Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PopRocks
Jul 4, 2003

WTF am I reading?

AlbieQuirky posted:

There are formal programs for disrupting adoptions, though. "Go on Internet and foist them on strangers" is a poo poo way to approach the issue.

But if they do things the proper way they get flagged and can't adopt more kids. "We want a kid, we just dont want this kid, we didn't think being a parent should be hard work!" They need to channel their inner Angelina Jolie and collect their rainbow of perfect, well-behaved foreign children, if they surrender them properly they can't keep trying to amass kids like others horde cats.

Better to just give them to pedophiles and fellow child-horders who care even less than you do, or those who've already had kids taken away due to beig unfit. Power of attorney is still somehow legal even if you've had other kids taken away. Seriously that article is the hugest bummer.

Edit:

Whatev posted:

Americans use the Internet to abandon children adopted from overseas

This is probably the most appropriate thread for this. Reuters did an investigative report on online child exchanges here in the States, and it is pretty disturbing. The text of the article is awful enough, but it also has an online graphic database you can explore that documents posts from parents looking to get rid of their kids. If you're really sensitive about troubled children, it'll probably make you cry and ruin your day.

PopRocks has a new favorite as of 07:40 on Sep 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
My one-house-past-next-door neighbors, who were very poor caregivers to begin with, if not outright molesting their children, adopted two Chinese twins my little sisters age at 5. One of them ended up having food issues (stealing from other kids lunch boxes, basically any food that wasn't fully secured she'd take). This is not something she carried over from her parents; or if it was, it was only reinforced by my neighbors.

Aside to explain the neighbors, feel free to disregard if you don't distrust me. I remember going to hang out with the child my age in the home after school in second grade, because my mother was busy. His mother made us lunch, and it was bologna sandwiches. I don't, and never have by choice, eaten pork. I said, "I'm sorry, my family doesn't eat this, I don't need something else, but if anyone else wants it, they can have it." I'm sure it wasn't in those words, but that was the message. In her exact words, she said, "You sit and you eat, you are a guest in this house and this is what we eat in this house, or you go home!" So, I went home, and waited outside for a few hours until my mother came home. This is the same parental group that would yell at their children to fight to the end to resolve differences as opposed to, y'know, be parents. They would do this with guests over, be they children or adults. After that day, I wasn't allowed inside their house.

Anyway, at age thirteen they had had enough, so they put one of the two twins up for adoption again and told the other that she has no sister. I thought that was the most heartless thing I had ever heard and, to this day, still is in the top 3.

There is a happy(ish) ending, however. I went to a Maggiano's in a bigger city, and the abandoned twin ended up being our server. I said "I'm sorry to bring up bad memories, but were you my neighbor for a while?" She said that she was, after I told her my name, and she's doing well for herself--working service to pay for school, back in contact with her twin, who moved out and cut contact the day she turned 18, and getting promoted as often as it happens in a restaurant. I know this isn't an unnerving Wikipedia page, but after the creepy adoption run, I wanted everyone to know that once in a while, things work out.

Note: I am not justifying the social media child trade; I find it disgusting and wrong. Lord, if this had been around back then, I'm sure she wouldn't have found better parents. I just thought that this thread was really hitting home and some people would appreciate a story that ends up okay in the end.

Averrences
May 3, 2008

Brother Jonathan posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_Goldsboro_B-52_crash

A B-52 carrying nuclear warheads crashed over North Carolina in 1961. How close was the United States to having a hydrogen bomb explode over the country?

The United States actually had several examples of an accidental nuclear explosion on U.S territory, the scary part is the fact that we only know about the declassified ones - there are apparently several more that remain secret - a 1970 study by one of America's nuclear weapon laboratories, obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, stated that at least 1,200 weapons were involved in accidents between 1950 and 1968:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/14/nuclear-weapons-accident-waiting-to-happen

The Guardian posted:

Two of the more dangerous accidents occurred in one month. On 15 September 1980, one of the engines on a B-52 bomber caught fire at Grand Forks air force base in North Dakota. The plane was carrying four hydrogen bombs and eight short-range missiles with nuclear warheads. A strong wind kept the flames away from the weapons, and a fireman climbed into the burning plane, put out the fire, and averted a disaster. Three days later a technician dropped a tool in the silo of a Titan II intercontinental ballistic missile near Damascus, Arkansas. The tool hit the bottom of the silo, bounced, struck the side of the missile, pierced the skin and caused a fuel leak. The Titan II was carrying the most powerful nuclear warhead ever built by the US. Despite a heroic effort to save the missile, it exploded – but the warhead didn't detonate. Both states could have been destroyed.

Averrences has a new favorite as of 09:10 on Sep 19, 2013

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Averrences posted:

The United States actually had several examples of an accidental nuclear explosion on U.S territory, the scary part is the fact that we only know about the declassified ones - there are apparently several more that remain secret - a 1970 study by one of America's nuclear weapon laboratories, obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, stated that at least 1,200 weapons were involved in accidents between 1950 and 1968:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/14/nuclear-weapons-accident-waiting-to-happen
Eh. Nuclear explosives aren't like dynamite - they're actually quite tricky to set off. Certainly it's not like fire is going to ignite a nuclear reaction in any realistic sense, as that passage seems to be suggesting.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Strudel Man posted:

Eh. Nuclear explosives aren't like dynamite - they're actually quite tricky to set off. Certainly it's not like fire is going to ignite a nuclear reaction in any realistic sense, as that passage seems to be suggesting.

Yeah, when you're dealing with something so dangerous, you take a whole loving lot of precautions to make sure it's stable and not just gonna go off at the drop of a hat. It's not like nitroglycerin where, if you drop it, it's gonna explode.

That article doesn't really make it clear, it makes it sound like luck that stopped the Titan II's warhead exploding, it was actually the safety measures built into the warhead.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

PopRocks posted:

But if they do things the proper way they get flagged and can't adopt more kids. "We want a kid, we just dont want this kid, we didn't think being a parent should be hard work!" They need to channel their inner Angelina Jolie and collect their rainbow of perfect, well-behaved foreign children, if they surrender them properly they can't keep trying to amass kids like others horde cats.

Better to just give them to pedophiles and fellow child-horders who care even less than you do, or those who've already had kids taken away due to beig unfit. Power of attorney is still somehow legal even if you've had other kids taken away. Seriously that article is the hugest bummer.

Edit:

It's usually a bit more complex than this.

You have a family with three adopted kids. Two are doing fine, with the typical problems associated with being kids. The third is a scary bastard. He attacks the others, sets fires, stabs the dog, kills the cat, gropes the sister, runs away, does drugs, and fights constantly. Get CPS involved, and all three could be taken away. Therapy can only do so much, and you may have to try several therapists and a variety of meds. Even then you may not be able to do anything to help him. The entire family is at the mercy of this jerk. What do you do?

Or you take in a girl who was molested. After years of therapy, whenever she gets around boys she's openly sexual and behaves in a way that is more appropriate in a brothel. Therapy and intervention get her to 'tone it down' in company, but as soon as she's at school she's offering herself to every boy she can. You have to watch your other kids around her every minute, because she'll try 'recreating' her molestation with them as victims. Right after her 13th birthday, she gets pregnant. What do you do?

I can't condone handing kids off to strangers. I can't condone child 'collectors'. But when you're dealing with a kid that is so out of control they're a danger to themselves and others, what do you do?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Whatev posted:

Americans use the Internet to abandon children adopted from overseas

This is probably the most appropriate thread for this. Reuters did an investigative report on online child exchanges here in the States, and it is pretty disturbing. The text of the article is awful enough, but it also has an online graphic database you can explore that documents posts from parents looking to get rid of their kids. If you're really sensitive about troubled children, it'll probably make you cry and ruin your day.

This seriously scared the poo poo out of me.

God drat! :barf:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Strudel Man posted:

Yeah, they require such precise timing on the bomb's part that there's no way to create a nuclear blast without actually activating the detonator.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, they require such precise timing on the bomb's part that there's no way to create a nuclear blast without actually activating the detonator.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the only reason 'actual' explosives are present in a nuclear weapon to shoot the NUKULAR BITS (scientific term) at each other with sufficient speed to start the reaction? A safety that would allow the explosives to explode without it all going hiroshima sounds pretty easy to implement. (And as such probably is present in every warhead, I mean.)

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Khazar-khum posted:

I can't condone handing kids off to strangers. I can't condone child 'collectors'. But when you're dealing with a kid that is so out of control they're a danger to themselves and others, what do you do?

So what exactly do you condone in this situation?

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Jack Gladney posted:

It has been documented as a CIA experiment more thoroughly than the wiki article suggests. The book mentioned in the wiki article bases its claims on actual CIA documents that the author identified or realized the significance of--there's a lot of documents unearthed through the Freedom of Information Act that place CIA operatives in Pont-Saint-Esprit at the time of the event, and references to covering up or burying the evidence of something they don't name outright. Another person who has appeared in this thread, Frank Olsen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Olson) comes up in a lot of the memos and was himself in Pont-Saint-Esprit at the time. It's pretty well established (as much as such a thing can be) that he was killed by the CIA for threatening to go public about Pont-Saint-Esprit (they spiked his drink with LSD and threw him out a window, though nobody can prove he didn't spontaneously decide to dose himself and then commit suicide). He was a leading figure in the MKULTRA experiments, which have also come up in this thread: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra

There's no citation for the "most academic sources" mentioned in the first paragraph, and as far as I can tell there's just one report dating from the time of the event that says that the illness is consistent with ergot poisoning and that there's no more investigating to be done in the absence of new evidence: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2069953/

LSD was synthesized from ergot, so dosing people through their bread would be a great way to hide was you were doing.

drat. I knew it was plausible, but there's even more evidence in favor of it than I originally thought. Still, nothing definitive, sadly. MKULTRA feels even more like a real life X-Files plot line, now.

duckmaster posted:

I really don't understand why people continue to say things like, "it's a bit far fetched that the CIA were behind it". Did you only say that because you think that any conspiracy theory can be assumed to be a crazy idea with little basis in fact? In reality, whilst many conspiracy theories are thought up by nutjobs, some are based in fact and many have been proven to be correct.

One example is Project MKUltra, which has surely been mentioned in this thread. Operation Midnight Climax was part of that project and we know with complete 100% certainty that it happened. In light of that, suggesting that the CIA weren't involved in Pont-Saint-Esprit seems a bit far fetched!

The idea that people still seem to believe that the CIA and NSA do nothing but listen to Al Quada operatives telephone calls and can be completely trusted not to be doing anything weird or underhand which may harm you or I is, in it's own way, a conspiracy theory itself...

Thanks for the link, but your reading comprehension needs some work if you think that post indicates I'm naive enough to have complete trust in the US government. My natural inclination is to be skeptical of something until there is sufficient evidence for it to be believed. I did quite a bit of reading on MKULTRA years ago, and I remember most of the basics, but not so much the specific details, which is why I was asking for more information. Believing in conspiracy theories is not something that comes naturally to me, but in this case I knew enough to know it was a possibility, but wanted confirmation one way or another. I compared it to the NSA surveillance as an example of having been wrong about shady government poo poo in the past, in an effort to show that I know it is indeed possible for the CIA to be up to something insidious.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, when you're dealing with something so dangerous, you take a whole loving lot of precautions to make sure it's stable and not just gonna go off at the drop of a hat. It's not like nitroglycerin where, if you drop it, it's gonna explode.

That article doesn't really make it clear, it makes it sound like luck that stopped the Titan II's warhead exploding, it was actually the safety measures built into the warhead.

It's not even a safety feature. At least, not an intentional one. The placement of the explosives and the timing of their detonation must be so precise that if something in the environment (like a fire or another explosion) causes the explosives to detonate, there's an almost 0 chance that they'll detonate in the exact way needed in order to cause a fission reaction.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Backyard Blacksmith posted:

drat. I knew it was plausible, but there's even more evidence in favor of it than I originally thought. Still, nothing definitive, sadly. MKULTRA feels even more like a real life X-Files plot line, now.

Thanks for the link, but your reading comprehension needs some work if you think that post indicates I'm naive enough to have complete trust in the US government. My natural inclination is to be skeptical of something until there is sufficient evidence for it to be believed. I did quite a bit of reading on MKULTRA years ago, and I remember most of the basics, but not so much the specific details, which is why I was asking for more information. Believing in conspiracy theories is not something that comes naturally to me, but in this case I knew enough to know it was a possibility, but wanted confirmation one way or another. I compared it to the NSA surveillance as an example of having been wrong about shady government poo poo in the past, in an effort to show that I know it is indeed possible for the CIA to be up to something insidious.

The X-Files straight-up mentions MKULTRA and Operation Paperclip as plot points. It was very much inspired by the CIA's history of illegal human testing, and many episodes mention historically real things. I think the effect of it is that people who watch the X-Files come to consider the whole thing fiction, which is unfortunate because it makes discussion of established, academically documented fact sound like crazy conspiracy theories. MKULTRA was a conspiracy, not a conspiracy theory. Like all conspiracies, it fell apart because it couldn't control the evidence of its own existence indefinitely. Conspiracy theories are almost always nonsense because no evidence ever appears.

Stormtroopman
Jan 28, 2009

It should be noted that the last sentence of the article may be the most idiotic thing the Guardian has ever written. Both states could have been destroyed? Really? A Titan warhead wouldn't completely destroy Little Rock, much less the entire state of Arkansas. Don't even get me started on how big of a bomb it would take to destroy Montana.

That being said, the above poster was right when he says that fire and impact will not cause a nuclear weapon to detonate. The fire at Grand Forks could have burned the plane and weapons to the ground without a nuclear yield, though my understanding is that you don't really want to be around a burning physics package. Interestingly, the Titan explosion blew the warhead up and out of the silo through its concrete launcher closure door, subjecting the warhead to both heat and impact, and the warhead not only failed to explode, but was recovered in one piece from a farmer's field about 500 yards away.

On the other hand, nuclear related classified data isn't like regular classified data in that it never declassifies. It's plausible that there are accidents that didn't go as well that we will never know about, barring a leak.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

There's a good reason why it took us so long and so much money and effort to get from atomic theory to a functional weapon - its actually really loving hard to make things go supercritical in a way that causes a nuclear detonation and not just a radioactive firecracker. There's a bunch of shaped charges in most modern bombs that have to go off all at once (basically they use the blast wave as a lens of sorts). Set them off even microseconds out of sync and you just get a regular old explosion dusted with plutonium and uranium particles.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day
Seems like the worst you'd get in those scenarios is a dirty bomb. On a North Korean nuke. Same difference.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Stormtroopman posted:

A Titan warhead wouldn't completely destroy Little Rock, much less the entire state of Arkansas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B53_nuclear_bomb posted:

Assuming a detonation at optimum height, a 9 megaton blast would result in a fireball with an approximate 4 to 5 km (2.5 to 3.1 mi) diameter.[12] The radiated heat would be sufficient to cause lethal burns to any unprotected person within a 28.7 kilometers (17.8 mi) radius (995 square miles (2,580 km2)). Blast effects would be sufficient to collapse most residential and industrial structures within a 14.9 km (9.3 mi) radius (300 square miles (780 km2)); within 5.7 kilometers (3.5 mi) virtually all above-ground structures would be destroyed and blast effects would inflict near 100% fatalities. Within 4.7 km (2.9 mi) a 500 rem dose of ionizing radiation would be received by the average person, sufficient to cause a 50% to 90% casualty rate independent of thermal or blast effects at this distance.

1000 square mile kill zone is the entirety of Pulaski County. 300 square mile structure destruction zone is much more than the size of Little Rock. Nothing to sneeze at.

Dross has a new favorite as of 22:03 on Sep 19, 2013

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Lucid Nonsense posted:

Seems like the worst you'd get in those scenarios is a dirty bomb. On a North Korean nuke. Same difference.

That's why I found the Goldsboro incident so frightening. When one of the hydrogen bombs separated from the disintegrating B-52, somehow all but one of the necessary activations took place. It was a single two-dollar switch that prevented it from detonating.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Brother Jonathan posted:

That's why I found the Goldsboro incident so frightening. When one of the hydrogen bombs separated from the disintegrating B-52, somehow all but one of the necessary activations took place. It was a single two-dollar switch that prevented it from detonating.

I assume that was before Permissive Action Locks?

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

ArchangeI posted:

I assume that was before Permissive Action Locks?

Correct. In 1961, PAL was only in the prototype stage.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

quote:

Nuclear Stuff

Check this site out, it uses Google maps and then shows what/where a nuclear blast would be based on how many kilos it is. Morbid yet interesting!
http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/classic/

Sorry if repost.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
Crossposting from the quote thread because spontaneous human combustion has interested me for years, and this was pretty drat unnerving

Kimmalah posted:

[The Wick Effect is] actually one of the theories to explain supposed cases of human combustion (people burning like candles basically).

Wick Effect posted:

2006 Geneva case
In October 2006, the body of a man was discovered at home in Geneva, almost completely incinerated between the mid-chest and the knees, most probably due to heart attack while smoking, followed by the wick effect. The chair containing the body was mostly consumed, but other objects in the room were almost undamaged, albeit covered with a brown oily or greasy coating. The source of the fire was most likely a cigarette or cigar. The man's dog also died in another room of the man's apartment; this was attributed to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Choking to death on the smoke from your burning owner sounds like one hell of a lovely way to go :stare:

e: As a bonus, the entry for SHC

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Given how many thousands upon thousands of nuclear warheads there are in the US - not to mention all the construction, delivery etc systems, plus nuclear plants - it's actually kind of surprising there hasn't been an enormous disaster.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

freebooter posted:

Given how many thousands upon thousands of nuclear warheads there are in the US - not to mention all the construction, delivery etc systems, plus nuclear plants - it's actually kind of surprising there hasn't been an enormous disaster.

I don't really think it's surprising. If other forms of power generation were as strict about safety as the nuclear industry is, then hydroelectric dams would be built with anti-aircraft guns and torpedo nets just in case.

In my Nuclear Plant Operations class, the teacher (who is a longtime veteran of the Canadian nuclear industry and a licensed plant shift manager) told a story about an incident where a car in the parking lot of his plant had an antifreeze leak. It got reported in newspapers the next day as "LEAK AT NUCLEAR POWER PLANT" and he found himself dragged in front of city council to explain what the danger was. The industry is well aware that even the smallest thing will be the end of it and so they bend over backwards to prevent even the tiniest issue.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
All of the engineers I've worked with who have had experience working in the nuclear industry are far more paranoid about standards and accountability than, say, people who have only worked in oil and gas. Not to say that the others are lax, but the nuclear industry seems incredibly tightly regulated - at least in the UK.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Nastyman posted:

Crossposting from the quote thread because spontaneous human combustion has interested me for years, and this was pretty drat unnerving

Wikipedia posted:

In February 1991, in woodland near Medford, Oregon, USA, two hikers came across the burning body of a female adult, lying face down in fallen leaves.
The murderer was arrested and made a full confession. He claimed to have set the body alight some thirteen hours before it was discovered.

The body slowly burned for thirteen hours :stare:

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

This is not Wikipedia, but it's probably in the process of being edited into an entry as I type.

Two nuclear bombs were dropped on North Carolina:

quote:

The accident happened when a B-52 bomber got into trouble, having embarked from Seymour Johnson Air Force base in Goldsboro for a routine flight along the East Coast. As it went into a tailspin, the hydrogen bombs it was carrying became separated. One fell into a field near Faro, North Carolina, its parachute draped in the branches of a tree; the other plummeted into a meadow off Big Daddy's Road.

Jones found that of the four safety mechanisms in the Faro bomb, designed to prevent unintended detonation, three failed to operate properly. When the bomb hit the ground, a firing signal was sent to the nuclear core of the device, and it was only that final, highly vulnerable switch that averted calamity. "The MK 39 Mod 2 bomb did not possess adequate safety for the airborne alert role in the B-52," Jones concludes.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/20/usaf-atomic-bomb-north-carolina-1961

Whoopsies

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Tagra posted:

This is not Wikipedia, but it's probably in the process of being edited into an entry as I type.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/20/usaf-atomic-bomb-north-carolina-1961

Whoopsies

Literally last page.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

The body slowly burned for thirteen hours :stare:

I can believe it smoldering for hours. It takes hours in a crematorium.

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Tagra posted:

Whoopsies

This thread beat The Guardian in posting that. :smug:

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Oh bah. It had today's date on it so I thought it might actually be new news. Whoopsies :v:

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

Tagra posted:

Oh bah. It had today's date on it so I thought it might actually be new news. Whoopsies :v:

It turns out that there is one piece of "new news" in the Guardian piece. It includes a recently declassified government document on the Goldsboro incident.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Some of my favorites:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22I_AM%22_Activity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E2%80%94All_You_Zombies%E2%80%94
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1952_Washington_D.C._UFO_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_Tehran_UFO_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Mexican_UFO_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_O%27Hare_International_Airport_UFO_sighting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Peruvian_meteorite_event
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbey_of_Thelema
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abigail_Taylor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_%28unsolved_Thames_murder_case%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_Phenomena_Enquiry_Network
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeromancy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether_theories
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_embolism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Force_reports_on_the_Roswell_UFO_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Fish
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleshenka
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alestair_crowley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_%22Sawney%22_Bean
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Packer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_hand_syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allagash_Abductions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_cave
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almas_(cryptozoology)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelia_Earhart
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Stonehenge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronaut
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronaut_theories
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Chikatilo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Carnegie_Whitfield
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomalous_phenomenon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Villas_Boas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aokigahara
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ararat_anomaly
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arecibo_reply
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Bell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascended_Master
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asch_conformity_experiments
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_beast
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atuk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aum_Shinrikyo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_Texas_UFO_Incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_writing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axeman_of_New_Orleans
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayers_Rock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babalon_Working
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor%27s_Grove_Cemetery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badajoz_UFO_Incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barmanou
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Los_Angeles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_Exmoor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_G%C3%A9vaudan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beast_of_Gevaudan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaumont_children_disappearance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beelzebub
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belchen_Tunnel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_witch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bennington_Triangle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Triangle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berwyn_Mountain_UFO_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicameral_mind
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lurch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigfoot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bimini_road
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Dahlia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_dog_(ghost)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_dogs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_helicopters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Heung_Jin_Nim
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_ops
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackhole
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Bones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Mary_%28folklore%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Dunbar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boleskine_House
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomarzo#Park_of_the_Monsters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Soyga
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borley_Rectory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose-Einstein_condensate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramids
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scout_Lane
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy%27s_Next_Door
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brain_in_a_vat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Vedas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Douglas_Wells
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_big_cats
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_flying_saucer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brosno_dragon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Dog_affair
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubbly_Creek
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunny_Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunyip
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cagliostro
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capgras_delusion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cults
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Tanzler
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carroll_A._Deering
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carson_Sink_UFO_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cash-Landrum_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle_mutilation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia%2C_Pennsylvania
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chair_of_Death
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champ_(cryptozoology)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chanco
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandre_Oram
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bonnet_syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Fort
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_K._Hofling#Obedience_study
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Ng
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Whitman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Starkweather
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chase_Vault
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtrail_conspiracy_theory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_disaster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chessie_(sea_monster)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_God
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiromancy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Science
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Chubbuck
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupa_%28anomaly%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupacabra
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clapham_Wood_Mystery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classification_of_demons
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Torso_Murderer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinical_lycanthropy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_unconscious
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_Squid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concrete-Encased_High_School_Girl_Murder_Case
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consensus_reality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_scroll
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpse_road
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_of_St._Germain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawfordsville_monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crix%C3%A1s_UFO_Incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crush%2C_Texas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crybaby_Bridge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptozoology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_skulls
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cure_for_Insomnia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_tablets
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cybernetic_revolt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cydonia_%28Mars%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus_Teed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Generation_X
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Cooper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Rather#.22Kenneth.2C_what_is_the_frequency.3F.22
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_mania
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Casolaro
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dantes_Inferno
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Icke
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Parker_Ray
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Vermis_Mysteriis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Corll
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_%28personification%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Edgar_Allan_Poe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decompression_sickness
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep-sea_gigantism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dehomag
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delphine_LaLaurie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendera_light
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depressive_realism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Eiserne_Mann
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_Footprints
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil%27s_Tramping_Grounds
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dionysian_Mysteries
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discourse_on_the_Method
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discoveries_of_human_feet_on_British_Columbia_beaches,_2007%E2%80%9
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diving_medicine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donner_Party
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doodlebops
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_event
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg%C3%A4nger
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dover_demon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draugr
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_argument
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dropa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dualism_(philosophy_of_mind)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dulce_Base
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_(doctor)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_Accident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_Island
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_State_Penitentiary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebu_Gogo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Cayce
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ediacaran_biota
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_voice_phenomenon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elias_Seixas_UFO_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elijah_Muhammad
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Bathory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elohim_City
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encephalitis_lethargica
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enochian_language
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_Daemon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exorcism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exotic_star
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expanding_Earth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faces_of_belmez
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falcon_Lake_Incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_awakenings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_vacuum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatty_Arbuckle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_liath
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fearsome_critters
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felix_Moncla
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher%27s_Ghost
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flannan_Isles#Mystery_of_1900
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatwoods_monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foo_fighter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_Plateau
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fouke_Monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_E._Dec
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funerary_art
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futility%2C_or_the_Wreck_of_the_Titan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_filament
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gef_the_talking_mongoose
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomancy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_lights
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_rockets
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_ship
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_squid
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gil_P%C3%A9rez
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_de_Rais
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_A
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gjenganger
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Consciousness_Project
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloria_Ramirez
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goatman_(cryptozoology)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golem
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grady_Stiles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham%27s_number
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Blue_Hole
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Hill_Cemetery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Moon_Hoax
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Sphinx_of_Giza
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Magical_Papyri
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_children
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_children_of_Woolpit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gremlin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Goo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greys
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guided_rat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._H._Holmes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamster_zona-free_ovum_test
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hassan-i-Sabah
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haunted_painting
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_transplant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headless_horseman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbeat_in_the_Brain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven%27s_Gate_(religious_group)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavener_Runestone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Height_611_UFO_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellfire_club
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_Kitty_murder
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helter_Skelter_(Manson_scenario)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HH_Holmes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibagon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidden_message
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidebehind
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Frequency_Active_Auroral_Research_Program
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindu_milk_miracle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hinterkaifeck
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_earth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_diamond
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_on_the_Rock
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hull_House
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_combustion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Face_Fish
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydra_%28genus%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydromancy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanuel_Velikovsky
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Ward
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrasound#Human_reactions_to_infrasound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingo_Schwichtenberg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insular_dwarfism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integratron
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interplanetary_Phenomenon_Unit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invunche
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_lung
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_gigantism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issei_Sagawa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Parsons
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_the_ripper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_the_Stripper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Unterweger
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackalope
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Dean#The_.22curse.22_of_.22Little_Bastard.22
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Bulger
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_dahmer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Gray_%28computer_scientist%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_UFO_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Kroll
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dee
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fare
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Murray _Spear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Murray_Spear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne_Gacy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Smith%2C_Jr.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Vacher
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junko_Furuta
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabbalah
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapre
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karakoncolos
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kasai_Rex
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaspar_Hauser
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaz_II
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kecksburg_UFO_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelly-Hopkinsville_encounter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_Curse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_Runestone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kola_Superdeep_Borehole
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kowloon_Walled_City
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuchisake-Onna
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Llorona
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Reflections
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Tianchi_Monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Van_Monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Worth_monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambton_Worm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace%27s_demon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_hadron_collider
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lay_line
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_Masks_Case
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leck_mich_im_Arsch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legendary_creature
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_Myrtles_Plantation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemp_Mansion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_Lake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyak
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lhc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lina_Medina
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_allegedly_haunted_locations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cryptids
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_demons
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_giant_squid_specimens_and_sightings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_legendary_creatures
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_have_disappeared
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pseudoscientific_theories
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_psychic_abilities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_serial_killers_by_country
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_torture_methods_and_devices
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFO_sightings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unusual_deaths
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver-Eating_Johnson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizard_Man_of_Scape_Ore_Swamp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizzie_Borden
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loch_Ness_Monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Resistance_Army
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loretto_Chapel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Dutchman%27s_Gold_Mine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Lands
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_de_Palingboer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Wain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loveland_Frog
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusca
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%AAn-an-Tol
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madame_Blavatsky
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maero
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_(paranormal)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majestic_12
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_in_the_iron_mask
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-eating_tree
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manipogo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantell_UFO_Incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mapinguari
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marchosias
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Garvey
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfa_lights
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariana_UFO_Incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie-Madeleine-Marguerite_d%27Aubray%2C_Marquise_de_Brinvilliers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Markovian_parallax_denigrate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marree_Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Applewhite
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Bell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Celeste
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Tofts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell%27s_demon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Lyman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel%27s_Hole
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mellified_Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melon_heads
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melonheads
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_in_black
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metamaterial
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Rockefeller
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midgetville#Vienna.2C_Virginia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Min_Min_light
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_control
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirassol_UFO_Incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miskatonic_University
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moberly-Jourdain_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mokele-mbembe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moll_Dyer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momo_the_Monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_death_worm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_tree_phenomenon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_of_Glamis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montana_Freemen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montauk_Monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montauk_Project
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moons_of_Mars
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonville%2C_Ohio
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moorish_Science_Temple_of_America
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors_murders
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morag_(loch_monster)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Yamantaw
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movement_for_the_Restoration_of_the_Ten_Commandments_of_God
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRSA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Junko_Furuta
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Tim_McLean
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Joyita
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myrtles_Plantation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_airship
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%B8kken
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nachzehrer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nannie_Doss
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazca_Lines
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_occultism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necronomicon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Jersey_Devil
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Swabia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_(conspiracy)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newport_Tower_(Rhode_Island)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ng%C6%B0%E1%BB%9Di_R%E1%BB%ABng
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nggyu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nightmarchers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigromancy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Dzhumagaliev
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Euclidean_geometry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_aliens
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hudson_Park_UFO_sightings
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novelty_theory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuk-luk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nukekubi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_stations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_Island
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oba_chandler
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogopogo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Yellow_Top
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omayra_S%C3%A1nchez
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Point
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Clambake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Highjump
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Paperclip
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Whitecoat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orang_Mawas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orang_Pendek
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Solar_Temple
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_Night_Stalker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_Spanish_Kitchen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osho
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otaku_Killer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_place_artifacts
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtoun_Bridge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owlman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacal_the_Great
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panspermia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal_and_occult_hypotheses_about_UFOs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_catacombs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson_film
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulding_Light
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penis_panic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_die_if_they_are_killed
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peoples_Temple
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper%27s_ghost
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perceptions_of_religious_imagery_in_natural_phenomena
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Falconio
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_K%C3%BCrten
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phaistos_Disc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_cat
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_limb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_Social_Workers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pine_Bush%2C_New_York
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piri_Reis_map
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_x
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_shift
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poltergeist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybius_%28game%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polywater
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontianak_%28folklore%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Lick_Monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princes_in_the_Tower
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pripyat%2C_Ukraine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Process_Church
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_ARTICHOKE
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Blue_Book
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_BLUEBIRD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Grudge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_Due
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_surgery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychokinesis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_egoism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Aki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pykrete
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyromancy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quacker_(sound)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_immortality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%ABlism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Station_UVB-7
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raining_animals
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rasputin%27s_penis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Mabus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Robinson_%28Green_Man%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realistic_conflict_theory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_shift
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_rain_in_Kerala
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendlesham_Forest_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rennes-le-Chateau
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reptoids
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resurrection_Mary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Chase
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Ramirez
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond_Vampire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringing_Rocks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rip_van_Winkle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripper_Crew
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roanoke_Colony
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_J._White
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_the_Doll
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_hood
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rod_(cryptozoology)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_Alcala
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenheim_Poltergeist
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rokurokubi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_dodecahedron
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Geometry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sada_Abe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sailing_stones
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sakakibara_Seito
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sankebetsu_brown_bear_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Holcomb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasebo_slashing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scapulimancy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizotypy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_monster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_of_Dirac
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedlec_Ossuary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-replicating_machine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_People
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shag_Harbour_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaver_Mystery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingo,_Aomori
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shugborough_House_inscription
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_cord
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silverpilen
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinwalker_Ranch
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_ape
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_Down_(unidentified_sound)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley_Face_Killers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snallygaster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokushinbutsu
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_recording_and_reproduction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Television_broadcast_interruption
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_elevator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Heeled_Jack
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Augustine_Light
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanford_prison_experiment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Hotel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_jelly
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starchild_skull
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargate_Project
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_tunnel_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmata
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stingy_Jack
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonehenge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_light_interference
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stronsay_beast
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STS-75
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stull%2C_Kansas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_booth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Power_Building
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suscon%2C_Pennsylvania
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Likens
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tailypo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taman_Shud_Case
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanganyika_Laughter_Epidemic
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taos_hum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatzelwurm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecaxic-Calixtlahuaca_head
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalidomide
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Amityville_Horror
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Antikythera_Mechanism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bloop
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crucified_Soldier
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crying_Boy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil%27s_Footprints
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil%27s_Tree
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Family_Murders
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Thunderstorm%2C_Widecombe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grinning_Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hands_Resist_Him
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Happy_Elf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hermitage_%28Ontario%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Licked_Hand
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mad_Gasser_of_Mattoon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_May_Day_Mystery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mothman_Prophecies
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing%3F
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Wave
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therac-25
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Man_phenomenon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thug_Behram
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Cube
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_slip
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_travel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_Inlet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet-related_injury
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_information_awareness
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toynbee_tiles
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Walton
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trepanation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trou_du_Diable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trunko
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsarichina
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsutomu_Miyazaki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunguska_event
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tybee_Bomb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_abduction
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_conspiracy_theory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_sightings_in_United_States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UKUSA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ummo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unaussprechlichen_Kulten
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unexpected_hanging_paradox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unexplained_disappearances
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_Church
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguayan_Air_Force_Flight_571
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vagina_dentata
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaimanika_Shastra
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Val_Johnson_Incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valensole_UFO_Incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentich_Disappearance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire_of_Dusseldorf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanishing_hitchhiker
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varginha_UFO_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vela_Incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Morrow
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villisca%2C_Iowa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vimana
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vladimir_Demikhov
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntary_euthanasia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voynich_manuscript
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vrillon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_(hypothetical_planet)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_Siege
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waverly_Hills_Sanatorium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_control
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well_to_Hell_hoax
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whippoorwill
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_put_Bella_in_the_Wych_Elm%3F
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whole-body_transplant
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Reich
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will-o%27-the-wisp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Miller_%28preacher%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winchester_Mystery_House
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witching_hour
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodwose
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Church_of_the_Creator
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh_ben_Yahweh
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_10%2C000_problem
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2070_problem
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeren
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeti
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonaguni
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yonaguni_Monument
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yowie_(cryptid)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zechariah_Sitchin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac_Killer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuiy%C5%8D_Maru

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

serious norman posted:

Some of my favorites:

What's scary or unnerving about the pro wrestlers you posted in the D section?

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Jack Gladney posted:

What's scary or unnerving about the pro wrestlers you posted in the D section?

The most recent reunion was full of horrors like the little peoples court skit.

Edit:

quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_big_cats

Wow I didn't know there had been confirmed ones as recently as 2001, maybe all the people in 1998 who told me there was supposed to be a panther up near Asda were correct.

jalopybrown has a new favorite as of 19:23 on Sep 22, 2013

Dr Scoofles
Dec 6, 2004

I've seen a big cat on an abandoned railway line where I walk my dogs, so have my sister and mum on separete occasions and maybe a decade apart. Mum saw hers in the 90s I think. I saw my one about 4 years ago. We have a steam railway here I used to work on and half the drivers have seen one too since they spend day after day driving a train through the vast Norfolk countryside. Nobody bothers reporting them anymore because 1) it's a waste of time/no point and 2) people call you a liar.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Escaped big cats are plausible, though. It's not like people are claiming there's some unknown population of English tigers living out in the woods. I don't get why people would treat them like Bigfoot.

Here in the US, illegally kept big cats get discovered fairly regularly, sometimes because they escape. I'm pretty sure there was a drug dealer in New York a few years ago who got eaten by his pet lion, and then his lion went out for a night on the town.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Here we actually have a very rare somewhat hidden big cat population, the Florida Panther. I've only seen one, darting out of the woods by a highway then running alongside it and darting back in just as fast as it had appeared. Really amazing and majestic thing to see.

Shame Boy has a new favorite as of 20:35 on Sep 22, 2013

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

serious norman posted:

Some of my favorites:

The scary and unnerving thing is that I cannot find any link between all those articles. I mean they're all a great read but what Geomancy, Albert Fish, Cargo Cults and Nøkker have to do with each other? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It would be great and a bit creepy if that list were just a compilation of all the links posted in this thread up to now. Maybe it is for all I know.

• Locked thread