Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diafthora
Sep 22, 2003

All I wanted to do was introduce him to Mr. Axe
There's a new solar backpack for sale on Amazon. It basically let's you play Pokémon all day so long as the sun is out.

https://www.amazon.com/SunLabz%AE-Charger-Backpack-INCLUDING-Hydration/dp/B00YV6WY44

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Obligatory Toast posted:

Also I heard that the White House is a pokemon gym.

It's a gym, it was close enough to see on my map yesterday.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bobulus posted:

I want to know these people capable of putting an unlocked phone in their pocket without a billion screenbuttons being pressed as you walk around. Do you have special non-conductive pockets or something?

Go into the options and turn on Battery Saver or Power Saver or whatever the mode is. When your phone is upside-down (like being placed top facing the ground into your pocket), the screen goes almost completely black and it hides the interface.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Diafthora posted:

There's a new solar backpack for sale on Amazon. It basically let's you play Pokémon all day so long as the sun is out.

https://www.amazon.com/SunLabz%AE-Charger-Backpack-INCLUDING-Hydration/dp/B00YV6WY44

God, it even looks like something a trainer would use.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Trapezound posted:

Another yellow in this area! There might be dozens of us. :unsmith:

:unsmith::hf::unsmith:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Diafthora posted:

https://www.amazon.com/SunLabz®-Charger-Backpack-INCLUDING-Hydration/dp/B00YV6WY44
A normal 10,000 mAh battery pack takes upwards of six to eight hours to recharge under favorable conditions.

I can't believe that thing will recharge anywhere near what the reviews say.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 12, 2016

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Just took over a level 4 Blue church by myself. Thanks for the gym, idiots. :smug:

Team Red slowly making our way down town for total domination of the city. Yellow has been smart enough to not even try around here.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

hot sauce posted:

It's a gym, it was close enough to see on my map yesterday.

I bet everyone in DC picked their teams based on their political party. I want real-time reporting on the Battle for the Whitehouse.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
[pokenoob] Were these three teams a thing in the previous versions of the game? It really is kind of odd how few Yellow gyms I see in comparison to the other two. It's not never, but it definitely seems rarer.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

showbiz_liz posted:

I bet everyone in DC picked their teams based on their political party. I want real-time reporting on the Battle for the Whitehouse.

Everyone would be red or blue and no one would care about the third party. Just like the rest of the country!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Diafthora posted:

7W? Better wear two.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Obligatory Toast posted:

I mean, it's for the best in the long run because everyone benefits from stops over gyms. I still can't get over the fact that the listed gyms in my town are a carbide storage unit, a lamp, a church that was once a pizza hut, and then an actual pizza hut.

Also, that sucks. :smith: I hope they reconsider opening submissions for new stops once things get settled with the servers and stability improves. It's nice going down to the local cemetery to gravehop and pokestop, but sometimes I want a stop a little closer.

Though I really don't have a reason to complain, it's less than two city blocks from my house.

I went to the cemetery and where wasn't a single Gastly in sight :(

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

showbiz_liz posted:

I work across the street from the Capitol. Check each morning to see whether it woke up Blue or Red.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

showbiz_liz posted:

[pokenoob] Were these three teams a thing in the previous versions of the game? It really is kind of odd how few Yellow gyms I see in comparison to the other two. It's not never, but it definitely seems rarer.

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.

CrashCat posted:

A normal 10,000 mAh battery pack takes upwards of six to eight hours to recharge under favorable conditions.

I can't believe that thing will recharge anywhere near what the reviews say.

mAh is capacity, not current. That backpack is 7W and 5V, so 1.4A.

For comparison, USB 2.0 charges at 0.5A, and my Nexus 6's turbo charger can go up to 9V at 1.6A or 12V at 1.2A.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Ensign Expendable posted:

I went to the cemetery and where wasn't a single Gastly in sight :(

I nabbed a Haunter this afternoon. Sure I had to cross the road three times and basically circle a Meter-man to find it, but it was worth it.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
Also correspond to the three legendary birds in game. ... It's in the team's emblems.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Tortilla Maker posted:

I work across the street from the Capitol. Check each morning to see whether it woke up Blue or Red.

The typical election process this year will be set aside in place of a poke-battle for the white-house. Whoever owns it at the strike of 12am wins.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Everyone would be red or blue and no one would care about the third party. Just like the rest of the country!

It actually kind of is a perfect demonstration of the hurdles third parties face in a first-past-the-post system. Why would someone joining up now pick Team Instinct in a city where that team is weaker than the other two?

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe
I feel like a drive by shooter as a yellow. I just roll every gym i find, its never upgrading or fortifying a yellow, just getting tons of XP wrecking peoples poo poo.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

showbiz_liz posted:

It actually kind of is a perfect demonstration of the hurdles third parties face in a first-past-the-post system. Why would someone joining up now pick Team Instinct in a city where that team is weaker than the other two?

Because taking over gyms gives a shitload of exp and isn't especially difficult.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Obligatory Toast posted:

Also correspond to the three legendary birds in game. ... It's in the team's emblems.

Wasnt there also a really funny study done on games and team colours that identified red and blue as the 2 dominant colours? It would explain why red and blue gobble up the majority of the players.

The Banned
Jun 11, 2005
"My witness is the empty sky."

i think i'm gonna let this one go

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Senerio posted:

My pidgeotto is an adorable tiny baby.

In the opposite vein check out this adorably fat gently caress. 3000 times heavier than your bird.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Maybe a small sample size but my GPS is markedly better after the update. Noticeable in the first few minutes.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is anyone having login trouble after updating using Pokemon account?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

PRADA SLUT posted:

Is anyone having login trouble after updating using Pokemon account?

I am. Had the app closed but not logged out when I updated. Restarting gave me the option to log out, and I haven't been back in since.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
As a yellow sunbro it is my job to go out and ruin gyms in the mornings before the kids wake up

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my pidgeotto is extremely light:

lighter than a pidgey:

waaaay lighter than a fellow 'geotto:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Rastor posted:

It's probably fake. Here is a cute idea for a Pokébusiness though:

(source)

This kid owns.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Nomenclature posted:

mAh is capacity, not current. That backpack is 7W and 5V, so 1.4A.

For comparison, USB 2.0 charges at 0.5A, and my Nexus 6's turbo charger can go up to 9V at 1.6A or 12V at 1.2A.
Still astonished it can put out that much, the solar cells I used to see could barely turn a tiny motor slowly. If they've really come that far that's amazing.

Either that or the rating is the max you can get when the flesh is being melted off your bones and it will still take a decade to recharge the pack it comes with.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

showbiz_liz posted:

I thought about that too, but I'm seeing lots of red controlled gyms, which would not make sense with how liberal most of the population is here.

edit: I will walk by the White House tomorrow and see who is currently controlling it. It's just a few blocks too far out of range on my normal walk to work.

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

Teeter posted:

It's not as bad as it seems. If you figure out the combat system you can take on foes much stronger than yourself by dodging. If you make sure to set your lineup according to super effective types then you can squeeze out another big advantage there. Most of all, you can attack gyms with multiple people at the same time.

It's really easy to get the advantage and take gyms, but takes much more effort to raise them up.

Is there a special option you can select for simultaneously attacking a gym with a friend? Or do you just mash the "Go" button at roughly the same time?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

UV_Catastrophe posted:

Is there a special option you can select for simultaneously attacking a gym with a friend? Or do you just mash the "Go" button at roughly the same time?

If someone of your team is in combat when you engage, you automagically team up. Helped someone that I couldn't even see siege a Valor stronghold at the train station on the way to work this morning.

Managed to snipe the gym closest to my office, too, if only for a brief bit. I passed a pack of four twenty-somethings who were talking about "finally, it's blue again, we can retake it".

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Riding down the interstate got me like

Really shouldn't have used that incense.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hrist posted:

Just took over a level 4 Blue church by myself. Thanks for the gym, idiots. :smug:

Team Red slowly making our way down town for total domination of the city. Yellow has been smart enough to not even try around here.

This sounds like the Sharks vs. The Jets.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Has anyone bought the backpack/item upgrade and know how many slots it adds? I'm considering using surveybux on it since it's pretty cheap.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Knightmare posted:

Has anyone bought the backpack/item upgrade and know how many slots it adds? I'm considering using surveybux on it since it's pretty cheap.

Pretty sure its 50 extra slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Knightmare posted:

The description says +50

• Locked thread