Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

I don't blame them considering they never really bounced back from the disaster of Ultimatum.

Lets not forget the amazing storyline where they turned Nightcrawler into a raging homophobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well he is catholic...

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

notthegoatseguy posted:

One was a deranged, intelligent, and insane clone with a deformed face. I guessed at the time that this was the "Kaine" like clone. Fairly certain he died in one of the big battles.

Is this the one that was hanging out with the ultimates for a while?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Nevvy Z posted:

Is this the one that was hanging out with the ultimates for a while?

No, that was an unrelated character that Millar introduced who had nothing to do with Spider-Man or the clone saga.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
And a Chinese spy. *sigh*

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ultimates needs to change artist really loving soon because it's just not working at all for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ultimates needs to change artist really loving soon because it's just not working at all for me.

I honestly don't think it has legs without Bendis writing it. We're gonna be down to one UU book by the end of the year I bet.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001
Fiffe is doing a pretty good job. I re-read all three issues the other night and it's building nicely. I agree that the art is bringing the book down a little bit. Not that the art is even bad or anything, it just doesn't really work with the story. In an ideal world, Fiffe would be drawing it as well, but that would delay Copra even more and nobody wants that. Milonogiannis is going to be a nice addition to the team-- he had a character sketch in the newest Copra and it was awesome.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Miles' book isn't all that great so far, either. As disjointed and off-putting as it can be, at least Ultimates feels like it's going somewhere new.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/918?stockItemID=JUN140639

New artist starting on #6. He's really good but I'm not sure he's done superhero stuff before? Check out Prophet or Old City Blues if you wanna see his art.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The art on Ultimate is alright, but the writing still really is a problem for me as it seems to be a bunch of disconnected scenes with no flow at all to it.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Deadpool posted:

I take it as confirmation that people won't buy comics with art that actually hurts your eyes.

But think how much money Marvel saved! Seriously Marvel seems to be hiring a lot of artists outside of the US for dirt cheap rates, quality be damned.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

E the Shaggy posted:

But think how much money Marvel saved! Seriously Marvel seems to be hiring a lot of artists outside of the US for dirt cheap rates, quality be damned.

The art on most Marvel books I read ranges from good to great for the most part so I don't get where this "a lot" comes from really but the art in UFF may be the worst I've seen in a Marvel book in a long long time. In fact I'm having a hard time coming up with much of anything I can remember being worse.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Bachalo/Miki on the World Tour arc of Ultimate X-Men.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Clone Peter is just Jessica in another ill advised costume change.

That's why her phone was off. I can't believe you guys missed that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Aphrodite posted:

Clone Peter is just Jessica in another ill advised costume change.

That's why her phone was off. I can't believe you guys missed that.

This is too stupid for me to entertain, but I shall force myself to anyway. I now have a brain aneurysm.:downs:

And yeah, the art in the Ultimates is driving me bonkers. I'm still interested in seeing where this is going, but holy crap it looks so damned bad. It's impressive as hell that Ganke can go from chunky Asian kid in MM Spider-Man, to slimmed down Asian-ish guy in Ultimates. Art continuity!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

This is too stupid for me to entertain, but I shall force myself to anyway. I now have a brain aneurysm.:downs:

And yeah, the art in the Ultimates is driving me bonkers. I'm still interested in seeing where this is going, but holy crap it looks so damned bad. It's impressive as hell that Ganke can go from chunky Asian kid in MM Spider-Man, to slimmed down Asian-ish guy in Ultimates. Art continuity!

It could be worse. It could be the UFF art.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Milonogiannis comes on at what? Issue 7?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Kaleidoscope posted:

Milonogiannis comes on at what? Issue 7?

Yup.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I really hope Bendis didn't just kill off Monica Chang for no reason.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Wanderer posted:

I really hope Bendis didn't just kill off Monica Chang for no reason.

I assume she is going to revealed to be alive, but they will have to put her under a mask.

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013
LMD to establish her as nuFury and to undercut Osborn's rant.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Do sentinels still rule the southwest?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Sithsaber posted:

Hahaha look at this guy, expecting the Ultimate universe to pay any fuckin attention to its own continuity.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sithsaber posted:

Nope. The X-Men dealt with that.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Can I post that map again?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Can I post that map again?

The one from Kamandi, the last boy on Earth?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Close.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
That joke never gets old. Also as a southerner in July, I can confirm that it is the map is very accurate in its labeling of the Strange Fire Area.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The orangutan surfing civilization should be an ongoing.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Oh poo poo, I hadn't seen that, I was just making a joke (I'd seen the original, and the awesome Kamandi map, but not the mash-up).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's the one good post I ever made on this forum. :unsmith:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It's the one good post I ever made on this forum. :unsmith:

It depicts a much better event than what we got.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Hi. So I'm looking for some help in trying to figure out in what loving order I am supposed to read Ultimate Spiderman. Why in the name of all that is holy do they reuse the same name and numbering? So let me see if I understand what I've got.

Ultimate SPiderman 1-160

Ultimate Comics Ultimate spiderman 1-28

Cataclysm I think?

Miles Morales Ultimate Spiderman 1-3

Does that seem like the whole freaking thing because good lord it was hard to figure what to read and in what order. I dig Miles, great story with him so far.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Ramadu posted:

Hi. So I'm looking for some help in trying to figure out in what loving order I am supposed to read Ultimate Spiderman. Why in the name of all that is holy do they reuse the same name and numbering? So let me see if I understand what I've got.

Does that seem like the whole freaking thing because good lord it was hard to figure what to read and in what order. I dig Miles, great story with him so far.

You're in luck, because I just wrote up this exact thing for a friend of mine! I omitted things that were largely irrelevant to Spider-man, but included events he participated in. Here we go:

USM v1
Ultimatum takes place near the end of v1 but it's unimportant to Spider-man.
Ultimate Enemy is marginally important and takes place some unspecified time after v2 starts but before issue 155
USM v2 (note that v2 starts from #1, but eventually reverts back to the original numbering starting with #150)
Ultimate Fallout 01, 02, 04, 06

UCSM 01-18
Spider-Men
UCSM 19-28
Hunger (not important but gives context for Cataclysm)
Cataclysm: Spider-Man (important)
Cataclysm (a bit important)

Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Argue posted:

You're in luck, because I just wrote up this exact thing for a friend of mine! I omitted things that were largely irrelevant to Spider-man, but included events he participated in. Here we go:

USM v1
Ultimate Enemy is marginally important and takes place some unspecified time after v2 starts but before issue 155
USM v2 (note that v2 starts from #1, but eventually reverts back to the original numbering starting with #150)

UCSM 01-18
Spider-Men
UCSM 19-28

Cool, thanks. I guess the more important question is do I have the issue numbers I listed right? I feel like I missed something going from UCUS 28 ---> MMUSM 1-3. I read Cataclysm but it just feels like I'm missing something.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ramadu posted:

Cool, thanks. I guess the more important question is do I have the issue numbers I listed right? I feel like I missed something going from UCUS 28 ---> MMUSM 1-3. I read Cataclysm but it just feels like I'm missing something.

The one shot Survive comes out between Cataclysm and MMUSM, but it's more important to the New Ultimates stuff

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Argue posted:

USM v1

UCSM 01-18
Spider-Men
UCSM 19-28

There is also a mini called Ultimate Six that takes place after the....5th or so story of USM v1? It is basically a Sinister Six Team-Up and also Spidey teams up with the Ultimates. It is mostly a huge brawl but has some important plot points that set up stuff for the main title later.

Ultimate Spider-Man: Requiem is also really loving good but might technically be a Ultimatum tie in so I don't know how that was collected.

Ultimate Annuals also seem to be collected together. IE Spidey's annual is collected with X, Ultimates, etc... rather than in a Spidey collection.

Ultimate Origins also has one issue that focuses on Richard Parker working with a young Banner and even younger Pym but Bendis has pretty much ignored Origins despite it having some pretty good set up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

There is also a mini called Ultimate Six that takes place after the....5th or so story of USM v1? It is basically a Sinister Six Team-Up and also Spidey teams up with the Ultimates. It is mostly a huge brawl but has some important plot points that set up stuff for the main title later.

Ultimate Spider-Man: Requiem is also really loving good but might technically be a Ultimatum tie in so I don't know how that was collected.

Ultimate Annuals also seem to be collected together. IE Spidey's annual is collected with X, Ultimates, etc... rather than in a Spidey collection.

Ultimate Origins also has one issue that focuses on Richard Parker working with a young Banner and even younger Pym but Bendis has pretty much ignored Origins despite it having some pretty good set up.

Ultimate 6 is collected in Volume 9 of Ultimate Spider-man. As for Ultimate Spider-Man: Requiem its collected with the other requiem issues, and in one of the Hardcovers. The annuals you can get in the normal trades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

My favorite part about Ultimate Six is how pretty much every single Ultimate is like "Who's this baby kid loser nerd?" about Peter until Fury tells them to shut the gently caress up because he took down ALL the villains they're getting owned by.

• Locked thread