Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Woodchip posted:

The past two Royal Rumbles?

Those were abortions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Red posted:

Those were abortions
Both good examples of a late and early trimester abortion at that too

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I am so pissed this year's Wrestlemania looks to be dogshit. I was really excited for it coming to the Bay Area but there's no way I am forking over a few hundred bucks and dealing with the headache getting to Levi's stadium for what amounts to a massive wet fart. Not even to heckle the poo poo out of Reigns. Maybe they'll have another one of the big PPVs here when the new Warriors arena gets built

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Gaz-L posted:

Yup. Dude hates the word 'belt' for some reason. I think there was a quote about 'belts are what hold up pants" or something equally dumb.

And yeah, it makes the announcers seem crazy, when at no point has Barrett ever NOT been the champion during this.

He thinks "belt" is a wrasslin term. My memory is super fuzzy on this but I think there was a story a few years back when Floyd or some other boxer was backstage talking about titles he'd won. He used the word "belt", and HHH asked him if that's really the word they used in real sports. The boxer said yeah, and HHH rolled his eyes at Vince's nonsense

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So I got a set of Shotgun Saturday Night 1997 since the Network won't feed my need for WWF B shows

I loaded an episode and it turns out they had a rebranded version of the show just for the NYC market called WWF New York. It had its own intro, commentary and graphics.

This episode is showing matches from "Friday Nights Main Event"

I feel like I'm watching some kind of WWF parallel universe or something with all these shows I've never heard of

Edit: this is so loving weird. They are airing a long hype video about The Patriot, including footage of him wrestling in Japan.

They're showing his face kind of, but obscuring it. While telling you his name and showing footage of him playing football

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 4, 2015

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Colonel Wood posted:

I am so pissed this year's Wrestlemania looks to be dogshit. I was really excited for it coming to the Bay Area but there's no way I am forking over a few hundred bucks and dealing with the headache getting to Levi's stadium for what amounts to a massive wet fart. Not even to heckle the poo poo out of Reigns. Maybe they'll have another one of the big PPVs here when the new Warriors arena gets built

Bummed out about it myself. I've been to the past 3 Manias and was stoked to carry on the tradition of vacationing during/going to Wrestlemania, but this one is such a disappointment already that I'm not even bothering with going to California. Could have turned it all around with my main man D Bry winning the Rumble, but of course we couldn't have that.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

triplexpac posted:

So I got a set of Shotgun Saturday Night 1997 since the Network won't feed my need for WWF B shows

I loaded an episode and it turns out they had a rebranded version of the show just for the NYC market called WWF New York. It had its own intro, commentary and graphics.

This episode is showing matches from "Friday Nights Main Event"

I feel like I'm watching some kind of WWF parallel universe or something with all these shows I've never heard of

Edit: this is so loving weird. They are airing a long hype video about The Patriot, including footage of him wrestling in Japan.

They're showing his face kind of, but obscuring it. While telling you his name and showing footage of him playing football

Friday's Night Main Event was just more or less a one off thing in '97 because of the US Open.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Imagine if there was a linear history of the IC title. Even if you just did the last two years, heck, even one year, it would be a joke. The champ would probably be down in NXT.

tuckfard fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 4, 2015

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

He thinks "belt" is a wrasslin term. My memory is super fuzzy on this but I think there was a story a few years back when Floyd or some other boxer was backstage talking about titles he'd won. He used the word "belt", and HHH asked him if that's really the word they used in real sports. The boxer said yeah, and HHH rolled his eyes at Vince's nonsense

That'd probably just make Vince hate it more. Who cares if Floyd Mayweather and Ronda Rousey talk about defending their belts, not their 'championship titles'? WWE isn't a SPORT, it's ENTERTAINMENT, DAMNIT!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Erebus posted:

Man I really missed out by only starting to watch wrestling recently

You're just watching the wrong promotion:

https://vine.co/v/O01pBKtJbq2

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

I had a idea that suddenly hit me.

Ziggler and Stardust should become a tag team.

Ziggy Stardust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLYafk0Lui0

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

maxallen posted:

I had a idea that suddenly hit me.

Ziggler and Stardust should become a tag team.

Ziggy Stardust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLYafk0Lui0

I call dibs on breaking Dolphs hands.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

One of the least poo poo RAWs I've seen in ages. Very Promo heavy but it just had a better feel.
  • Cena called Stephanie a bitch
  • Mizdow and Miz did penis jokes
  • The Intercontinental Championship switcheroo games
  • Big Show and Kane barely showed up
  • Jon Stewart section was actually cool

Don't really remember any of the matches, but I am still waking away feeling strangely satisfied.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

WWE took the accusations made two years ago by Austin Matelson very seriously, conducted a full investigation and was unable to validate the claims. Regardless, WWE continues to reinforce policies and procedures to ensure a positive training environment.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Did Cena calling Steph a bitch seem really weird to anyone else? It didn't really feel right coming from Cena.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

OldTennisCourt posted:

Did Cena calling Steph a bitch seem really weird to anyone else? It didn't really feel right coming from Cena.

Cena gave us all a peek into a possible Heel Cena persona last night. Not only did he call Stephanie a bitch, but he was very non-Rapadoo while giving Axel a thousand yard stare during his in-ring theatrics, and then when he put Axel in the STFU, for the first time in a lonnnnnnnnng time, he put about as much torque as one possibly can into the hold. I don't think i've seen Cena put that much effort into an STFU in ages.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Gonzo McFee posted:

I have no idea why they don't make money a motivation more often. It's instantly relatable, adds meaning to meaningless matches and as you say adds depth to characters like Owens.

According to Cornette Vince doesn't like angles relating to money, as it gives the impression that the talent is struggling for money which takes away from the "superstar" quality he wants to give them. The one guy who seems to be able to get away with doing such angles was Shawn who pretty much fought for any angle he was involved in.

Note he doesn't mind angles where its an obvious display of wealth, he just doesn't like ones where talent is on hard times.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Skinty McEdger posted:

According to Cornette Vince doesn't like angles relating to money, as it gives the impression that the talent is struggling for money which takes away from the "superstar" quality he wants to give them. The one guy who seems to be able to get away with doing such angles was Shawn who pretty much fought for any angle he was involved in.

Note he doesn't mind angles where its an obvious display of wealth, he just doesn't like ones where talent is on hard times.

But... but... what about every time they do an angle implying that their wrestlers NEED their WWE jobs or they wont be able to provide for their family. What about Big Show?! WHAT?!

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Onmi posted:

But... but... what about every time they do an angle implying that their wrestlers NEED their WWE jobs or they wont be able to provide for their family. What about Big Show?! WHAT?!

Hard to make money after you've died of a heart attack due to being a giant.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Onmi posted:

Thats obviously different, because if they weren't employed by the WWE they wouldn't be superstars.

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Teddybear posted:

(I suppose there were early signs that I was gay.)

Sup. Gay wrestling fans for life.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
As a casual fan of wrestling it's amazing how much of vince's personal hangups influence the product.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

Did Stephanie calling him out on his sexism make her a face in that encounter? :psyduck:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Stephanie's new gimmick of awkwardly shoehorning in WOMEN ARE DISRESPECTED out of nowhere is really funny but I don't know if she's doing it it for heel heat or because she feels it's topical.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Timby posted:

I also wonder if Undertaker's heart is even in it this time around. Having the match where he finally dropped the Streak (which wasn't even his idea) be a complete wet fart because he got concussed about five minutes into it had to bother him, I imagine.

This probably means I'm a giant mark but I think he's probably pissed at how poo poo his last match was and is going to put on a much better show this year. He seems like a real pro who is big into his legacy, and I think he'll break his neck in the ring before he goes out on a poo poo match.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Gonz posted:

Cena gave us all a peek into a possible Heel Cena persona last night. Not only did he call Stephanie a bitch, but he was very non-Rapadoo while giving Axel a thousand yard stare during his in-ring theatrics, and then when he put Axel in the STFU, for the first time in a lonnnnnnnnng time, he put about as much torque as one possibly can into the hold. I don't think i've seen Cena put that much effort into an STFU in ages.

Isn't Emotionless Wrestling Machine his old heel persona from the good old days?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Nothing about that segment made Cena come off as a heel. It was really good. Stephanie is a piece of poo poo!!!!!!!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Isn't Emotionless Wrestling Machine his old heel persona from the good old days?

No the Prototype was arrogant as gently caress that he thought he was literal perfection. Corny basically called him a modern day Ric Flair and thought he could have truly been had the rapping thing not come up.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Now beating up Curtis Axel, who by the end of the match had been reduced to a babbling homeless man hanging on to a dream and a tear, *that* was Cena just being a dick.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gonz posted:

Cena gave us all a peek into a possible Heel Cena persona last night.

Cena is never turning heel.

Everyone print this out and tape it to the inside of your eyeglasses or something. It's a false hope. As long as Vincent K. MacMahon is drawing breath, Cena will never be a heel.

Booked like one, yes. Hated like one, sure. But he will remain a face to the entire company.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Old man Cena's just getting grumpy his eyesite is going.

Thus being unable to see his opponents.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Chokes McGee posted:

Cena is never turning heel.

Everyone print this out and tape it to the inside of your eyeglasses or something. It's a false hope. As long as Vincent K. MacMahon is drawing breath, Cena will never be a heel.

Booked like one, yes. Hated like one, sure. But he will remain a face to the entire company.

Oh no, I know he won't. I should've phrased that like "If Cena were ever turning heel (which he won't), last night was the most heelish i've seen him perform in a while and would probably be more along the lines of how he'd act if he were." Dude was like an angry wrestle-bot last night who looked like he wanted to rip Axel's head off.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

HulkaMatt posted:

Stephanie's new gimmick of awkwardly shoehorning in WOMEN ARE DISRESPECTED out of nowhere is really funny but I don't know if she's doing it it for heel heat or because she feels it's topical.

I had this same thought during her promo last night. What does she think she is accomplishing? I love it, because she is failing at both.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

NowonSA posted:

It's hilarious to me that despite it not making one iota of sense on what we've seen for the past few weeks, Vince can change his mind one week away from Mania and add Daniel Bryan to the main event, or even take Reigns out of it, or put someone else in the main event spot (AXELMANIA), and with the insane way WWE is being run it would be allowed to happen. It's not at all likely to happen, but just the fact that it could happen blows my mind.

Roman Reigns will beat Brock Lesnar clean at Wrestlemania for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

If you think otherwise for a second...

http://a.pomf.se/ilmika.webm

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DeathChicken posted:

Now beating up Curtis Axel, who by the end of the match had been reduced to a babbling homeless man hanging on to a dream and a tear, *that* was Cena just being a dick.

So in Cena's mind, he and Axel are now best friends :shobon:

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I don't know, it was nice to see John Cena actually react to something and seem to care instead of laughing it all off.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It came off as a Cena throwing a pouty temper tantrum because his teacher wouldn't let him go on the class field trip, and then he beat up the weird kid who kinda smells like pee just because he could.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013
Smackdown report.

Got to see Bryan, Ambrose, AJ, Paige, Bo Dallas, Tyler Breeze, Sasha Banks, and Cesaro swing someone so I'm happy.

People here loved Reigns, but loved Bryan and Ambrose more. Ziggler, R-Truth, Mizdow, Paige, and #Axelmania all got pretty big pops. Dark match was Big Show, Bray, Seth vs Bryan, Ambrose, Reigns with mostly Bryan doing it all, Ambrose loving with Seth, and Reigns coming in at the end to do his finishers so it was fun.

Most unintentionally amusing thing was watching the Ascension squat down for two minutes waiting to pop up into camera view.

I don't think I will go to a live event working with commercials again. It was weird seeing them come out, stop the music, stand around doing nothing, then start the music again to continue. I had always assumed that was done with clever editing instead. I'll stick with house shows and maybe go to a PPV if one is close by.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

sticklefifer posted:

It came off as a Cena throwing a pouty temper tantrum because his teacher wouldn't let him go on the class field trip, and then he beat up the weird kid who kinda smells like pee just because he could.

Funnily enough, this week's Best and Worst of Raw put an even finer point on it. An excerpt:

"Here’s the thing: John Cena is used to getting what he wants. He’s popular with children because he’s the Ultimate Child. Why do you think he’s always dressed like that? He’s the perfect adult version of an upset, raging toddler. He’s able to hold his breath longer and stomp his feet louder than any child could and get what he wants, every time. He can’t be punished. He can’t be grounded. He says I WANT THIS and if you tell him no, he calls you names and threatens you. You have to give in. He’ll 'never give up' because he doesn’t (or can’t) have an adult’s perspective. He’s Veruca Salt in the body of a 37-year old body builder."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*
I didn't see anyone mention this but there was note in the Observer that Bryan was unable to raise his right arm over his head for a minute or two after Monday's match with Harper where he took those stupid bumps.

• Locked thread