Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

This movie is pure fluff, but anyone looking for a review of it in the first place is probably smart enough to realize that just by reading the name "Shrek" in the title. That said, there's a lot to enjoy if you like fluff. There are more puns, visual gags, pop culture references, and assorted jokes crammed into the movie than you can possibly notice in one view. If you enjoy trying to spot all the stuff people crammed into movies like Monsters Inc. and Shrek, well, you're a dork, but you'll probably love this movie, too.

Let's face it, this movie is no Shawshank Redemption, you can predict the entire plot a mile away and it has about all the impact of a wet piece of paper against a concrete wall. If you're looking for an intriguing story or a deep plot, you won't find one. That's not why you should come to watch a Shrek movie, you come to see goofy characters and hopefully get a good laugh. If you're going into the theater with that mindset, you should have a great time.

Oh, and for the record, there was only one song that really made me wince, the others were either ignorable or actually made the scene better, in my opinion, which is pretty amazing in itself.

I'll give it a 4 because the world needs a good fluff comedy every now and then, especially one that got as much effort in terms of cramming in little details as they did with this one. If there's a problem with that, you can go jump up my butt, sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU