Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mafialligator
Sep 22, 2003

Lincoln Approves
Directed by: Chuck Jones
Starring: Butch Patrick, Mel Blanc, Daws Butler, June Foray

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064806/

This is my all-time favorite movie, the very first feature film by Chuck Jones.

It is a simple story about the time Eddie Munster became bored with life, so he considers commiting suicide and/or shooting up his school. It is then that a giant box arrives at his house, the box unravels creating a small Power Wheels convertible and a large tollbooth, possibly inhabited by phantoms. It is then he decides to drive through this tollbooth, then like the many damned souls before him he becomes animated.

While animated he befriends lazy snot monsters called the lethargians who are perpetually stuck in the doldrums. He has a short relationship with a man obsessed with homophones, yes it was a very homophonic relationship.

He also meets a man named Kakophonus A. Dischord, the A stands for AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE! He becomes the messenger boy between two warring nations, the nation of words, and the nation of numbers, even though the nation of numbers is the obvious winner since numbers are infinite.

All of these encounters are basically a veil to cover up that this book has no story. It has a bunch of actually witty and catchy songs, and some great animation involving no wabbits or ducks, it does however feature snot/sperm monsters, faceless ghosts, yosemite sam, an evil businessman, and a bunch of flaming homophones. And after being animated, those homophones start lookin real pretty.

To be serious, this is a fun movie with a bizarre and hilarious soundtrack. Even though it breaks into odd little bursts of School House Rockness it is still very enjoyable. I highly recommend since it is so good and so obscure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mafialligator
Sep 22, 2003

Lincoln Approves
So who else has ever seen this incredible movie?

vertov
Jun 14, 2003

hello
I saw it once when I was really young, but I don't remember anything specific about it. I really enjoyed the book though, which I remember pretty well.

Surly
Oct 3, 2003
Looks out for one guy; Surly
I read the book and I loved it when I was a kid, but I never knew they made a movie. I'll have to check this out!

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

I adored this movie when I was little, but it's one of those movies you don't always want to rent once you're older. It seemed way too long when I rented it a couple years ago. The concept is still cute and the movie was fun, but not at all as good as I remembered it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ska'd For Life
Mar 9, 2004
Nate sucks at TEEvee
I also read the book as a crappy assignment, but ended up liking it. I think the movie would be pretty cool.