday, but that seems so long to wait.

I hit a quadrillion cookies overnight. Should I... reset? :ohdear:

Roll up your sleeves and start clicking them golden cookies.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah, golden cookies increase your income by a factor of 30-50 once you have all the upgrades and bank enough to maximize frenzied lucky cookies, depending on how lucky you are with getting lucky cookies while still frenzied.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I couldn't hold out on clicking the cookie while waiting for golden cookies to click. I must... Click the cookie.

(The first two were frenzies and I got frustrated so I'll try that some other time)

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Sindai posted:

Yeah, golden cookies increase your income by a factor of 30-50 once you have all the upgrades and bank enough to maximize frenzied lucky cookies, depending on how lucky you are with getting lucky cookies while still frenzied.

Yeah, I need to pay better attention to my cookie window. I do have all of the golden cookie upgrades, and I'm chipping away at the flavored cookie upgrades, but at my current rate it will take me a few days to finish knocking those out as well.

Let's do this. :getin:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

What the gently caress is a "British Tea Biscuit" and why are there so many varieties? Think I finally managed to buy them all though.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Sage Grimm posted:

Remember when making your first million cookies was like the best thing ever? A trillion is no longer enough. A quadrillion barely scratches that itch. I need a quintillion now, man, and it's oh so far away. I'm coming down off my sugar rush and everything tastes like ashes.

I'm already working on sextillion cookies. I have 200 quintillion cookies baked all time.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Just hit my 1Bil CPS mark!

We are all very obviously in need of help.

deptstoremook
Jan 12, 2004
my mom got scared and said "you're moving with your Aunt and Uncle in Bel-Air!"
Ya know, this is definitely a Skinner Box / treadmill / whatever, but Orteil seems pretty serious about making the clicker itself a base for a lot of other traditional games--his recent Tumblr comments suggest he wants each building to have a little mini-game attached to it. I think that's really awesome and I'm glad this game is getting so much attention. Let's face it, it's a lot of fun.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i1wyc_G1ec

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

deptstoremook posted:

Ya know, this is definitely a Skinner Box / treadmill / whatever, but Orteil seems pretty serious about making the clicker itself a base for a lot of other traditional games--his recent Tumblr comments suggest he wants each building to have a little mini-game attached to it. I think that's really awesome and I'm glad this game is getting so much attention. Let's face it, it's a lot of fun.

Click the cookie. Click Grandma's ingredients. Click pitchfork. Click conveyor belt. Click mining pick. Click rockets. Click. Click. ClickclickclickclickCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK :unsmigghh:

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth

SlayVus posted:

I'm already working on sextillion cookies. I have 200 quintillion cookies baked all time.

Yes, we know, you cheated and now have a gazillion cookies as a result. Quickly tell everyone.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Cookie Monster now counts down to the next Golden Cookie in the titlebar. Best mod ever.

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Merijn posted:

I think you are mistaken. Grandma's breasts are quite perky.

O-oh Grandma :corsair:

v I feel like the fabric of reality is unfolding around me.

El Belmondo fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 17, 2013

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Haha, the Fire Emblem character designer drew Grandma.

Cookies are taking over the world.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

It's loving happening.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

LAY-ZX posted:

Haha, the Fire Emblem character designer drew Grandma.

Cookies are taking over the world.

Well that's only mildly to moderately terrifying. :stare:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Your cookies are popular in distant foreign lands.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

SlayVus posted:

Pssh, I bet you're super-jealous that you didn't cheat as much as I did. :smug:

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

How do you only have a zillion cookies when you're baking at a rate of infinity per second? :colbert:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's actually a Likeazillion, which is a theoretical infinite infinite number.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Thanks for talking me out of resetting, goon bakers. I've got nearly 750 trillion cookies baked now, with all of the British Tea Cookie upgrades and life has never looked better in my cookie-based nightmare universe. :shobon:

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Argh, every hour I forget that I must buy the Elder Pledge again, so I end up clicking Blood Cookies...
In 2 days, I only got 2 Elder Frenzies :qq:

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
So is it just me or is the granny icon based on this??

Change caption to: THAT REALLY MOISTENS MY COOKIES.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Okay, I really like cookie monster. I never installed it before, but when I saw it had a countdown to next cookie, it's nice knowing whether there will be a second cookie during my frenzy. If there isn't, I can just tab out.

edit: Also holy poo poo the final cats would just about double my cps. 1/3 the way there now.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 17, 2013

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

AlternateAccount posted:

So is it just me or is the granny icon based on this??

Change caption to: THAT REALLY MOISTENS MY COOKIES.

I knew that I recognized the granny picture from somewhere.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

drat red cookies. All I ever get from them is Clot and Ruin.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

I wish the calculator displayed cps˛ (as in, how much cps you are gaining per second assuming you follow the optimal upgrade path)

Because it's fun to think about but I hate figuring it out manually because that takes time away from my cookies

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
All this thing has taught me is that no matter how much I get, I will never be happy.

There is not enough dough to fill this void. I need more. More chips into the maw.

e: I have three billion cps and I feel nothing.

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:
Heavenly Chips make this game go so much faster. I reset a few hours ago and I already have 10 Antimatter Condensers.

Svartvit
Jun 18, 2005

al-Qabila samaa Bahth
Had all upgrades and achievements (except for black cat paw) and 40 bil cps but reset for another 240 chips and a shot at a quintillion. I'm thinking that's going to be a future achievement. God, why am I never done with this.

JimmyBiskit
Nov 15, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4VyNyoh0BQ

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Holy poo poo! Someone transformed my dream into reality:

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

This looks like one of those ridiculous SHMUP games.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

McDragon posted:

What the gently caress is a "British Tea Biscuit" and why are there so many varieties? Think I finally managed to buy them all though.

Biscuit is the British name for a cookie.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Tiler Kiwi posted:

All this thing has taught me is that no matter how much I get, I will never be happy.

There is not enough dough to fill this void. I need more. More chips into the maw.

e: I have three billion cps and I feel nothing.

I just broke the 500 billion per second point for the first time (under a Frenzy, mind) and nothing. Not even a crumb.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I just got a Clicking Frenzy during a Frenzy and clicked out about a quadrillion cookies in 30 seconds.

But it's not enough.

It's never enough.

RubberBands Hurt
Dec 13, 2004

seriously, wtf

Bisse posted:

drat red cookies. All I ever get from them is Clot and Ruin.

The special cookies have a reduced chance to be the same thing twice in a row, so the trick is to never click the red cookie after you get a good result.

And to always click the red cookie after a bad result.

Also, if you assume the cookie after your good click is bad, then the next cookie after the skipped one is more likely to be beneficial again.

Or cheat. That's the real trick.

RubberBands Hurt fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 17, 2013

Thurin
Jun 24, 2006
consumerism.js

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Kitten Overseers just doubled my cps to a cool 33 billion :3:

• Locked thread