Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

you know I'm not really sure, and I don't even know if I'm confusing Complex with Basement or something

All I know is there's a room that has like three glass panes you can get behind and sit there with mines everywhere.

There is a hidden room covered with fake wall that you can walk through in complex. gently caress that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Nonviolent J posted:

lucky they fixed that in the xbox release

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

One of the best reasons to own Perfect Dark on XBLA is that this is done away with.

Ya'll are seriously retarded. The N-Bombs and tranqs were perfect because of the carry over from one life to another.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

"hey lets play coop"

LEVEL 1, BOAT PLACE

"I guess my n64 is too old everything's moving super slow haha"

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I still try shooting locks and am really pissed when it doesn't do poo poo since goldeneye loving taught me to do it

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I guess all the music in perfect dark weren't mp3s but sequenced midi
Still hella impressive

Effsix
Aug 5, 2011

Keep it moving, chicken people! These knockoff purses ain't gonna make themselves!

JebanyPedal posted:

Turok 2 multiplayer owned simply because the Cerebral Bore was the most brutal way to own your friends.

I only played Turok 2 once when a buddy brought his copy round, I had a cerbral bore to use and stumbled across a second. I fired that thing off into his skull and picked up the other one, the moment his ordeal was over I sent him another then ran off. He was like AARGH WHO KEEPS DOING THAT

I did want to take credit but not knowing which of the other players did it was more maddening so I didn't tell him.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
I used to pick Bowser in 4-player mariokart64 battle mode and boost off the start line and repeatedly smash my unsuspecting friends on that red-green-blue-yellow castle map, knocking them out of the match within 3 seconds, and then intentionally draw out the remainder of the match just so they had to wait and complain.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Killswitch posted:

I used to pick Bowser in 4-player mariokart64 battle mode and boost off the start line and repeatedly smash my unsuspecting friends on that red-green-blue-yellow castle map, knocking them out of the match within 3 seconds, and then intentionally draw out the remainder of the match just so they had to wait and complain.

Plowing into someone with Bowser or Wario and making them lose a balloon was so intensely satisfying.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
*is a humanoid blur slightly roughly the same color as the hallway-shaped blur taking up 1/4 of my 20 inch CRT *

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

army men: sarge's heroes

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

also, battletanx

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Effsix posted:

I only played Turok 2 once when a buddy brought his copy round, I had a cerbral bore to use and stumbled across a second. I fired that thing off into his skull and picked up the other one, the moment his ordeal was over I sent him another then ran off. He was like AARGH WHO KEEPS DOING THAT

I did want to take credit but not knowing which of the other players did it was more maddening so I didn't tell him.

That noise the cerebral bore made was gruesome too, like a dentist drill of death :black101:

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i'm the 40x80 bitmap wall texture

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

As a Millennial I posted:

Legit fun.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

look if i spin on this toilet i can get back up into the vent.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Lpzie posted:

look if i spin on this toilet i can get back up into the vent.
First time you do that you're all whoa holy poo poo what other stuff is true that I haven't tried.

Then you spend hours trying to find yoshi in the courtyard of mario64, or trying to float to the long off island on the Dam level in goldeneye where THERE IS NO SWEET AS GOLDEN GUN

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

That noise the cerebral bore made was gruesome too, like a dentist drill of death :black101:

The first few times they hear the noise they desperately try to run around corners and hide. Then acceptance starts to happen and everyone just drops controllers and submits to the brain drilling when they hear the boar wail.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

First time you do that you're all whoa holy poo poo what other stuff is true that I haven't tried.

Then you spend hours trying to find yoshi in the courtyard of mario64, or trying to float to the long off island on the Dam level in goldeneye where THERE IS NO SWEET AS GOLDEN GUN

or you stand on Lara crofts bed and reenact hit me baby one more time step for step to see some polygon titties

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax
Cool thing about dying early in Mario Kart battle mode is that you got to be the bomb and try to troll whoever it was that killed you.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

President Kucinich posted:

Ya'll are seriously retarded. The N-Bombs and tranqs were perfect because of the carry over from one life to another.

The best was that if you kept tranqing or n-bombing someone's corpse, it would keep adding to the blurstack they had to put up with on respawn.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013
*screencheats shamelessly*

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

oh man that game had awesome multiplayer, there were some really loving good maps. i remember loving this christmas themed map that was all big stacks of presents, i would grab a mortar and rain death upon my unsuspecting friends, completely hidden among the towers of gifts. i got really good at sniping people with the mortar too which was always infuriating

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

The mention of Army Men reminds me of a great Dreamcast game, 'Toy Commander'. That game was loving sweet.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Dude.

*gets blown up with a mine*

DUDE!

*gets blown up with a mine again*

DUUUUUUDE!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

I guess all the music in perfect dark weren't mp3s but sequenced midi
Still hella impressive

The N64 wasn't powerful enough to play MP3's (high-end PC's from that era only could if you didn't do other things at the same time), and even if it were, cartridge space was too expensive to waste on a song file that was a few megabytes (with a few exceptions, the biggest game carts were 32 megabytes and really expensive to produce).

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
God that game is good

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
loving shame RARE never did better

I mean timesplitters was fun but it wasn't no perfect dark

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Whirlwind Jones posted:

Cool thing about dying early in Mario Kart battle mode is that you got to be the bomb and try to troll whoever it was that killed you.

i loved using the star to eradicate bob-ombs from existence - so much more satisfying when they have no idea it's going to happen

hahaha lol i'm gonnna get yo-WHAT THE gently caress?! :confused:

Effsix
Aug 5, 2011

Keep it moving, chicken people! These knockoff purses ain't gonna make themselves!

Wicker Man posted:

You are not allowed to read this thread unless you are listening to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQSp0Taa-Uk

That soundtrack gives me such itchy trigger fingers, I forgot how good the lift music bits were- and how anxious the cradle music made me. After countless attempts at finishing the cradle on 00 mode I remember chasing sean bean down to the platform in the middle and managed to finish him off, but in my excitement I fell off as well but the level ended a second before I died so it counted as completed. I don't think I ever tried to do it again.

I did eventually manage to do the facility on 00 agent in less than 2:05, I remember that if the patrolling scientist wasn't in the right place the run would be botched and you'd have to restart but it was important to get that challenge done cos it unlocked a very decent cheat as a reward (infinite ammo? or something better, I can't remember).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Effsix posted:

I did eventually manage to do the facility on 00 agent in less than 2:05, I remember that if the patrolling scientist wasn't in the right place the run would be botched and you'd have to restart but it was important to get that challenge done cos it unlocked a very decent cheat as a reward (infinite ammo? or something better, I can't remember).

Yeah, It was something like Infinite ammo, THE cheat everyone wanted to have. However, after about 5-10 minutes of a standoff in the library, I was regretting it. Then, everything came down to when to reload.

I didn't mind Dr Doak being in different spots, since the entire (successful) run only lasted 2:05 anyway. It'd be worse if it was something like 'Beat Control in 11 minutes', and you had to deal with a randomly-placed scientist at the end of the level. Not there? Your run is hosed.

Actually, just thinking of that is starting to give me some sort of eye-twitch. Ugh, Control.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Invincibility you nuggets

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
If Microsoft announced a Platinum developed Blast Corps for Xbone I might suddenly be out a few hundred bucks

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I've never played Blast Corps. In fact, I don't think I've ever even seen it being played. :smith:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

http://gepdhq.tripod.com/goldeneyehq/mysteries.htm

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, It was something like Infinite ammo, THE cheat everyone wanted to have. However, after about 5-10 minutes of a standoff in the library, I was regretting it. Then, everything came down to when to reload.

I didn't mind Dr Doak being in different spots, since the entire (successful) run only lasted 2:05 anyway. It'd be worse if it was something like 'Beat Control in 11 minutes', and you had to deal with a randomly-placed scientist at the end of the level. Not there? Your run is hosed.

Actually, just thinking of that is starting to give me some sort of eye-twitch. Ugh, Control.

Arghhh I remember the scientists in the Cavern. What made it worst is that the scientists would stand next to the computers you had to destroy, blowing it up would kill the scientist. You had to shoot near them to get them to move and if you did shoot them, they'd shoot back, loving your poo poo up.

I still got that drat 2x RC-P90 after so many pains and frustrations.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Hingehead posted:

I still got that drat 2x RC-P90 after so many pains and frustrations.

Then you go back and gently caress those scientists up with those RC-P90s and enjoy the poo poo out of it. That and/or a magnum shot to the face.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

also, battletanx

Top 3 n64 game

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Great memories of battle tanks. That tumbling tank was the best one. Saving your Goliath tank for last. And the fact you were killing each other over women was sweet too. The objective was to kidnap the other teams woman to use as your brood sow.

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

by Lowtax

mcvey posted:

Top 3 n64 game
BattleTanx II's multiplayer mode was incredibly balanced and nuanced and also super loving fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I got Pokemon Stadium 2!

• Locked thread