Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Haha, Mirana AND Visage first-banned

E: THE MANLIEST CLOUD PICK

mfcrocker fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."
Am I blind or have a lot of these recent streams I've caught not had an english caster?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Azzents posted:

Am I blind or have a lot of these recent streams I've caught not had an english caster?

Lots of games recently have exclusively been on non-Twitch sites (Dailymotion, MLG.tv).

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Goetta posted:

Lots of games recently have exclusively been on non-Twitch sites (Dailymotion, MLG.tv).

They always list the site on joindota though, and unless I too am blind I cant find an english caster for fnatic vs liquid.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

TheRat posted:

They always list the site on joindota though, and unless I too am blind I cant find an english caster for fnatic vs liquid.

MLG DotaCinema

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Quetzadilla posted:

They should probably remove Kiev as one of the voting options for hosting the D2CL S3 championship...

They had a Star Ladder finals during the start of the protests. It's not like cars are burning on every street, more like a few thousand people barricaded themselves in on the capitol lawn.

ZionestLord
Jan 9, 2010
Mid axe confirmed on bone7

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Meat Recital posted:

Liquid vs. Fnatic in the Captain's Draft MLG tournament is starting up. It tells you how varied the pro scene is when not even Captain's Draft picks can get me excited. There is an Omniknight though.

As an example of this, guess which of these drafts is a normal draft, and which is a Captain's Draft:

Disruptor/Ember/Luna/SD/Veno vs. Axe/Weaver/Nyx/WD/Furion

or

Ursa/Razor/Earthshaker/Warlock/Jakiro vs. Kotl/WD/Naix/Ember/Omni

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

Walkin Goon posted:

When Drow activates it, I believe.

I actually tested this out a while ago. If the birds are within normal aura range of drow, they get the bonus damage even if it's not activated. If drow activates it, the birds get the bonus damage no matter where they are.

This might have changed since then though.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Craptacular! posted:

They had a Star Ladder finals during the start of the protests. It's not like cars are burning on every street, more like a few thousand people barricaded themselves in on the capitol lawn.

Yeah but Russia is pretty much posturing for war. Anyway I'm sure they'll modify the poll or have a backup plan if it becomes necessary.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Liquid drives me loving crazy with their play sometimes.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I love me some n0tail

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Honestly wouldn't care anymore if liquid disbanded. Such lazy, awful play

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Sleight of Fist lets Ember avoid so much damage, it's absurd.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Bone7 just barely missed out on an Axe triple dunk.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Did.... Did Power Rangers actually figure out the proper use of Ember Spirit? :ohdear:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

Did.... Did Power Rangers actually figure out the proper use of Ember Spirit? :ohdear:

Ember has been really good the past couple weeks in competitive games

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Craptacular! posted:

Eh I think it's more that C9 went with unusual picks/lanes more than Ember specifically. Though the ES play has been absurdly good as well.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
PR playing well pretty much confirms C9 are a top tier team

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Goetta posted:

Ember has been really good the past couple weeks in competitive games

Ember keeps being picked as the team's hard carry and falling apart in late game. One of Navi's losses was pretty much because Ember Spirit was picked instead of the many other XBOCT heroes.

PR actually picked a Luna to carry the late game, i.e. doing it right.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Firebatgyro posted:

PR playing well pretty much confirms C9 are a top tier team

PR needs to make it to TI4 and then be considered the top favourite due to their status as tier 1 killer :cheeky:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Ember is 4-7 in games longer than 40 minutes (5-7 if you include a game that ended at 39:30), including a win in a 81 minute game. That's really not that bad.

e: I didn't watch XBOCT's Ember game but maybe he shouldn't have died 12 times and maybe they would have won.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Craptacular! posted:

Ember keeps being picked as the team's hard carry and falling apart in late game. One of Navi's losses was pretty much because Ember Spirit was picked instead of the many other XBOCT heroes.

PR actually picked a Luna to carry the late game, i.e. doing it right.

Yeah he has done best as part of a dual core limeup. VP ran him with a Morph the other day and practically never died the entire match.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
AA is in like every game now jesus christ

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

CVE posted:

PR needs to make it to TI4 and then be considered the top favourite due to their status as tier 1 killer :cheeky:

I haven't managed to watch much PR lately, but from what I've seen they're a legitimately decent team at this point, it wouldn't surprise me that much to see them in TI4 as one of the last invites/qualifier winner.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Elyv posted:

I haven't managed to watch much PR lately, but from what I've seen they're a legitimately decent team at this point, it wouldn't surprise me that much to see them in TI4 as one of the last invites/qualifier winner.

I think they are for sure one of the top 16 teams in the world right now.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Elyv posted:

Yeah they probably should at least get a qualifier spot. Na'Vi, Alliance and Empire are the only western teams I would seed at the moment. The others are kinda a toss up.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Goetta posted:

AA is in like every game now jesus christ

I love how versatile the current patch is - now for Icefrog to completely ruin this balance in the next balance patch.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo Fnatic just picked all of my top 3 favorites in one game (Bane, Centaur, OM). :syoon:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Fnatic picked Centaur and Ogre Magi. If Liquid lose to this they should disband.

Walkin Goon
Apr 4, 2011
PR really love playing this carry Vengeful Spirit.

And Ancient Apparition.

And Witch Doctor. :swoon:

e: Also, Fnatic mid Ogre Magi. :syoon:

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Sven v. Ogre as the 1v1 mid match. This rules.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Mid Ogre is something I can believe in

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Remake game, same picks!

Oh, Fnatic :allears:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Goetta posted:

I think they are for sure one of the top 16 teams in the world right now.

Are they one of the top 7-8 NA/EU teams though? That's probably what they'll need to get a direct invite and I think it's really close, especially since Valve is definitely going to invite at least 1-2 teams with NA players.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Let's Watch Pro Dota 2014 - delete clientregistry.blob

Simple Simon
Dec 29, 2008

"Good sir, would you fancy a Salmon tartar?"
OG-RE CAR-RY OG-RE CAR-RY!

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Ogre so fat, lvl 7 1k hp with 3 branches.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Ogre :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simple Simon