Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetsonian
Feb 20, 2003
Directed by: Allan Moyle
Starring: Liv Tyler, Renee Zelwegger, Anthony LaPaglia, Debi Mazar

I can't say enough about this movie. It takes place in a single day at a record store. A big pop star comes to sign autographs, even though most of the social misfit staff don't like him. They deal with growing up, shoplifting, sex, love, suicide, and more. If you can rent it, try and get the fan remix version, I think it is a better version of the movie.

RATING: 4.5

PROS: Fun story, Excellent Soundtrack, Tyler and Zelwegger before they were stars (and before Zelwegger's eyes got sown shut)
CONS: In the Theatrical release there's a lot of characters that they don't introduce or explain fully, this is fixed in the 20+ minutes they added for the fan remix version.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0112950/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NADZILLA
Dec 16, 2003
iron helps us play
Awful unlikable dipshits "working" in an angst-filled fantasy land for worthless gen-X stoner fucks. lovely jokes, horrible 90s wuss-rock soundtrack, utterly retarded dialogue. loving Liv Tyler needs to go back under the desk she sucked her way to fame under. I wanted to put out cigars on that rear end in a top hat Lucas' face. Empire Records fucks you in the rear end with Satan's flaming cock.

One.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

God drat did I hate this movie, and I have no idea why it's such a cult favorite. The only benefits are the hotness that is Liv Tyler at that point in time, and the scene with said actress in bra and panties.

1/5

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I imagine this is how 30-year-olds felt in the mid-80's watching movies like Ferris Bueller or Breakfast Club. These kids are stupid and obnoxious cookie-cutter stock characters and I hate them. And what the gently caress is up with this music? Toad the Wet Sprocket? Gin Blossoms? Better Than Ezra? NO ONE likes these bands. No one liked them when they were being foisted on "college radio," and no one will ever get nostalgic for this poo poo. These bands are like the Air Supplys of the 90's. I can't imagine the type of person who considers this one of his favorite movies (or worse, one of his favorite soundtracks). Rating: 1

Mofette
Jan 9, 2004

Hey you! It's the sound, in your head goes round and round

Anyone who has worked in a Bar, or a Record Shop, or anything a little bit alternative with a one-for-all, all-for-one mentality will totally get this film. From the interpersonal relationships, to covering for a gently caress-up and the Evil Corporate Overlords, this film may well be a little dated, but the colours and soundtrack envoke that 90s time rather well for a storyline that we all wish could've happened to us instead of being taken over by the conglomerate.

I can understand the criticism, it's not got the production values of Legally Blonde or even Clueless, but it's the same kind of Cult Film in my opinion and finding anyone that also likes this earns you a place on my kindred spirit list.

5/5