Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

800peepee51doodoo
Mar 1, 2001

Volute the swarth, trawl betwixt phonotic
Scoff the festune

exmorte posted:

Oh dear, this one... well.... I don't think that was exactly the solution the guy in the picture had in mind. But hey The market never ever abuses its power, nope.

Respond with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Fulchrum posted:

Gotcha, thanks.

*sigh* You think you know a guy.....

This one is impressive. He tries to seriously counterpoint every thing on the list until he gets so angry he just calls them niggers and skips to the end. How hard do you think he was pounding the keyboard in that last line?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

quote:

“Subway™ Eat Fresh and Freeze, Scumbag!®” I yelled.

:allears: I love it.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

The Japan line makes me think this is a parody because I could not stop laughing at the CAPS LOCK loving RAGE at a person who would DARE TO BE IGNORANT OF PROUD NIPPONESE CULTURE AND LANGUAGE!!!!!!11

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
I like where he says "we live in a white country" without realizing that that's the loving point.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Australia, well know for its white native inhabitants.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
But you see, in Australia its actually the native Aboriginal population that has all the advantages, like on all the forms where they can tick to get special treatment. And that's why all positions of power in australia are held by Indigenous Australians.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Australia, well know for its white native inhabitants.

I like South Africa's founding myths. Oh! White people just happened to arrive and start farming and mining at the exact time black people were migrating south into the same completely empty lands so we were here first and then the Zulus came you see.

Oh, those ancient ruins over here in the Transvaal? Well, just look at the sophisticated building techniques, must have been done by an ancient race of native white people, the Biblical city of the fair Queen of Sheba, because we all know these Bantus can't conceive of anything more impressive than a mud hut, eh my bru? :clint:

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Wait is this a joke?

How are Bachmann, Trump, Gingrich, Santorum, Perry and Cruz still around? How are they still even people?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sir Rolo posted:

Wait is this a joke?

How are Bachmann, Trump, Gingrich, Santorum, Perry and Cruz still around? How are they still even people?

I wish it was a joke. I gave Ron Paul maybe $10 back in 2008 and I still get e-mails. One of the recent ones was an AR-15 giveaway. Others talk about how the evil IRS is making Dr. Paul's Campaign for Liberty disclose their campaign donors, and dastardly statist plans to limit their freedom of speech because they are a tax-exempt organization.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sir Rolo posted:

Wait is this a joke?

I thought it was a joke too considering how a good chunk of those "Republican leaders" aren't currently in an elected position.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
How come Perry isn't wearing his smart grandpa glasses in that picture? Has he abandoned the normcore look so soon?

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Joker. Truly someone you should be going to for well reasoned, truthful, and not at all sociopathic opinions.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

It still disappoints me that it's 2014 and not only have we not prosecuted anybody who made the call to use torture in the Bush administration, but also a war criminal is a "leader" of one of the two major political parties. gently caress you Allen West. :(

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

No see Obama needed to look forward, not back. If he had prosecuted war criminals, he would never have been able to forge compromises with the Republicans to pass important legislation. Criminal charges would have driven them insane with paranoia and resentment, and they would have spent the last five years on obstructing him every step of the way and trying to impeach him.

Now let me tell you how the US economy can only survive on a foundation of never prosecuting financial fraud or money laundering...

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
No president is ever going to investigate the prior administration for crimes because then every administration after would just be a long-rear end chain of investigating the prior administration for any dirt they can possibly dig up.

You can argue the moral and ethical implications of this all you want but that's the way it is.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
That is some impressive Jindal whitewashing going on there.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

1stGear posted:

No president is ever going to investigate the prior administration for crimes because then every administration after would just be a long-rear end chain of investigating the prior administration for any dirt they can possibly dig up.

You can argue the moral and ethical implications of this all you want but that's the way it is.

No I understand. Just think if Clinton had gone after Reagan for treason: the Republicans would have spent his whole administration digging up any dirt they could find to impeach him no matter how ridiculous and petty it made the country look.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

VitalSigns posted:

No I understand. Just think if Clinton had gone after Reagan for treason: the Republicans would have spent his whole administration digging up any dirt they could find to impeach him no matter how ridiculous and petty it made the country look.

Had Clinton gone after Reagan for treason, Republicans would still be going after Clinton for sexual misconduct. Which I am not sure I would be that set against, now that I think about it; having sex with your subordinates is a big no-no, as I see it.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Clinton couldn't go after anyone in Iran-Contra because Bush already pardoned them. Presidents don't want to prosecute their predecessors because they don't want to find themselves on the dock when their term is over.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

And that joke toooootally started off being about "Democrats."

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

I don't think I could ever sympathize with something coming at me through the loving jokers mouth.

MisterBadIdea
Oct 9, 2012

Anything?

muscles like this? posted:

I thought it was a joke too considering how a good chunk of those "Republican leaders" aren't currently in an elected position.

And in one case, is not even a politician.

Seriously, a GOP that hasn't learned to rid themselves of Trump is one that will never get any better.

King Metal
Jun 15, 2001

CitizenKain posted:

That is some impressive Jindal whitewashing going on there.

I didn't notice that. I went to look for the source of the photo, and that is the official photo from the Louisiana government website. The one in that flyer appears to be slightly whiter even.
http://www.gov.louisiana.gov/index.cfm?md=pagebuilder&tmp=home&navID=38&cpID=1&catID=0

I went ahead and fixed the rest of it for them.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Tigntink posted:

I don't think I could ever sympathize with something coming at me through the loving jokers mouth.

I just assume that whenever anyone continuously uses the term 'the Feds', whatever they said isn't really worth listening to.

So far I have yet to be proven wrong.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this? posted:

Feature not a bug. Not being elected just strengthens their anti-government credibility.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Rexicon1 posted:

The Japan line makes me think this is a parody because I could not stop laughing at the CAPS LOCK loving RAGE at a person who would DARE TO BE IGNORANT OF PROUD NIPPONESE CULTURE AND LANGUAGE!!!!!!11

It's an especially bad example since most of Japan provides services in both English and Japanese.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

seiferguy posted:

It's an especially bad example since most of Japan provides services in both English and Japanese.

poo poo, isn't learning English part of their standard education?

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Regalingualius posted:

poo poo, isn't learning English part of their standard education?

It's about as much of their standard education as taking Spanish/French is for most high school students that take it in the US. They end up forgetting most of the grammar, but remembering a few nouns, stock phrases, and greetings. The Japanese education system in terms of English education lags very very significantly behind the English education efforts in China and Korea. They recently changed the education standards a little bit to push real English education earlier, but kids basically don't start actually learning any English until middle school. By that point you can still teach a kid a second language if they're very motivated, but it takes like 10x more work.

The overarching effect is not really that people end up speaking English, but that they end up using a lot more English loanwords when speaking Japanese. It also leads to a weird offshoot dialect of English that is primarily cultivated by the Japanese textbook industry that fills the English textbooks with 95% Japanese text then never has a native speaker look at any of the phrases.

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

Sir Rolo posted:

Wait is this a joke?

If nothing else, it's a good place to ask Santorum about the sinful anime publisher that helps bankroll his squeaky-clean "faith-based" film company.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Is this about the struggles of poverty? Hmm, let's read the article.

quote:

This blog post is a bit of a rant and it’s a bit all over the place. My kids are NOT the center of my world, and that’s quite simply because they aren’t the center of any world, anywhere...

Okayyyy...

quote:

He gathered the action figure, the mask that goes with him, and the yellow drill and proudly told me he’d chosen that for Show & Tell. Then, you could see him thinking. And he promptly changed his mind and said to me, “You know what, I better not take this. My teacher will probably think it’s a gun, and then I’ll get in trouble,” put the action figure back, and chose something else.

I often think about the world my boys will grow up in. I often get angry when I think about it. This particular situation just furthered those emotions for me.

So her son learned to think through the consequences of his actions, having a hard time seeing the problem...

quote:

There was a time – not too long ago – when bullying was defined as slamming someone up against a locker and stealing their lunch money. There was a time when kids got called names and got picked on, and they brushed it off and worked through it (ask me how I know this). Now, if Sally calls Susie a bitch (please excuse my language if that offends you), Susie’s whole world crumbles around her, she contemplates suicide, and this society encourages her to feel like her world truly has ended, and she should feel entitled to a world-wide pity party. And Sally – phew! She should be jailed! She should be thrown in juvenile detention for acting like – gasp – a teenage girl acts.

Oh, there it is. "Why can't I call people bitches and faggots and niggers in 2014's pussified America :qq:"

:rolleyes:

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

Is this about the struggles of poverty? Hmm, let's read the article.

Okayyyy...

So her son learned to think through the consequences of his actions, having a hard time seeing the problem...

Oh, there it is. "Why can't I call people bitches and faggots and niggers in 2014's pussified America :qq:"

:rolleyes:

That whole article is about attacking a strawman of other parents that the author conjures up and then rails against. 'I raise my children this way which is obviously the right way and other parents are doing it the wrong way and it's going to ruin a generation. Why? Because I said so.' It's bigger than this talking strawman, goddamn:

Lady, as far as I can tell from your blog post you aren't someone who works in the study of child-rearing or child psychology. You're just some mom who thinks she knows better than this bizarre hosed up caricature of everyone else. It's not some stupid loving contest, and no one else gives a poo poo how you are totally not going to let YOUR CHILDREN be like those OTHER CHILDREN. :wrongful:

Lemma
Aug 18, 2010
It's a pretty clear-cut example of how bullying is not only not a problem, but a positive good for victim and bully alike. Being called names prepares you for upper management positions, duh!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lemma posted:

It's a pretty clear-cut example of how bullying is not only not a problem, but a positive good for victim and bully alike. Being called names prepares you for upper management positions, duh!

I thought holding down sissies and cutting their hair was what showed you had leadership potential.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

VitalSigns posted:

I thought holding down sissies and cutting their hair was what showed you had leadership potential.

When you can effectively coordinate the other students into a cohesive group that relentlessly improves the weakest links in a team then you're just the kind of paradigm shifting leader we look for in the executive branch.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

:confused:

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Tigntink posted:

The actual quote from the movie is pretty on-point, complaining that people obsess over terrorism while ignoring hundreds of violent crimes every day. Now let's hear the person who posted that image give his thoughts on terrorism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm also curious what they mean by immigrants 'grazing' on the nation.