Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Alter Ego posted:

He's not insane. He wants attention, and ranting about how filthy Mexicans are is the best way to get it.

It doesn't help that a lot of people, like my grandfather, buy into this bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

zoux posted:

I wonder if her staff calls her "H" in person. I mean in the most casual of circumstances when they aren't calling her Madam Secretary.

I'd giggle like a fat goon if she signed a letter "Ta-ta, H."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Alot of people watched that in the 80's and subscribe to the mantra that you could be rich if you tried hard enough. They worship wealth and assume that all wealthy people must be worthy and don't make mistakes or they wouldn't be wealthy.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

MonsieurChoc posted:

At this point I can't not read that book. I have to know.

Have something light-hearted and fun to watch while you take breaks because the Divide is incredible and infuriating. Also if you're currently reading Grifftopia I highly recommend Bailout by Neil Barofsky

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

KiteAuraan posted:

It doesn't help that a lot of people, like my grandfather, buy into this bullshit.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Alter Ego posted:

He's not insane. He wants attention, and ranting about how filthy Mexicans are is the best way to get it.

Well the PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, USGA and PGA dropped him last night, and now a brewery he was dealing with its telling him "gently caress your hair". He keeps it up he won't have anyone to get attention from.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

KiteAuraan posted:

Oh but it does help, so so much. The GOP and right wing media have been cultivating these racists for a while now and it is about drat time that it comes out in public in an undeniable way instead of their usual dogwhistle code words.

Trump in the primaries is a long stretched out version of the moment where a lady said to McCain that she hated Obama because he is a Muslim.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Raerlynn posted:

Well the PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, USGA and PGA dropped him last night, and now a brewery he was dealing with its telling him "gently caress your hair". He keeps it up he won't have anyone to get attention from.
They say that it's better to burn out than to fade away.

But I didn't expect him to burn out this early. Too soon, too soon :smith:.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Raerlynn posted:

The persecution complex of the tea party eats this poo poo up.

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

zoux posted:

Somebody is doing the raping, Don, I mean, you know -- I mean, somebody's doing it. You think it's women being raped, well who is doing the raping? Who is doing the raping? I mean how can you say such a thing.

I summon the soul of Richard Nixon, Joementum, to tell us if there is a more objectively disastrous presidential campaign rollout than Donald Trump.

I for one am glad that we finally have someone in the race that can provide the yoogest, most luxurious, bestestest racism and "no, gently caress you buddy!" attitude moneydesperate leveraging of assets can buy. :colbert:

e: Also, we need to look into what kind of black magic these guys have access to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjonGtrCyVE

TLM3101 fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 2, 2015

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

If it really was all that important to him he could have made it a requirement that everything be made in the USA. But he didn't so he's full of poo poo.

aeglus
Jul 13, 2003

WEEK 1 - RETIRED

Doctor Butts posted:

If it really was all that important to him he could have made it a requirement that everything be made in the USA. But he didn't so he's full of poo poo.

Technically all he needed to do was to have most of it done in Mexico, then ship it over to the USA and have a few final touches done in order to say it was made in the USA. Granted that's a lot of extra money to spend for a label, even if you are cheating it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DemeaninDemon posted:

Well, hopefully their money can keep Trump propped up, then, because he's getting poorer every time he opens his mouth.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Doctor Butts posted:

But he said the good Mexicans stay in Mexico and all the bad ones who are criminals or low-skill idiots come to America. Makes one wonder what that says about America.

Also he's still full of poo poo.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

But he said the good Mexicans stay in Mexico and all the bad ones who are criminals or low-skill idiots come to America. Makes one wonder what that says about America.

Also he's still full of poo poo.

Last I heard immigration was more or less flat and a lot of the illegals here have actually been going back on their own.

...does kind of say a lot about America, doesn't it?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Last I heard immigration was more or less flat and a lot of the illegals here have actually been going back on their own.

That's just because all the border crossings are choked with ISIS sleeper agents.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Alter Ego posted:

Honestly I think this is him trying to see the new trend and cash in. Now that the gay thing is pretty much over, the republican machine knows we need a new 'other', and the professionals are trying to tap into it with immigrants. Ann Coulter tried with that adios book and because Trump has no idea how to be subtle he went out and did everything but yell "You drat dirty apes!"

Problem is, turning 'foreigners' into others needs a little more tact than gays, and we're seeing those with little tact try to navigate it.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Alter Ego posted:

Well, hopefully their money can keep Trump propped up, then, because he's getting poorer every time he opens his mouth.

While pissing away their social security on a candidate with less chance to get elected than I do! Good poo poo Trump.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ToxicSlurpee posted:

In addition to the economy being poo poo a lot of states have rolled out mandatory E-Verify laws. It isn't perfect and there are ways around the laws (like the "independent contractor" loophole I noted earlier in the thread) but it does further limit the supply of jobs available to those without documentation. There is also evidence that it has boosted the wages of those who are here on valid visas which I'm sure pisses off our precious job creators.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The thing that truly baffles me about those "ugh, kids these days" things that keep cropping up is that people act like back in their day nobody ever got drunk and acted like a dumbass. Getting drunk and acting like a dumbass is a basic human urge and that's going to keep happening as long as humans, booze, and acting like a dumbass all exist. We're human. We do poo poo like that. We always have. We always will.

It's just typical, boring, generational shaming. Funnily enough, a lot of criticism aimed at millennials today takes the opposite tack - that they don't act like dumbasses *enough*, that they're too focused on careers and stability and skills, that they have no soul! Noted Serious Person In The Room David Brooks is an egregious purveyor of this idea.

Somehow, the millennial generation is the narcissistic, self-centered one, even though the Boomers elected Reagan!

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Raerlynn posted:

Wha ... What in the bluest of blue fucks am I reading here? Trump is literally insane isn't he?

Editor of the National Review (the "intellectual bastion of conservatism") took to politico to defend Trumps remarks

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

DemeaninDemon posted:

Yeah, this. There are a bunch of pieces lightly distancing themselves from what he said and then railing about "the new censorship of the left!"

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
God this is just amazing news. It's 2015 and millions of Americans think Donald Trump should have the nuclear codes. I hope to God he lasts all the way through the primary.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Raerlynn posted:

I'd like to point out that the brewery didn't just severe and tell him to go gently caress him self. They terminated the contract then renamed the remaining 50 kegs of summer ale they were selling him to "gently caress your hair" in Spanish. That's just loving magical.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BsFMI4gnJY

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Fried Chicken posted:

Editor of the National Review (the "intellectual bastion of conservatism") took to politico to defend Trumps remarks

For those who aren't aware, the National Review does consider itself the intellectual bastion of conservatism and also has a history of supporting apartheid and the "empty land" myth, segregation and literal white supremacy, "heritage not hate", forced tattooing of AIDS patients, and a history of hiring "bell curve" racists, white nationalists, and "never relaxers" (and then sometimes firing them for saying out loud in the 2000s what the National Review stopped saying out loud in the 1990s).

The sad thing is that they're still correct - they are the intellectual bastion of mainstream American conservatism because what passes for intellectual mainstream conservatism is writing like an imperialist or scientific racist from the 19th century instead of sounding like a fat radio clown.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Iron Twinkie posted:

I'd like to point out that the brewery didn't just severe and tell him to go gently caress him self. They terminated the contract then renamed the remaining 50 kegs of summer ale they were selling him to "gently caress your hair" in Spanish. That's just loving magical.

:stare: Holy poo poo, that's loving awesome.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

All clear’ declared after reports of possible shooter at Navy Yard

EDIT: In more lol news, Bo Duke has something to say

quote:

John Schneider
✔ ý@John_Schneider
I am grossly offended by flag burning. But... is the Golds Gym logo to be considered a symbol of racism as well now?
http://mexico.cnn.com/media/2015/06/20/dylann-roof-charleston.jpg

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 2, 2015

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Stultus Maximus posted:

For those who aren't aware, the National Review does consider itself the intellectual bastion of conservatism and also has a history of supporting apartheid and the "empty land" myth, segregation and literal white supremacy, "heritage not hate", forced tattooing of AIDS patients, and a history of hiring "bell curve" racists, white nationalists, and "never relaxers" (and then sometimes firing them for saying out loud in the 2000s what the National Review stopped saying out loud in the 1990s).

The sad thing is that they're still correct - they are the intellectual bastion of mainstream American conservatism because what passes for intellectual mainstream conservatism is writing like an imperialist or scientific racist from the 19th century instead of sounding like a fat radio clown.

All you really need to know is that Rich Lowry, the editor of the National Review and the guy who wrote that article defending Trump, once wrote this about Sarah Palin:

Rich Lowry posted:

I'm sure I'm not the only male in America who, when Palin dropped her first wink, sat up a little straighter on the couch and said, "Hey, I think she just winked at me." And her smile. By the end, when she clearly knew she was doing well, it was so sparkling it was almost mesmerizing. It sent little starbursts through the screen and ricocheting around the living rooms of America. This is a quality that can't be learned; it's either something you have or you don't, and man, she's got it.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Doctor Butts posted:

aeglus posted:

Technically all he needed to do was to have most of it done in Mexico, then ship it over to the USA and have a few final touches done in order to say it was made in the USA. Granted that's a lot of extra money to spend for a label, even if you are cheating it.

You two are overestimating his involvement in that clothing line, which was probably limited to approving a contract that someone else had negotiated to just stick his name on some existing thing.

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

ReidRansom posted:

You two are overestimating his involvement in that clothing line, which was probably limited to approving a contract that someone else had negotiated to just stick his name on some existing thing.

In what way does this matter?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

ReidRansom posted:

Well, yea, no poo poo. But that only helps to point out how full of poo poo he is. If he gave a gently caress, he wouldn't have done that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

It's ironic, you see.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I for one am enjoying watching Trump happily flail about in the political landscape with like the barest clue of what he's doing.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
The thing is the best of trump is still yet to come. He's not used to real hard work and can't handle direct disrespect. His entrance into the primary is going to be nothing compared to his exit when he loses patience and everything boils over at once.

I thought Carson was going to be the first to self destruct his way out of the primaries but now it's a real race

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Good Citizen posted:

The thing is the best of trump is still yet to come. He's not used to real hard work and can't handle direct disrespect. His entrance into the primary is going to be nothing compared to his exit when he loses patience and everything boils over at once.

I thought Carson was going to be the first to self destruct his way out of the primaries but now it's a real race

I'm just hoping he doesn't peak early. Please let him at Least stay in for one debate.

cprun0227
Nov 25, 2002
what

Iron Twinkie posted:

Yeah, 5 Rabbit's a drat good brewer already, but this just makes me appreciate them even more. Gotta love their 5 Vulture

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Just saw a newsflash from NBCNews that Serta has separated from Trump.

Serta, the mattress people. ... He had a mattress line or something?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Teddybear posted:

I thought he slept on a pile of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Teddybear posted:

Maybe Serta in his hotels?

• Locked thread