Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Directed by: Robert Moore
Starring: Peter Falk, Alec Guiness, Eileen Brennan, Peter Sellers, Maggie Smith, etc.

http://pils.r1hosting.net/pics/murderbydeathdvdcover.jpg

This is a very funny crime/comedy movie from 1976 starring an awesome "all-star" cast as I'd call it. Many well-known faces that work well together, acting out the story as written by Neil Simon.

The premise is as such: The world's top five detective couples (husband and wife) are invited to "Dinner with a Murder" at an old crazy man's manshion - Lionel Twain. The events will take place over a weekend, and Mr. Twain, his servants and his mansion have many tricks up their sleeves. The detectives will have to stay alert at all times, and only the best will solve Mr. Twain's mysteries that lie ahead at the end of the weekend.

The dialogue is very witty and intelligent. The characters are intentionally very different, which leads to many arguements, discussions and other fun, but they're all tied together by Mr. Twain's blind butler, exceptionally well played by Alec Guinness.

Check out this perhaps forgotten gem!

RATING: 5

PROS: Peculiar and witty. Great cast of all-star actors
CONS: Eh

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0074937/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ogm
May 20, 2001

I've seen this movie a few times, and it really is very entertaining. Kind of similar to Clue, but for an older audience perhaps.

Shakey
May 12, 2004

by OMGWTFBBQ
I give it a 3. It's supposed to be a mystery-comedy, but frankly it lacks in both departments. I really expected more out of it. And the ending was particularily bad, I thought.

Columbo makes it entertaining enough to watch through to the end atleast.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

I loving love this film. Peter Falk's gay, racist Sam Spade is hilarious. "I gotta go to the can. Sometimes I talk so much I forget to pee." And Alec Guinness is as good as ever as Jamesir Bensonma'am. In fact the entire cast is stellar with one glaring exception - Truman Capote couldn't act his way out of pyjamas and really lets the side down. It's pure silliness but it always makes me laugh. A great film for when you're doing the ironing. I'm going to give it a 4.5.