Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

In a way, this movie defined my childhood. I fell out of love with Weird Al's relatively predictable musical antics quite a while ago but this film always stood to me as a sign that he could do so much more. (that and various 'al tv' segments from various music channels).

Highlights for me: Anything to do with 'kramer', the cream-stuffed twinkie, the indiana jones sequence, billy barty as a camera man. Just a really inventive comedy that does not stop for air every, an unrelenting assault of comedy. Some of it works, some of it doesn't.

Lowlights: This may have been one of Fran Drescher's original 'big' roles and since I hate her with a passion I hate her here too. Though I hate her here less than anything else she's been in. I also hate Victoria Brown(?), that talentless schlump that should have been thrown off of SNL after her first show, but again, I hate her less here. The movie also kind of drags when Al and crew are called upon to actually act in any serious way, but those moments are few and far between.

4/5

PS-I don't know if the mods will approve of non-review postings that are just repeating catchphrases from the film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU